Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEY FAM!!

He is here and man I didn't think I would ever stop smilng. We didn't get all sloppy at the airport with the kiss. I think he couldn't believe the # of people. I haven't asked for all the POE details I will get back to you after I interview him on what happened. They did give him the bottom part of his I-94 back as they should. He was very quiet and just looking around on the way home from the airport but once he got in the house and got settled we were back to our normal talkative selves.

So we were just staring at each other , their were some tears of happiness shed. I made him some meatloaf and he really liked it. We had a glass of white zinfandel something he has never tried. He said he liked it but it's different from how their wine taste.

Only thing is he thinks the airconditioning in the house was too cold so I ended up cutting it off. Lawd what mi fi do without mi air. Other thing is my dog Mckenzie a Shi Tzu fell in love with him on first glance and now won't leave his side. He normally sleeps at the foot of the bed but last night he kept creeping up to sleep next to Dwayne. I keep having to move him and he was being stubborn and tried to make his body heavy so I couldn't lift him. We will see how this goes but I think his little but is gonna have to start sleeping in his own bed.

The ENTIRE evening was the bomb :devil: ! I am blessed beyond measure to have him home. When your SO comes home it will be pure magic :dance:

He is still asleep but I will send him ya'll good love and vibes.

Oh guess what the check engine light in my car came back on when going to pick him up. Now, we have to drop our plans to day to go back to repair shop. I'm major P O'd :devil:

Girl, STAY home FORGET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT....it's proably your gas tank cover (make sure it's on tight)....get back in bed. I told you that would be the best feeling to have him home. My husband don't like the airconditioning either, but he'll get use to it Wakey. Give him a few weeks. I'm so happy for you.

You know you are right about getting back in the bed. The car will be fine! My man is HOME!!

On the topic of your man hanging out and going to clubs til wee hours of the morning. I honestly never felt upset Dwayne would tell me all about where they were going and then call during the party to tell me what he was doing and then on his way home. I never asked him to do this but he just did to let me know how I could trust him.

Honestly, my biggest issues I had was when I would call and he would be playing dominoes. I could hear him slapping them on the table and talking one or two word answers to me and it made me mad as hell. Then my sis had a heart to heart and was like so what him fi do while him past di time to see ya again. She reminded me that he doesn't get mad when I call him and tell him I'm hanging out with her or my girlfriends. His dominoes is the same thing him hanging out with friends. It made sense. If I were hanging out with friends my conversation with him would be shortened too.

Feel better Sus!

Alright I'm leaving now to get back inna di bed. :devil:

for me it was ludy....which i still haven't figured out what it is....and a male friend of mine said to me better he is doing dat than something else, from den on i just kept my mouth shut and dealt with the cussing in the background and the distracted answers i was getting....

Isn't that the board game w/ the Jamaican flag on the board?? If so, I love to play, I tink cuz mi halways seem to win.. mi tell dem "its just beginners luck!!!" LOL

ooops and here i am thinking its a card game

Tre..........

listen to me carefully......Take all phones, put them near the tires of your car and run over them NOW! It will save you a lot of stress now and in the future.

and no one calls the housephone they all call him at work :whistle:

Oh, hell no. I don't give out this number. I don't even give out our home number. They all have Andre's cell phone and a select few have mine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
JG, I enjoy my job primarily because when i was younger i was very selfish, i wasnt your very emotionally attached kind of person. I was all about self, for a number of reasons, i think it was a way that i built up in myself to keep people out and not hurt me. The people i work with, are so F-ed up it makes my heart hurt for them.....NEVER in a million years could i have seen myself working with this population... i initially went to school with the intention of becoming a lawyer and throwing offenders underneath the jail, unfortunately life stepped in and i didnt go to law school, but i still worked in the CJ field, as an advocate. Somehow someway i merged into social work, and havent looked back. My job doesnt offer tuition reimbursement so financially it would be more STUDENT loans, which my kids will probably be paying back...lol at the rate im going. I tend to be impulsive about things, but for some reason im not feeling fulfilled in my job, despite the fact that i enjoy it. For the amount of sacrifice that i put in, to ensure my clients have a good quality of life and are not being mistreated, the financial gain is nothing to write home about. My wanting a career change is primarily financial. Working for the county, means if the county suffers budget cuts, the employees arent getting cost of living increases or wage increases or whatever, as it is i commute 75-80 miles round trip everyday and with gas prices, im thinking either career change to increase earnings or second job. also with the visa process i have to stop and think constantly, dyam... and how it effects everything im doing. Sorry for the mini series and the rambling, just need to clear my head :wacko:

Speaking of this, I saw that the dear Gov/Actor of CA wants to pay the state workers minium wage!!

