Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Got this e-mail from the embassy this morning after I've been waiting for weeks. Why do they always reply after you've already got your answer? I was like well golly gee THANKS.

Dear Madam

Our system is showing that the applicant is now eligible for an appointment however the system has not generated this date as yet. When a date becomes available the applicant will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Kingston IV

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
D is so used to being on the go, hopping in a cab, working day in and day out, till i think he is going to be in for a BIG shock when he gets here. He is talking about bartending here, im like Babe, bartending isnt going to pay the bills, so you might want to reconsider...LOL

We had that discussion too. The only thing I was concerned about was health insurance as it is cheaper for him to have his own through work then for me to put him on mine here. There was only one bartending job that offered that here and it was at a swanky hotel. He had a 2nd interview; but in the end did not get it.

We have discussed him bartending part-time as a second job and that I am fine with. It's just that any full-time job has got to have some benefits.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
D is so used to being on the go, hopping in a cab, working day in and day out, till i think he is going to be in for a BIG shock when he gets here. He is talking about bartending here, im like Babe, bartending isnt going to pay the bills, so you might want to reconsider...LOL

It does up here - Bartenders make as much money on the weekend as I do working all damn week! Just have to take the course put out by the state so you know the rules of drunkeness.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Got this e-mail from the embassy this morning after I've been waiting for weeks. Why do they always reply after you've already got your answer? I was like well golly gee THANKS.

Dear Madam

Our system is showing that the applicant is now eligible for an appointment however the system has not generated this date as yet. When a date becomes available the applicant will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Kingston IV

Hehe...crazy .... :wacko: Is this in response to your e-mail of last week?

I sent them an e-mail asking where the he!! is my interview date! :angry: I'll see if they respond.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear Madam

Thank you.

Kingston IV

I sent them an e-mail asking where the he!! is my interview date! :angry: I'll see if they respond.

This is the response from the first e-mail. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Hi everybody just sayin hello hope u all r stayin cool n havin a great summer :):star: ive been out of work on disablility since june lookin at the 4 walls!!!! i need to take up hobby! any suggestions

hey JA baby love..

good to "see" u and hope the fam is doing well, no advice on hobby's, mine is looking for a new job LOL

l8r sweetie..

I been thinking of new jobs also but not just yet! i think ill take up crocheting or trying to make a baby blanket.

You are crocheting baby blankets, because you are expecting?

Roxcie

Filed: Timeline

Dear Madam

Thank you.

Kingston IV

SYSTEM generates a date?????????? That's not how it works with K-1 to my understanding. Before my brother's friend got his date 8/19 he was told that the system was down several times. Then on a latter e-mail they told him the person that sets the appts has booked all the non-immigrants slots for July. So, which is it?

This is the response from the first e-mail. lol

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all....Kim how u feeling ?

So i am pissseddddd offf !!!

I have never destroyed a phone before nr has Kimora from she born..OK!

she can dial her nana and aunty dem and ting right..lawd mi know wah she do mi phone won't even turn on..mi a tell yuh brand new phone mi get last month.... :ranting: so now mi affi wait fi get one new one in the mail...cause mi call ATT and tell dem mi no know wah happen it just no turn on....have mercy on my soul !!

Inhale...exhale Chica...it will be ok! Yuh doan knoa ow dem pickney stay...dem neva mean nuttin til someting appen! The phone soon reach!

JALOVEY!!!! How are things...new job may be good...are you still heart set on TX?

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
My dad was the same way, but after i got my spoonful of Cod liver oil, i got a spoonful of sugar behind it :crying:

i always promised i would never make my kids endure those down south old skool doctorings i had to endure. Shoot and we dont even want to talk about the personal things my mom thinks you can do with a little capful of bleach...LOL

Lawny, your pics are pretty....congrats again.

I cant wait until i am able to meet you all, VJ is such a big support, because FINALLY you can talk to someone who understands what your going thru and doesnt look at you like you have two heads.

i know what u mean honey.. my friend is in Nigeria meeting her online boyfriend of about 8 mnths (its funny how many from africa meet online and many of us meet on vacations or are yaadies from bawn)

anyway he proposed and her mother is sooo UPSET with her.. calling her foolish and going all the way over their for some you know what (we think we got it bad, anywhere in africa is at least $2000 airfare!!!) and he is just lying to her anyway.

just spoiled the whole thing, i mean I would tell anyone to be wary cuz of course there is alot of fraud, but there is a way and a time to do everything. I know her mom just wants her to THINK about this but she is an adult and she will have to make her own mistakes. I keep telling her to come on VJ cuz just when all the negativity that people throw at u can make u start second guessing, then u read someone's story and know that it CAN work, its not easy, but it CAN WORK!!!

