Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG, i went and bought an accordion folder today with the months listed on the tabs in order to keep track of the paperwork, once i start getting packets together. I believe i remember reading either on this site or the other one that you said you organized all your stuff in a binder some kind of way, one day when you feel up to it, will you share that method, becuz i am as unorganized as they come, so i know im going to need some help. Anyone else have tried and true methods as to how they organized there stuff , is appreciated as well.

I will be happy to talk you through it. Let me know when you are ready.

In the meantime, keep everything at all that has to do with your relationship. I would not divide them into months, though. I would keep the same things all together.....phone bills, e-mails, letters, plane tickets, pictures, etc. If there is not a date on something, make sure to write the dates on them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Putting it together is not hard at all. Don't sweat it one bit.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:angry: Lita, that chicken sounds good, i cant wait to try it , though im with JG, i probably wont be inserting my hand into any cavities...

I remember when i was with my ex, we were young ...early 20's or so and i was all excited about our first thanksgiving. We were broke and young, well anyway my job passed out turkeys to all of the employees,as a gift. I was all excited i was planning on going home and just making the biggest fanciest dinner you had ever seen, long story short, i made the side dishes and seasoned up my bird and put him in the oven, after X amount of hours, it was time to eat and i was beaming, we went to carve our turkey and he still had a pulse, then we noticed something sticking out of one of his orifices, so my Ex reached into the opening of the turkey and pulled out this bag, he asked me didnt you take out the neck and the giblets!!!!! Im like the wha??? hell the bird doesnt have a head so why would i assume he still has a neck!!!! no one told me , that stuff was inside, and i was so busy trying to play house i didnt think to call anyone and ask, so thanksgiving was a bust and we wind up going over to his condescending a$$ mothers house for dinner, while she laughed at me.

:rofl: Don't sweat it Honey...we all have done that. :whistle::whistle:

:angry: Lita, that chicken sounds good, i cant wait to try it , though im with JG, i probably wont be inserting my hand into any cavities...

I remember when i was with my ex, we were young ...early 20's or so and i was all excited about our first thanksgiving. We were broke and young, well anyway my job passed out turkeys to all of the employees,as a gift. I was all excited i was planning on going home and just making the biggest fanciest dinner you had ever seen, long story short, i made the side dishes and seasoned up my bird and put him in the oven, after X amount of hours, it was time to eat and i was beaming, we went to carve our turkey and he still had a pulse, then we noticed something sticking out of one of his orifices, so my Ex reached into the opening of the turkey and pulled out this bag, he asked me didnt you take out the neck and the giblets!!!!! Im like the wha??? hell the bird doesnt have a head so why would i assume he still has a neck!!!! no one told me , that stuff was inside, and i was so busy trying to play house i didnt think to call anyone and ask, so thanksgiving was a bust and we wind up going over to his condescending a$$ mothers house for dinner, while she laughed at me.

:rofl: Don't sweat it Honey...we all have done that. :whistle::whistle:

And I use a spoon and tongs to scrape that stuff out of there.....

TL;

NOT ME! Grandmother always tell me make sure you wash out the bird back, belly and gut.

me too... I love cleaning the bird, but my mother will not do it.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Just an update,

I talked to my SO and his medical went well today. He only needed one vaccination. He told me the doc gave him a good checking out. He didn't like that part to much but lived thru it...

That's what we like to hear. Is he taking the medical or having them send it to Kingston?

ROC

Filed: Timeline
Trelawny, I am sorry for yours and Marcel's loss. Is the family going to have the funeral soon, because maybe the AOS will get put into the system soon, and you'll can get his AP.

Roxcie

Roxie/Mrs. Scott, it's not in the system as yet and I was told that they're behind processing NOA1s. At this point, we're not going to worry too much. His mom was so happy that he was leaving Jamaica to start a new life with a wonderful woman. She said noone ever tried to help her son to better himself. She just wanted the best for us. She also told us not to let family or friends change our relationship.

He thanks all of you for the prayers and the support.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
He goes back to pick it up on August 15th. I told him better this way then to have them send it and something happen to it.

Cool. Make sure he doesn't peep in it.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Timeline

Sunny.....You LOVE to clean the bird? Never heard anyone actually say that before.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I have to say this too cause it fits into the same vein of this post......I hate that people think we are weak and being used in our LDR's. They have no idea how strong we really must be to even survive the LDR at all.

That's the understatement of the century - There are a lot of people that I say nothing about my situation to - simply because I don't want to hear it. Out of my friends that are negative about it, I simply use the example of one of my best friends - long story short, she is South African, met her husband through an email that she addressed wrong - He replied to tell her that she had the wrong email, they got married 6 months later, have been married 10 years, have beautiful 19 month old twins, and are the happiest couple I have ever met in my life - While the friends that are negative date men who cheat, lie, etc... I simply ask them Who did it right? They shut right up, because there is no comeback.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I have to say this too cause it fits into the same vein of this post......I hate that people think we are weak and being used in our LDR's. They have no idea how strong we really must be to even survive the LDR at all.

That's the understatement of the century - There are a lot of people that I say nothing about my situation to - simply because I don't want to hear it. Out of my friends that are negative about it, I simply use the example of one of my best friends - long story short, she is South African, met her husband through an email that she addressed wrong - He replied to tell her that she had the wrong email, they got married 6 months later, have been married 10 years, have beautiful 19 month old twins, and are the happiest couple I have ever met in my life - While the friends that are negative date men who cheat, lie, etc... I simply ask them Who did it right? They shut right up, because there is no comeback.

I always say unless you have been there, STFU, cause I don't even want to hear you comment on something you know nothing about.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Trelawny, I am sorry for yours and Marcel's loss. Is the family going to have the funeral soon, because maybe the AOS will get put into the system soon, and you'll can get his AP.

Roxcie

Roxie/Mrs. Scott, it's not in the system as yet and I was told that they're behind processing NOA1s. At this point, we're not going to worry too much. His mom was so happy that he was leaving Jamaica to start a new life with a wonderful woman. She said noone ever tried to help her son to better himself. She just wanted the best for us. She also told us not to let family or friends change our relationship.

He thanks all of you for the prayers and the support.

If Marcel is unable to attend, they can always video tape the funeral. I am aware that that they do this in JA.

This can be one solution, I know it won't be the same as being there, but at least he can see the moment.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.