Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Guys I went to bed but can't sleep.

:ot: All this talk about airline tickets have me wondering. Mike called a travel agency in Ja and got a quote for a flight to Orlando and was given JA$48,000 for a Delta flight. :wow: I asked him if it was a first class ticket and he said no. I kindly tole him to call AJ or the airline itself and it is sure to be cheaper. He called AJ and was given JA$22,000. I like this is really too much so I went on line and checked for my self. The oneway ticket to Orlando is listed as US$144 + $96 or so for tax. A little over US$200. If I convert it to Ja money at say JA$70 to US$1 that would eqal about JA$14,000 or so. Why is the ticket more expensive if purchased in JA? Anyone with a clue about the price variations?

Lawny you might be able to answer that for me since I know you all purchased Marcel's ticket in JA (assuming).

Clairern. I have purchase tickets from JA and they always cost more than the ones I purchase state side. One there is another tax that they charges addition to the ones you pay state side. Also note, if the ticket is purchase state side, at the time of departure they still charge for that additionbal tax. It can be anywhere from 8.00 to 32.00 dollars. I for one would not purchase my ticket in JA, I would purchase an e- ticket here and pay the additional tax.

Roxcie

So in essence, it would be more cost effective of I purchase an e-ticket for him and let him pay whatever additional taxes they want (I think that is what used to be called the departure tax at one time). Well, I will just have to see what happens.

Thanks for your opinion on this. :thumbs:

:ot: All this talk about airline tickets have me wondering. Mike called a travel agency in Ja and got a quote for a flight to Orlando and was given JA$48,000 for a Delta flight. :wow: I asked him if it was a first class ticket and he said no. I kindly tole him to call AJ or the airline itself and it is sure to be cheaper. He called AJ and was given JA$22,000. I like this is really too much so I went on line and checked for my self. The oneway ticket to Orlando is listed as US$144 + $96 or so for tax. A little over US$200. If I convert it to Ja money at say JA$70 to US$1 that would eqal about JA$14,000 or so. Why is the ticket more expensive if purchased in JA? Anyone with a clue about the price variations?

Lawny you might be able to answer that for me since I know you all purchased Marcel's ticket in JA (assuming).

Girl,

Do it online. Same rass foolishness when he went to the AJ office in Mobay. I paid $241/US for his one-way ticket. If he purchased it in Jamaica it would have been $340/US. So, when I called she was trying to tell me about this and that fee and taxes and it being a paper ticket and that it's one-way. Mi jus hang up my phone and book it online.

:wow: that is what it is? All taxes and paying for a paper ticket? Well looks like we will be booking on line.

Claire....

If you purchase online, they should include that departure tax in the ticket price. I booked Andre's out online and we weren't charged anything extra on departure.

Paper tickets have always costed you an additional charge. The internet is a thing of beauty as far as that goes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey,

Nevermind them.... this is your life and your doing what will make you happy. You have your VJ family pulling for you girl. I once told my mother that I'm doing what I want to do now, and that's all that needs to be said about it. Case closed. If for some reason it doesn't work, then guess what. (I just gave an individual a chance to better their own life) and I'll move on.

Focus on the positives and don't let anyone and mostly FAMILY get you down. Sometimes they are your worst ones.... Luv yu gyal...

Sunny, i never thought about it in that context... that is correct. I love D, with my heart, if his intentions arent right, God will deal with him. But at this point in my life, i cant waste time having hate in my heart, and worrying all the time over stuff i cant control. My coworker just left out of my office, 5 minutes ago...saying.. i cant believe your talking about getting married.... :girlwerewolf2xn: it just irks the shyt out of me... never in life have i felt i had to constantly justify my relationships to people... guess im going to have to go back to being evil bytch

Timeline

Clairern. I have purchase tickets from JA and they always cost more than the ones I purchase state side. One there is another tax that they charges addition to the ones you pay state side. Also note, if the ticket is purchase state side, at the time of departure they still charge for that additionbal tax. It can be anywhere from 8.00 to 32.00 dollars. I for one would not purchase my ticket in JA, I would purchase an e- ticket here and pay the additional tax.

Roxcie

So in essence, it would be more cost effective of I purchase an e-ticket for him and let him pay whatever additional taxes they want (I think that is what used to be called the departure tax at one time). Well, I will just have to see what happens.

Girl,

Do it online. Same rass foolishness when he went to the AJ office in Mobay. I paid $241/US for his one-way ticket. If he purchased it in Jamaica it would have been $340/US. So, when I called she was trying to tell me about this and that fee and taxes and it being a paper ticket and that it's one-way. Mi jus hang up my phone and book it online.

:wow: that is what it is? All taxes and paying for a paper ticket? Well looks like we will be booking on line.

Claire....

If you purchase online, they should include that departure tax in the ticket price. I booked Andre's out online and we weren't charged anything extra on departure.

Paper tickets have always costed you an additional charge. The internet is a thing of beauty as far as that goes.

Thanks girl. Ii will take all this into consideration. Just waiting for him to give me the date he wants to leave and we will go from there. Good looking out as usual. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline

Claire....

