Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone~

Hope you all had a good weekend....I think I sweated 5lbs off. Can it get any hotter? On Friday I went to see Boys II Men at a FREE outside concert and I think it was hotter at night then it was during the day. They were awesome though!

Tre you and Marcel are in my prayers, hope it all works out so he can go back down for the funeral. (F)

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Marlita if you remember her screen name, PM me it. I know this woman is on more then one site. Maybe it's the same person.

I doubt it is the same person - just another jaded soul.

Yeah, it's not....for any of you who know who I am referring to.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
:ot: Did you all hear Morgan Freeman got into a bad car accident last night, his car went airborne in Mississippi and they had to use the jaws of life to free him. I LOVE Morgan Freeman, he is an awesome actor, shoot Shawshank Redemption came out like 15 years ago, and i still remember the scene where when he got out of prison, he kept asking could he use the restroom at his job, and said he couldnt squeeze a drop of pee without asking permission from being in prison so long>>>>>>

I hope he comes thru it okay, the man is 71 years old.

he is the bomb.. his voice, his acting.. i was surprised to see him in both Wanted and then turn around and saw him in Dark Knight.. i was like GO HEAD MORGAN!!!

Timeline
Hey Everyone~

Hope you all had a good weekend....I think I sweated 5lbs off. Can it get any hotter? On Friday I went to see Boys II Men at a FREE outside concert and I think it was hotter at night then it was during the day. They were awesome though!

Tre you and Marcel are in my prayers, hope it all works out so he can go back down for the funeral. (F)

Where was that? Riverport?

No, it cannot get any hotter. When my car outside temp guage says 107, I don't even want to open the door. I was just out at lunch and it was like a sauna.

Well, kids, Andre just got pulled over by the cops on his way to work. He was freaking out. They said they ran our plates and they expired in November. That is plain wrong cause I know I paid for 2 year plates in November of 2007. Dammit.....always someting. Now I have to go look up that old paperwork. Luckily, they did not ticket him. I bet he peed his pants!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Hey Everyone~

No, it cannot get any hotter. When my car outside temp guage says 107, I don't even want to open the door. I was just out at lunch and it was like a sauna.

Well, kids, Andre just got pulled over by the cops on his way to work. He was freaking out. They said they ran our plates and they expired in November. That is plain wrong cause I know I paid for 2 year plates in November of 2007. Dammit.....always someting. Now I have to go look up that old paperwork. Luckily, they did not ticket him. I bet he peed his pants!

Leave my friend alone. That's how I felt when I got pulled over in Jamaica in June and all Marcel was doing was laughing.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Everyone~

Really?? i heard a glimpse of something on the radio about them coming here soon.. I wonder if its free too. prob not. Girl the heat down here is unbearable..i swear as soon as I walk out the door I can feel beads of sweat forming.. I am ready for FALL weather..

Timeline
sus, sorry about the rough road w/ D, sometimes the hard times help ground me and I look back and smile, cuz it makes the fantasy of the LDR feel that much more REAL. Sometimes things can be going so well, its like "COULD this be all a dream or God forbid a lie??" Esp since u don't have to "BE" w/ that person everyday so sometimes a reality check is in order. The disagreement, or confusion or misunderstanding reaffirms that we are REAL and just like any old couple that have to deal w/ problems. But i know its still frustrating all the same so be blessed and encouraged..

Thanks for that - Unfortunately, this problem is his and I am kinda in limbo until I hear from him - It's not a problem between us, just a situation of his - That could become a big problem between us.

I know what you mean about the hard times grounding you - I had this conversation with a friend a while back, and she was wondering how it could be real when you are so far apart - She didn't get that we fight just like normal couples, but the difference is that we really and truly talk out our problems - with the physical distance, you can't just kiss and make up - I think it makes the relationship stronger in that issues are truly resolved and hashed out instead of swept aside.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone~

Leave my friend alone. That's how I felt when I got pulled over in Jamaica in June and all Marcel was doing was laughing.

Well, it still amazes me that when you get pulled over in JA, you can just get out the car and reason with the police. LMAO Then you give them a few dollars and your on your way..... I told Ray that will be totally different when he comes to the states. I told him you don't get out when your pulled over by the police here, you actually get yaked out the car and thrown on the ground. :angry:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Hey Everyone~

Aww poor baby.. glad they didn' t ticket him.. that would have been such a hassle to clear.. Andre good di police nuh tief han corrupt.. ya can breathe easy now mon LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They sell Redstripe here at Albertsons, and Kroeger, and Food for Less. Its about $7 for a 6 pack. But its usually on sale. I just made a Red Stripe chicken this weekend in my crock pot. It was soooo good. I wish I could share it with you guys.