I think that is some real BS!! You sure don't hear him talking about cutting HIS salary do you :angry:

The state of CA goes through this budget ####### every year. True enough the workers will get all their money when the budget is settled... But what about right now here today? What are they supposed to do? Lucky some of the banks do what they can to help them out as far as mortgage. I am so glad that I don't work for the state.

That was my very thought when I saw that - I hope he is taking a pay cut as well! They interviewed a woman who was vexed about it because she is a single mother working on a budget, what's she to do if that all of the sudden dropped.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

bowy oonuh can chat eei man...mi cyaa believe how much mi come back to dis mawning...leave it up to the one JAWI..one bag a rass chatiing (doan buss mi head)

Honey, mi marry a wallflower to...he will never dance with any other woman..mi affi b eg him fi buss a whine wid me..some JA men are very funny as to who they dance with...mostly town man...dem seh di girl/ooman will start claim territory and think di dance mean they (the men) are interested in more...and girl 4am is early fi a dance..how about straight back til ppl a go work...no worry yuhself

Jengy...Ludy is a dice game dawta..mi a go t ell missa Jengs :)

WELCOME Dwayne !!!! wakey mi know why di check engine lite on..u stay deh...yuh rock di cyar too hard man :)

Mrs.Palmer,

no worry hubby soon come and u a sgo start tell wi yuh need fi come up fi air...soon hunny !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Your right Roxcie, it kind of bothers me, but what can i do but lash out....i know im wrong, but im still mad :rolleyes: i do miss him and i know that he had a life b4 me in JA, It has never bothered me before but for some reasong today, it is pissing me off.

You know what Honey..when hubby and I were 1st dating this would happen and I would flip the hell out! :angry::angry: I mean, here I was in the house at a decent hour and he is at some yaard party til damn near 6 am!! :wacko::wacko: After a while I explained to him why I was so angry--for me it was moreso being worried about what kind of crazies were out there, and making sure he didn't get caught up in any foolishness...so, HE came up with the plan that he would call throughout the party, call when he was about to leave, and call when he got home. I didn't even suggest this--he came up with this plan all on his own!! :thumbs: And trust me when I said he followed the plan to a "T"--no matter what time it was, his silly ####### would call to let me know what was going on at the party, when he was leaving, yadayadayada...Now, he definitely doesn't go out as much like he used to b4 he was married, and even when he does he's in alot earlier, and since I know his core group of people (and they are good people), I don't worry as much. But trust me, I still have my days sometimes...Hang in there girlie!!

:ot: ...or maybe "New Topic".

This post just made me wonder. So the party is a big deal in JA. Music and beats are always going. Some place is always having a party and the dance style is always "bubblin". What do you ladies (married or engaged), think of your men going to these parties and dancing/bubblin with other girls? Its just dancing, but the way that folks dance in JA vs the way that they dance here is quite different at times. Yet for many folks in JA the "bubblin", is just normal...nothing less nothing more.

Assuming that your man still goes out to the local party every now and then and may get asked to dance, or may not want to hold up the wall all night when he start to feel the vibes (which is probably hard to do cause the music is fiyah an sure to mek yuh baddy move), is it cool for him to dance with other girls?

Mi naw worry - him can't dance!! :rofl: I think it just gets down to the trust issue. They do party and dance much different than we do here, but like you say that's the way it is and what they are used to so they don't look at it like we do. If you trust him/her and have faith in your relationship, it's just a party. And I can bet they are doing same as us when we party - wishing we were there with them while they party!

I'm no so sure about them not looking at it like we do. I have EXPERIENCED one TOO MANY...ERRR... :whistle: you know from "bubblin" with men I never cared to know that intimately. One guy even buss ile inna im pants and had to leave the party...VOMIT needless to say I used to love those white shorts. I also beg to differ about it being just a dance for them. Jonesie and I could never understand that if you decide to dance with someone...why do they always "marry" you after the dance?

