Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And here is the link to see the others:

http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n395/Trelawny08/

You were a beautiful bride Lawny. :innocent:

And um, was that the start of the dutty whine you were doing in that one photo?? :whistle:

You are absolutely gorgeous, Tre. Beautiful wedding pictures. I'm so happy for you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And um, was that the start of the dutty whine you were doing in that one photo?? :whistle:

Island;

Thanks. I told you I was acting a fool that day. He was trying to be all serious and yes, I needed help to get off the ground, because after that posing I fell on my behind. I just had fun and prented that I was at the beach somewhere. Did you check out the FLIP FLOPS?

I noticed them right off and thought, that's my kind of gal!!

Marcel looked like he was getting a good look at yer behind. :lol:

By the time Ray gets here I'll be wearing Ugg boots and a parka coat to the wedding. LMAO

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Lita;

My grandmother did the same thing to my brother and I...plus 3 times a week we had to drink garlic tea (none of the kids would come near us) to clean out our system. As a child my brother and I were never sick and I mean NEVER.

Haha! Yea my mom is funny. Man, I would have a big oily forehead and the oil would be dripping down to my nose. And you dare not wipe it off, less you wipe away your blessing. My mom tried to start giving us spoons of fish oil to keep us healthy but that couldnt work for me cause I would gag it soon as it hit my tongue...YUKKK!!

Welome back, Lita!

Lita and Tre -- That sounds like my dad. He would give me cod liver oil to keep us healthy. He even tried to get the cherry flavored kind when I kept complaining about the taste. Cherry flavored cod liver oil --- makes me gag just thinking about it. And my grandmother would boil lemon, garlic, onion and honey together and make us drink it as soon as she heard any sign of a sniffle. It was nasty as heck, but it worked -- cold would be gone by the next day or two, but no one wanted to come near you caused you reeked!

Cod liver Oil!! Yup! Thats what it was. I literally threw it right back up as soon as it hit the back of my throat!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Lita;

My grandmother did the same thing to my brother and I...plus 3 times a week we had to drink garlic tea (none of the kids would come near us) to clean out our system. As a child my brother and I were never sick and I mean NEVER.

Haha! Yea my mom is funny. Man, I would have a big oily forehead and the oil would be dripping down to my nose. And you dare not wipe it off, less you wipe away your blessing. My mom tried to start giving us spoons of fish oil to keep us healthy but that couldnt work for me cause I would gag it soon as it hit my tongue...YUKKK!!

Welome back, Lita!

Lita and Tre -- That sounds like my dad. He would give me cod liver oil to keep us healthy. He even tried to get the cherry flavored kind when I kept complaining about the taste. Cherry flavored cod liver oil --- makes me gag just thinking about it. And my grandmother would boil lemon, garlic, onion and honey together and make us drink it as soon as she heard any sign of a sniffle. It was nasty as heck, but it worked -- cold would be gone by the next day or two, but no one wanted to come near you caused you reeked!

Cod liver Oil!! Yup! Thats what it was. I literally threw it right back up as soon as it hit the back of my throat!

Yuck Lita..... I tried that before when I was younger and it's awful.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Roxie,

Lita;

Welome back, Lita!

LOL, my grandmother was a lil up to date I guess, we had to take a cod liver oil pill everyday, so I didn't taste it, but the garlic pills!!!! SHEESH.. we didn't mind them going down.. but then the caused u to burp every 5 min and the taste OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! :dead:

Timeline

My dad was the same way, but after i got my spoonful of Cod liver oil, i got a spoonful of sugar behind it :crying:

i always promised i would never make my kids endure those down south old skool doctorings i had to endure. Shoot and we dont even want to talk about the personal things my mom thinks you can do with a little capful of bleach...LOL

Lawny, your pics are pretty....congrats again.

I cant wait until i am able to meet you all, VJ is such a big support, because FINALLY you can talk to someone who understands what your going thru and doesnt look at you like you have two heads.

Timeline
My dad was the same way, but after i got my spoonful of Cod liver oil, i got a spoonful of sugar behind it :crying:

i always promised i would never make my kids endure those down south old skool doctorings i had to endure. Shoot and we dont even want to talk about the personal things my mom thinks you can do with a little capful of bleach...LOL

I cant wait until i am able to meet you all, VJ is such a big support, because FINALLY you can talk to someone who understands what your going thru and doesnt look at you like you have two heads.

i know what u mean honey.. my friend is in Nigeria meeting her online boyfriend of about 8 mnths (its funny how many from africa meet online and many of us meet on vacations or are yaadies from bawn)

anyway he proposed and her mother is sooo UPSET with her.. calling her foolish and going all the way over their for some you know what (we think we got it bad, anywhere in africa is at least $2000 airfare!!!) and he is just lying to her anyway.

just spoiled the whole thing, i mean I would tell anyone to be wary cuz of course there is alot of fraud, but there is a way and a time to do everything. I know her mom just wants her to THINK about this but she is an adult and she will have to make her own mistakes. I keep telling her to come on VJ cuz just when all the negativity that people throw at u can make u start second guessing, then u read someone's story and know that it CAN work, its not easy, but it CAN WORK!!!

