Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny..u and Marcel is a mess...yes mi know mi delicate..

oonuh guess wah mi deh yah a do...CLEAN!!! 11pm a nite

safe trip Shem

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys I went to bed but can't sleep.

:ot: All this talk about airline tickets have me wondering. Mike called a travel agency in Ja and got a quote for a flight to Orlando and was given JA$48,000 for a Delta flight. :wow: I asked him if it was a first class ticket and he said no. I kindly tole him to call AJ or the airline itself and it is sure to be cheaper. He called AJ and was given JA$22,000. I like this is really too much so I went on line and checked for my self. The oneway ticket to Orlando is listed as US$144 + $96 or so for tax. A little over US$200. If I convert it to Ja money at say JA$70 to US$1 that would eqal about JA$14,000 or so. Why is the ticket more expensive if purchased in JA? Anyone with a clue about the price variations?

Lawny you might be able to answer that for me since I know you all purchased Marcel's ticket in JA (assuming).

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

One thing I have always thought is you pay more when you talk to an actual person because they charge more to compensate salaries.

That is a gigantic difference, though, Claire. I would not be happy with that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
more Jamaican gossip then I know about my own city....even after I read all the papers and watch the news. Everyone we know in Jamaica knows everything about everyone else.

Yuh dyam right...Ken came bolting upstairs last night after speaking to Marcel all in a teather about someone they both knew. After he told me I was like..."Alrighty then..." :huh:<_< and started walking away... and then he shouts... "and don't tell yuh VisaJourney Sistren dem bout dis!!" I didn't want to hurt his feelings and tell him that ya'll (like myself) probably wouldn't give a rat's batty about his foo-foo gossip! Cho! :lol: :lol:

Gill;

I wish it was gossip, but it's the truth. The boy (not man) is a damn EDIAT. Mi a tell u...mi nevah know seh punny can mek a man tun inah ediat.

Dangit, you big teases...........someone tell me, PLEASE!

okay cause now mi want to know too

Dyam it afta all...now look what I've done! Ken ah guh kill me! :unsure: Ok, some guy from HI was dating two women from the UK. A young lady and an older lady. The younger lady filed for him and brought him to the UK. Well, the eeidat bwoy went fuh guh check fuh the older lady...dem mussi rooks and ask mi if deh older lady nuh call police pon em and tell dem that the guy raped her.

Now, homeboy has been sitting in jail for 2 weeks and can't get bail! The younger lady is standing by his side and they are suppose to get married in September.

Lawny is that right..cause Ken was telling me this while he was in the shower and I think I lost some of it.

Gill

just sitting here shaking my head

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Is there any POSSIBLE way for me to get at least 4 hours sleep per night, besides sleeping in my son's room. But DAMN a sister needs her rest. Remember I was in Jamaica 2 weeks before he got here. I want to do the wifely thing, but mi need some rass rest. So, how do I break it to him gently. If I don't soon, ya'll going to have to start gathering donations to send me to a chiropractor or an orthopod. :devil:

DISCLAIMER: Don't want to offend anyone, but honestly, ya'll are like my sisters and I mean that to the core of my heart.

JAWI;

I'm still cleaning brownstew of my keyboard.

This one is easy. Take backshot EVERYTIME...but prepare for it first. set up about tree pillows unda yuh hips and pelvis dem...so yuh nuh have fe use your own foot too much. Lean ova de stack of pillows, lay your head on your forearms or another pillow...then let him have at it. When you buss nuff ile inna yuh back...yuh can go to sleep and let him keep having at it. Practice mek snore sound like moan.

*Disclaimer*

A pure joke mi run. De best way his fe find some crazy position and hope im catch wan charlie horse (cramp) inna him foot dem. If dat nuh work...den tek yuh miggle finga and form a mini-fist fe punch im inna him foot muscle til dem cramp.

Mek him carry heavy tings and trow im back hout fe a few days. Hmmmm...mi neva run frum ile bussin...so dis a likkle harder den mi tink...Soon come wid more.

:devil::blush::blink::blink::innocent:

Kiss mi neck**** mi dehyah a dead....JAWI GIRL You're crazy. I thought GILL was crazy, but you killing me tonight. Dead wid laugh at mek snore sound like moan...girl, if I get another CRAMP I'm won't be able to use my legs at all. Girl, thanks. I make sure to PM you when I need a good laugh.

I'm going to take notes....

mi figet yuh neva dere bout when mi run pure joke an ting inna yaadie thread. Mi wan eediat fe tru...dat's why mi like yuh frum yuh bawn...reminds mi of mi.

let's see...try to pour some honey down there...then when he goes to pull away...tell him oonu stuck togetha til im breed yuh. wrap yuh foot dem round im waist and mek im carry yuh all ova de house. Yuh eva see two dawg get catch? waaaaaaiiieeee

pretend fe faint frum de pure joy of ile bussin...truss mi ie will scare im...den tell im yuh heart lef yuh...cuz ie tuh weak fe all de sudden stimuli.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl:

Jawi you have me snorting over here, but the backshot thing sounds like a good idea. I try letting him go to bed first...dat way he can drop sleep before i creep inna di bed....it does have a low success rate...but i'm working on that...

