Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG,

Happy Belated B-Day! My SO and I were thinking of doing the same. Having something small here and then renewing vows in JA. But I'm going to take each day as it comes. Because it may not happen for a long time considering all of the expenses which lay ahead for us.

Lawny,

Take a few deep breaths. I know ex's can be difficult to deal with especially where children are concerned. I will pray to rebuke the advisary.

tymoore

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry I am late for the B-day Party...I had to run out and get the cake! Hope there's enough for everyone! :hehe:

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday with MANY MANY MANY more to come! :luv:

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Kimmy, I don't know what flavor it is so don't ask! :P

Oh my...that cake looks much better than the oatmeal I'm eating right now.... :crying:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honey,

I was doing JA every 4 months and I have to admit, although I love my SO dearly and have much love for JA as well, I am worn out. Not to mention it always takes me several weeks to get back to normal once I return home. I just started sleeping normally again at nights. It has taken its toll on me. Now with school getting ready to start back for me, I need to really concentrate. This visa process is very draining. You will soon see. You may want to push back the move to Texas until your SO arrives. That will be less stress to deal with.

tymoore

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning & Greetings Fam,

Ok, I can't remember who asked by here is info for NY's Labor Day pon deh Parkway!

http://www.wiadca.com/index.php?option=com...ge&Itemid=1

JG, Once again Happy Birthday...I hope it's a good one! ;) (fingers crossed for you)!

Guys,

I have to say I had a WONDERFUL weekend! Ms. Hotlegz had her 'surprise' Baby shower this weekend and Ken and I met Mr. & Mrs. Jengy, Mr. & Mrs. Marcel (Lawny) and Kimmy & Kashi of course!

It was so nice actually meeting people that you spend so much time getting to know! We had such a good time! Ken couldn't believe they were all from meeting via the internet. My hubby USED to think everyone pon deh internet was a child predator!! :wacko: (too much Dateline fuh his ras :lol:)

Marcel, Missa Jengy & Ken got along so well! And of course Lawny, Jengy & I kept ourselves entertained til the Mama of Honor made her appearance. Everyone looked Beautiful!! We got along like we had known each other for years!

Kimmy looked BEAUTIFUL...(pregnancy agrees wid you Hottie :P )

Unfortunately, Ken and I had to leave early for some BS Graduation party back out on the Island! Jengy told me not to leave ...and she was right! :( But it was still good to met a few members... looking forward to linking up again and meeting more! :thumbs:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I saw a sneak preview of Lawny's wedding pics and she looked STUNNING!!! Hopefully she'll post them soon! I'll post the few shower pics I have later when I get back home!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Sorry I am late for the B-day Party...I had to run out and get the cake! Hope there's enough for everyone! :hehe:

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

HA..............It's marble with a chocolate fudge stripe running through the middle. MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.........

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

I want to point out a few cons in your planning.......

It will cost you 2 round trip plane tickets. More if you have kids.

It will cost you somewhere to stay if you don't say with family.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Visiting him now is expensive. That trip would be very expensive.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

I say all the time...the wedding does not make the marriage....

When I went to Jamanica to get married, I had no idea how my wedding was going to turm out. Let me explain.

My now husband was task with all of the planning for the wedding. the only thing I was tasked with was showing up and inviting whomever I wanted to invite from the States. My wedding took place on 2/27/2008. That date fell on a Wednesday. My husband talked to the pastor of the church, obtained the marriage license and his friends and family put on the reception.

Our marriage vows took place in a very old church in Kingston. There were less than 20 people invited to the wedding. I was married in a cream yellow strapless short gown. I purchased it from Davids Bridal, but I had it cut off above the knee. I wanted to show my sexy leggs.(vain) My husband still laugh about this when I explains its to him. My maid of honor was my brother-in-laws girlfriend, from the states. I didn't asked my girlfriend, because she had just come off of a cruise, and I didn't want to put any hardship on her. Note: to this day she is still mad at me for this. My wedding was small but romantic. Now the reception was one big party that was put on by his friends in the commnunity. We didn't share in the expense of this, so over all my wedding cost me the price of a trip to Jamaica. I am saying all of this to say you can still have your dream wedding in Jamaica, it doesnt have to cost a fortune. Note: my father has agreed to sponsor a reception for us when Joe arrives here in the States. This will be his formal introduction to my side of the family. So I see this a s a win win situation for all.

