Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English,

your stroller still looks weird, :blush::blush:

do you take it into stores and stuff...it would be too big for the small aisles we have here in nyc

It's not big at all, only LOOKS that way!! It's incredibly maneuverable though, I have NO problems getting in narrow aisles...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Geesh everyone must be working at work for once :lol: We will never get to page 100 today at this rate. I was hoping that the Captain would have to shut our thread down in less than a month cause we get to big :lol:

How are you feeling Shauna? Ready to have her already?

today has been actually a good day....not to tired..just not that hungry either..which is a good thing :lol: but at night forget about it....i just can't get comfortable at all...and my dreams are horrible....

it was funny today my mom and i were..where else shopping :lol::lol: and were talking to this lady about her stroller and how well she liked it ect ect...and i thought to myself...wow...this is what my life has come to....checking out baby strollers :lol: oh well i will be ssssoo happy when she is here.....

I LOVE mine, this is what I have....

41unvnoxQKL._AA280_.jpg

51TFYPHB5PL_AA250_.gif.jpg

41lwbu206aL._AA280_.jpg

hhhmm interesting....how does it work once the child is older?? is there a seat then that they can sit in?

hhhmm interesting....how does it work once the child is older?? is there a seat then that they can sit in?

Oh yes!!!

Here's a video :)

http://www.stokkeusa.com/xplorydemo.htm

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Oh yes!!!

so the carry cot turns into a seat then and can be turned to face you or the other way?

i like the fact that it is higher up...is it easy to fold and put away?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok I am headed off to lunch but had a topic I wanted to throw out there...

Would you still file AOS or removing conditions for your spouse if things in the marriage didn't work out between the two of you? Take out all the factors of them just coming for a green card and all that. It was a genuine bona fide marriage but it just didn't work between the two of you. Would you file to let them stay here?

What factors would or wouldn't cause you to file for them?

(Please don't read more into this than there is in regard to my personal situation...I am genuinely just curious and wonder what others would do in the situation.)

Well, considering AOS should really be filed before the I-94 expires and he is out of status, I would say Hell no. If my marriage can't last 90 days, it couldn't have been very bonafide in the first place. And, honestly, I would not accept any reasoning whatsoever at this point.

Now, if you are talking about Lifting of Conditions......2 years later, that would be a different story for me. I'd still say NO; but at least he could file a waiver and file for himself. I would not oppose his petition.

Yep that is basically my standpoint as well. I wouldn't oppose it but I am not going to be held responsible for the next 10 years of my life for someone who doesn't want to be married.

Like Jomo said...I wouldn't apply for the AOS pacakge if things didn't work out. Once you sign the I-864 along with the AOS application...you're stuck being responsible for the next 10 years anyway. So between the 2 year and 10 year...depending on the circumstances...I may.

Hello everyone.

Jamie - sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope she gets better soon.

Oh yes!!!

so the carry cot turns into a seat then and can be turned to face you or the other way?

i like the fact that it is higher up...is it easy to fold and put away?

Yes, takes a while to get used to though!

CVS Pharmacy is doing the buy one get one free on Sprint phonecards again!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Timeline
Ok I am headed off to lunch but had a topic I wanted to throw out there...

Would you still file AOS or removing conditions for your spouse if things in the marriage didn't work out between the two of you? Take out all the factors of them just coming for a green card and all that. It was a genuine bona fide marriage but it just didn't work between the two of you. Would you file to let them stay here?

What factors would or wouldn't cause you to file for them?

(Please don't read more into this than there is in regard to my personal situation...I am genuinely just curious and wonder what others would do in the situation.)

Well, considering AOS should really be filed before the I-94 expires and he is out of status, I would say Hell no. If my marriage can't last 90 days, it couldn't have been very bonafide in the first place. And, honestly, I would not accept any reasoning whatsoever at this point.

Now, if you are talking about Lifting of Conditions......2 years later, that would be a different story for me. I'd still say NO; but at least he could file a waiver and file for himself. I would not oppose his petition.

Yep that is basically my standpoint as well. I wouldn't oppose it but I am not going to be held responsible for the next 10 years of my life for someone who doesn't want to be married.

but what if it is the american citizen who wants to end the marriage?

hmmm...well with the whole Removing conditions thing the permenant resident can file on their own with a waiver so I guess that is what they would have to do.

Timeline
Like Jomo said...I wouldn't apply for the AOS pacakge if things didn't work out. Once you sign the I-864 along with the AOS application...you're stuck being responsible for the next 10 years anyway. So between the 2 year and 10 year...depending on the circumstances...I may.

Hello everyone.

Jamie - sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope she gets better soon.

Thanks (F)

That is true...if they successfully filed with a waiver to remove conditions you would still be held responsible. I wonder how many people file with a waiver and actually get approved? I know when there is fraud or abuse it is pretty cut and dry either way but I wonder with a run of the mill case that ends in divorce what are the chances they could file and be approved. I bet a lot depends on whether there is the support from the ex spouse.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

Ok guys in 15 mins I am off to the Comcast office to see about getting myself a home phone and internet :dance: Hope and pray it goes well and I can get something in my area (remember it is bush :lol:) and that I can get a good deal and they set it up soon! Gosh I really hope I can get something!

Timeline
Ok guys in 15 mins I am off to the Comcast office to see about getting myself a home phone and internet :dance: Hope and pray it goes well and I can get something in my area (remember it is bush :lol:) and that I can get a good deal and they set it up soon! Gosh I really hope I can get something!

i'm sending you positive comast thoughts.... :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengs mi agree mi in it fi di child support too..and of course to make his life HELL :devil: ...but I wouldn't file for someone to stay here if we have no ties nothing..no need to be here...no golden ####### no deh yah so..like Jengs seh a "mi ave di golden pums" :lol:

So mi a tell mi husband bout di schoold kids..him seh him no surprised a so dem pickney deh stay a Norman Manley..."if u go to dem a seh wah u a do is wrong, u woulda hear how much claut inna yuh ears" bwoy it's sad..what values are being taught..maybe mommy too busy a try mek it...maybe daddy no give a... and mommy a one #######..who the heck knows

Yards...I'm late but I pray ur grandma lives her days comfortably...and of course we PRAY :lol: u get yuh service inna yuh bush..

English I LOVE THAT STROLLER..except mi cyaa afford it :) although mi did seh mi a go splurge pon dah one yah :luv: love it though

kinds reminds me of the bugaboo which mi love tuh

Mi no si Lawny from eveing weh yuh deh..hope all is well and u nah mek di EX stress yuh too much...memba April round di corner :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.