Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardie Folks,,,

Happy Monday! Today is my day off :thumbs: I have one appt and a stop to the post office to mail Ray's mother a birthday card. I hope it will reach by Aug 12th. After that, I can rest and just chill out.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great, so now you, Islandwoman and I are just playing the waiting game. I think we all dropped off our DS-230 2 weeks apart, so maybe we'll get the same interview date.

That'd be awesome!! We would have to head to the club afterwards. :yes:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

I'm not sure about the details of a NON-Legal ceremony but i'm guessing folks are saying "be careful" cause it probably has something to do with not wanting the embassy/ INS to think you got married in JA if your supposed to be doing a K-1. Not really sure, but yeah....I know what u mean about wanting to have some sort of ceremony or recognition in JA, even if it's not the "real" thing. LOL

We're doing the JP route here and then going back down later this year to celebrate with my family and his. We decided not to do anything big up here cause there really wouldn't be anybody at the ceremony on his behalf. Besides, I'll be ready for a vacation/ honeymoon by then!

Morning everyone! Honey have you considered flipping it and doing the small civil ceremony in the States and then going back to JA?

Wakey

Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

I want to point out a few cons in your planning.......

It will cost you 2 round trip plane tickets. More if you have kids.

It will cost you somewhere to stay if you don't say with family.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Visiting him now is expensive. That trip would be very expensive.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Wakey, honestly these mini trips to JA every three months are semi wearing me out, not to mention sucking up my vacation time and seperating me from my kids for a week to ten days at a time. I so far have planned, October, the beginning of February and May. I was hoping for May, and that soon after we may be part ways thru the process, if we file in January as planned, where the last trip i will make to JA is for the interview at the Embassy, if i can help it. Plus i have all these major life changes coming up, im thinking about a potential move to Texas from Michigan, and i dont know if i want to do that in the midst of the visa filing process, just for sake of continuity with paperwork, then with the move is a possible job change, so im all conflicted lately?!!!! :wacko:

One day at a time, Honey...

Filed: Timeline
Wakey, honestly these mini trips to JA every three months are semi wearing me out, not to mention sucking up my vacation time and seperating me from my kids for a week to ten days at a time. I so far have planned, October, the beginning of February and May. I was hoping for May, and that soon after we may be part ways thru the process, if we file in January as planned, where the last trip i will make to JA is for the interview at the Embassy, if i can help it. Plus i have all these major life changes coming up, im thinking about a potential move to Texas from Michigan, and i dont know if i want to do that in the midst of the visa filing process, just for sake of continuity with paperwork, then with the move is a possible job change, so im all conflicted lately?!!!! :wacko:

Dang Honey;

I thought I was the only one that planned that far ahead. That's great though. He'll be here beofre you know it. I filed in January with hopes that my husband (oohhhhh that just roles off my tonge) would be here by July and it worked out just fine with many blessings. He'll be here before you know it. I'm so blessed to have a husband that's a neat freak just like me. I just hate it when he moves things around.

JG; link me in PM when you get a change :wacko:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Wakey;;

I hope I wasn't too harsh on you last week...just didn't want you to leave, besides, I want to see wedding pictures.

Uh..hmmm (clearing throat).....today is Monday Lawny.........WHERE'S OUR WEDDING PHOTOS????!!! :blush:

Happy Monday! Today is my day off :thumbs: I have one appt and a stop to the post office to mail Ray's mother a birthday card. I hope it will reach by Aug 12th. After that, I can rest and just chill out.

Mawin Sunny, dat birthday card not reaching until the end of September :rofl: ...I'm going to start mailing my Christmas and New Year's cards around October.

Hey Wakey;;

I hope I wasn't too harsh on you last week...just didn't want you to leave, besides, I want to see wedding pictures.