Timeline
:ot:

i am kind of down.. my ex and I have been doing vistiation every other week since our separation. Every once and a while he will say he needs them and shorten my week or ask me to keep them longer when he needs to do something. I haven't made much noise about it cuz right now neither one of us have more rights than the other until the divorce. I just try and hold my piece cuz unlike him I care if my kids see us battling it out. He had the nerve to try and argue w/ me about who calls me on my phone right in the hospital room after my daughters surgery. :protest: NOW, He is gonna tell me he is taking the kids on the first day of school.. it is not even his week, but it is the first day of school so he says he is gonna keep them.

I saw a lawyer yesterday cuz I am tired of this mess, I see now he is not the kind of person I can make an agreement with.. I will need legal help. Unfortunately, everybody wants thousands of dollars to get things going..I don't qualify for legal aid cuz i make too much money. :angry: That don't mean I have all that money after bills!!

school is on the 11th.. i have never missed a first day of skool!! He on the other hand has never been there on the first day of school. he is trying to do all this superdad stuff now cuz beside providing shelter, food and clothing he hasn't done much else. Gosh, I guess I should just leave it alone and wait for the courts to decide, but its not fair.. i would just keep them home w/me, but I know he would raise hell.. i don't know..

i am soo mad at myself for ending up w/ such an evil person. I wish I could rewind my life or fast forward it..Thanks for letting me rant...

DQ - if it is your week, don't give it up. You have every right to keep them, just say no and put your foot down! :angry: It is great to be able to be flexible because schedules change and its easier that way on the kids, but you don't have to give them up on something that is important to you just because you have been.

First day of school is always mine, no matter what. I'm the one who makes sure they always have what they need before school starts and I'm the one out there with the camera taking the photos and crying cause my babies are getting on the bus. And my kids like it that way as well because they know Mom's house is the stable house - if something needs to be done or they need to get something for school they tell mom and don't think about it again because mom always comes through.

Furthermore, check online for your state Courts. Most of the family courts are very user friendly now and will probably have all the info you need to get yourself along. I know here the ladies that work at family court are always willing to help and answer questions, without giving legal advice. PM me if you want to talk more.

who says just one parent has to go up to the school?

Timeline
Wha yuh chat bout? mi nuh knoa wha yuh seh.

Mi send hout a prayer for you...then I saw that you were in the thread...and I ran and jumped in your lap and kissed you and stuff....and...and...I missed you that's all!

LOL!! Aw, luv yug girl. :luv:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Hey Ladies, that is kind of what i am planning, we will get married officially in the states in front of a JP, but im kind of planning a commitment type ceremony, where his family can be present and a few of my friends and family. I can do it on the beach, and still feel like i had something special.

Honey you seem like you have so much planned out already. Why are you waiting so long to file the paperwork then? I keep thinking you are already waiting for an NOA2, but then I see you havent filed yet.

Lita, cause i know from November to january, financially i am stretched, plus i want my mom and my sons to " officially" meet D first before we are off and running. I feel like im in a hurry, but at the same time im not, i know once we file, we still have 6-9 months or so to go, so it gives me something to do, to plan ahead. I tend to be super anxious...if you guys cant tell...LOL>. and hi strung and i know once i drop that first packet in the mail, my nerves are going to be a mess, from start to finish :blink:

Lawd gyal YES mi a tell!! Mi nuh knoa a wha yuh fi do when yuh REALLY in the thick of dis ere. Mek sure oonu hol on tuh di Yardie thread fi tru.

Timeline
okay, serious question...no matter how bad it sounds...LOL.... do they sell Ensure or Boost in JA? cuz my SO needs some, i cant get any weight on him till he gets here, but he lost weight behind his car accident and he is thin. Hell if i "throw" it the wrong way, i might hurt him...LMAO :devil:

WOnder if i can pack some in my suitcase and take it with me???

WAAAAHHHHAAAA!!! :rofl:

Timeline
okay, serious question...no matter how bad it sounds...LOL.... do they sell Ensure or Boost in JA? cuz my SO needs some, i cant get any weight on him till he gets here, but he lost weight behind his car accident and he is thin. Hell if i "throw" it the wrong way, i might hurt him...LMAO :devil:

They do but it's called something different, like Nutrigen or something to that effect.

A Supligen yuh chat bout? Evan was always on that stuff chat bout all the nutrients an thangs :blink: .

