Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Your right Roxcie, it kind of bothers me, but what can i do but lash out....i know im wrong, but im still mad :rolleyes: i do miss him and i know that he had a life b4 me in JA, It has never bothered me before but for some reasong today, it is pissing me off.

You know what Honey..when hubby and I were 1st dating this would happen and I would flip the hell out! :angry::angry: I mean, here I was in the house at a decent hour and he is at some yaard party til damn near 6 am!! :wacko::wacko: After a while I explained to him why I was so angry--for me it was moreso being worried about what kind of crazies were out there, and making sure he didn't get caught up in any foolishness...so, HE came up with the plan that he would call throughout the party, call when he was about to leave, and call when he got home. I didn't even suggest this--he came up with this plan all on his own!! :thumbs: And trust me when I said he followed the plan to a "T"--no matter what time it was, his silly ####### would call to let me know what was going on at the party, when he was leaving, yadayadayada...Now, he definitely doesn't go out as much like he used to b4 he was married, and even when he does he's in alot earlier, and since I know his core group of people (and they are good people), I don't worry as much. But trust me, I still have my days sometimes...Hang in there girlie!!

:ot: ...or maybe "New Topic".

This post just made me wonder. So the party is a big deal in JA. Music and beats are always going. Some place is always having a party and the dance style is always "bubblin". What do you ladies (married or engaged), think of your men going to these parties and dancing/bubblin with other girls? Its just dancing, but the way that folks dance in JA vs the way that they dance here is quite different at times. Yet for many folks in JA the "bubblin", is just normal...nothing less nothing more.

Assuming that your man still goes out to the local party every now and then and may get asked to dance, or may not want to hold up the wall all night when he start to feel the vibes (which is probably hard to do cause the music is fiyah an sure to mek yuh baddy move), is it cool for him to dance with other girls?

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Ladies;

Guess what? My STALKER is back. But she changed her name. Baby girl, I know you're lurking. Thanks for all the e-mails to my yahoo account. I didn't bother to read them...well, just one. I'm not going to entertain you any further....just wanted to put you out there.

You have a stalker?! From VJ? I had one on here before too. What does your stalker say to you?

Timeline
Anyone like that new song by Jazmine Sullivan " need you bad", the one with Missy Elliot, it has a reggae flavor too it??? I love that song, she reminds me of Lauryn Hill.

Y'all remember she ( lauryn) used to be the bomb...till she met that JA man and lost her mind...didnt want sing no more, just wanted to get some of that good jamaican loving day in and out....

Guess Jamaican men have that effect on everybody ;)

Is that what it is? I thought I was just born crazy. So, HONEY; I can FEDEX you some FISH HEAD soup (with the eyes and teeth) or would you rather GOAT HEAD soup (better know as ) Manish watah (and ya'll know what that's good for)...I know JAWI, Gill, Lita, JG does. They say WOMEN not suppose to drink it. Haaaaaa LIE DAT! :devil:

speaking of food ya yaadies from baan tell me dis..

y dey ave so many vegetables wid di meal LOL.. i do 2 MAYBE TREE here at home,

but RG family dem feed me one meat (fish, mackrel) han mi ave plantain, dumpling, rice, HAN sweet potato..

mi sey LAWD GAWD, mi can tek ongle sooo much STARCHES LOL gwaan put on 20 lbs fa mi lef here!!

Fish head soup is not my favorite. But I like Manish wata( and yes I drink it! ) and goat head & cow cod soup!

OMG....i love cow cod soup and CONCH soup

haha, why Evan an mi nyam deh raw conch on the Couples cruise dem? Deh tourist dem tink we crazy. :rofl: All de Yaad men yell out Stamina!!! Stamina Man!! haha :rofl: It was good...taste like Sushi and I LOVE sushi...that also a "stamina" food. Sushi definitly makes you hmmmm.....wel'll just say frisky :devil:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I told my MOL about all the bills that had to be paid. She doesn't seem to get it. She has not asked for any favors in a few months. Then, all of a sudden she needs money & right away. I swear I'm gonna change the friggin number. Money doesn't grow on trees. Has she considered all the funds spent on the immigration process? I really like her & I don't want to be disrespectful. When I told her that I don't have it, her reply was to ask my husband. She has a lot of nerve. Other than NO, what is the politically correct way to get my point across to her?

