Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

Which is why I PM'd you to ignore her, Honey. That is the person I am talking about.....she's a hateful beast. Not worth one second of your time. If you stuck around, you would find she will eventually tire and move along for a while. And, then we have fun. I've met some of them. Really incredible people.

I used to have a woman that was sipping to hard on the haterade too. It wasnt ETJ, cause I dont go on there, but it was another popular site that spoke about Jamaica. I'm sure Sus, and Sonny know who I am talking about. This lady ws straight crazy. It bothered me at first and then I had to get hood with her and she backed off. most times people on these forums talk(write) to others in such a bold matter-of-fact type manner, that if they ever met in the streets....it would NOT go down like that.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
JG..i have seen the AJ crew take care of kids while i'm flying and let me tell u..they are in perfect hands..they will be just fine....

Thanks Kimmy. You have comforted me with those words.

These kids are so adorable. I will worry till they are home safe.

Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

What you lose you slipper at midnight and the carriage turns back into a pumpkin?????? :whistle:

Anyone going?

1st Annual Budweiser Reggae Summer Fest

RFK Stadium, Washington, DC

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 12:30 PM

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You guys drink Bud in DC?

I don't.... and the one restaurant that sold my fav red stripe "Chilis Restaurant" stopped selling it. I'm pissed.

Hey Sunny do you guys have Costco out there? I was shopping in there last week and was suprised to see that they were selling Red Stripe by the case :dance: It was like 18.99 for 24 bokkles :thumbs:

They sell Redstripe here at Albertsons, and Kroeger, and Food for Less. Its about $7 for a 6 pack. But its usually on sale. I just made a Red Stripe chicken this weekend in my crock pot. It was soooo good. I wish I could share it with you guys.

Timeline
Hey Guys,

I got some very sad news from Lawny today.

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

oh gosh!! So sorry to hear of this. Was it all of a sudden? Either way, prayers going out the the family for their strength and peace during this time. (F)

Thanks ladies for your continued prayers. Lita; she had a stroke back in April, but she was doing very well. She got up yesterday was happy and singing, my husband brother made her breakfast she ate, he went to put her clothes soak, came back to ask if she wanted anything to eat and he wasn't getting an answer and that was it. He wasn't gone for 5mins... his brother did everything he could to get her to start breathing again. I think I have a 7th sense...for some reason I knew as soon as he left Jamaica she was going to pass. She's not even 50 years old and they're so closed. The last thing she told me in June was to get her son out of here as soon as possible and that she wants the best for him and not to worry about her she'll be okay soon. She also told how much he loved me and that she wants us to love each other and have faith in God and in each other. We were at the water park with our family when we got the news. Something told me to pick up my husbands cell phone and as I was holding it in my hand it rang and he just dropped and I knew. He couldn't even speak. I had to call the person back to find out what happen. I think she had another stroke and this one was severe.

My bucket is so fully right now and I need help to carry it.

I'm so sorry to hear this...my heart goes out to you...you and Marcel can get through this together....

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

Which is why I PM'd you to ignore her, Honey. That is the person I am talking about.....she's a hateful beast. Not worth one second of your time. If you stuck around, you would find she will eventually tire and move along for a while. And, then we have fun. I've met some of them. Really incredible people.

I used to have a woman that was sipping to hard on the haterade too. It wasnt ETJ, cause I dont go on there, but it was another popular site that spoke about Jamaica. I'm sure Sus, and Sonny know who I am talking about. This lady ws straight crazy. It bothered me at first and then I had to get hood with her and she backed off. most times people on these forums talk(write) to others in such a bold matter-of-fact type manner, that if they ever met in the streets....it would NOT go down like that.

did u have to get "hood" lita LOL..girl u didn't break out the vaseline and tennis shoes did u?? :rofl:

Timeline

did u have to get "hood" lita LOL..girl u didn't break out the vaseline and tennis shoes did u?? :rofl:

oh yeah, I had to take my earrings of and everything!!

