Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trelawany - how many hats does Marcel have? I see he's sporting the orange one.

SJB - He has a total of 15 right now and I told him if he buys another one I'm going to RING his neck. His hats have to match his shirt and it drives me nuts. Talking about don't ya'll buy handbags to match your shoes. I was like HELL NO not me. If I did, you would have no space in the closet.

ISLAND (don't tell Kimmy), but I had some foilpaper in the car.

JG --- you can't see me cause a KIMMY belli...she's all belly...she don't gain weight no weh else. :angry: If I could be so blessed.

It hasn't been a flash in the pan thing for us. He still has to buy hats. I told him if he bought a Mets, Yankee's, Red Sox, or Cubs hat, I would tie him up and burn them in front of him. Sorry, ladies who live in those respective states. It's a St. Louis baseball thing!

Lawny & Kimm, you look absolutely beautiful in those pictures.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SJB - He has a total of 15 right now and I told him if he buys another one I'm going to RING his neck. His hats have to match his shirt and it drives me nuts. Talking about don't ya'll buy handbags to match your shoes. I was like HELL NO not me. If I did, you would have no space in the closet.

JG --- you can't see me cause a KIMMY belli...she's all belly...she don't gain weight no weh else. :angry: If I could be so blessed.

It hasn't been a flash in the pan thing for us. He still has to buy hats. I told him if he bought a Mets, Yankee's, Red Sox, or Cubs hat, I would tie him up and burn them in front of him. Sorry, ladies who live in those respective states. It's a St. Louis baseball thing!

Glad you didn't say Nationals.. LOL But, it really wouldn't matter anyway because I like football and basketball.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
When I went to Jamanica to get married, I had no idea how my wedding was going to turm out. Let me explain.

My now husband was task with all of the planning for the wedding. the only thing I was tasked with was showing up and inviting whomever I wanted to invite from the States. My wedding took place on 2/27/2008. That date fell on a Wednesday. My husband talked to the pastor of the church, obtained the marriage license and his friends and family put on the reception.

Our marriage vows took place in a very old church in Kingston. There were less than 20 people invited to the wedding. I was married in a cream yellow strapless short gown. I purchased it from Davids Bridal, but I had it cut off above the knee. I wanted to show my sexy leggs.(vain) My husband still laugh about this when I explains its to him. My maid of honor was my brother-in-laws girlfriend, from the states. I didn't asked my girlfriend, because she had just come off of a cruise, and I didn't want to put any hardship on her. Note: to this day she is still mad at me for this. My wedding was small but romantic. Now the reception was one big party that was put on by his friends in the commnunity. We didn't share in the expense of this, so over all my wedding cost me the price of a trip to Jamaica. I am saying all of this to say you can still have your dream wedding in Jamaica, it doesnt have to cost a fortune. Note: my father has agreed to sponsor a reception for us when Joe arrives here in the States. This will be his formal introduction to my side of the family. So I see this a s a win win situation for all.

That's great that the community came together like that for you two. :thumbs:

This was a surprise to me aswell. Joe knew about it before hand, but he didn't want to tell me, because I kept saying I wanted a very small wedding. No more than 7 people . He said that wasn't possible, because he his from a large family. So about 20 showed up for the church wedding vows, but the entire communtiy showed up for the reception. After the reception was over I asked, how much did this cost them. Joe stated that the community was paying him back for things he had done for them over the years. One of the things Joe had started doing was when he worked here in the states, he would send school supplies home to be given out to the community kids. I will continue that process by soliciting help from my friends, family and associates.

That is beautiful Roxcie.. You have been blessed girl, even more motivation that you guys will make it through this dreadful process, u have too, the Lord has brought u too far!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

I want to point out a few cons in your planning.......

It will cost you 2 round trip plane tickets. More if you have kids.

It will cost you somewhere to stay if you don't say with family.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Visiting him now is expensive. That trip would be very expensive.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

I say all the time...the wedding does not make the marriage....

When I went to Jamanica to get married, I had no idea how my wedding was going to turm out. Let me explain.

My now husband was task with all of the planning for the wedding. the only thing I was tasked with was showing up and inviting whomever I wanted to invite from the States. My wedding took place on 2/27/2008. That date fell on a Wednesday. My husband talked to the pastor of the church, obtained the marriage license and his friends and family put on the reception.