Uh..hmmm (clearing throat).....today is Monday Lawny.........WHERE'S OUR WEDDING PHOTOS????!!! :blush:

They didn't send them to me yet :crying:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Get them on the phone...don't they know you have sistrens waiting to see the beautiful bride already?? :angry:

I hope I remember how to post it.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
bday-somes02.gif

Have a wonderful Birthday JG!

Happy Birth Day JG. Enjoy your day and yeah I totally agree about the cost. I haven't seen a new pair of shoes and purse for myself since we started this whole process of LDR and visa process :crying::angry: . Dwayne and I have decided it's too much money to go back soon. We have major phone bills and such to pay off.

I agree with Island, Lawny where dem pictures mi gal?! No you weren't too hard on me. I was just going through a sensitive time. It's all good.

Honey I'm there and yes I wanted a nice ceremony too but like JG said being married to your honey is all that matters. The rest we can get later if we still feel inclined.

Get them on the phone...don't they know you have sistrens waiting to see the beautiful bride already?? :angry:

I hope I remember how to post it.

I'm sure everyone on here will be happy to walk you through it to see the beautiful husband and wife!! :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Not to pick on you one bit, Wakey, just quoting your post........but, I have something to say about this who going back to renew business.

I know you guys want to go back and celebrate with the family. And, I truly understand why. I was there.

I want to point out a few cons in your planning.......

It will cost you 2 round trip plane tickets. More if you have kids.

It will cost you somewhere to stay if you don't say with family.

It will cost you ALL the costs of how big or small your wedding may be....seriously think about that.

He will either not be working or, if you are lucky, just started a job and may not be allowed the time off.

Visiting him now is expensive. That trip would be very expensive.

Remember all that when you are talking about going back to renew. It seems like such an easy thing to do. For us, when we thought of all that really went with it. Well, it was too much on my fianances at the time.

I say all the time...the wedding does not make the marriage....

Timeline
Great, so now you, Islandwoman and I are just playing the waiting game. I think we all dropped off our DS-230 2 weeks apart, so maybe we'll get the same interview date.

That'd be awesome!! We would have to head to the club afterwards. :yes:

I don't know how you all feel about positive visualization but that's what I did. Each step of the way I circled a date on my calendar for when I thought we should get to a certain step in the process. Then every day and all during the day I would bring up that mental picture of the date in my head and smile. It must have worked because minus or add a couple of days here and there each day hit when I wanted it too.

Whatever you do while you wait, I'm thinking of you all having a quick turnaround and successful interview.

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Roxcie, i am so inpatient and me and D havent even filed yet!!! But the distance and seperation is already taking a toll on me. I tell D, when i retire i will move to JA, and we will spend 6 months on the island and 6 months in the states.

Roxcie, i thought if you married in JA it was a CR1? and how long has it been since you started the initial process?

Honeychild, we were married in Feb 2008, but I just mailed the i130 out yesterday. We initially thought my husband was going to return on his work visa to the USA to a job that was waiting for him, but when the company realized he had married a USA citizen, they didn't want to sponsor his visa. So now we are going to go the spouse visa route.

Roxcie

Oh NO Roxcie I'm sorry to hear they didn't want to sponsor him again. I'm sure you all are very frustrated at this point. I'm praying for you all

Yes, this has been very frustrating to say the least. We now have to move on to Plan B, and try to live our lives. We were just haviong this conversation last night, how we can not let this visa process run our lives. We need to continue to go forth with some of the plans we had talked about.

Tanks for the prayer

Roxcie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry I am late for the B-day Party...I had to run out and get the cake! Hope there's enough for everyone! :hehe:

Birthday_Cake.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday with MANY MANY MANY more to come! :luv:

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Kimmy, I don't know what flavor it is so don't ask! :P

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Mawin Sunny, dat birthday card not reaching until the end of September :rofl: ...I'm going to start mailing my Christmas and New Year's cards around October.

Hey Wakey;;

Well, I guess your probably right. If Ray still hasn't rec'd packet 3 and that was mailed on June 23rd, then I don't know what to expect. I should have put a Christmas card in there as well.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.