Here we go again.

Sleep Tight: JetBlue Now Charging $7 for Pillows :ranting:

ok, this is absolutely ridiculous! Are they letting you uy them or is it $7 to jus rent the germ ridden things? These are those little tiny pillows right?

Timeline

Marlita if you remember her screen name, PM me it. I know this woman is on more then one site. Maybe it's the same person.

JG..i have seen the AJ crew take care of kids while i'm flying and let me tell u..they are in perfect hands..they will be just fine....

Thanks Kimmy. You have comforted me with those words.

These kids are so adorable. I will worry till they are home safe.

Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

What you lose you slipper at midnight and the carriage turns back into a pumpkin?????? :whistle:

Anyone going?

1st Annual Budweiser Reggae Summer Fest

RFK Stadium, Washington, DC

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 12:30 PM

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You guys drink Bud in DC?

I don't.... and the one restaurant that sold my fav red stripe "Chilis Restaurant" stopped selling it. I'm pissed.

Hey Sunny do you guys have Costco out there? I was shopping in there last week and was suprised to see that they were selling Red Stripe by the case :dance: It was like 18.99 for 24 bokkles :thumbs:

They sell Redstripe here at Albertsons, and Kroeger, and Food for Less. Its about $7 for a 6 pack. But its usually on sale. I just made a Red Stripe chicken this weekend in my crock pot. It was soooo good. I wish I could share it with you guys.

Quit being stingy and share your recipie.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

oh yeah, I had to take my earrings of and everything!!

Here we go again.

ok, this is absolutely ridiculous! Are they letting you uy them or is it $7 to jus rent the germ ridden things? These are those little tiny pillows right?

They crazy girl.. how bout I bring a large towel and roll it up like a pillow.. I wish I would give $7!!!

Timeline
Here we go again.

Do you get to keep them? Otherwise, I don't trust them to wash them between uses.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I was just going to say offer up that recipe for the Red stripe chicken, i need all the help i can get....lol

As nasty as the airplane pillows are they ought to be giving us $7 dollars to use one... just nasty.... hell one time i was on a flight and freezing and didnt have a jacket so i asked for a blanket. Once the flight attendant brought it to me, my mind started working overtime just imagining all the life forms probably on the blanket already and couldnt bring myself to use the dyam thing...LOL...

Here we go again.

Do you get to keep them? Otherwise, I don't trust them to wash them between uses.

YES, you do get to keep them, its a pillow and blanket deal, with a 2.00 coupon for Bed and Bath.

Roxcie

Filed: Timeline
Here we go again.

JG - want to go half on the lay-a-away plan on my ROW BOAT?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:ot: Did you all hear Morgan Freeman got into a bad car accident last night, his car went airborne in Mississippi and they had to use the jaws of life to free him. I LOVE Morgan Freeman, he is an awesome actor, shoot Shawshank Redemption came out like 15 years ago, and i still remember the scene where when he got out of prison, he kept asking could he use the restroom at his job, and said he couldnt squeeze a drop of pee without asking permission from being in prison so long>>>>>>

I hope he comes thru it okay, the man is 71 years old.

Timeline
Here we go again.

JG - want to go half on the lay-a-away plan on my ROW BOAT?

Oh, Tre......ask me in another week. We are not answering any phone calls from JA right now.

:ot: Did you all hear Morgan Freeman got into a bad car accident last night, his car went airborne in Mississippi and they had to use the jaws of life to free him. I LOVE Morgan Freeman, he is an awesome actor, shoot Shawshank Redemption came out like 15 years ago, and i still remember the scene where when he got out of prison, he kept asking could he use the restroom at his job, and said he couldnt squeeze a drop of pee without asking permission from being in prison so long>>>>>>

I hope he comes thru it okay, the man is 71 years old.

He is an awesome actor. I'm feeling really bad for him now. I hope it wasn't a heart attack or something that caused it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.