Our marriage vows took place in a very old church in Kingston. There were less than 20 people invited to the wedding. I was married in a cream yellow strapless short gown. I purchased it from Davids Bridal, but I had it cut off above the knee. I wanted to show my sexy leggs.(vain) My husband still laugh about this when I explains its to him. My maid of honor was my brother-in-laws girlfriend, from the states. I didn't asked my girlfriend, because she had just come off of a cruise, and I didn't want to put any hardship on her. Note: to this day she is still mad at me for this. My wedding was small but romantic. Now the reception was one big party that was put on by his friends in the commnunity. We didn't share in the expense of this, so over all my wedding cost me the price of a trip to Jamaica. I am saying all of this to say you can still have your dream wedding in Jamaica, it doesnt have to cost a fortune. Note: my father has agreed to sponsor a reception for us when Joe arrives here in the States. This will be his formal introduction to my side of the family. So I see this a s a win win situation for all.

Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .

Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .

Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Welcome back Lita..... I hope your time away was awesome....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

WHAT???!!! JG..I don't know if we can still be friends........ :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Happy Birthday JG. COngtrats to Lawny and Marcel on the marriage! Hey Kimmy, hope you had a great shower. Thats so cool that you ladies got to meet up. I wish more folks lived over here in the LA basin.

I'm back from JA. I actually feel nice an relaxed and not at all emotional to be back. We had a really nice time this past trip cause the Mr. didnt have to work at all. It was nice to be able to spend ALL day together instead of just a few hours in the evening. Jamaica was PACKED! For this to be off season, I saw way more people in the airport and on the beach than I have in a good while. I think everybody is catching on to the fact that its much cheaper to go at this time of the year.

Well i am back to work. It a cool day cause its slow and no deadlines. WOO HOO!!

Filed: Timeline
Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Lita;

My grandmother did the same thing to my brother and I...plus 3 times a week we had to drink garlic tea (none of the kids would come near us) to clean out our system. As a child my brother and I were never sick and I mean NEVER.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Welcome back Lita..... I hope your time away was awesome....

Thanks Sunny! It was very nice. Cant wait for the trip when I come back with him sitting right next to me. That will be the trip of all trips. I took a suitcase for him this last trip and left it for when he returns. Its getting closer. Just praying for that interview date.

Roxie,

Marlita, welcome back. How was your trip? Yes, I was glad he wanted a church wedding, since this was a first for both of us. It was very simple, but romantic. So what i was trying to say, is if they want a JA weeding, then do. I didn't even know about the reception until after we were married.

Roxcie

Timeline
Roxie,

Your wedding style sounds very much like mine. We married in JA almost a year ago and it was THE BEST day ever! I know many people say that the wedding does not make the marriage (I used to say that too), but its still an important aspect of your union. Of course if you are not following a relious faith the wedding may not have the religious meaning to you and be more of just a celebration or party. For me and my husband the ceremony was very sacred to us and I could not imagine not having that ceremony with all his family and my family there to bless the union. I'm the type of person who has her mother come bless the house you move into by placing blessed oil all over the walls. My mom use to pray for us before school and finger a cross on our foreheads with blessed oil. I'd go to school with an oily forhead :rofl: .Anyway, My husband did most of the work on planning our wedding too since it was in his part of town. His family helped out with everything. So it really wasnt that expensive for me. I didnt go into debt an once the wedding was done there were no residual bills. It is possible to have your ceremony there for cheap. Its just the way that you look at it.

Lita;

My grandmother did the same thing to my brother and I...plus 3 times a week we had to drink garlic tea (none of the kids would come near us) to clean out our system. As a child my brother and I were never sick and I mean NEVER.

Haha! Yea my mom is funny. Man, I would have a big oily forehead and the oil would be dripping down to my nose. And you dare not wipe it off, less you wipe away your blessing. My mom tried to start giving us spoons of fish oil to keep us healthy but that couldnt work for me cause I would gag it soon as it hit my tongue...YUKKK!!

Filed: Timeline
Yes...the green and white is Jengs

No i don't mind anyone else seeing the other pics

My family is a mess !

You the ONLY crazy one that I saw :rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes...the green and white is Jengs

No i don't mind anyone else seeing the other pics

My family is a mess !

note to self lose 20lbs before u let anyone else tek picture of yuh....get eyebrows done....

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.