Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SUnny, i see you and island and roxcie all got jokes....LOL... fortunately everyone remained psychiatrically stable last night and i didnt have to take any phone calls, but i had the pager right near my head, so everyone is all good....LOL

Honey, how do you know that all went well, no one took their medication so they were unable to call. I bet if you call the police statio they will tell you that they have all of your patients there waiting on YOU.

Roxcie

Well, Roxcie... the same two who were previously in the hospital are still there and no new ones turned up, so i would consider that a good night....LOL... now when i get 3 am calls from the police department stating one of my clients is nekkid outside his apartment and just killed his cat, that's when i know it must be a full moon and i need to prepare a pot of coffee for a long stretch of psych calls....LOL

Lawny, dont cry. #######??? how does Fed Ex F-up mail like that, what are we paying them for, if they cant get it from point A to point B. Just take a deep breath, i am certain you have copies of all your stuff, just reassemble it and remail it, dont get stressed out.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm doing it today...........filing LOC. Ironically, I am not the least bit nervous. I have 10lbs of paperwork bound up all nice and neat for the CSC.

Wish us luck because almost all of you on here are going to follow in those footsteps sooner or later. I'll let you know if I screwed up and did something your shouldn't do.

GOOD LUCK JG!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone, got some basic questions-

What are these "packets" everyone talks about getting? What is in them? What do they mean?

What is a non-impediment and what is an RGD?

From start to finish, it appears (from looking at timelines) that the whole process can be as little as 6 months. Is that right? From the time we send our I-129 to the time our SO can board a plane and come home with us? (doesn't seem long too terribly long!)

Thanks for answering these.

6 months is not impossible if things run smooth. Just keep in mind every case is different and sometimes delays happen that are beyond your control.

Ours actually took just under 5 months; but that was a little over 2 years ago. Things have changed a bit since then.

I wish you luck.

I'm at 6 months right now since filing - and interview hasn't happened yet. Each case is different........

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Mawnin Yardies!

Weh mi frens dem deh? :unsure:

Morning Girl! I was busy copying my freakin bank statements for the last 12 months.....on office time.... :whistle:

:help: Vets - I can't remember, is it YES or NO on a letter from the bank. I have 3 yrs of tax transcripts and 3 yrs of W-2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny,

I know its easier said then done, but please do your best to try and stay strong. GOD will see you thru this difficult period. You just have to weather this storm. Its my belief that he's preparing you for something. So hold tight girly. Your in my prayers.

The Buzzard, The Bat and The Bumblebee

THE BUZZARD:

If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

THE BAT:

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

THE BUMBLEBEE:

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely

destroys itself.

PEOPLE:

In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee.

We struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing that all we have to do is look up!

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, But faith looks up!

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly and trust in our Creator who loves us.

SEND THIS TO A FRIEND.............I did.

Today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present.

tymoore

Timeline
Who knows where I go to add LOC to my timeline?

It's been so long since I had to change anything.

Go to the timeline section - edit my timeline -

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

She's at it again, JG - 'bout to have a good brawl today, because I am not biting my tongue -

Tell me where to go...I wanna see this!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Goodmorning Ladies!! I came in,introduced myself then I ran away...So if u all need me to reintroduce myself just let me know! :) So much has happened in my life the last few weeks and my SO still doesnt have his birth certificate so we cant do nothing till he has that...I havent had time to read thru but I hope u all have been well...I did want to send out my condolences to Marcel and Trelawny...

Ladies, I have a suggestion why don't we have a Ladies Night Roof Top Reggae Party tonight. I don't know how to search youtube for video's. If someone can do that and post that would be helpful. We can also post pictures and links to music, alonfg with a hot topic to discuss. We can post the rules up front and all that wants to join in tonight would be welcomed.

Anyone up for this?

Be Bless

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Goodmorning Ladies!! I came in,introduced myself then I ran away...So if u all need me to reintroduce myself just let me know! :) So much has happened in my life the last few weeks and my SO still doesnt have his birth certificate so we cant do nothing till he has that...I havent had time to read thru but I hope u all have been well...I did want to send out my condolences to Marcel and Trelawny...

Welcome back. :time: Where in the process are you?

ROxcie, im slow and not totally computer literate, this sounds fun, but you may have to give step by step instructions....LOL

Welcome, mommyto2!!!

The initial posting will be with an introduction to the Party with a music video attached. We need to come up with a HOT topic, for discussion. Please nothing offensive to anyone. I can start the post, but the rules needs to be a group effort. So is there anyone else up for this?

Roxcie

Timeline
ROxcie, im slow and not totally computer literate, this sounds fun, but you may have to give step by step instructions....LOL

Welcome, mommyto2!!!

The initial posting will be with an introduction to the Party with a music video attached. We need to come up with a HOT topic, for discussion. Please nothing offensive to anyone. I can start the post, but the rules needs to be a group effort. So is there anyone else up for this?

Roxcie

Me too, but I would have to do it after 9:00 - I gotta get my kids to bed first so mi can chat fi true!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies-

My check was cashed yesterday and I got the WAC number off the back of the check and registered online. Just waiting for the NAO1 in the mail! :dance: I am on my way.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Good mawnin ladies,

Jg....it's gonna be ok, the day will get better. i do all my swearing at night, when the teenagers start calling ror my son and im deep in the throws of falling asleep. I hollered at some poor gyal so bad the other night, i felt bad afterwards, but she called at 12:06, im like #######???? dont you know people have to get up and go to work in the morning child!!!! and my goofy a$$ son isnt going to be sitting up on the phone all night anyway, whatever y'all need to talk about better occur before 9 pm!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good day

Jg, what is the name of that place you buy your tea from, that caramel apple pistachio blend sounded good, only thing i have never brewed loose leaf tea, do they sell it in tea bag form???

Teavana. It is the bomb.

No. They sell only loose. They do sell some sort of earth friendly bags you can fill to make cups and some for pots. And, they sell strainers with teeny little openings so the tea doesn't go through.

I am hooked. It's crack, I tell you. I'll never go back to cheap tea.

If you find on in your city, Honey, they are really knowledgable about the teas. And, you can taste test them. Have them make you a apple pie pistachio tea mixed with the carmel (something like that), heavy sugar (it's African rock sugar), iced, no honey. It is orgasim in a cup!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.