Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow, Sonny.....reading it every day, I never realized that much happened till you said it.

Good to see you.

:lol: I've been trying to read and catch up at work.

There has been alot of chat over the last few days.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Are ya'll ready for this. My SO's uncle just called from Atlanta and wants to have a family meeting with me (not hubby), but with me. I told him sure, I'll try and clear my calendar sometime next year. He's like are you serious, you're that busy. I was like, what do you want to meet with me for? Answer: I want to know what your intentions are with our nephew. He's young and you're much, much older...we're just looking out for his best interest. I just called home and Marcel is on the phone with him now. All I'm hearing is a lot of bclattt...I know the Aunt put the uncle up to this. I'm going to calm down my husband. Back later.

Sunny; I'll call you back.

What rass is dis??!!! Did they have his best interest in heart in JA? I think not.....

Good luck Lawny.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Are ya'll ready for this. My SO's uncle just called from Atlanta and wants to have a family meeting with me (not hubby), but with me. I told him sure, I'll try and clear my calendar sometime next year. He's like are you serious, you're that busy. I was like, what do you want to meet with me for? Answer: I want to know what your intentions are with our nephew. He's young and you're much, much older...we're just looking out for his best interest. I just called home and Marcel is on the phone with him now. All I'm hearing is a lot of bclattt...I know the Aunt put the uncle up to this. I'm going to calm down my husband. Back later.

WTH :angry::angry:

They have alot of DYAM nerve!!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
JG, I enjoy my job primarily because when i was younger i was very selfish, i wasnt your very emotionally attached kind of person. I was all about self, for a number of reasons, i think it was a way that i built up in myself to keep people out and not hurt me. The people i work with, are so F-ed up it makes my heart hurt for them.....NEVER in a million years could i have seen myself working with this population... i initially went to school with the intention of becoming a lawyer and throwing offenders underneath the jail, unfortunately life stepped in and i didnt go to law school, but i still worked in the CJ field, as an advocate. Somehow someway i merged into social work, and havent looked back. My job doesnt offer tuition reimbursement so financially it would be more STUDENT loans, which my kids will probably be paying back...lol at the rate im going. I tend to be impulsive about things, but for some reason im not feeling fulfilled in my job, despite the fact that i enjoy it. For the amount of sacrifice that i put in, to ensure my clients have a good quality of life and are not being mistreated, the financial gain is nothing to write home about. My wanting a career change is primarily financial. Working for the county, means if the county suffers budget cuts, the employees arent getting cost of living increases or wage increases or whatever, as it is i commute 75-80 miles round trip everyday and with gas prices, im thinking either career change to increase earnings or second job. also with the visa process i have to stop and think constantly, dyam... and how it effects everything im doing. Sorry for the mini series and the rambling, just need to clear my head :wacko:

Speaking of this, I saw that the dear Gov/Actor of CA wants to pay the state workers minium wage!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Wow, Sonny.....reading it every day, I never realized that much happened till you said it.

Good to see you.

That would have taken me about a week to read. lol

Good to see you Sonny.....

Girl I've been reading since Sunday!! I woke up this morning while my hubby was geting ready for work and decided... This is it! I've got to catch up and send some shout outs :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

:ot: or new topic...

Okay, so as you guys im a social worker, and have been for some years now... i love my job( sometimes) and i feel like I make a difference in peoples lives...Mrs.P arent you a social worker as well??? ... but anyhoo, my job is never going to make me rich, and i will forever be under a microscope with the county, in regards to treatment outcomes, blah blah blah. My question, is i have seriously been considering returning to school to obtain a degree in a whole different field, im thinking something in the healthcare field, like an x ray tech or a therapeutic masseuse or something not requiring the viewing of body fluids. I am torn between going for a master's in social work, as right now im only a LBSW, with the hopes that with a masters i can find another job in the same field making more money, or trying something new???

What do you guys think, im just looking for opinions, im not really certain what i want to do, so i thought i would throw it out to my VJ sistren and see how they would weigh it??

Does your job make you happy?

Are you financially able to go back to school and completely change fields at this point?

I want to caution you on the change of fields at this point too. When in a LDR, things are different.....some days you feel you have no control over your emotions, your life, nothing. Will adding another issue....ie, the stress of school.....to this situation be something you can handle?

I know there have been days when I wake up and I have this idea in my head of something I am certain I want to do. Sometimes it's something really out there. I have learned to sit back and access the situation more....weigh out pros and cons....think it over for a few more days. If it's still there, then, I go for it if I can. If I talk myself out of it, I know it is for the best. Sometimes, I think it was an idea that I COULD do this, I could control something when everything else in my life was spinning out of control.