Timeline
When I went to Jamanica to get married, I had no idea how my wedding was going to turm out. Let me explain.

My now husband was task with all of the planning for the wedding. the only thing I was tasked with was showing up and inviting whomever I wanted to invite from the States. My wedding took place on 2/27/2008. That date fell on a Wednesday. My husband talked to the pastor of the church, obtained the marriage license and his friends and family put on the reception.

Our marriage vows took place in a very old church in Kingston. There were less than 20 people invited to the wedding. I was married in a cream yellow strapless short gown. I purchased it from Davids Bridal, but I had it cut off above the knee. I wanted to show my sexy leggs.(vain) My husband still laugh about this when I explains its to him. My maid of honor was my brother-in-laws girlfriend, from the states. I didn't asked my girlfriend, because she had just come off of a cruise, and I didn't want to put any hardship on her. Note: to this day she is still mad at me for this. My wedding was small but romantic. Now the reception was one big party that was put on by his friends in the commnunity. We didn't share in the expense of this, so over all my wedding cost me the price of a trip to Jamaica. I am saying all of this to say you can still have your dream wedding in Jamaica, it doesnt have to cost a fortune. Note: my father has agreed to sponsor a reception for us when Joe arrives here in the States. This will be his formal introduction to my side of the family. So I see this a s a win win situation for all.

That's great that the community came together like that for you two. :thumbs:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

This was a surprise to me aswell. Joe knew about it before hand, but he didn't want to tell me, because I kept saying I wanted a very small wedding. No more than 7 people . He said that wasn't possible, because he his from a large family. So about 20 showed up for the church wedding vows, but the entire communtiy showed up for the reception. After the reception was over I asked, how much did this cost them. Joe stated that the community was paying him back for things he had done for them over the years. One of the things Joe had started doing was when he worked here in the states, he would send school supplies home to be given out to the community kids. I will continue that process by soliciting help from my friends, family and associates.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

HA..............It's marble with a chocolate fudge stripe running through the middle. MMMMmmmmmmmmmm.........

i was wondering where the cake was, happy b-day JG, wishing you many more, let us know if mr Andre comes thru, i think he will.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Ok, I can't remember who asked by here is info for NY's Labor Day pon deh Parkway!

JG, Once again Happy Birthday...I hope it's a good one! ;) (fingers crossed for you)!

Guys,

I have to say I had a WONDERFUL weekend! Ms. Hotlegz had her 'surprise' Baby shower this weekend and Ken and I met Mr. & Mrs. Jengy, Mr. & Mrs. Marcel (Lawny) and Kimmy & Kashi of course!

It was so nice actually meeting people that you spend so much time getting to know! We had such a good time! Ken couldn't believe they were all from meeting via the internet. My hubby USED to think everyone pon deh internet was a child predator!! :wacko: (too much Dateline fuh his ras :lol:)

Marcel, Missa Jengy & Ken got along so well! And of course Lawny, Jengy & I kept ourselves entertained til the Mama of Honor made her appearance. Everyone looked Beautiful!! We got along like we had known each other for years!

Unfortunately, Ken and I had to leave early for some BS Graduation party back out on the Island! Jengy told me not to leave ...and she was right! :( But it was still good to met a few members... looking forward to linking up again and meeting more! :thumbs:

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- I saw a sneak preview of Lawny's wedding pics and she looked STUNNING!!! Hopefully she'll post them soon! I'll post the few shower pics I have later when I get back home!

fi real,

Kimmy is skinny for a pregnant person, I jealous bad bad. I will not go over what Gill wrote on the wisdom of her going on I-95 on a Saturday evening :whistle: and next time Lawny let Marcel party :dance:

Filed: Timeline

This was a surprise to me aswell. Joe knew about it before hand, but he didn't want to tell me, because I kept saying I wanted a very small wedding. No more than 7 people . He said that wasn't possible, because he his from a large family. So about 20 showed up for the church wedding vows, but the entire communtiy showed up for the reception. After the reception was over I asked, how much did this cost them. Joe stated that the community was paying him back for things he had done for them over the years. One of the things Joe had started doing was when he worked here in the states, he would send school supplies home to be given out to the community kids. I will continue that process by soliciting help from my friends, family and associates.

