Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengs u too terrible...dat is one thing we Island ppl can get away with...and dat is mixing and matching all sort of colors...heehehhe

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

My prayers and condolences go out to Lawny, Marcel, and their family during these difficult times. (F)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Mi cyaan sleep and dere's noone here fi chat...wha mi ago do? :wacko::wacko: I'm sitting here trying 2 decide on what 2 do for our 1st anniversary. I talked to my husband 2day and he doesn't care what we do as long as it doesn't involve us being bothered by friends and family. Although I'm not all that crazy about Mobay I was thinking of just hiding out there for a few days. I was looking at some of the hotels there. Any suggestions? I was considering El Greco, but I don't know anything about it. The only other place we've stayed in is Toby's, but we can't cook there, and I'm looking for a place that less touristy where we can cook...God willing we will be spending our next annivesary stateside

My husband and I have stayed at El Greco many times. It is not upscale, but all rooms have kitchens. The hotel is adjacent to a tunnel that connects to the Hip Strip. All guests get free breakfast (Jamaican or American) as well as passes to Doctor's Cave Beach. If you decide to stay there, have your husband make the reservation in his name. As long as he has Jamaican ID, the hotel will give him a local rate. Otherwise, tourists are charged more. El Greco also has a small pool if you don't feel like leaving the compound. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mrs. Scott...if he reserves the hotel in his name, does he have to have the money upfront? He doesn't have a credit card to hold it. Also, is there a grocery store nearby? I've been into the actual town only once, so I'm not sure how far away grocery shopping is. Thanks for your help.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

This is for ALL of the strong woman on this site who stayed strong through all of the negativity that others expressed when you told them you were loving and being loved by a Jamaican man. :P(L)(L)

Raheem Devaughn - Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsuv_u_ayFs

Be Blessed

Roxcie

So so so sorry to hear this!!!!

Unfortunately, the answer is no, unless she had already filed the AOS papers.

The ONLY possible way I could see it happening is if she found someone who would let her hand file the AOS papers and then expedite....

Cannot see it happening any other way :(

Hey Guys,

I got some very sad news from Lawny today.

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Novelette and Marcel,

My condolences to you and your family. Your family will be in my prayers tonight. I am at a loss of words right now. Take care of each other.

Wanda

USCIS CR1 PROCESS

07.12.07: Mail I-130 to CSC

07.24.07: NOA1

12.06.07: NOA2

NVC

01.04.08: NVC Assigns Case#

AOS Bill Received

IV Bill Received

Mailed out I-864 and DS230 (IV app) packets

04.09.08: NVC received IV Bill & DS230 packets

04.18.08: Case Complete

10.09.08: Medical Exam

10.24.08 : Interview

WE GOT APPROVED ... WE GOT APPROVE...THANKS AND PRAISES.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"Nov and Marcel"

Thinking of You Guy's during this Difficult Time........ (L)

The Lord knows what it is like to grieve,

He shares in your sorrow and keeps you

close to him. As your hearts are aching,

may he hold you close to him

and comfort you. (F)

Your VJ Family loves you both

and will be praying that you feel

gods peace all around you. (F)

Sunny (F)(L)

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My condolences to lawny and her hubby. Such sad news, I hope there can be a solution so that he does get to travel. My prayers are with you. (F)

So sorry Lawny.....send my condolences to Marcel. How tragic, and he JUST got here?! I'll be thinking of you two....Take Care and PM me if u wanna talk this week.

Nish (F)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
This is for ALL of the strong woman on this site who stayed strong through all of the negativity that others expressed when you told them you were loving and being loved by a Jamaican man. :P(L)(L)

Raheem Devaughn - Woman

Be Blessed

Roxcie

I love that video Roxcie..... And he's from DC to! :yes:

ROC

Filed: Other Timeline
My condolences to lawny and her hubby. Such sad news, I hope there can be a solution so that he does get to travel. My prayers are with you. (F)

Yes, sorry to hear such sad news. My husbands' grandmother passed soon after his arrival. His inability to attend just hurt his heart, she was like a mother to him. Like someone mentioned take care of each other. (F)

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
Im bored..... :dead:

You should have saved some braids to take out today. LMAO :rofl:

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Raheem Devaughn - Woman

Be Blessed

Roxcie

I love that video Roxcie..... And he's from DC to! :yes:

Thanks, Sunny I think I am too much DC for this group. I am not even orginally from DC, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Also, some of his other stuff is pretty good. So how are you holding out? My husband is going to have to keep me grounded on this process. I think this is going to be the hardest thing I will have to work with. I like to see processes move, this waiting will be the death of me. Since I am a PMO, I am use to working with solutions to make things work. I feel like I need to take them on as a project and make changes within the process.

I will make the gym one of my major projects through this process. So when we get approved, I should look dam good. Ha Ha

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.