Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
SUMMER CLASSES ARE OVER..AND I GOT OUT B+ IN BOTH...YIPPEEE...GOD BLESS CAUSE MI NEVA PUT MUCH IN THIS SUMMER AT ALL....I GET A BREAK FOR THE FALL :dance::dance:

NOW I ONLY AWAIT THE BIRTH OF MI PICKNEY :) GODS WILLING :dance:

WEH EVERYBODY DEH....GUESS MI WI CHAT TO MISELF

Congrats, mama! This summer was rough on me too!!! Glad its over. Congrats on the baby too :)

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Wakey,

How is Dwane adjusting? Been missing you girl.

Man I wrote this whole reply and it didn't post.

Dwayne is doing great. We are still adjusting to the airconditioner being on at night. I keep it on 77 but you would think I had it on 60 something. He sleeps all bundled up.

I can't wait until he gets his own car though. The volume he likes to listen to music at is deafening. My sis relates with him she loves to blast it too! Then I'm trying to show him places over this volume and getting hoarse. When I turn it down it soon creeps back up to ungodly decibles.

Turns out he really didn't like my meatloaf. He was just being polite. I found out when offering leftovers he always said no I'll eat this or that instead. :crying:

The dog is still going crazy. Looks like he needs more adjustment time than Dwayne. He goes crazy when we kiss or even touch and tries to move Dwayne hand off of me andd put it on him.

my car broke down on Friday it wouldn't go over 15 mph so now I will need to take some time off in order to get Dwayne's ssn and our marriage certificate. :angry:

Otherwise we are doing grrrreat!!! I don't regret one minute and would do it all over again to feel this joy and love. Everyone that is waiting for your interview hang in their through the trials and tribulations of immigration because when your SO is with you for good you don't remember the pain and cost.

Tre I'm glad your co-workers were dealth with for their unprofessional behavior

Honey I see you finally finished taking your braids out. I hate that part oh and the sitting to get more in but they sure are timesavers and make you look so young!

Happy and Blessed Sunday everyone!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Other Timeline
:ot: or new topic...

Okay, so as you guys im a social worker, and have been for some years now... i love my job( sometimes) and i feel like I make a difference in peoples lives...Mrs.P arent you a social worker as well??? ... but anyhoo, my job is never going to make me rich, and i will forever be under a microscope with the county, in regards to treatment outcomes, blah blah blah. My question, is i have seriously been considering returning to school to obtain a degree in a whole different field, im thinking something in the healthcare field, like an x ray tech or a therapeutic masseuse or something not requiring the viewing of body fluids. I am torn between going for a master's in social work, as right now im only a LBSW, with the hopes that with a masters i can find another job in the same field making more money, or trying something new???

What do you guys think, im just looking for opinions, im not really certain what i want to do, so i thought i would throw it out to my VJ sistren and see how they would weigh it??

What would be your idea salary? Are you licensed(LLSW)? I say If you like what you do, keep at it. Going for your Master's sounds like a great idea. You could obtain your license and continue to work in the field of health care, hopefully the masters and the license will boost your income. I've thought about going in to the therapeutic message as well, def not a a sole sore of income, maybe a hobby. It would probably take a while to build cliental.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=So...er_(MSW)/Salary

Good luck.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Question..........How often do your SO's wear their jeans before washing while living in Jamaica?

Good Question. I have no clue. I hope that's not one of the interview questions because I'd be in trouble. LMAO :rofl:

haha, I wear my jeans a few times before washing them. If they dont get super dirty during my 8-10 hours of wearing them aint no way I'm washing them so much. Am I nasty? I know many people that do this. And at times I just get them dry cleaned if they are a dark wash to preserve the color.

No you're not, I do the same...esp if I've paid $$$ for them. I encourage hubby to do the same but noooooh, he has to wash his each time he wears them. :angry:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I got some very sad news from Lawny today.

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill, these are the two things i was able to find on VJ regarding deaths in the family without AP, hope this helps somewhat.

