Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
It is kind of like that over on ETJ( everyting jamaican)... i initially visited the site because i wanted to learn things, but the longer i hung around, the more negativity i started to pick up on. Sometimes it is cool, but it seems it is alot of people who constantly downplay LDR's, comment on how stupid people are for getting in LDR's with JA's, it is endless. You really dont want to post, as someone always has something to say, from what i have seen. I would think the purpose of VJ would be to enlighten, provide info to those in need and to form bonds and friendships with others who have shared your experiences. Being in a LDR is a difficult thing and often scary, filled with uncertainty and numerous emotions. Sometimes it seems as if one person has had a negative experience, they make that the catalyst for every person of that particular culture. Sometimes they need to vent, other times they are confused, but often times they dont get the support they need, instead they get a million and one people sharing there " how i got screwed over stories" which in turn can plant those miniscule seeds of doubt in one's mind. I must say that i have not picked up that vibe in the yardie thread at all, everyone seems very concerned and supportive and help to make this process a little more tolerable, because you know your yardie sistren will have an answer for you. Hence the reason im on here day and night, plus the fact that i have no life....LOL..( just kidding)

:rofl:

You are so right though. I think that people forget the true purpose of being here and a part of me feel that some use and create the drama to escape the true realities of their own life... that may not be so pleasant.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi cyaan sleep and dere's noone here fi chat...wha mi ago do? :wacko::wacko: I'm sitting here trying 2 decide on what 2 do for our 1st anniversary. I talked to my husband 2day and he doesn't care what we do as long as it doesn't involve us being bothered by friends and family. Although I'm not all that crazy about Mobay I was thinking of just hiding out there for a few days. I was looking at some of the hotels there. Any suggestions? I was considering El Greco, but I don't know anything about it. The only other place we've stayed in is Toby's, but we can't cook there, and I'm looking for a place that less touristy where we can cook...God willing we will be spending our next annivesary stateside

I dont like Mobay much either, at least I dont like that little strip of hotels there near the airport. But if you start going north east toward Ochi all those hotels are really nice. There kinda expensive but this is off season and you can get some good deals. There's RIU Mobay that is opening up in late August and they are having a $99 a night deal. Also theres Ritz Carlton, Half-Moon, those of course are beautuful. Our anniversary is this month and unfortunately cause of this wack visa process and no word of an interview we will spend it alone and apart.

I've stayed at Coyaba many times and it's really nice --small, only about 50 rooms or so and very attentive. A good little hideaway -- they have there own small beach and two restaurants. I love that place. No cooking though. Have you tried a private condo. I found via Craigslist that was near White House although I didn't end up staying there it looked really nice and the owner gave me several references to call. I'll see if I can dig up his info and I'll PM you with it if I find it.

Timeline

Lawny --

My heart goes out to you and Marcel. I lost my father in 2004 and it was the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure. I pray that God will find a way for Marcel to go home to pay his last respects to his mother and be there for your family in this sad time. I pray that if it's not in God's will for this to happen that he grant you and Marcel the strength to get through this.

God bless (F)

Timeline
Hey Guys,

I got some very sad news from Lawny today.

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

oh gosh!! So sorry to hear of this. Was it all of a sudden? Either way, prayers going out the the family for their strength and peace during this time. (F)

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Guys,

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

oh gosh!! So sorry to hear of this. Was it all of a sudden? Either way, prayers going out the the family for their strength and peace during this time. (F)

Thanks ladies for your continued prayers. Lita; she had a stroke back in April, but she was doing very well. She got up yesterday was happy and singing, my husband brother made her breakfast she ate, he went to put her clothes soak, came back to ask if she wanted anything to eat and he wasn't getting an answer and that was it. He wasn't gone for 5mins... his brother did everything he could to get her to start breathing again. I think I have a 7th sense...for some reason I knew as soon as he left Jamaica she was going to pass. She's not even 50 years old and they're so closed. The last thing she told me in June was to get her son out of here as soon as possible and that she wants the best for him and not to worry about her she'll be okay soon. She also told how much he loved me and that she wants us to love each other and have faith in God and in each other. We were at the water park with our family when we got the news. Something told me to pick up my husbands cell phone and as I was holding it in my hand it rang and he just dropped and I knew. He couldn't even speak. I had to call the person back to find out what happen. I think she had another stroke and this one was severe.

My bucket is so fully right now and I need help to carry it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys,

Blessed love,

Gill

Thanks ladies for your continued prayers. Lita; she had a stroke back in April, but she was doing very well. She got up yesterday was happy and singing, my husband brother made her breakfast she ate, he went to put her clothes soak, came back to ask if she wanted anything to eat and he wasn't getting an answer and that was it. He wasn't gone for 5mins... his brother did everything he could to get her to start breathing again. I think I have a 7th sense...for some reason I knew as soon as he left Jamaica she was going to pass. She's not even 50 years old and they're so closed. The last thing she told me in June was to get her son out of here as soon as possible and that she wants the best for him and not to worry about her she'll be okay soon. She also told how much he loved me and that she wants us to love each other and have faith in God and in each other. We were at the water park with our family when we got the news. Something told me to pick up my husbands cell phone and as I was holding it in my hand it rang and he just dropped and I knew. He couldn't even speak. I had to call the person back to find out what happen. I think she had another stroke and this one was severe.

Lawny and Marcel my thoughts and prayers go out to you in your time of need.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Lawny, I am truly at a lost for words right now. I pray that Marcel can get emergency AP so that you two can go home. My heart really really goes out to you both.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
JG..i have seen the AJ crew take care of kids while i'm flying and let me tell u..they are in perfect hands..they will be just fine....