She probably has no clue!! My SO never in a million years thought it was this complicated, time consuming or costly.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
hey all..the request for bill paying never stops..NEVER !! u just have to know how to deal with it..wait til he gets here....

and it's not out ofthe norm for many JA men to say they are gonna come and then go back inna a couple of yrsd...but know what..when they start working having bills..things chnage so don;t let it get u too crazy..see i grew up in JA and the feeling is mutual to want to move back to JA some day in the future

wakey baby love I remember that night so well... :devil::thumbs:

hey Mrs.Palmer..where u been girl...Sonny I see u :)

Hey girl! I've been in and out...I try 2 speak here and there, but it's been hard 2 try 2 catch up...and I was looking 4 you guys pics up here...aside from that from what I can tell Lawny is being "rooksed" to death and Wakey is finally bringing her man home!! Boy, what I would do to be either one of them at this point...

walks off looking for my mechanical man and a fresh set of batteries :blush::innocent:

Aha - you si dat Lawny?? Here is another lady who has NO sympathy for you!! :blush:

Timeline
Hey guys...Dwane made it safely. His plane was delayed and Wakey didn't remember to tell him that the train was faster than walking. It walked for a little while and realized quickly that this train kept whizzing by him...so he hoped on and asked where to get off. He looked like he was exhausted, but still trying to take it all in at once. I don't think he was too fond of the flying bit (hated the food and turbulence)

Their first stop after the airport was....none other than KFC. Ah joke...he settled for Popeyes (hopes he likes it)....I departed from them, and went to get my babies.

It was really sweet to see them come together...put their foreheads together and whisper in the middle of big ####### Hartsfield Jackson Airport.

I am totally beat from standing in the airport since 9PM....LAWD! Nite peeps.

Ooooo...sweet. :crying:WELCOME DWANE!!

Timeline
Your right Roxcie, it kind of bothers me, but what can i do but lash out....i know im wrong, but im still mad :rolleyes: i do miss him and i know that he had a life b4 me in JA, It has never bothered me before but for some reasong today, it is pissing me off.

You know what Honey..when hubby and I were 1st dating this would happen and I would flip the hell out! :angry::angry: I mean, here I was in the house at a decent hour and he is at some yaard party til damn near 6 am!! :wacko::wacko: After a while I explained to him why I was so angry--for me it was moreso being worried about what kind of crazies were out there, and making sure he didn't get caught up in any foolishness...so, HE came up with the plan that he would call throughout the party, call when he was about to leave, and call when he got home. I didn't even suggest this--he came up with this plan all on his own!! :thumbs: And trust me when I said he followed the plan to a "T"--no matter what time it was, his silly ####### would call to let me know what was going on at the party, when he was leaving, yadayadayada...Now, he definitely doesn't go out as much like he used to b4 he was married, and even when he does he's in alot earlier, and since I know his core group of people (and they are good people), I don't worry as much. But trust me, I still have my days sometimes...Hang in there girlie!!

This post just made me wonder. So the party is a big deal in JA. Music and beats are always going. Some place is always having a party and the dance style is always "bubblin". What do you ladies (married or engaged), think of your men going to these parties and dancing/bubblin with other girls? Its just dancing, but the way that folks dance in JA vs the way that they dance here is quite different at times. Yet for many folks in JA the "bubblin", is just normal...nothing less nothing more.

Assuming that your man still goes out to the local party every now and then and may get asked to dance, or may not want to hold up the wall all night when he start to feel the vibes (which is probably hard to do cause the music is fiyah an sure to mek yuh baddy move), is it cool for him to dance with other girls?

Mi naw worry - him can't dance!! :rofl: I think it just gets down to the trust issue. They do party and dance much different than we do here, but like you say that's the way it is and what they are used to so they don't look at it like we do. If you trust him/her and have faith in your relationship, it's just a party. And I can bet they are doing same as us when we party - wishing we were there with them while they party!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mi naw worry - him can't dance!! :rofl: I think it just gets down to the trust issue. They do party and dance much different than we do here, but like you say that's the way it is and what they are used to so they don't look at it like we do. If you trust him/her and have faith in your relationship, it's just a party. And I can bet they are doing same as us when we party - wishing we were there with them while they party!