JG, I enjoy my job primarily because when i was younger i was very selfish, i wasnt your very emotionally attached kind of person. I was all about self, for a number of reasons, i think it was a way that i built up in myself to keep people out and not hurt me. The people i work with, are so F-ed up it makes my heart hurt for them.....NEVER in a million years could i have seen myself working with this population... i initially went to school with the intention of becoming a lawyer and throwing offenders underneath the jail, unfortunately life stepped in and i didnt go to law school, but i still worked in the CJ field, as an advocate. Somehow someway i merged into social work, and havent looked back. My job doesnt offer tuition reimbursement so financially it would be more STUDENT loans, which my kids will probably be paying back...lol at the rate im going. I tend to be impulsive about things, but for some reason im not feeling fulfilled in my job, despite the fact that i enjoy it. For the amount of sacrifice that i put in, to ensure my clients have a good quality of life and are not being mistreated, the financial gain is nothing to write home about. My wanting a career change is primarily financial. Working for the county, means if the county suffers budget cuts, the employees arent getting cost of living increases or wage increases or whatever, as it is i commute 75-80 miles round trip everyday and with gas prices, im thinking either career change to increase earnings or second job. also with the visa process i have to stop and think constantly, dyam... and how it effects everything im doing. Sorry for the mini series and the rambling, just need to clear my head :wacko:

Why don't you trying looking for the same type of job, but look at working for a private hospital. Hospitals employe Social Workers, so that will take you out of the county payroll.

Roxcie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Speaking of this, I saw that the dear Gov/Actor of CA wants to pay the state workers minium wage!!

That's pure madness.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I think that is some real BS!! You sure don't hear him talking about cutting HIS salary do you :angry:

The state of CA goes through this budget ####### every year. True enough the workers will get all their money when the budget is settled... But what about right now here today? What are they supposed to do? Lucky some of the banks do what they can to help them out as far as mortgage. I am so glad that I don't work for the state.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
:ot: or new topic...

Okay, so as you guys im a social worker, and have been for some years now... i love my job( sometimes) and i feel like I make a difference in peoples lives...Mrs.P arent you a social worker as well??? ... but anyhoo, my job is never going to make me rich, and i will forever be under a microscope with the county, in regards to treatment outcomes, blah blah blah. My question, is i have seriously been considering returning to school to obtain a degree in a whole different field, im thinking something in the healthcare field, like an x ray tech or a therapeutic masseuse or something not requiring the viewing of body fluids. I am torn between going for a master's in social work, as right now im only a LBSW, with the hopes that with a masters i can find another job in the same field making more money, or trying something new???

What do you guys think, im just looking for opinions, im not really certain what i want to do, so i thought i would throw it out to my VJ sistren and see how they would weigh it??

Does your job make you happy?

Are you financially able to go back to school and completely change fields at this point?

I want to caution you on the change of fields at this point too. When in a LDR, things are different.....some days you feel you have no control over your emotions, your life, nothing. Will adding another issue....ie, the stress of school.....to this situation be something you can handle?

I know there have been days when I wake up and I have this idea in my head of something I am certain I want to do. Sometimes it's something really out there. I have learned to sit back and access the situation more....weigh out pros and cons....think it over for a few more days. If it's still there, then, I go for it if I can. If I talk myself out of it, I know it is for the best. Sometimes, I think it was an idea that I COULD do this, I could control something when everything else in my life was spinning out of control.

Why don't you trying looking for the same type of job, but look at working for a private hospital. Hospitals employe Social Workers, so that will take you out of the county payroll.

Roxcie

Roxcie, most of the hospitals in Michigan will only hire MSW's. The few that dont, those positions are snatched up so fast, because they have it easier, in my opinion.. no ongoing contact with the client, see them only in the hospital, call up the social worker for a discharge plan and go on there way....most of them are going to stay in those jobs till they retire or die out...LOL

Timeline

You guys had to bring up the state of California today, didn't you? I just fired off a complaint to the San Francisco County District Attorney.

GD Netflix. I used to be a member. Quit years ago. They just settled a lawsuit of which I was apparently a class member. For this settlement, I get one FREE month. So, Tuesday, I signed up. Wednesday, I see a pending charge to my credit card. I searched for numbers to call those damn Netflix fools. Finally, I settled on firing off e-mails on Tuesday and Wednesday. Charge cleared my bank yesterday.

