Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Ladies;

I had an INFOPass appt for tomorrow, but the lady (not the smart A$$ one) was kind enough to call me back and give me the information I needed and said not to bother to come in. Since I filed AOS on Friday 8/1 (of course nothing is in their system). They can't do anything until USCIS has our file in their system and only God knows how long that's going to take. Then'll they expedite the AP (travel document). She also said that if I had filed for a week or so ago it may have been in the system and I would have had the AP by Thursday. They can't do anything until AOS is in the system. USCIS will then note in their system that he has permission along with the AP to re-enter the U.S.

My only other option is to have him leave and file a petition for a family visa and ya'll know how long that would take.

Well the good thing it is JA, therefore the funeral won't be for at least a couple weeks or until Marcel can get there. From what she is saying it should be in the system within a week and then you can expedite the AP.

I wouldn't even consider letting him leave and working through this all over again....and it doesn't sound like his mother would have wanted that for him either.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ladies;

I had an INFOPass appt for tomorrow, but the lady (not the smart A$$ one) was kind enough to call me back and give me the information I needed and said not to bother to come in. Since I filed AOS on Friday 8/1 (of course nothing is in their system). They can't do anything until USCIS has our file in their system and only God knows how long that's going to take. Then'll they expedite the AP (travel document). She also said that if I had filed for a week or so ago it may have been in the system and I would have had the AP by Thursday. They can't do anything until AOS is in the system. USCIS will then note in their system that he has permission along with the AP to re-enter the U.S.

My only other option is to have him leave and file a petition for a family visa and ya'll know how long that would take.

Don't you dare do the latter. I know where you work....I will hunt you down and slap you for that.

Hang in there. You know funerals don't move that swiftly in JA. You have some time. It will not take long for them to get it in the system and you to move along then. In the meantime, stay on them in JA and get that death certificate.

Just got off the phone with one uncles. He's telling me the ME says the certificate should be ready by next Friday. So, I'm like that's not acceptable and how about a registry of death he was like they don't do that in Jamaica and I said, yes they do. I did it when my grandfather passed. :angry: Marcel told me not to take anymore calls from Jamaica to let them sort it out or they're going to drive us insane.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:angry: Lita, that chicken sounds good, i cant wait to try it , though im with JG, i probably wont be inserting my hand into any cavities...

I remember when i was with my ex, we were young ...early 20's or so and i was all excited about our first thanksgiving. We were broke and young, well anyway my job passed out turkeys to all of the employees,as a gift. I was all excited i was planning on going home and just making the biggest fanciest dinner you had ever seen, long story short, i made the side dishes and seasoned up my bird and put him in the oven, after X amount of hours, it was time to eat and i was beaming, we went to carve our turkey and he still had a pulse, then we noticed something sticking out of one of his orifices, so my Ex reached into the opening of the turkey and pulled out this bag, he asked me didnt you take out the neck and the giblets!!!!! Im like the wha??? hell the bird doesnt have a head so why would i assume he still has a neck!!!! no one told me , that stuff was inside, and i was so busy trying to play house i didnt think to call anyone and ask, so thanksgiving was a bust and we wind up going over to his condescending a$$ mothers house for dinner, while she laughed at me.

:rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
:angry: Lita, that chicken sounds good, i cant wait to try it , though im with JG, i probably wont be inserting my hand into any cavities...

I remember when i was with my ex, we were young ...early 20's or so and i was all excited about our first thanksgiving. We were broke and young, well anyway my job passed out turkeys to all of the employees,as a gift. I was all excited i was planning on going home and just making the biggest fanciest dinner you had ever seen, long story short, i made the side dishes and seasoned up my bird and put him in the oven, after X amount of hours, it was time to eat and i was beaming, we went to carve our turkey and he still had a pulse, then we noticed something sticking out of one of his orifices, so my Ex reached into the opening of the turkey and pulled out this bag, he asked me didnt you take out the neck and the giblets!!!!! Im like the wha??? hell the bird doesnt have a head so why would i assume he still has a neck!!!! no one told me , that stuff was inside, and i was so busy trying to play house i didnt think to call anyone and ask, so thanksgiving was a bust and we wind up going over to his condescending a$$ mothers house for dinner, while she laughed at me.

:rofl: Don't sweat it Honey...we all have done that. :whistle::whistle:

And I use a spoon and tongs to scrape that stuff out of there.....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

I would always do that.....I'm telling you, I do not stick my hand up into anything. Dead or alive.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

TL;

NOT ME! Grandmother always tell me make sure you wash out the bird back, belly and gut.

tep aff a mi name

Hey Ladies;

Lawny,

Do you live in Maryland or DC? I recommend contacting your Congressmen (state & local).

