Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Claire,

I found a non-stop one way ticket on Air Jamaica for $219 (taxes included). The flight departs MBJ on August 3rd.

Kelia

Thanks Kelia, but he is leaving from Kingston and he wants to leave on August 31st. He also prefers to fly AJ because as of right now they do not have this BS charging for second bag as everyone else does. :angry:

Good looking out. :thumbs:

I just went to the AJ site and the ticket is US$210.62 from Kingston to Orlando with a two hour stop-over in Mobay.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill.........if you DO this now, you know the visa is not the end. She will be bugging you for the rest of the process to help her (i.e. do everything) all the way through. Do you really want her calling you 12 years from now and every 10 after??????????????????????

AMEN. If she want a new date she should be the person to call or email to request it. Give a woman a fish or teach her how fi find dem and cook dem wi di head still pon. :rofl:

Ladies;

Guess what? My STALKER is back. But she changed her name. Baby girl, I know you're lurking. Thanks for all the e-mails to my yahoo account. I didn't bother to read them...well, just one. I'm not going to entertain you any further....just wanted to put you out there.

I'd just like to add....Get a life and move along!

Can you block the sender's email?

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wakey u is a hot mesas...bandage pon leg ..ahhahahaa..woieieee

Gilli..yuh fren want a rass kick inna har head...leeggo dat..mek she do it her rass self

I LOVE LAURYN HILL...a no di man mek she tun idiot is her rebelious personality..love her same way

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

MY TIME TO VENT;

So, they gave me a party before I got married and one when I got back wich was yesterday, very nice. Why some people have to hate on others. I just got into it with my coworkers I got tired of her comments. I was trying not to say anything, but sometimes you have to kick people in their face. She send an email to several of my co-workers that I'm close to (she doesn't know that)...since she's only beenhere 3 months and I've been working her 11 years and of course the forward it to me. She was like why the hell would someone want to marry a woman with a child and that at my age I should never think about getting married blah...blah...blah and why I my son's father didn't marry me. That should have been a big red flag to my new husband...blah..blah..blah. Then here is the kicker..."I can't believe they gave her all that money she must be dead broke and can't pay her bills"...now, was I wrong for cussing her out.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY TIME TO VENT;

So, they gave me a party before I got married and one when I got back wich was yesterday, very nice. Why some people have to hate on others. I just got into it with my coworkers I got tired of her comments. I was trying not to say anything, but sometimes you have to kick people in their face. She send an email to several of my co-workers that I'm close to (she doesn't know that)...since she's only beenhere 3 months and I've been working her 11 years and of course the forward it to me. She was like why the hell would someone want to marry a woman with a child and that at my age I should never think about getting married blah...blah...blah and why I my son's father didn't marry me. That should have been a big red flag to my new husband...blah..blah..blah. Then here is the kicker..."I can't believe they gave her all that money she must be dead broke and can't pay her bills"...now, was I wrong for cussing her out.

One word, Tre..........JEALOUSY! Do not let her bother you. You had your say, which I agree was warrented. Now walk off holding your head up high.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone like that new song by Jazmine Sullivan " need you bad", the one with Missy Elliot, it has a reggae flavor too it??? I love that song, she reminds me of Lauryn Hill.

Y'all remember she ( lauryn) used to be the bomb...till she met that JA man and lost her mind...didnt want sing no more, just wanted to get some of that good jamaican loving day in and out....

Guess Jamaican men have that effect on everybody ;)

Is that what it is? I thought I was just born crazy. So, HONEY; I can FEDEX you some FISH HEAD soup (with the eyes and teeth) or would you rather GOAT HEAD soup (better know as ) Manish watah (and ya'll know what that's good for)...I know JAWI, Gill, Lita, JG does. They say WOMEN not suppose to drink it. Haaaaaa LIE DAT! :devil:

speaking of food ya yaadies from baan tell me dis..

y dey ave so many vegetables wid di meal LOL.. i do 2 MAYBE TREE here at home,

but RG family dem feed me one meat (fish, mackrel) han mi ave plantain, dumpling, rice, HAN sweet potato..

mi sey LAWD GAWD, mi can tek ongle sooo much STARCHES LOL gwaan put on 20 lbs fa mi lef here!!

Fish head soup is not my favorite. But I like Manish wata( and yes I drink it! ) and goat head & cow cod soup!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Anyone like that new song by Jazmine Sullivan " need you bad", the one with Missy Elliot, it has a reggae flavor too it??? I love that song, she reminds me of Lauryn Hill.

Y'all remember she ( lauryn) used to be the bomb...till she met that JA man and lost her mind...didnt want sing no more, just wanted to get some of that good jamaican loving day in and out....

Guess Jamaican men have that effect on everybody ;)

Is that what it is? I thought I was just born crazy. So, HONEY; I can FEDEX you some FISH HEAD soup (with the eyes and teeth) or would you rather GOAT HEAD soup (better know as ) Manish watah (and ya'll know what that's good for)...I know JAWI, Gill, Lita, JG does. They say WOMEN not suppose to drink it. Haaaaaa LIE DAT! :devil:

speaking of food ya yaadies from baan tell me dis..

y dey ave so many vegetables wid di meal LOL.. i do 2 MAYBE TREE here at home,

but RG family dem feed me one meat (fish, mackrel) han mi ave plantain, dumpling, rice, HAN sweet potato..

mi sey LAWD GAWD, mi can tek ongle sooo much STARCHES LOL gwaan put on 20 lbs fa mi lef here!!

