Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My Aunt Died yesterday morning. Great Aunt, I should say. My Grandmother, who died a year ago, her last remaining sister. I think she turned 90 last Tuesday. Family drama involving a funeral. Since my aunt and uncle won't come back from their vacation time share early, we have to wait till Saturday to accomodate them. God, I hate drama at a time like this.

What scares me is this now makes my father the oldest in the family. Not liking that thought one bit.

Wow! Funerals really bring out the nasty side of folks. I truly hope that your relatives will PEACEFULLY return home for the funeral. The drama is so unnecessary. Why can't they all just get along?

She died yesterday. The funeral is not until this Saturday cause my aunt and uncle cannot leave their timeshare vacation to drive home for it. It's a huge drama which I'm sure no one will ever forget. UGH! :angry:

I forgot to mention, my husband took her passing really hard. She was this spitfire of a little old woman and she loved Andre and vice versa. They were always on a couch chatting at family gatherings. At my grandmother's (her sister's) funeral last year and we proceeded past the casket, she literally ran to him in the hall and he comforted her. I'll never forget the day she asked me if Andre had a brother..........then a grandfather.....still alive for her. He was crying yesterday at the news. I'm sure the funeral will be particularly hard on him.

Sorry to hear of your lose JG. My prayers are with you.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I don't agree here......not to knock what Sus said or what you said, Sunny. I think we need to thank each other over and over and over again. I think the world needs to remember to thank people more often. There are days I would not survive without the friendship and support on here. There are not words to express how thankful I feel for each and every one on you on here.

I agree completely, JG - Honestly, you all have been my lifeline - way more so than my friends in real life have been - I have only talked to two of them about what is going on - One is supportive, the other judgmental beyond belief.

Everyone on here is my sanity, and just thanking you all isn't enough - Your words mean more to me than you can realize.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
I don't agree here......not to knock what Sus said or what you said, Sunny. I think we need to thank each other over and over and over again. I think the world needs to remember to thank people more often. There are days I would not survive without the friendship and support on here. There are not words to express how thankful I feel for each and every one on you on here.

I agree completely, JG - Honestly, you all have been my lifeline - way more so than my friends in real life have been - I have only talked to two of them about what is going on - One is supportive, the other judgmental beyond belief.

Everyone on here is my sanity, and just thanking you all isn't enough - Your words mean more to me than you can realize.

I must agree. I've about add it with NVC, InfoPASS and DOS :crying: They're all giving me different information. Now, DOS is telling me to file an I-130 and and I-131 AP then ask for an expidete, which may not be guaranteed...I was like what about the AOS I just mailed...her reply, what about it? I asked will I have to file another fee with the separate AP...she said YES :angry:

NVC; is saying be care with the AP, because he may have problems with rentry (#######) is that suppose to mean.

I'm falling...PLEASE CATCH me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hi all -

I have been lurking but not posting much, and probably am going to go back to my lurker ways for a bit - I had sinus surgery last week, so I have been recouping - And DJ and I are having some issues = Nothing to do with cheating or anything, just stupidity on his part - Since this is a public board, I don't want to post it out here in the open but thank Islandwoman and Sunny for your support, you two have been part of my sanity in the past few days and helped me push the negative thoughts back!

I just wanted to say congrats to Wakey, I am so happy to hear that Dwayne is here with you and that things are going well.

Lawny and Marcel, my condolences - I hope that you manage to get AP sorted out - my prayers are with you guys.

Honestly, you don't have to thank me. I'm there to support anyone who needs it. I hope things get back to normal real soon.

Me too, Sus. We are all in this together Girl. You certainly give alot to us, it's nice we can give back to you. ;)

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Lawny make an infopass appointment and talk to someone face to face.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi all -

I have been lurking but not posting much, and probably am going to go back to my lurker ways for a bit - I had sinus surgery last week, so I have been recouping - And DJ and I are having some issues = Nothing to do with cheating or anything, just stupidity on his part - Since this is a public board, I don't want to post it out here in the open but thank Islandwoman and Sunny for your support, you two have been part of my sanity in the past few days and helped me push the negative thoughts back!