Thanks girl. Ii will take all this into consideration. Just waiting for him to give me the date he wants to leave and we will go from there. Good looking out as usual. :thumbs:

That's great Claire;

Then you'll be complaining like me and running. :devil:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

So, let me update you all on my friend and her soon to be ex. She's the one that was waiting on an interview date and hubby step outside the marriage to frolick. He keeps calling her and telling her that his STOMACH is making noise and what he must do for money. She told him to go FIND A JOB or better yet, go CHECK the 19 year olf girl he slept with and that she'll call him when the baby is born and sent out announcments to him and his family. She hung up laughing in his ears. He keeps telling her that God is not going to forgive her for what she did. She laughed even louder. He gest the DUMB'A$$ Certificate of the year.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
So, let me update you all on my friend and her soon to be ex. She's the one that was waiting on an interview date and hubby step outside the marriage to frolick. He keeps calling her and telling her that his STOMACH is making noise and what he must do for money. She told him to go FIND A JOB or better yet, go CHECK the 19 year olf girl he slept with and that she'll call him when the baby is born and sent out announcments to him and his family. She hung up laughing in his ears. He keeps telling her that God is not going to forgive her for what she did. She laughed even louder. He gest the DUMB'A$$ Certificate of the year.

Serves him right :angry::angry:

I am going back to bed. This pain meds I took is starting to make me loopy. Talk to you all later. You all have a great productive day. :thumbs:

Then you'll be complaining like me and running.

I don't think so Lawny. LOLL

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Oh My!!! lita i dont think im going to cut them out, but hell usually i will set myself a hair appt for a saturday and then start on Monday taking them down bit by bit, so by Friday im good and my nerves arent stretched, im just having trouble finding the motivation to start.

Mi gyal ow yuh gwan so cheap? Mek yuh pay de same people fe tek dem hout? Mi go and pay $25 hennyday...mi nuh have time fe dem sitten dere...mi do ie wan time and kiss mi neckback...CHA! Mi hown hair mat like wan mongrel dawg!

Ahhhhh Jawi, reading ya patwah posts mek mi miss ya story dem star :crying: ..

Roxcie

Girl,

Claire....

Clairern,

First let me start by saying YES, you will get a better deal on airfare if you purchase his ticket on-line and he has an e-ticket. Second, let me parphharse my statement by saying this is what happen to me when i just purchased 32 rountrip airline tickets for a work aboard programm that I assist with. These tickets were purchased with American Airline; when each and everyone of the ticket holder showed up at the counter for check-in they were informed that they need to pay an additional 8.00 dollars for a departure tax. Note: when I tried to purchase these same tickets from Air jamaica, they informed me that when these tickets are used the holders would be assessed an additional tax in JA. Since the tax was higher on the Air Jamaica end, I did not use them. Third, does every airline follows this policy, I cannot say.

In typing this I just wanted to clear up my statement, what I as a Travel Agent has experienced in the last 90 to 60 days in purchasing tickets for JA's when they are leaving from JA and returning to JA. Will this be your situation on a one-way ticket, I cannot say that, but please note airlines are changing their ways of doing business every day. That was why I posted my thread about Delta, who now is charging 50 dollars for your second bag flying domestic.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Roxcie

Girl,

Claire....

Clairern,

First let me start by saying YES, you will get a better deal on airfare if you purchase his ticket on-line and he has an e-ticket. Second, let me parphharse my statement by saying this is what happen to me when i just purchased 32 rountrip airline tickets for a work aboard programm that I assist with. These tickets were purchased with American Airline; when each and everyone of the ticket holder showed up at the counter for check-in they were informed that they need to pay an additional 8.00 dollars for a departure tax. Note: when I tried to purchase these same tickets from Air jamaica, they informed me that when these tickets are used the holders would be assessed an additional tax in JA. Since the tax was higher on the Air Jamaica end, I did not use them. Third, does every airline follows this policy, I cannot say.

In typing this I just wanted to clear up my statement, what I as a Travel Agent has experienced in the last 90 to 60 days in purchasing tickets for JA's when they are leaving from JA and returning to JA. Will this be your situation on a one-way ticket, I cannot say that, but please note airlines are changing their ways of doing business every day. That was why I posted my thread about Delta, who now is charging 50 dollars for your second bag flying domestic.

Be Bless

Roxcie

That's a rip off......

I flew on AirJamaica last month and didn't have to pay any seperate taxes. If they are doing this now it must have just went into effect. Not sure. Is this tax only for Jamaican citizens or something? lol I'm confused.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

So Lawny, your friend wont bother to go through with the interview process huh?? What stupid things men can do because of their flesh :angry: and i bet i only lasted a few seconds!!!!

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

So Lawny, your friend wont bother to go through with the interview process huh?? What stupid things men can do because of their flesh :angry: and i bet i only lasted a few seconds!!!!

No, Kish --

She will not. Something you can forgive...this is not one of them. He doesn't even now about the interview date.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

No, Kish --

She will not. Something you can forgive...this is not one of them. He doesn't even now about the interview date.

He is such a dumb #&*!!!

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Roxcie

Girl,

Claire....

Clairern,

Be Bless

Roxcie

That's a rip off......

I flew on AirJamaica last month and didn't have to pay any seperate taxes. If they are doing this now it must have just went into effect. Not sure. Is this tax only for Jamaican citizens or something? lol I'm confused.

Please note, I have stated that the orginal departure was from JA, This does not apply if your orginaly depature is from the USA.

Timeline

Roxcie

Girl,

Claire....

Clairern,

Be Bless

Roxcie

That's a rip off......

Please note, I have stated that the orginal departure was from JA, This does not apply if your orginaly depature is from the USA.

We flew out of JA and Andre's was a one way ticket. We also flew AA. No additional charges.

That being said, I agree with what Roxie said......airlines are ALL changing their way of doing business. It is all about nickle and diming you to death now. If in doubt, have extra cash or a credit card on you/him at departure. Or, call the airline and verify every single detail.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Roxcie

Girl,

Claire....

Clairern,

Be Bless

Roxcie

That's a rip off......

My bad............. Continue on!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.