Timeline

i know what u mean honey.. my friend is in Nigeria meeting her online boyfriend of about 8 mnths (its funny how many from africa meet online and many of us meet on vacations or are yaadies from bawn)

anyway he proposed and her mother is sooo UPSET with her.. calling her foolish and going all the way over their for some you know what (we think we got it bad, anywhere in africa is at least $2000 airfare!!!) and he is just lying to her anyway.

just spoiled the whole thing, i mean I would tell anyone to be wary cuz of course there is alot of fraud, but there is a way and a time to do everything. I know her mom just wants her to THINK about this but she is an adult and she will have to make her own mistakes. I keep telling her to come on VJ cuz just when all the negativity that people throw at u can make u start second guessing, then u read someone's story and know that it CAN work, its not easy, but it CAN WORK!!!

That is soo true QuANA, i only have a few friends, well hell maybe only one or two, who understand me and D's relationship. The other day me and him had a little argument and i was talking to my friend about it, she is gonna say " how you going to have an argument with someone in Jamaica?" like i havent been telling her for months, that i am involved, she also made reference to our relationship being a " fling", and me and her are close, so that kind of hurts. No matter what people cant and wont understand, what we go thru and they think we are crazy. But the really killing part of her comments is that her boyfriend of 5 years, has been in and out of jail, is missing a tooth in the front and has a crack problem...LOL... i hate to talk bad about her, because when she met him and i have known him for 18 years, he was my Ex's best friend, he was fine, but somehow got caught up in the allure of recreationally getting high and now is Pookie. So if all i have to deal with is a few trips to JA every couple of months until we are together as opposed to D, getting clean, falling off the wagon, going to rehab, stealing ####### out of the house for drugs and loosing more teeth, the more drugs he does, then i will take my Jamaican man anyday.

That is soo true QuANA, i only have a few friends, well hell maybe only one or two, who understand me and D's relationship. The other day me and him had a little argument and i was talking to my friend about it, she is gonna say " how you going to have an argument with someone in Jamaica?" like i havent been telling her for months, that i am involved, she also made reference to our relationship being a " fling", and me and her are close, so that kind of hurts. No matter what people cant and wont understand, what we go thru and they think we are crazy. But the really killing part of her comments is that her boyfriend of 5 years, has been in and out of jail, is missing a tooth in the front and has a crack problem...LOL... i hate to talk bad about her, because when she met him and i have known him for 18 years, he was my Ex's best friend, he was fine, but somehow got caught up in the allure of recreationally getting high and now is Pookie. So if all i have to deal with is a few trips to JA every couple of months until we are together as opposed to D, getting clean, falling off the wagon, going to rehab, stealing ####### out of the house for drugs and loosing more teeth, the more drugs he does, then i will take my Jamaican man anyday.

Here, Here, Go Girl. Love your man and let no one tell you different. I will tell anyone that will listern, I love my husband and no one have the right to diss him, because he is from Jamaica. And to tell me that he only love me for one reason is an insult to who I am. How dare anyone tell me I can't tell if I am being loved for me.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

:ot:

Okay, this is for you ladies in the DC/Maryland/Virgina area.... i just read an article in the paper about some new pedicure being offered with fish. It is offered at Yvonne's hair and nail spa, i believe in Alexandria, Va, where you dip your feet into a tank full of baby carp and they nibble the dead skin off of your feet!!!! UUUGHHHH... there are women quoted in the article as saying " this is the best pedicure i ever had, the little fish kind of tickle"....WTH? i swear there is no limit to the retardedness of americans, if someone can come up with or invent it, there is always someone out there to try it.... sheesh...i need to start working on how to get rich.

Okay, this is for you ladies in the DC/Maryland/Virgina area.... i just read an article in the paper about some new pedicure being offered with fish. It is offered at Yvonne's hair and nail spa, i believe in Alexandria, Va, where you dip your feet into a tank full of baby carp and they nibble the dead skin off of your feet!!!! UUUGHHHH... there are women quoted in the article as saying " this is the best pedicure i ever had, the little fish kind of tickle"....WTH? i swear there is no limit to the retardedness of americans, if someone can come up with or invent it, there is always someone out there to try it.... sheesh...i need to start working on how to get rich.

I had heard about this a couple of weeks ago. We Americans will try anything.

Roxcie

Filed: Timeline

You are absolutely gorgeous, Tre. Beautiful wedding pictures. I'm so happy for you.

Thanks everyone...JG - you're going to make me start bawling again. I'm down in the dumps, so once again, i'm on the yardie thread for peace of mind.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Honey;

I'm sitting here cracking up...some of my "sweet" co-workers if you know what I mean did this a few weeks ago and they said it was (this is in their words) "EROTIC" don't ask me to explain...but it was the best pedicure they've every had. Marcel did my fee last night and he did a wonderful job. I'm never going to the nail shop again (except to do my brows). They also told me if you're not ticklish it just feels like you're walking on carpet. I was like okay.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

CIMG0269.jpg

If this works...this is our beautiful Lawny!

Great! That picture just jumped out at me. Dang, can you shave 180lbs off of me.

Here you go!!

xc0pdd.jpg

I HAD to share this!!

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s112.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid112.photobucket.com/albums/n163/DHR-BUCKET/MOV00653.flv"></embed>

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Island;

Thanks. I told you I was acting a fool that day. He was trying to be all serious and yes, I needed help to get off the ground, because after that posing I fell on my behind. I just had fun and prented that I was at the beach somewhere. Did you check out the FLIP FLOPS?

awww...you looked wonderful!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.