13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes...the green and white is Jengs

No i don't mind anyone else seeing the other pics

My family is a mess !

You the ONLY crazy one that I saw :rofl:

u galang...girl how about mi not even taste di black cake

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

I want to point out a few cons in your planning.......

It will cost you 2 round trip plane tickets. More if you have kids.

It will cost you somewhere to stay if you don't say with family.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Visiting him now is expensive. That trip would be very expensive.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

I say all the time...the wedding does not make the marriage....

When I went to Jamanica to get married, I had no idea how my wedding was going to turm out. Let me explain.

My now husband was task with all of the planning for the wedding. the only thing I was tasked with was showing up and inviting whomever I wanted to invite from the States. My wedding took place on 2/27/2008. That date fell on a Wednesday. My husband talked to the pastor of the church, obtained the marriage license and his friends and family put on the reception.

Our marriage vows took place in a very old church in Kingston. There were less than 20 people invited to the wedding. I was married in a cream yellow strapless short gown. I purchased it from Davids Bridal, but I had it cut off above the knee. I wanted to show my sexy leggs.(vain) My husband still laugh about this when I explains its to him. My maid of honor was my brother-in-laws girlfriend, from the states. I didn't asked my girlfriend, because she had just come off of a cruise, and I didn't want to put any hardship on her. Note: to this day she is still mad at me for this. My wedding was small but romantic. Now the reception was one big party that was put on by his friends in the commnunity. We didn't share in the expense of this, so over all my wedding cost me the price of a trip to Jamaica. I am saying all of this to say you can still have your dream wedding in Jamaica, it doesnt have to cost a fortune. Note: my father has agreed to sponsor a reception for us when Joe arrives here in the States. This will be his formal introduction to my side of the family. So I see this a s a win win situation for all.

Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .

Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Marlita, welcome back. How was your trip? Yes, I was glad he wanted a church wedding, since this was a first for both of us. It was very simple, but romantic. So what i was trying to say, is if they want a JA weeding, then do. I didn't even know about the reception until after we were married.

Roxcie

I wanted to church wedding in JA too. It was gonna be in a church too until I realized his denimination has lots of strict rules and such that made me uncomfortable. So we had it on the cliffs in Negril with the ocean as our backdrop. It was amazing. Just in some mans yaad. We rode by the site it this past week when we went on a couples cruise. It was surreal to see it from the ocean side and just remember that day we shared exchanging vows almost a year ago....time flies.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi everybody just sayin hello hope u all r stayin cool n havin a great summer :):star: ive been out of work on disablility since june lookin at the 4 walls!!!! i need to take up hobby! any suggestions

hey JA baby love..

good to "see" u and hope the fam is doing well, no advice on hobby's, mine is looking for a new job LOL

l8r sweetie..

Timeline
Sorry I am late for the B-day Party...I had to run out and get the cake! Hope there's enough for everyone! :hehe:

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday with MANY MANY MANY more to come! :luv:

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Kimmy, I don't know what flavor it is so don't ask! :P

HA..............It's marble with a chocolate fudge stripe running through the middle. MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.........

i was wondering where the cake was, happy b-day JG, wishing you many more, let us know if mr Andre comes thru, i think he will.

Yes and no. We had some extra money so I did get to go buy myself something. And, he took care of me all weekend, doing the chores and cooking everything I like. We went to the movies yesterday and I got to pick what I wanted to see, no arguments. "Ironman" is the bomb, btw. Loved it. He woke me up this morning at 2:30 a.m. to tell me Happy Birthday. He sang to me as he drove me to work....to which I asked why he was punishing me. Now, he works 2-10 today. So, that's about it for the day.

We just had cake here at work and they completely decorated my office. I will be picking up confetti for years, I am sure. I have presents all over the place.

Tonight my mom and dad, the kids, and I, are going to dinner.

It's been a really nice weekend/start to the week.

Ok..so he did what he had to to make up for it! As long as the Birthday Girl is Happy with it how could we not be! :luv:

Gill

P.S.- Wasn't Ironman GOOD!!! I was doubtful about Robert Downey Jr....but he did an AWESOME job!!

JG and Gil.. i will have to check it out. I wasn't into Robert Downey Jr playing an action hero so I slept on it, but sounds like i might have to reconsider..

Timeline

And here is the link to see the others:

http://s337.photobucket.com/albums/n395/Trelawny08/

You were a beautiful bride Lawny. :innocent:

And um, was that the start of the dutty whine you were doing in that one photo?? :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes...the green and white is Jengs

No i don't mind anyone else seeing the other pics

My family is a mess !

note to self lose 20lbs before u let anyone else tek picture of yuh....get eyebrows done....

Jengs, get outta here. You are so pretty. All of you look great.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Jengs...........you were right. Andre and the kids just showed up here with donuts and a bouquet of flowers in a vase from our house. They are beautiful. I think they must've ate some donuts on the way cause all 3 of them are loud and bouncy. It was a nice surprise.

Justin called me from the road to ask a question and I asked where they were and to talk to Andre. They all lied to me even though I could hear they were out and about. When they got here Andre said I told you not to call her, I knew she would know. I think I have bionic ears sometimes!

Glad they were partially able to surprise u :yes: and happy belated ms JG!!!

Timeline

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww... Nice pictures Lawns. You said Marcels was cheesing, but so were you girl. I'm happy for you.

ROC

Timeline
Finally today I call State Dept and Ray is good to go. Just waiting on the interview now. Can the church say "AMEN"

AMEN !!!!(as I throw my hands up in the air) interview is just around the corner I am sure

LMAO.... I waiting now with Islandwoman and Jski, so hopefully we will all hear something soon.

ROC

Filed: Timeline

And um, was that the start of the dutty whine you were doing in that one photo?? :whistle:

Island;

Thanks. I told you I was acting a fool that day. He was trying to be all serious and yes, I needed help to get off the ground, because after that posing I fell on my behind. I just had fun and prented that I was at the beach somewhere. Did you check out the FLIP FLOPS?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry I am late for the B-day Party...I had to run out and get the cake! Hope there's enough for everyone! :hehe:

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday with MANY MANY MANY more to come! :luv:

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Kimmy, I don't know what flavor it is so don't ask! :P

Ditto....Enjoy your B-day Kell!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The Pics were really nice Lawny but what exactly WERE

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.