Info Pass appointment for the AP, they will issue AP in cases of emergency.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

and this was part of a post of someone else who had a death, last year, so im pasting it as well:

You will need to take proof of the death with you to the infopass appointment.... I am sorry for your wife's loss but please do not let her leave the US without the AP or she will not be allowed back in....

You can not send it to her... because if the date she left is before the date of approval then she will have abandoned her AOS and you would have to file for a K3/CR1 and she would have to wait for that to be approved before she could return home to the US....

Honey

SUMMER CLASSES ARE OVER..AND I GOT OUT B+ IN BOTH...YIPPEEE...GOD BLESS CAUSE MI NEVA PUT MUCH IN THIS SUMMER AT ALL....I GET A BREAK FOR THE FALL :dance::dance:

NOW I ONLY AWAIT THE BIRTH OF MI PICKNEY :) GODS WILLING :dance:

WEH EVERYBODY DEH....GUESS MI WI CHAT TO MISELF

Congrats, mama! This summer was rough on me too!!! Glad its over. Congrats on the baby too :)

Asante Maroon, I saw your post on the other site, Thumbs up to your comments. :thumbs:

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg my prayers go out to Lawny, Marcel and the rest of the family.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
now i know why i pray...last week missa jengs came home and waved a WHITE ipod charger inna face, all happy cause now he don't have to charge it via the computer anymore...three days ago i'm trying to connect to the internet but couldn't because the WHITE charger was plugged into the strip and i guess missa jengs unplugged the modem..the day after that here him, he can't find the ipod charger so i say isn't it the white charger by the computer desk my man says no, mind is him buy it so I decide to roll with it and i say ok, about an hour ago my man starts looking for something and he's not telling what he's looking for, he's pulling out drawers all that but just being a pain, so finally mi couldn't tek it no more and ask him what he's looking for...the ipod charger and how it's black and he can't find it. i showed him the charger and at first my man actually said to me it's not that. I had to show him the part that plugs into the ipod all he could say was i thought it was black.

and the sad part is he don't even smoke...

Maybe he's color blind?? :whistle:

I had to laugh into the pillow with this one, if you had seen what he wanted to wear to Kimmy's shower, u would say yes it's true. Ladies I saved you all from a travesty...I should get paid!!! Cause yuh eyes would have hurt you.. I had to hold up the outfit on myself twice and say are u sure you want to wear this ??? really are u sure??? finally he couldn't tek it anymore and said aright go and pick out wha mi fi wear. sweeter words have never been spoken.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Guys,

I got some very sad news from Lawny today.

Marcel's Mom passed away eithr yesterday or today. She is trying to find out if there is ANYWAY possible for him to go home to JA to attend the funeral and not have to go through the initial process of having to file a K3 or IR/CR again!

Bwoy, I really feel it for them. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep them in your prayers today and going forward. If anyone knows of any route they may be able to go please post and let her know.

I told her to call the 202# tomorrow and if that does not work the Dept. of Homeland Security or/and the State Dept. Someone has to have a heart to at least hear her out!

I know we all believe in the power of prayer...and I know we all know ANYTHING & EVERYTHING is possible through the Lord. So please keep Lawny & Marcel in your thoughts and prayers.

Blessed love,

Gill

Ooh no, that is a tragedy...I think you gave her the best advice to call the #202 number i belive i read on other vj forums of some sort of expedited advance parole...i'll try and find out over on the K1 forum.

Gill, these are the two things i was able to find on VJ regarding deaths in the family without AP, hope this helps somewhat.

Info Pass appointment for the AP, they will issue AP in cases of emergency.

http://infopass.uscis.gov/

and this was part of a post of someone else who had a death, last year, so im pasting it as well:

You will need to take proof of the death with you to the infopass appointment.... I am sorry for your wife's loss but please do not let her leave the US without the AP or she will not be allowed back in....

You can not send it to her... because if the date she left is before the date of approval then she will have abandoned her AOS and you would have to file for a K3/CR1 and she would have to wait for that to be approved before she could return home to the US....

Honey

guess I don't have to look!!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.