Timeline
Is there any POSSIBLE way for me to get at least 4 hours sleep per night, besides sleeping in my son's room. But DAMN a sister needs her rest. Remember I was in Jamaica 2 weeks before he got here. I want to do the wifely thing, but mi need some rass rest. So, how do I break it to him gently. If I don't soon, ya'll going to have to start gathering donations to send me to a chiropractor or an orthopod. :devil:

DISCLAIMER: Don't want to offend anyone, but honestly, ya'll are like my sisters and I mean that to the core of my heart.

JAWI;

I'm still cleaning brownstew of my keyboard.

This one is easy. Take backshot EVERYTIME...but prepare for it first. set up about tree pillows unda yuh hips and pelvis dem...so yuh nuh have fe use your own foot too much. Lean ova de stack of pillows, lay your head on your forearms or another pillow...then let him have at it. When you buss nuff ile inna yuh back...yuh can go to sleep and let him keep having at it. Practice mek snore sound like moan.

*Disclaimer*

A pure joke mi run. De best way his fe find some crazy position and hope im catch wan charlie horse (cramp) inna him foot dem. If dat nuh work...den tek yuh miggle finga and form a mini-fist fe punch im inna him foot muscle til dem cramp.

Mek him carry heavy tings and trow im back hout fe a few days. Hmmmm...mi neva run frum ile bussin...so dis a likkle harder den mi tink...Soon come wid more.

:devil::blush::blink::blink::innocent:

Jawi, AH WAH DI RASS!!!!??!!!!! :blink:

Timeline

They do but it's called something different, like Nutrigen or something to that effect.

TL;

I'm so happy for you..

You have Supligen and Nutrament, but I think those have more sugar in it than Ensure or boost.

Honey; you can carry it in your suitcase, but it weighs a lot (depends on how much your carry). I bring about a dozen when I go to visit grandmother. They do sell it in Jamaica, but it's VERY expensive.

Talking about gaining weight, my husband has put on 12lbs since the 4th of July and I'm looking at him and trying to find out where the weight is :devil: (I'm so BAD)....

Not sure if "D" like hardo bread, white rice or spicy bun, but he will gain a lot of weight eating that. For the 2 weeks my little brother was in Jamaica he packed on 10lbs and I lost 11. For some reason, I alwasy lose weight when I go home and I eat 3 times the amount of food. What's up with that.

Yeah!!!! That happens to me too. I wonder why??? :o

The same thing happens to me...I think its the stress level of being in America. Even when I went to Ghana for 3 months I dropped like 30 pounds. My granny has been in JA for over a year (she act like she dont wanna come back to the US :lol: ) and my aunt went to visit her her and said she is magga like a dog.

I lose weight fast in JA too, an mi already maaga!! So it is bad when I stay down there for awhile. Last time I stayed there for awhile after the wedding I lost so much weight my pants and shorts were litterally falling off my behind. I figured its from all the walking and heat, and I dont really eat all that well there either.

I'm sure your parents (and maybe you!) have heard the saying 'If yuh cyaa ketch Kwaku, yuh ketch him shirt'...A direct reference to Kwaku Anancy....I heard that 'unu', 'yaso' and 'deso' were all African words.

I think that's why Jamaicans are so resistant to change for the majority, you do things the way you were raised and never deviate.....I think it was done to preserve the culture we could remember...

Some one in my has a whole manuscript tracing back our family to the Ashanti's of Ghana. Maroons are a direct decedent of the Ashanti's. I know you heard that the Maroons were warriors... well, the Ashanti's back in the days were fierce in Ghana. They too were warriors who were hard to defeat.

A friend of mine who is also a Maroon, remembers her granny saying words that she knew did not derive from any English words she knew. When she asked my cousins what some of those words meant he was able to translate for her. And she said that the translation made sense in the context that her grandmother used it.

In Ghana they talk about Anansie the spider too....They refer to him as Kwaku Anansie....same stories, same message. There are so many similarities that its crazy...I mow understand even more why roots reggae speaks highly on Africa. It's pretty cool.

So I guess we are truly Sistrens then :lol::thumbs:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning fam

What a day yesterday. Mi awake since 3 ah logged pon at 4 to see what mi amiss. Di thread was popping off di collar fi tru.

Honey mi glad all dat mis info bout di marriage in JA on a K1 cleared up. When mi ah first read ie mi say if dis de case why dem have di many diffferent visa types same wey. :blink: Mi miss chat t yu last night.

Lawny mi soon inna de same rockin boat but mi kno have sympathy fi ya mi gal - Badman fforward badman pull up :devil::blush:

Jawi yu a fool and mek me spit ou mi oatmeal.

Soon as mi gi home yesteday di drama start. Mi likkle brotha don'e approve of mi marrying Dwayne. Him sey him knoa many jamaican dat tell him ow dem use ooman. Him cyannt name one of dem to me!!

Long story short we screamed at each other for a while and I hung up on him. He then calls my mom to 'tell on me'. He tells her that I'm choosing a man I don't even know over him and family. That Dwayne is just using me rah rah rah.

Man if mi a si him mi a bust him inna did bloudclouut mouf!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.