Fish head soup is not my favorite. But I like Manish wata( and yes I drink it! ) and goat head & cow cod soup!

OMG....i love cow cod soup and CONCH soup

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

MY TIME TO VENT;

WHY, why battle ignorants with ignorants. You don't feel she is correct in her statment, right. Get a fly swatter and swatt her away. Every morning, you comes to work with a big chessesy smile on your face, no matter, if your hair is a mess. She on the other hand, is only using her hand, and it is not givining her any satisfaction.

Roxcie :dance:

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Gill.........if you DO this now, you know the visa is not the end. She will be bugging you for the rest of the process to help her (i.e. do everything) all the way through. Do you really want her calling you 12 years from now and every 10 after??????????????????????

:oAYE DIOS MIO!!!!!!!! Yuh dyam right JG , Lawny, Kimkim & Sunny.

I called her back and told her honestly if that were the J'Can embassy dem wouldda hang-up inna yuh ears wan time BOOM!!! I also told her she has to call...I am not the Pet or the Beni or a lawyer...so they will not talk to me and I am not lying to no one!

End of story!

Dyam foolishness!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
MY TIME TO VENT;

WTH!!! you can't be serious that she put that in an email. I would take it to HR for defamation of character. eediat fool dat!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
MY TIME TO VENT;

WHY, why battle ignorants with ignorants. You don't feel she is correct in her statment, right. Get a fly swatter and swatt her away. Every morning, you comes to work with a big chessesy smile on your face, no matter, if your hair is a mess. She on the other hand, is only using her hand, and it is not givining her any satisfaction.

EXACTLY!! I would come in and give har an ish eating grin HEVERY mawning! And yawn inna har face ..."Boy, hubby had me up late again last night! ;);) and giggle while you walk away!!

Dyam outta horder..."Hi Hater...bye hater!!" Yuh cyan sing that as yuh pass har tuh! Some people just don't want to see anyone else happy....'F' har!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

MY TIME TO VENT;

ROXIE;

In all honesty I didn't want to say anything to her, but she was plucking at my nerves. She also made a comment about me taking off so much. Mind you, she's not my boss. I just had to put her in her place and sometimes you have to do that. But to tell you the truth, I would rather get a jar of vaseline, take all 10 of my earings out, put on a pair of TIMBS and kick her A$$, but I'm a LADY. I kow I've mentioned her before. She hates Jamaicans. I would love to take the e-mail and go to HR to complain, but she has 6 kids to feed. I know I'm a wuss.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You are so right... That's one of the reasons why I am proud to say I am Jamaican. We do preserve our culture and that is such a wonderful feeling to have.

My last visit to Ghana was during Ghana's 50th year anniversary of their independence. They had a program celebrating this where this Jamaican man read a poem that his father wrote talking about Ghana and the connections he knew about through his ancestors. It was absolutely remarkable! He even used the very words we have spoken about.

People may not always like the way things are in JA, but you have to respect it because we are a strong people and many notable people have come out of JA who have made impacts in this world...Garvey, Collin Powell, Marley, and so many more. Bob is so powerful that his music still have a big impact today.

Just to think a small island like Jamaica producing such great people. You hafi respeck!

I'm sure your parents (and maybe you!) have heard the saying 'If yuh cyaa ketch Kwaku, yuh ketch him shirt'...A direct reference to Kwaku Anancy....I heard that 'unu', 'yaso' and 'deso' were all African words.

I think that's why Jamaicans are so resistant to change for the majority, you do things the way you were raised and never deviate.....I think it was done to preserve the culture we could remember...

Some one in my has a whole manuscript tracing back our family to the Ashanti's of Ghana. Maroons are a direct decedent of the Ashanti's. I know you heard that the Maroons were warriors... well, the Ashanti's back in the days were fierce in Ghana. They too were warriors who were hard to defeat.

A friend of mine who is also a Maroon, remembers her granny saying words that she knew did not derive from any English words she knew. When she asked my cousins what some of those words meant he was able to translate for her. And she said that the translation made sense in the context that her grandmother used it.

In Ghana they talk about Anansie the spider too....They refer to him as Kwaku Anansie....same stories, same message. There are so many similarities that its crazy...I mow understand even more why roots reggae speaks highly on Africa. It's pretty cool.

So I guess we are truly Sistrens then :lol::thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Ladies, here is my comment when others, parents, siblings, friends, co-workers, metro bus drivers, etc, feels it is their givien right to tell me who I should love, or whom I should let into my life. I ask them, is it right to throw away a whole bushel of apples, because there are some rotten ones in the bottom, or should I simply enjoy the ripe and beautiful ones. If you act right, I might be inclind to share some of the good ones that are still in the basket with you. What you need to know is that this is my apple tree and I will enjoy the fruits from it as I see fit.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.