Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Be careful though. She has quoted me from here before.

I could care less - and I am sure she is gonna jump when she sees my post - Maybe she needs to stop lurking on the board and find a man and get herself some - her attitude might improve -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Lawny,

I know its easier said then done, but please do your best to try and stay strong. GOD will see you thru this difficult period. You just have to weather this storm. Its my belief that he's preparing you for something. So hold tight girly. Your in my prayers.

The Buzzard, The Bat and The Bumblebee

THE BUZZARD:

If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

THE BAT:

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

THE BUMBLEBEE:

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely

destroys itself.

PEOPLE:

In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee.

We struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing that all we have to do is look up!

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, But faith looks up!

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and trust in our Creator who loves us.

SEND THIS TO A FRIEND.............I did.

Today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present.

Ty - are you just about busting???? 2 weeks till interview!!! Does he have all the paperwork or are you going down for it?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LMAO... @ Sus

Question, does the Embassy do interviews on Saturdays? or are they always during the week? Not that im anywhere near that stage yet, but im thinking i want to be with D, for the interview, they start asking questions and he will get to stuttering, if he gets flustered...lol

also for those of you who have done the process, when you get your interview date is it usually within sufficient time for you to make travel arrangements to JA, in order to be with your SO?

Timeline
LMAO... @ Sus

Question, does the Embassy do interviews on Saturdays? or are they always during the week? Not that im anywhere near that stage yet, but im thinking i want to be with D, for the interview, they start asking questions and he will get to stuttering, if he gets flustered...lol

also for those of you who have done the process, when you get your interview date is it usually within sufficient time for you to make travel arrangements to JA, in order to be with your SO?

Ha....ha.....the answer is HELL NO on the Saturday thing. They barely work during the week.

You usually get about a month's notice on the date. Sometimes a little longer.

From the Gleaner today......

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=3047

So, no calls tomorrow cause no one will answer.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
LMAO... @ Sus

No way Honey...no interviews on Saturday. That DAMN line would run the entire length of Old Hope Road and then some. Tell him not to worry.

I just spoke to the nicest man at USCIS. Oh, let me tell you. Still no SSN #...SSN tells me that immigration does not show that there's an entry for my SO. (someone please explain that). I was told that he would get his card in 14 days. It's beyond that. The gentleman told me if he does not get a card by next week I have to make an INFOPass appt. Does this sound, right. My FEDEX packet smells like ENGINE oil or asphalt.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Islandwoman,

I think I'll wait and bust once he steps off the airplane. (ha) I took him all of the paperwork he needed when I visited last month. Unfortunately I'm not able to return for the interview. But I'm making sure he's prepared. We got the medical completed yesterday now all he needs to do is go and pay the visa fee at paymaster. Oh and continue to study the sheet I made for him on the questions they may ask. He is getting nervous though. Says he just wants to go and get thru with it.

2 weeks and counting!

tymoore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well since you all are slow with the chat today...lol...work is calling. Im off to run family psychotherapy group( this should be fun.... If any of you feel the need to drop in for a little therapy non related to JA, im in group room A) now let me see what page # we are on, in case i have to catch up when i return....

848...got it.

Back later, try not to have to much fun without me :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
LMAO... @ Sus

Ha....ha.....the answer is HELL NO on the Saturday thing. They barely work during the week.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
LMAO... @ Sus

What a deal - they close for US AND JA holidays!! I need to get me a job there......

Timeline
for tonites party im going to see if i can find " Queen Ifreaka's song, " below the waist" i love that song, anyone heard it??

haven't heard it.. gonna have to look that up..

and this sucks.. SSA blocks the video so I won't even be able to see what ya'll post.. MAN

i would play Beenie Man's "####### It Up" :devil: heck anyting by Beenie Man get di place jumping..

han when its time fi slow it down, is all about richie spice "di world is a cycle" !!! BULLET BULLET BULLET!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
I just spoke to the nicest man at USCIS. Oh, let me tell you. Still no SSN #...SSN tells me that immigration does not show that there's an entry for my SO. (someone please explain that). I was told that he would get his card in 14 days. It's beyond that. The gentleman told me if he does not get a card by next week I have to make an INFOPass appt. Does this sound, right. My FEDEX packet smells like ENGINE oil or asphalt.

Maybe the truck broke down or got in an accident. My mail carrier's car caught on fire a couple weeks ago!!

Islandwoman,

I think I'll wait and bust once he steps off the airplane. (ha) I took him all of the paperwork he needed when I visited last month. Unfortunately I'm not able to return for the interview. But I'm making sure he's prepared. We got the medical completed yesterday now all he needs to do is go and pay the visa fee at paymaster. Oh and continue to study the sheet I made for him on the questions they may ask. He is getting nervous though. Says he just wants to go and get thru with it. 2 weeks and counting!

I bet! This is probably the worst part of it, I would imagine. So close that you can see the finish line but still can't reach.

Timeline
LMAO... @ Sus

What a deal - they close for US AND JA holidays!! I need to get me a job there......

Girl I said the same thing.. they had an adjudications job open this time last year.. i havnt seen anything else since then..and believe me i been looking LOL di pay is not very good compared to my gov job here, but maybe I don't need as much to live in Kingston??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.