Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all -

I have been lurking but not posting much, and probably am going to go back to my lurker ways for a bit - I had sinus surgery last week, so I have been recouping - And DJ and I are having some issues = Nothing to do with cheating or anything, just stupidity on his part - Since this is a public board, I don't want to post it out here in the open but thank Islandwoman and Sunny for your support, you two have been part of my sanity in the past few days and helped me push the negative thoughts back!

I just wanted to say congrats to Wakey, I am so happy to hear that Dwayne is here with you and that things are going well.

Lawny and Marcel, my condolences - I hope that you manage to get AP sorted out - my prayers are with you guys.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Lawny,

You and Marcel have my condolences.

Roxcie, i swear subsaharan always seems to have some drama going on. I started at the post you listed, but opted not to go back to the first page,and start from the beginning....seems to me they are always heated over there...lol

Some of them are very outspoken. But, their words are things that I think people of that region, and all of us for that matter, can learn things from. You may think, that will never happen to me. But, it does happen every day.

I think sometimes it hits really close to home cause their SO's are from that region and they don't want to believe anything by good things out of there. I get it. But, I think information is power. If it helps one person, it was worth it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..i have seen the AJ crew take care of kids while i'm flying and let me tell u..they are in perfect hands..they will be just fine....

Thanks Kimmy. You have comforted me with those words.

These kids are so adorable. I will worry till they are home safe.

Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

What you lose you slipper at midnight and the carriage turns back into a pumpkin?????? :whistle:

Anyone going?

1st Annual Budweiser Reggae Summer Fest

RFK Stadium, Washington, DC

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 12:30 PM

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You guys drink Bud in DC?

I don't.... and the one restaurant that sold my fav red stripe "Chilis Restaurant" stopped selling it. I'm pissed.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Asante Maroon, I saw your post on the other site, Thumbs up to your comments. :thumbs:

Be Bless

Roxcie

Thanks Roxcie. I appreciate it :)

I couldn't have said it better, your post needs to be added a code of coduct compliance piece to the VJ thread. Some of the postings I have read on other sites makes me wonder who died and made them GOD.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Everybody has their opinions and that is fine. We are all not going to agree on everything, but it seems as if when people have a differing view from others people really take it to another level. Sometimes the war'in you see has nothing to do with the topic but some personal beef that people have from some other thread wayyyy back in the day.

When people ask for help and they clearly tell you they don't want to discuss a particular aspect of that situation, you have to respect.

On the other hand its like you can't even express your views with out being attacked on some next ting.

There are so many people who have either stayed away from VJ or just lurks around and don't comment due to potential drama. It's messed up...but hey it reflects the world we live in today :wacko:

I agree it was very nice after reading most of the other posts in that thread.

Thank you :)

Amen, AM. I get beat to ####### on another site cause a person or two on there hate me for some unknown reason. The attacks are never about the topics. I used to fight it. Now I just ignore her/them. I'll not let the ugliness of a few people deter me from talking to my friends.

It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

Which is why I PM'd you to ignore her, Honey. That is the person I am talking about.....she's a hateful beast. Not worth one second of your time. If you stuck around, you would find she will eventually tire and move along for a while. And, then we have fun. I've met some of them. Really incredible people.

It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

:rofl:

You are so right though. I think that people forget the true purpose of being here and a part of me feel that some use and create the drama to escape the true realities of their own life... that may not be so pleasant.

Some people are just jealous of your happiness. Too bad for them.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG..i have seen the AJ crew take care of kids while i'm flying and let me tell u..they are in perfect hands..they will be just fine....

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

What you lose you slipper at midnight and the carriage turns back into a pumpkin?????? :whistle:

Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

I don't.... and the one restaurant that sold my fav red stripe "Chilis Restaurant" stopped selling it. I'm pissed.

Hey Sunny do you guys have Costco out there? I was shopping in there last week and was suprised to see that they were selling Red Stripe by the case :dance: It was like 18.99 for 24 bokkles :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Thanks ladies for your continued prayers. Lita; she had a stroke back in April, but she was doing very well. She got up yesterday was happy and singing, my husband brother made her breakfast she ate, he went to put her clothes soak, came back to ask if she wanted anything to eat and he wasn't getting an answer and that was it. He wasn't gone for 5mins... his brother did everything he could to get her to start breathing again. I think I have a 7th sense...for some reason I knew as soon as he left Jamaica she was going to pass. She's not even 50 years old and they're so closed. The last thing she told me in June was to get her son out of here as soon as possible and that she wants the best for him and not to worry about her she'll be okay soon. She also told how much he loved me and that she wants us to love each other and have faith in God and in each other. We were at the water park with our family when we got the news. Something told me to pick up my husbands cell phone and as I was holding it in my hand it rang and he just dropped and I knew. He couldn't even speak. I had to call the person back to find out what happen. I think she had another stroke and this one was severe.