I just wanted to say congrats to Wakey, I am so happy to hear that Dwayne is here with you and that things are going well.

Lawny and Marcel, my condolences - I hope that you manage to get AP sorted out - my prayers are with you guys.

Honestly, you don't have to thank me. I'm there to support anyone who needs it. I hope things get back to normal real soon.

I agree JG, but you're making me :crying: at work!!

Timeline

I must agree. I've about add it with NVC, InfoPASS and DOS :crying: They're all giving me different information. Now, DOS is telling me to file an I-130 and and I-131 AP then ask for an expidete, which may not be guaranteed...I was like what about the AOS I just mailed...her reply, what about it? I asked will I have to file another fee with the separate AP...she said YES :angry:

NVC; is saying be care with the AP, because he may have problems with rentry (#######) is that suppose to mean.

I'm falling...PLEASE CATCH me.

Really!! Isn't that what AP is all about - re-entry??!!!

I agree - hound them until to get an infopass appointment, then keeping working till you speak with a supervisor who MAY know what the hell is going on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning, just wanted to say a quick hello

lawny, again my prayers are with you, dont allow this situation to become overwhelming too you, remember you have the support of your VJ sisters.

Sus, i was wondering where you had been.I hope that your feeling better in due time. I myself had a little meltdown on D this weekend, but it's all good.

JG, my condolences to you and your family as well.

LovelyJodie, your the one who just had the baby correct?? I hope that your feeling better than you did last week.

ALso hello, to TY, Dillon, and Island...all right you all have a good day. Gotta get working....

Peace

Honey

Timeline
Hi all -

I agree JG, but you're making me :crying: at work!!

Tears of joy are always a good thing.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

JG -- I have...and the smartA$$ woman is going to tell me..."they're just going to tell you the same thing"...so, I SAID to her, good, let them tell me that to my face and, I hope you know this conversation is being record :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG -- I have...and the smartA$$ woman is going to tell me..."they're just going to tell you the same thing"...so, I SAID to her, good, let them tell me that to my face and, I hope you know this conversation is being record :angry:

that burns me up how people feel they know everything. sometimes just go check to be sure instead of being a Smart A@##!! :angry:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Good morning all, just catching up from the weekend..

Kimmy and Brown, glad the semester is over and big ups on your accomplishments

sus, sorry about the rough road w/ D, sometimes the hard times help ground me and I look back and smile, cuz it makes the fantasy of the LDR feel that much more REAL. Sometimes things can be going so well, its like "COULD this be all a dream or God forbid a lie??" Esp since u don't have to "BE" w/ that person everyday so sometimes a reality check is in order. The disagreement, or confusion or misunderstanding reaffirms that we are REAL and just like any old couple that have to deal w/ problems. But i know its still frustrating all the same so be blessed and encouraged..

JG and Tre, I pray that God give u and your family GUIDANCE and PEACE with your losses and WISDOM on how to tackle the issues that come along w/ it...so sorry

Timeline
Good morning all, just catching up from the weekend..

Kimmy and Brown, glad the semester is over and big ups on your accomplishments

sus, sorry about the rough road w/ D, sometimes the hard times help ground me and I look back and smile, cuz it makes the fantasy of the LDR feel that much more REAL. Sometimes things can be going so well, its like "COULD this be all a dream or God forbid a lie??" Esp since u don't have to "BE" w/ that person everyday so sometimes a reality check is in order. The disagreement, or confusion or misunderstanding reaffirms that we are REAL and just like any old couple that have to deal w/ problems. But i know its still frustrating all the same so be blessed and encouraged..

JG and Tre, I pray that God give u and your family GUIDANCE and PEACE with your losses and WISDOM on how to tackle the issues that come along w/ it...so sorry

DHQ, I never thought of it that way - a realty check, that's good! Thanks. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.