That's beautiful Roxie;

Because Marcel and I come for an extremely large family, Jamaica would be the only place we could afford to have people meet up for our wedding. He wants to plan for this in 2 years, but only time will tell. My parents will be retired living in Jamaica by then and so will most of my aunts and uncles. I've just always dreamt of getting married on the beach barefooted and afterwards both my husband and I just run into the water...call me crazy. I pray that one day we'll be able to do so. I loved my 5min. ceremony at the courthouse. He was smiling the whole time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Guys,

Bless,

Gill

fi real,

Kimmy is skinny for a pregnant person, I jealous bad bad. I will not go over what Gill wrote on the wisdom of her going on I-95 on a Saturday evening :whistle: and next time Lawny let Marcel party :dance:

GOWEH Jengs; (wid u young self);

OMG...Gill and Jengs absolutely GEROGEOUS ladies and it seems like we've know each other for years. Jengs let Marcel party...please he fell asleep as soon as we got into the car. I told you we had to leave at 6 am...I got up at 5am took a shower, got dressed and took everything to the car...Marcel woke up and was in a PANIC...I hid his clothes and shoes in the closet and left his cell phone on the nightstand...he calls me and I'm like I'm in Maryland. Haaaaaaaa I know (I'm terrible)..but he loves me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

i was wondering where the cake was, happy b-day JG, wishing you many more, let us know if mr Andre comes thru, i think he will.

Yes and no. We had some extra money so I did get to go buy myself something. And, he took care of me all weekend, doing the chores and cooking everything I like. We went to the movies yesterday and I got to pick what I wanted to see, no arguments. "Ironman" is the bomb, btw. Loved it. He woke me up this morning at 2:30 a.m. to tell me Happy Birthday. He sang to me as he drove me to work....to which I asked why he was punishing me. Now, he works 2-10 today. So, that's about it for the day.

We just had cake here at work and they completely decorated my office. I will be picking up confetti for years, I am sure. I have presents all over the place.

Tonight my mom and dad, the kids, and I, are going to dinner.

It's been a really nice weekend/start to the week.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Guys,

Bless,

Gill

fi real,

:rofl::lol::yes: ...please don't! :thumbs: Like mi Granny used to seh..."Those who don't hear...mus FEEL!!!" Lawd did Ken han I feel hit! I WAS HEATED!!!! I wanted to go back to the BX so BAD!!! But Missa Young was KNOCKED OUT! He really liked Marcel & Missa Jengy...em seh both of dem ave good vibes...which according to him is hard to find these days!!

He liked Kashi too...He said he thought they had a lot in common...although all he did was shake the man's hand! :wacko: Before we had to leave! Sometimes I think J'Can Men have a secret code that can only be shared with each other.

It was a really nice party...Nicole did a GREAT job!

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Guys,

Bless,

Gill

fi real,

GOWEH Jengs; (wid u young self);

OMG...Gill and Jengs absolutely GEROGEOUS ladies and it seems like we've know each other for years. Jengs let Marcel party...please he fell asleep as soon as we got into the car. I told you we had to leave at 6 am...I got up at 5am took a shower, got dressed and took everything to the car...Marcel woke up and was in a PANIC...I hid his clothes and shoes in the closet and left his cell phone on the nightstand...he calls me and I'm like I'm in Maryland. Haaaaaaaa I know (I'm terrible)..but he loves me.

that is just evil, mr jengs fell asleep in the car also, dem come in like babies, lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.