Basically, you then become their territory...their wifey....no other man better approach you the entire night. *kiss teet* I prefer to dance alone if I'm not with my man...but that is NOT going to happen if yuh come from farrin. i have seen Jamaican women dancing their A** off all night...and men will not even approach. It pisses me off to no end. I am not your free ride to farrin...lay off my a**! :rofl::bonk:

I went to Jus Cheers one night...with Jonesie and Mr. Jonesie...two men started fighting over which one was going to have the chance to "bubble" with me. I mean a real fist fight...then a gun went off...and we hauled a** out of there...the gun was a police officer showing off...totally unrelated to the fight.

Well I feel like I am so late to respond to this cause you ladies chat up several pages already. I think its a bit disrespectful if my man is whinning im buddy on anodda gyal baxside...thats just me. I know the bubblin goes on, but I dont want my husband doing it with some other chick. I do beileve you gotta trust the person, but I also believe there is nothing wrong with asking them to change or stop a certain action once you are married.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WELCOME COME TO AMERICA DWAYNE

Just to warn you...Wak :devil: ey been exercising

That's right.....WELCOME HOME DWAYNE!!! Have fun Wakey and let us know how it goes. :dance::dance:

SJB1221......In case I forget, You and the hubby have a WONDERFUL time in JA this weekend! :thumbs:

Nish

DITTO!!! Gurl, Enjoy it for all of us that can't!!!!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Timeline

Okay...so my co-worker an I got into it AGAIN. The same one that sent the e-mail. Just got back from a meeting with HR. I made a complaint about her months ago about her making negative comments about Jamaicans and smoking weed...but she's still here. Now, if I was going around and telling everyone she look like a damn crackhead I would have been fired. You know what they told me, we should work through out differences. I told them she needs to stay the hell away from me or I'm going to file a greivance with the HR director. She's harrassing me. As much as I try to ignore her, we have to work together and be in the same area, work space and meetings. When I'm doing presentation she interputs me and I get irrated and then put her in her place and then I'm the one that's being rude....someone rescue me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Tre, you need to find a new job. One without any stress.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Tre, you need to find a new job. One without any stress.

JG -- If I was the position to leave right now, I would. But too much going on in my life right now to search for a new job. When I showed the e-mail to the HR Director about the woman bad mouthing me she looks at me and says, she's just JEALOUS...well, yeah, I know that, but this is UNPROFESSIONAL and UNACCEPTABLE. Now, what if I was to halloff and bust her in the face, you would fire me...well, yes I guess I would have to. I told the HR Director she's no help to me at all and that this is going to escalate and that I'm documenting everything and this is the 3rd time I've made complaint to the HR dept about this person and nothing has been done. So, I'm filing a grievance. I was like, I think theire a conflict here so, someone else needs to be included.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I know, girlie. It's hard to start all over again somewhere else. I was kidding. You know I'm a fighter. I'd say and fight.

And, no, IW. If there is, I haven't found it yet.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I know, girlie. It's hard to start all over again somewhere else. I was kidding. You know I'm a fighter. I'd say and fight.

Haaaaaaaa. I didn't think the grievance team would have responded to my e-mail so quick. The HR Director has to meet with them at 3pm TODAY! The HR Director and the lady are neighbors and they carpool...can we say CONFLICT!

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Yeah well, friends are only friends until the thought of lawsuits is involved. She won't risk her job for a friend who is a damn fool.

Make your voice heard here, Tre. That is just BS.

What time is it there now?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Haaaaaaaa. I didn't think the grievance team would have responded to my e-mail so quick. The HR Director has to meet with them at 3pm TODAY! The HR Director and the lady are neighbors and they carpool...can we say CONFLICT!

Wait, the lady with the jealous mouth carpools with HR wench - oh yeah, big conflict!! The grievance teams love confrontation! :unsure:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Yeah well, friends are only friends until the thought of lawsuits is involved. She won't risk her job for a friend who is a damn fool.

Make your voice heard here, Tre. That is just BS.

What time is it there now?

JG -- It's 2:29pm.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

#######!!!! Lawny that is why that cow was downplaying your stuff, and probably was going to ride home and tell your trifling ####### coworker everything you said!!!! People are too much sometimes, one time i was at work and they tried to pull some ol rass racial ####### on me and i threatened to contact the EEOC, next thing you know in order to cool off the drama, they made everyone in the agency attend a mandatory cultural competency or whatever the hell they call that dyam class!!!!!

Oohhh i bet your HR director somewhere sick to her dyam stomache...LMAO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.