Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi friends! I am finally all moved, settled, and have internet in the new house (after a long week) YAY. Now back to catch up I have like a hundred pages I've missed.

hey girlie!! glad to hear you are all settled in!!! how did everything work out with that friend of yours you just moved to her mom's house??? the picture you have of you kids is SO cute!

I'm lovin the pic that youh ave up now! She is too cute. Well I still have not spoken a word to the "friend" she came her ####### a few days after I moved out. I let the landlord deal with her. The new place is so nice, big, brand new, and peaceful. I am a much happier person. I didn't realise how much I was being brought down! Anyways..... how and you? Did you get anymore info on school?

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi friends! I am finally all moved, settled, and have internet in the new house (after a long week) YAY. Now back to catch up I have like a hundred pages I've missed.

hey girlie!! glad to hear you are all settled in!!! how did everything work out with that friend of yours you just moved to her mom's house??? the picture you have of you kids is SO cute!

I'm lovin the pic that you have up now! She is too cute. Well I still have not spoken a word to the "friend" she came and got her ####### a few days after I moved out. I let the landlord deal with her. The new place is so nice, big, brand new, and peaceful. I am a much happier person. So are the kids. I didn't realise how much we were being brought down! Anyways..... how are you? Did you get anymore info on school?

Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny, this was sent to me by another VJ member, here is an event for Sunday.

Sunday, August 3rd - Celebrate Jamaica's Independence Sunday Market It's held at the Gardens of the Organization of American States -17th Street & Constitution Ave NW. Usually starts about 12pm till 8-9pm. There will be no listings of this even posted....although it's a FREE event, it's by invitation (but they don't check for the invitations. It's free, but food and drinks aren't (used to be...).

I went to Zanabar last night the groups were good. I can't find the information on todays event yet, but I will keep looking. My girlfriend keeps taking about going to the Ball in Baltimore, I really don't think I wants to go to that. We will see.

Talk about your SO and you going out while you are apart. Last night was an example, I am a 12 midnight kind of person. My rule is I needs to be home or headed toward home from an evening out by midnight. So, last night I'm out until midnight, then I head home, because I had drank a couple of martini's, which I normally don't do if I am driving, but I did so I call my husband in JA, to talk to me all the way home. So he talks me all the way home until he hears the alarm in my home as I am taking it off.

I asked him was he going out later, at that time he didn't know. So I falls alsleep, I wake up about 1.5 hours later and I calls him, he is now getting dress to go out. I just tells him to please be safe and to tell the girls I didn't let him go out for them. He laughs at my antics and says its not like that. He did ask me who I was out with, I told him my girlfriend whom he knows. Now I will call him early this morning, to see how he is doing, this is my sutle way of checking up. Ha Ha.

Roxcie

Thanks Roxcie... I was actually able to find info on the embassy's website. http://www.embassyofjamaica.org/events.htm

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Anyone going?

1st Annual Budweiser Reggae Summer Fest

RFK Stadium, Washington, DC

Sun, Sep 7, 2008 12:30 PM

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

ROC

Timeline

I'm lovin the pic that you have up now! She is too cute. Well I still have not spoken a word to the "friend" she came and got her ####### a few days after I moved out. I let the landlord deal with her. The new place is so nice, big, brand new, and peaceful. I am a much happier person. So are the kids. I didn't realise how much we were being brought down! Anyways..... how are you? Did you get anymore info on school?

Hey Classy,

I'm glad you and the kids are all settled and things are going good. I hope that it continues for you guy's.

ROC

Timeline

I'm lovin the pic that youh ave up now! She is too cute. Well I still have not spoken a word to the "friend" she came her ####### a few days after I moved out. I let the landlord deal with her. The new place is so nice, big, brand new, and peaceful. I am a much happier person. I didn't realise how much I was being brought down! Anyways..... how and you? Did you get anymore info on school?

that is great that you were able to move out and move on with your life!! So happy for you!! I still can't believe she did that to you!! I start in a couple of weeks! I am excited to start and begin a new adventure!! 3 out of my 4 classes will be online which will be great!! Kaila is surely growing up! She is already turning over from back to belly and to back again so changing her has become interesting :lol: but worth every second!!!