That is soo true QuANA, i only have a few friends, well hell maybe only one or two, who understand me and D's relationship. The other day me and him had a little argument and i was talking to my friend about it, she is gonna say " how you going to have an argument with someone in Jamaica?" like i havent been telling her for months, that i am involved, she also made reference to our relationship being a " fling", and me and her are close, so that kind of hurts. No matter what people cant and wont understand, what we go thru and they think we are crazy. But the really killing part of her comments is that her boyfriend of 5 years, has been in and out of jail, is missing a tooth in the front and has a crack problem...LOL... i hate to talk bad about her, because when she met him and i have known him for 18 years, he was my Ex's best friend, he was fine, but somehow got caught up in the allure of recreationally getting high and now is Pookie. So if all i have to deal with is a few trips to JA every couple of months until we are together as opposed to D, getting clean, falling off the wagon, going to rehab, stealing ####### out of the house for drugs and loosing more teeth, the more drugs he does, then i will take my Jamaican man anyday.

WHAAA?? mi nuh wan no pookie eidda!!! sound like she need to come to JA and get her a "fling" too :rofl:

Filed: Timeline
Tre...oh gosh! You were a stunning bride! You can definitely tell what pulled Marcel toward you before he found out how loveable your personality is...that batty...his hands and/or eyes NEVER left that area.... :rofl::rofl:

Jawi;

You crazy. You know that's why he was following me around the hotel for 3 days before he could talk to me. He tried the first day, but I quickly brushed him off. Didn't know he was admiring me the rest of the time. Jawi, he's my soulmate. We've had little arguments (about him moving my things around), but all he has to do is smile at me and I'm not mad anymore. During our ceremony he smiled the entire time. His eyes never left mine. It was short, but absolutely beautiful. I think if I had a big wedding I would not have remember all the tiny details (that means so much later on in life).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
mi no tink meh wan no fish nibbling on my feet. Erotic...WTH????lol

I can imagine it might "feel" erotic, but the moment I look down there and see it is freaking LIL FISH NIBBLING AT MY TOES??? mi jump out di dyam chair so fas!! HELL NO! hey to each his own as Roxie seh LOL

Last day of 'freedom' tiddeh :dance:

Went out looking for something to wear yesterday, ended up getting 3 suits from Ross for $60!!!

Good luck! My sister-in-law LOVES Ross in South Carolina. The best I have up here like it is TJ Maxx. But why do you need suits if you are working from home??

I'm actually going to be working at the airport!

The translation job is something I would do AS well!!

Yuh si, mi nuh satisfied wid juss ONE job at a time :rofl:

Went out looking for something to wear yesterday, ended up getting 3 suits from Ross for $60!!!

I hope tomorrow is the first day of a really great job for you, JAE.

Hoping so too!!

I am still job hunting though, I am DETERMINED to earn what I did in London lol!!

I applied in Sears for a part time job doing photography, they have two people leaving next month they say. They also think they will have no problem slotting in with my schedule at the other job I'm starting.

Wow, that's nice. I like the Ross in Waldorf. I'm so happy for you.

Sunny, they have a WICKED sale on right now!!

Got a Jones New York blazer for my MIL for $16, original price $199!!!!!!!

We have discussed him bartending part-time as a second job and that I am fine with. It's just that any full-time job has got to have some benefits.

I am so happy my husband's insurance is really good.

It meant I didn't have to give a second thought to any benefits offered.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Dammit....I just had to call the job I'm NOT taking and tell them, I HATED having to do it, but he was really nice about it!

Told me he was sorry I didn't take the job, but if ever it worked out for me, he'd be more than happy for me to give him a call....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I bought my husband up here Feb 08, thinking what we really had was a marriage. Come to find out that we really didnt. Once he located his family and established relationships he moved a couple states away. What can I do, could i send him back? I discovered that he neither his family care for americans and thought all types of things of me. I feel horrible. I bought him up here, and has supported him since because he still hasnt worked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.