Georgia Senator Isakson's office is awesome. His staff called and wrote me to follow-up. My question was "Why does it take forever to get a visa interview?" Since your AOS is already on file, I'm sure that you can receive assistance. If you are unsure of your representative, go to your state's Board of Elections website or check out this link-

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

Later,

Kelia

Trelawny, I am sorry for yours and Marcel's loss. Is the family going to have the funeral soon, because maybe the AOS will get put into the system soon, and you'll can get his AP.

Roxcie

Timeline
sus, sorry about the rough road w/ D, sometimes the hard times help ground me and I look back and smile, cuz it makes the fantasy of the LDR feel that much more REAL. Sometimes things can be going so well, its like "COULD this be all a dream or God forbid a lie??" Esp since u don't have to "BE" w/ that person everyday so sometimes a reality check is in order. The disagreement, or confusion or misunderstanding reaffirms that we are REAL and just like any old couple that have to deal w/ problems. But i know its still frustrating all the same so be blessed and encouraged..

Thanks for that - Unfortunately, this problem is his and I am kinda in limbo until I hear from him - It's not a problem between us, just a situation of his - That could become a big problem between us.

I know what you mean about the hard times grounding you - I had this conversation with a friend a while back, and she was wondering how it could be real when you are so far apart - She didn't get that we fight just like normal couples, but the difference is that we really and truly talk out our problems - with the physical distance, you can't just kiss and make up - I think it makes the relationship stronger in that issues are truly resolved and hashed out instead of swept aside.

u are sooo right.. talking is the ONLY means of intimacy at times. I know I probably could not have had this kind of relationship w/ my ex..he is not a good communicator.. However I think even DURING the relationship u grow to be better communicators than u already were (if it is to last anyway) u learn to say what u mean and mean what u say, cuz u don't have your facial expressions or body language to make things more clear. You learn your mate sooo much more too.. RG and I both can tell from each other's tones what kind of day we are having or if the other is tired or annoyed. and we may even be trying to hide it, but it seeps out and they catch it :yes:

Like u say a lil smile, kiss and the universal "heal all" :devil: is not an option so u have to find some sort of resolution b4 u are able to move forward. RG and I have "agreed to disagree" so many times cuz we WANT to keep talking on the phone and we don't want the disagreement to be the cause for any wasted minutes.. Now this doesnt mean lets move on to something else cuz I am tired of talking to u about it..no it means talking it out, recognizing the others point of view.Once finding out its not a winning battle but also not a deal breaker, then moving on.. I don't know if I am successfully describing the difference, but those of u that have it know there is a MAJOR difference . Its so refreshing to be w/ someone that can do this...

What I love best is that this continues to this day. We sit on the double rocker on our deck and chat the nights away. I love this most about our relationship. We don't always agree though.

I have to say this too cause it fits into the same vein of this post......I hate that people think we are weak and being used in our LDR's. They have no idea how strong we really must be to even survive the LDR at all.

that is sooo nice JG.. i think it should continue cuz now u have a whole new strategy towards the relationship.. Not knocking regular relationships, but LDR are like baby birds kicked out of the nest or something.. we have to learn how to fly and when we do learn, then the sky is the limit. Its not perfect i know but at least u have adapted the skills to keep your relationship strong when u don't have the crutch of BEING w/ each other all the time. i feel like Jawi today w/ all this chatting.. why am I all mushy today chat bout birds flying han tings??? ohh i did go to a wedding Sat, maybe dats why LOL

Timeline
Hey Ladies;

Lawny,

Do you live in Maryland or DC? I recommend contacting your Congressmen (state & local).

Georgia Senator Isakson's office is awesome. His staff called and wrote me to follow-up. My question was "Why does it take forever to get a visa interview?" Since your AOS is already on file, I'm sure that you can receive assistance. If you are unsure of your representative, go to your state's Board of Elections website or check out this link-

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

Later,

Kelia

The problem is it is not on file yet. She just mailed it on Friday.

In this case, I would not go over anyone's head yet. You are only going to get the same answer. Wait till it's in the system and then go from there. If it's a big hassle after it's in the system and no one can answer anything, then, yes, start contacting all those people.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Awwwww.....the baby bird comment tugged on my heart too. Never thought of it that way. Very nice.

Honey........aren't you supposed to be working?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG, i went and bought an accordion folder today with the months listed on the tabs in order to keep track of the paperwork, once i start getting packets together. I believe i remember reading either on this site or the other one that you said you organized all your stuff in a binder some kind of way, one day when you feel up to it, will you share that method, becuz i am as unorganized as they come, so i know im going to need some help. Anyone else have tried and true methods as to how they organized there stuff , is appreciated as well.

Timeline

at least u tried Honey.. I have never even attempted. after I tried fried chicken and it was still alive, i jus give up on cooking lol i have other skills!! :whistle: .. i told my friend and he laughed so hard he was like EVERYBODY can fry chicken..whatever!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.