Timeline
Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You going Sunny? I'm kid free that weekend - I should drive down and go with you! Hopefully I will have something to celebrate.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

You going Sunny? I'm kid free that weekend - I should drive down and go with you! Hopefully I will have something to celebrate.

I want to. Come on down and we can see who else may be going from here. You will definitely have something to celebrate.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone

I posted this somewhere else and was directed here, so I post again. I am new to the visa process and have read the guides and faq's

I have a few questions.......but you should first know that we are not applying until late January/early February '09 and please forgive me if the info is posted somewhere and I don't see it.

1. Does Jamaica accept co-sponsors? And if so, anyone have experience with it?

2. I don't see anything asking if there will be a co-sponsor on the I-129 or I-134, should the co-sponsor be filling out everything I do or just the I-134?

3. Does the co-sponsor need to be living in my household? Mine will be my mother who does not live with me and my 2 kids, but does live in the same town.

4. At what point would the I-864 be used, or how would I determine that> Will the USCIS or consulate let me know?

5. At this point the only evidence we have is photos with dates, iteineraries, receipts from Jamaica....will that be enough to establish evidence or should we work on getting him an email account now?

6. At what point does the police record and medical exam come in? And how do we get them?

7. What about government assistance (specifically section 8)? If you have section 8 housing subsidy (but are using a co-sponsor) will that be grounds for denial? Should I ditch it now and get a place with my parents?

THanks for any and all help.

event.png

Hi everyone

I posted this somewhere else and was directed here, so I post again. I am new to the visa process and have read the guides and faq's

I have a few questions.......but you should first know that we are not applying until late January/early February '09 and please forgive me if the info is posted somewhere and I don't see it.

2. I don't see anything asking if there will be a co-sponsor on the I-129 or I-134, should the co-sponsor be filling out everything I do or just the I-134?

3. Does the co-sponsor need to be living in my household? Mine will be my mother who does not live with me and my 2 kids, but does live in the same town.

4. At what point would the I-864 be used, or how would I determine that> Will the USCIS or consulate let me know?

5. At this point the only evidence we have is photos with dates, iteineraries, receipts from Jamaica....will that be enough to establish evidence or should we work on getting him an email account now?

6. At what point does the police record and medical exam come in? And how do we get them?

7. What about government assistance (specifically section 8)? If you have section 8 housing subsidy (but are using a co-sponsor) will that be grounds for denial? Should I ditch it now and get a place with my parents?

Hi,

First welcome to the home of those who love JA and what it has to offer.

Are you going to be applying for the fiance visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everyone

Hi,

First welcome to the home of those who love JA and what it has to offer.

Are you going to be applying for the fiance visa?

So Sorry, yes we will be applying for a K-1 visa.

event.png

Timeline

that is great that you were able to move out and move on with your life!! So happy for you!! I still can't believe she did that to you!! I start in a couple of weeks! I am excited to start and begin a new adventure!! 3 out of my 4 classes will be online which will be great!! Kaila is surely growing up! She is already turning over from back to belly and to back again so changing her has become interesting :lol: but worth every second!!!

Hey everyone, today is perfect day to stay home, its pouring rain right now in nyc. Too bad I can't sit still for too long...have to go get some more baby stuff. :)

Nanny, I also think your avatar pic is so cute, and Kaila is turning over already! aww she's a big girl now. :luv:

Hey Renee! So glad everything is working out with your new place and don't worry about your "friend", she will get hers eventually.

Welcome Mrsladyd!

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Anyone going?

$35 regular tickets

$65 VIP

I definitely will be attending this one.

Roxcie

Timeline

Hey everyone, today is perfect day to stay home, its pouring rain right now in nyc. Too bad I can't sit still for too long...have to go get some more baby stuff. :)

Nanny, I also think your avatar pic is so cute, and Kaila is turning over already! aww she's a big girl now. :luv:

Hey Renee! So glad everything is working out with your new place and don't worry about your "friend", she will get hers eventually.

Welcome Mrsladyd!

Hey girl! Good to see you on. I'm a firm believer in karma :thumbs: It seems to be working wonders in my life lately. I'm organizing and hanging all of our clothes right now, fun! And later I will be going shopping to buy more, lol. My birthdays Monday and my parents gave me some $$$$. YAYYYYY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.