I'm no so sure about them not looking at it like we do. I have EXPERIENCED one TOO MANY...ERRR... :whistle: you know from "bubblin" with men I never cared to know that intimately. One guy even buss ile inna im pants and had to leave the party...VOMIT needless to say I used to love those white shorts. I also beg to differ about it being just a dance for them. Jonesie and I could never understand that if you decide to dance with someone...why do they always "marry" you after the dance?

Basically, you then become their territory...their wifey....no other man better approach you the entire night. *kiss teet* I prefer to dance alone if I'm not with my man...but that is NOT going to happen if yuh come from farrin. i have seen Jamaican women dancing their A** off all night...and men will not even approach. It pisses me off to no end. I am not your free ride to farrin...lay off my a**! :rofl::bonk:

I went to Jus Cheers one night...with Jonesie and Mr. Jonesie...two men started fighting over which one was going to have the chance to "bubble" with me. I mean a real fist fight...then a gun went off...and we hauled a** out of there...the gun was a police officer showing off...totally unrelated to the fight.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Good morning Ladies,

Hope everyone has a good day.

You know after experiencing JA, i have seen the parties and the dancing, and initially i would tell D, dont let none of them big booty gyals be whinin on ya, ok....LOL.. and he would just laugh and say OK, but then i realized i would drive myself nuts if i allowed myself to worry about that, and that being in a LDR requires TRUST, so i figure i have to trust him and let it go( though i dont necessarily have to like it).....

Now the killing thing is, is when i was on the phone being obnoxious with D, about the 4 oclock issue, i asked him how would you feel if i stayed out until 4 am, and he had the nerve to say... there is no place that you need to be until 4 in the morning :o ..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning Ladies,

You know after experiencing JA, i have seen the parties and the dancing, and initially i would tell D, dont let none of them big booty gyals be whinin on ya, ok....LOL.. and he would just laugh and say OK, but then i realized i would drive myself nuts if i allowed myself to worry about that, and that being in a LDR requires TRUST, so i figure i have to trust him and let it go( though i dont necessarily have to like it).....

Now the killing thing is, is when i was on the phone being obnoxious with D, about the 4 oclock issue, i asked him how would you feel if i stayed out until 4 am, and he had the nerve to say... there is no place that you need to be until 4 in the morning :o ..

You are going to drive yourself insane IMHO Honey. If you don't trust him now...bringing him here is not going to change that. I personally feel that American women are waaaaaayyyy more ruthless in their pursuit to snag a man...your man...any man for that matter. Maybe it's not that bad in Michigan...but here in Atlanta? Atlanta women are ruthless! There is always some office drama at my job because some women are fighting over the few straight men working there. One of my employees had the nerve to tell me that if she didn't love me so much, she would be after A...even if she had to fly to Jamaica and find him. WTH!!?? I told her if she could get him that easily...then she just helped me find out he wasn't for me.

The men here know they have the power too. I have been approached with "Look I'm married. I won't lie and tell you that things are bad with my wife. But, I don't mind paying a few bills to keep you happy and satisfied too." I mean it's been a long time since I've actually dated an American man...so I'm like "Wow. Does that really work for you?"

I have a co-worker that was so tired of being alone that she married a "reformed" crackhead. She told me that he had been clean for 10 months that they dated...so she decided to marry him. They have been together now at total of 1 year (he supposedly cleaned up to win her heart...and if he doesn't check in 3-4 times during the day...she thinks he has gone to find a nice little crackhouse). I have another one that is anxiously waiting to START a new relationship with a man in prison. She even signed to have him released to her home and "custody" while on parole. ####! I can't deal with those types of odds.

Jamaica anyone? If I have to compete for those options...I will be called STELLA all day everyday. LOL :rofl::rofl:

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
You are going to drive yourself insane IMHO Honey. If you don't trust him now...bringing him here is not going to change that. I personally feel that American women are waaaaaayyyy more ruthless in their pursuit to snag a man...your man...any man for that matter. Maybe it's not that bad in Michigan...but here in Atlanta? Atlanta women are ruthless! There is always some office drama at my job because some women are fighting over the few straight men working there. One of my employees had the nerve to tell me that if she didn't love me so much, she would be after A...even if she had to fly to Jamaica and find him. WTH!!?? I told her if she could get him that easily...then she just helped me find out he wasn't for me.