Today I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and a complaint to the San Francisco County District Attorney.

Tomorrow, if I'm still vexed, I'll be talking to someone else.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
You guys had to bring up the state of California today, didn't you? I just fired off a complaint to the San Francisco County District Attorney.

GD Netflix. I used to be a member. Quit years ago. They just settled a lawsuit of which I was apparently a class member. For this settlement, I get one FREE month. So, Tuesday, I signed up. Wednesday, I see a pending charge to my credit card. I searched for numbers to call those damn Netflix fools. Finally, I settled on firing off e-mails on Tuesday and Wednesday. Charge cleared my bank yesterday.

Today I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and a complaint to the San Francisco County District Attorney.

Tomorrow, if I'm still vexed, I'll be talking to someone else.

Hope you get it settled JG, if not maybe you should find JAeng....LOL

Timeline

you have got to be freaking kidding me!!! :angry:

Timeline

Tre..........

listen to me carefully......Take all phones, put them near the tires of your car and run over them NOW! It will save you a lot of stress now and in the future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEY FAM!!

He is here and man I didn't think I would ever stop smilng. We didn't get all sloppy at the airport with the kiss. I think he couldn't believe the # of people. I haven't asked for all the POE details I will get back to you after I interview him on what happened. They did give him the bottom part of his I-94 back as they should. He was very quiet and just looking around on the way home from the airport but once he got in the house and got settled we were back to our normal talkative selves.

So we were just staring at each other , their were some tears of happiness shed. I made him some meatloaf and he really liked it. We had a glass of white zinfandel something he has never tried. He said he liked it but it's different from how their wine taste.

Only thing is he thinks the airconditioning in the house was too cold so I ended up cutting it off. Lawd what mi fi do without mi air. Other thing is my dog Mckenzie a Shi Tzu fell in love with him on first glance and now won't leave his side. He normally sleeps at the foot of the bed but last night he kept creeping up to sleep next to Dwayne. I keep having to move him and he was being stubborn and tried to make his body heavy so I couldn't lift him. We will see how this goes but I think his little but is gonna have to start sleeping in his own bed.

The ENTIRE evening was the bomb :devil: ! I am blessed beyond measure to have him home. When your SO comes home it will be pure magic :dance:

He is still asleep but I will send him ya'll good love and vibes.

Oh guess what the check engine light in my car came back on when going to pick him up. Now, we have to drop our plans to day to go back to repair shop. I'm major P O'd :devil:

Girl, STAY home FORGET THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT....it's proably your gas tank cover (make sure it's on tight)....get back in bed. I told you that would be the best feeling to have him home. My husband don't like the airconditioning either, but he'll get use to it Wakey. Give him a few weeks. I'm so happy for you.

You know you are right about getting back in the bed. The car will be fine! My man is HOME!!

On the topic of your man hanging out and going to clubs til wee hours of the morning. I honestly never felt upset Dwayne would tell me all about where they were going and then call during the party to tell me what he was doing and then on his way home. I never asked him to do this but he just did to let me know how I could trust him.

Honestly, my biggest issues I had was when I would call and he would be playing dominoes. I could hear him slapping them on the table and talking one or two word answers to me and it made me mad as hell. Then my sis had a heart to heart and was like so what him fi do while him past di time to see ya again. She reminded me that he doesn't get mad when I call him and tell him I'm hanging out with her or my girlfriends. His dominoes is the same thing him hanging out with friends. It made sense. If I were hanging out with friends my conversation with him would be shortened too.

Feel better Sus!

Alright I'm leaving now to get back inna di bed. :devil:

for me it was ludy....which i still haven't figured out what it is....and a male friend of mine said to me better he is doing dat than something else, from den on i just kept my mouth shut and dealt with the cussing in the background and the distracted answers i was getting....

Isn't that the board game w/ the Jamaican flag on the board?? If so, I love to play, I tink cuz mi halways seem to win.. mi tell dem "its just beginners luck!!!" LOL

ooops and here i am thinking its a card game

Tre..........

listen to me carefully......Take all phones, put them near the tires of your car and run over them NOW! It will save you a lot of stress now and in the future.

and no one calls the housephone they all call him at work :whistle:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Yeah Jengy, Correct me if I am wrong yaadies, but its a lot like Trouble.. ya roll di dice and ya affi move ya pieces all around di board to get back home.. RG and his fam can play dat ALL DYAM night.. it is fun though.. If u land on an opponents man him affi go all di way back and they say u kill'em.. and bwoy do dey luv to murda nuff.. :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.