Quit being stingy and share your recipie.

:star:

haha, I was gonna wait til I got home, but I remember it:

1 whole chicken

1 spit lemon stuffed in the cavity

1 tablespoon olive oil

3-4 bay leaves

1 tablespoon oregano

1 whole onion largely chopped

4 garlic cloves, largely chopped

salt to taste

1 pint Red Stripe Beer

potatoes

carrots

I cooked this is a crockpot but it can be cooked in an oven, on stove or grilled too.

Place chicken in deep dish

Lather chicken with oil,

Stuff cavity with lemon

Sprinkle on oregano

throw in onions

throw in garlic

throw in bay leaves

salt as desired

pour enough beer in the pot, not on chicken, to almost emmerse chicken in beer, I use 2 bottles (12 oz each).

Mix all ingrediants in the pot

Let soak for at least 3 hours. (I let mine soak for a full day).

Place in oven and cover, turn on crock pot, or on stove or grill

Add potatoes and carrots to crockpot about 4 hours prior to finish.

Its great served with fresh steamed green beans and a ice cold Red Stripe beer!

Voila!! :dance:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

They sell Redstripe here at Albertsons, and Kroeger, and Food for Less. Its about $7 for a 6 pack. But its usually on sale. I just made a Red Stripe chicken this weekend in my crock pot. It was soooo good. I wish I could share it with you guys.

1 whole chicken

1 tablespoon olive oil

3-4 bay leaves

1 tablespoon oregano

salt to taste

1 pint Red Stripe Beer

potatoes

carrots

I cooked this is a crockpot but it can be cooked in an oven, on stove or grilled too.

Lather chicken with oil,

Stuff cavity with lemon

Sprinkle on oregano

throw in onions

throw in garlic

throw in bay leaves

salt as desired

pour enough beer in the pot, not on chicken, to almost emmerse chicken in beer, I use 2 bottles (12 oz each).

Mine is going to have to be lemon-less. I dont' stuff anything into any cavities!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone~

Well, it still amazes me that when you get pulled over in JA, you can just get out the car and reason with the police. LMAO Then you give them a few dollars and your on your way..... I told Ray that will be totally different when he comes to the states. I told him you don't get out when your pulled over by the police here, you actually get yaked out the car and thrown on the ground. :angry:

Aint that the truth. Sunny, you looking mighty tan in that Meez, haha, go girl, the JA sun get yuh? You look like me when I came back from JA this last time. I had such a nice tan all I could do was look at myself in the mirror, haha.

1 whole chicken

1 tablespoon olive oil

3-4 bay leaves

1 tablespoon oregano

salt to taste

1 pint Red Stripe Beer

potatoes

carrots

Lather chicken with oil,

Stuff cavity with lemon

Sprinkle on oregano

throw in onions

throw in garlic

throw in bay leaves

salt as desired

Mine is going to have to be lemon-less. I dont' stuff anything into any cavities!

Wooiee!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Marlita. I'm still holding on to my tan from June. Ray hates when I lay out. He alway's says Mich you don't know when enough is enough. Yuh git to dark. I just laugh at him.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone~

It was downtown at that Live of the Leevy thing that they do every summer. And let me tell you with how hot it was out that night, like 95 and VERY humid, they were in their suits dancing and moving around! They finally took off their jackets but still had long sleeve dress shirts on. There would be no way I could have danced in what they had on.

I would have loved to see the look on Andre's face. Glad they didn't give him a ticket ...last year I TRIED to use that as an excuse when I got pulled over, saying that I thought I bought the 2 year plates, damn LADUE cop still gave me a ticket. Guess that is why they have such a nice police station....

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Lawny make an infopass appointment and talk to someone face to face.

JG -- I have...and the smartA$$ woman is going to tell me..."they're just going to tell you the same thing"...so, I SAID to her, good, let them tell me that to my face and, I hope you know this conversation is being record :angry:

that burns me up how people feel they know everything. sometimes just go check to be sure instead of being a Smart A@##!! :angry:

Yup! The first lawyer I worked for was a hound about that. He didn't want the answer if you didn't go look it up for yourself. There has been times where I will point blank ask someone - can you look it up for me and not just guess??!! That's a big issue at USCIS I think. They get so scripted on things.

Wakey - how's Dwayne doing while you are at work today?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.