My bucket is so fully right now and I need help to carry it.

Oh, girl. I'm so sorry. Please give Marcel a hug for me.

Pass a handle to me. I'll help you.

It sounds like she didn't suffer in the end. That is always a blessing.

Hi all -

I have been lurking but not posting much, and probably am going to go back to my lurker ways for a bit - I had sinus surgery last week, so I have been recouping - And DJ and I are having some issues = Nothing to do with cheating or anything, just stupidity on his part - Since this is a public board, I don't want to post it out here in the open but thank Islandwoman and Sunny for your support, you two have been part of my sanity in the past few days and helped me push the negative thoughts back!

I just wanted to say congrats to Wakey, I am so happy to hear that Dwayne is here with you and that things are going well.

Lawny and Marcel, my condolences - I hope that you manage to get AP sorted out - my prayers are with you guys.

I'm sorry, Sus.

I hope you guys work them out.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Roxcie

Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

We do in St. Louis, M. We are their world headquarters. Thus, Busch Stadium.

When I travel to other parts of the country, they usually don't. That's why I asked.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

My Aunt Died yesterday morning. Great Aunt, I should say. My Grandmother, who died a year ago, her last remaining sister. I think she turned 90 last Tuesday. Family drama involving a funeral. Since my aunt and uncle won't come back from their vacation time share early, we have to wait till Saturday to accomodate them. God, I hate drama at a time like this.

What scares me is this now makes my father the oldest in the family. Not liking that thought one bit.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
My Aunt Died yesterday morning. Great Aunt, I should say. My Grandmother, who died a year ago, her last remaining sister. I think she turned 90 last Tuesday. Family drama involving a funeral. Since my aunt and uncle won't come back from their vacation time share early, we have to wait till Saturday to accomodate them. God, I hate drama at a time like this.

What scares me is this now makes my father the oldest in the family. Not liking that thought one bit.

Wow! Funerals really bring out the nasty side of folks. I truly hope that your relatives will PEACEFULLY return home for the funeral. The drama is so unnecessary. Why can't they all just get along?

Timeline

Roxcie

Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

Hey Sunny do you guys have Costco out there? I was shopping in there last week and was suprised to see that they were selling Red Stripe by the case :dance: It was like 18.99 for 24 bokkles :thumbs:

yes Sonny, and that's where I get it from. lol I love Costco.

ROC

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your great aunt JG. I hope the family comes together afterall at least enough to lay your great aunt to rest peacefully. (F)

ROC

Timeline

Wow! Funerals really bring out the nasty side of folks. I truly hope that your relatives will PEACEFULLY return home for the funeral. The drama is so unnecessary. Why can't they all just get along?

She died yesterday. The funeral is not until this Saturday cause my aunt and uncle cannot leave their timeshare vacation to drive home for it. It's a huge drama which I'm sure no one will ever forget. UGH! :angry:

I forgot to mention, my husband took her passing really hard. She was this spitfire of a little old woman and she loved Andre and vice versa. They were always on a couch chatting at family gatherings. At my grandmother's (her sister's) funeral last year and we proceeded past the casket, she literally ran to him in the hall and he comforted her. I'll never forget the day she asked me if Andre had a brother..........then a grandfather.....still alive for her. He was crying yesterday at the news. I'm sure the funeral will be particularly hard on him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi all -

Honestly, you don't have to thank me. I'm there to support anyone who needs it. I hope things get back to normal real soon.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Timeline
Hi all -

Honestly, you don't have to thank me. I'm there to support anyone who needs it. I hope things get back to normal real soon.

I don't agree here......not to knock what Sus said or what you said, Sunny. I think we need to thank each other over and over and over again. I think the world needs to remember to thank people more often. There are days I would not survive without the friendship and support on here. There are not words to express how thankful I feel for each and every one on you on here.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi all -

I don't agree here......not to knock what Sus said or what you said, Sunny. I think we need to thank each other over and over and over again. I think the world needs to remember to thank people more often. There are days I would not survive without the friendship and support on here. There are not words to express how thankful I feel for each and every one on you on here.

JG, I don't feel like your knocking what I said at all. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I personally don't need the thanks, but I appreciated it very much. :thumbs: You would be surprised how many of my friends have needed my support in the last few weeks. I'm just happy to be able to be there for them.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.