The men here know they have the power too. I have been approached with "Look I'm married. I won't lie and tell you that things are bad with my wife. But, I don't mind paying a few bills to keep you happy and satisfied too." I mean it's been a long time since I've actually dated an American man...so I'm like "Wow. Does that really work for you?"

I have a co-worker that was so tired of being alone that she married a "reformed" crackhead. She told me that he had been clean for 10 months that they dated...so she decided to marry him. They have been together now at total of 1 year (he supposedly cleaned up to win her heart...and if he doesn't check in 3-4 times during the day...she thinks he has gone to find a nice little crackhouse). I have another one that is anxiously waiting to START a new relationship with a man in prison. She even signed to have him released to her home and "custody" while on parole. ####! I can't deal with those types of odds.

Jamaica anyone? If I have to compete for those options...I will be called STELLA all day everyday. LOL :rofl::rofl:

Oh my!! Those are some co-workers you have Jawi.

Timeline
okay, y'all so tell me if im wrong.... I am PMS'ing and kind of moody....LOL....

Anyhoo, so D calls me today, sounding like something the cat ran over, so i ask what is wrong with you? He told me he was going to a pool party in his district last night, with his brothers, so no big deal he normally goes and leaves around 130 since he has to work in the morning. Well he says, " me and mi brudda's didnt leave until 400 in the morning!!!! i know i should have left, but mi brudda's wasnt ready fi go.

I said, well first of all, i dont care if your rass is tired, serves you right and secondly we ave a saying here in the states, the only ting open afta two o clock is some legs!!!!!...so anyway he doesnt understand why im pissed, I know JA's normally party until the rooster crows, but dyam.... AM i being unreasonable?????

Oh, Honey.

I see your point. But, you know it's a losing argument in JA. It's all night almost every night. It is what it is.

I wouldn't have any sympathy for him either, though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I know being MAD is easier than saying how lonely we are for our SO. HoneyChild in reference to the other post you posted about do any of our SO talk about going back home after they have been here a while. Yes, Joe and I have talked about it and we want to go back and live in JA, after he has been here 10 to 15 years, or maybe sooner. He told me when we first met that he would want to raise his children in JA. Now, that maybe another discussion we need to have.

I see changes to happen in JA, I know others don't think it's going happen, but I believe it will. I want us to be a part of that change. I look at what is happen in JA now, and I look at the history of the USA and other countries and they all have gone through these same economical situations.

Roxcie

It's not just the economics for me at this point. It's the violence. Things I have been reading lately are comparing this time to the 70's in Jamaica. That is just scary.

There are a few other factors as well.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Good morning Ladies,

You are going to drive yourself insane IMHO Honey. If you don't trust him now...bringing him here is not going to change that. I personally feel that American women are waaaaaayyyy more ruthless in their pursuit to snag a man...your man...any man for that matter. Maybe it's not that bad in Michigan...but here in Atlanta? Atlanta women are ruthless! There is always some office drama at my job because some women are fighting over the few straight men working there.

Honey; I'd have to agree with Jawi on the trust. Marcel would go out with his friends and be out until 6 or later. They usually leave the club and go to a street dance. I NEVER had any issues with it and he never and still does not have any issues with me hanghing with my girls. In November while we were at Pier One this girl from England tried to push her big behind on him...he'd move and she'd move. His friends and I were watching and cracking up, so you know what I had to do...walk over there and show her who had the biggest BAXIDE. We didn't see her for the rest of the night. He says women alway try him... Like my husband say, you have to know what you want when you start a relationship. For someone as young as he is, the things that come out of his mouth just make me say wow...this is why I love this man. He has values when it comes to love, life, family and friends and that's why I love him so much. He also reminds me of my father. My dad didn't have much growing up, but managed to make it on his own and did very well. My father said if he had to walk from one end of othe world to the other end to make sure his family was saf, healthy and happy...he would do it.

Jawi -- you not joking about the men in ATL...OMG...girl don't get me started. If my cell phone was able to take pictures or record videos back in the day. I've also learned that I'm not going to just settle for the best in a man...I want a make who can not only rock my world, but give me something to appreciate at the end of the day.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.