Thanks Kimmy. You have comforted me with those words.

These kids are so adorable. I will worry till they are home safe.

Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

What you lose you slipper at midnight and the carriage turns back into a pumpkin?????? :whistle:

Anyone going?

1st Annual Budweiser Reggae Summer Fest

RFK Stadium, Washington, DC

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 12:30 PM

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You guys drink Bud in DC?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
now i know why i pray...last week missa jengs came home and waved a WHITE ipod charger inna face, all happy cause now he don't have to charge it via the computer anymore...three days ago i'm trying to connect to the internet but couldn't because the WHITE charger was plugged into the strip and i guess missa jengs unplugged the modem..the day after that here him, he can't find the ipod charger so i say isn't it the white charger by the computer desk my man says no, mind is him buy it so I decide to roll with it and i say ok, about an hour ago my man starts looking for something and he's not telling what he's looking for, he's pulling out drawers all that but just being a pain, so finally mi couldn't tek it no more and ask him what he's looking for...the ipod charger and how it's black and he can't find it. i showed him the charger and at first my man actually said to me it's not that. I had to show him the part that plugs into the ipod all he could say was i thought it was black.

and the sad part is he don't even smoke...

Ha.............Men! How would they survive without us??????

Weh heverybody tideh :unsure::unsure:

Am I the only one working??

Welcome to VJ Mrsladyd :thumbs:

Nope. I had to work Saturday and Sunday. That's why I was gone. My non-computer job.

island..dat would b a good excuse..but mi no tink blk and white blindness happen when yuh color blind..i think green goes 1st :lol:

Hehehe....Missa Jengs has special color blindness :rofl: Yeah, my son is color blind has trouble with blue/purple, red/orange/pink and browns. Poor kid used to have to read the crayons in school when they had to do the color by # so as not to get in trouble.

My ex-husband is color blind. I once painted the bedroom pink and told him it was a cream color.

SUMMER CLASSES ARE OVER..AND I GOT OUT B+ IN BOTH...YIPPEEE...GOD BLESS CAUSE MI NEVA PUT MUCH IN THIS SUMMER AT ALL....I GET A BREAK FOR THE FALL :dance::dance:

NOW I ONLY AWAIT THE BIRTH OF MI PICKNEY :) GODS WILLING :dance:

WEH EVERYBODY DEH....GUESS MI WI CHAT TO MISELF

That's great, Kimmy. We are very proud of you! :dance:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hi, I was just passing through and wanted to say hello. I am one of the founding ppl on this forum and really have not been on for a very long time. Wish you all the very best and speedy processing!

Then, it is you I should be thanking for helping all those after you. We do appreciate you! :thumbs:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Guys,

Blessed love,

Gill

Marcel & Lawny, my condolences to you both. (F) I'm so sorry this pain has fallen on you at a time you should be joyful. You both, as well as Marcel's family are in my prayers.

(L) Tanya

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hey Guys,

Blessed love,

Gill

Gilly, tell her to make an infopass appointment and ask. Since it's JA and the funeral will probably not be for a while, AP might just come through for them if they exedite.

Mi cyaan sleep and dere's noone here fi chat...wha mi ago do? :wacko::wacko: I'm sitting here trying 2 decide on what 2 do for our 1st anniversary. I talked to my husband 2day and he doesn't care what we do as long as it doesn't involve us being bothered by friends and family. Although I'm not all that crazy about Mobay I was thinking of just hiding out there for a few days. I was looking at some of the hotels there. Any suggestions? I was considering El Greco, but I don't know anything about it. The only other place we've stayed in is Toby's, but we can't cook there, and I'm looking for a place that less touristy where we can cook...God willing we will be spending our next annivesary stateside

My husband and I have stayed at El Greco many times. It is not upscale, but all rooms have kitchens. The hotel is adjacent to a tunnel that connects to the Hip Strip. All guests get free breakfast (Jamaican or American) as well as passes to Doctor's Cave Beach. If you decide to stay there, have your husband make the reservation in his name. As long as he has Jamaican ID, the hotel will give him a local rate. Otherwise, tourists are charged more. El Greco also has a small pool if you don't feel like leaving the compound. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mrs. Scott...if he reserves the hotel in his name, does he have to have the money upfront? He doesn't have a credit card to hold it. Also, is there a grocery store nearby? I've been into the actual town only once, so I'm not sure how far away grocery shopping is. Thanks for your help.

Plenty of place to get food in town. It's not far. We've walked it before. Long walk. Short taxi ride.

So so so sorry to hear this!!!!

Unfortunately, the answer is no, unless she had already filed the AOS papers.

The ONLY possible way I could see it happening is if she found someone who would let her hand file the AOS papers and then expedite....

Cannot see it happening any other way :(

Hey Guys,

Blessed love,

Gill

She mailed them in already. Or at least I think she did.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Honeychild, if you are bored, go to this VJ site http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...5&start=165 and read what is happen there. This girl is right on the money. She just wrote a piece that is awsome. Read and come back and tell me what you think. Okay

Roxcie

I once mentioned a scam that I felt Andre's friends were trying to involve us in. Two actually. A girl in the Sub-Saharan forum contacted me and directed me to her very private web site where they discuss Nigerian scams. Now keep in mind, this girl's SO is Nigerian, so she has done extensive research. She now works for some gov't agencies to catch crooks through this website. Anyhow, what I read on there was frightening. The number of people who get caught up in these scams is incredible. The stories they tell make you so mad that someone would do this to another, especially someone they say they love. Ironically, the scams I thought these JA guys were trying to get Andre to partake of.....we are not the first nor the last who would've been taken by those scams. It made me so mad.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.