Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Happy B'day JG...was it Saturday like my daddy's b'day?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

You can do it. Just make sure to not take put a single picture with any kind of paperwork you are turning in/taking to the embassy. Do not sign anything. And, I wouldn't really make it look like a wedding. You want nothing that might indicate to a CO that you are already married.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

I'm not sure about the details of a NON-Legal ceremony but i'm guessing folks are saying "be careful" cause it probably has something to do with not wanting the embassy/ INS to think you got married in JA if your supposed to be doing a K-1. Not really sure, but yeah....I know what u mean about wanting to have some sort of ceremony or recognition in JA, even if it's not the "real" thing. LOL

We're doing the JP route here and then going back down later this year to celebrate with my family and his. We decided not to do anything big up here cause there really wouldn't be anybody at the ceremony on his behalf. Besides, I'll be ready for a vacation/ honeymoon by then!

Yeah, we said that same thing. We planned on going back in December of 2006. By the time we had the ability to travel, the money wasn't there. Needless to say, we still haven't made it back. At this point, not sure if we will renew before our 5th anniversary or not. I do still have the dress hanging in Andre's closet.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Just want to say that the ladies in here are just beautiful inside and out. I've meet 4 wonderful ladies on VJ and they're just the best. I can't wait to meet the rest of ya'll. So, I was trying to have a half-way decent honeymoney, but the EX just ruined it by locking off all contact with my son for 3 days while I was out of town. I was about to lose my mind. I had to leave him a threatening message that I was going to call the police and have them issue an amber alert. My head hurts and I'm so damn tired. Why can't he just be respectful. Now, my son is picking up all his bad habits, because my son hears to way he talks to me on the phone and now, he's talking like that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I know, i guess i just have my hear set on getting married in JA, and i dont want to get sidetracked once D gets here and then we cant afford to go back to JA anytime soon, or we get sidetracked with our day to day lives.

I was a bit upset that my plans didn't turn out like I wanted with our renewal of vows and all that. But in the end, it's about me living my life with my husband and nothing more. A ceremony is just not what my marriage is all about.

I'm not sure about the details of a NON-Legal ceremony but i'm guessing folks are saying "be careful" cause it probably has something to do with not wanting the embassy/ INS to think you got married in JA if your supposed to be doing a K-1. Not really sure, but yeah....I know what u mean about wanting to have some sort of ceremony or recognition in JA, even if it's not the "real" thing. LOL

We're doing the JP route here and then going back down later this year to celebrate with my family and his. We decided not to do anything big up here cause there really wouldn't be anybody at the ceremony on his behalf. Besides, I'll be ready for a vacation/ honeymoon by then!

Yeah, we said that same thing. We planned on going back in December of 2006. By the time we had the ability to travel, the money wasn't there. Needless to say, we still haven't made it back. At this point, not sure if we will renew before our 5th anniversary or not. I do still have the dress hanging in Andre's closet.

I forgot....another reason was because he wasn't working at this point. This process is just so darn expensive to begin with....we weren't adding more debt to that.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GOOD MORNING LADIES, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!!

I got on VJ and read the many different posts about having a nonlegal ceremony, but for the life of me,i cant understand why any normal person( no offense) knowing the difficulty in this process, would go and take pictures of said event to a CO. Basically it is your word against theres, that this wasnt an official wedding. Honestly, once i get D over here, it might be a minute before we return. Now if he wants to go for a visit, great...but i might be JA'ed out...LOL.

Timeline
Roxcie, i am so inpatient and me and D havent even filed yet!!! But the distance and seperation is already taking a toll on me. I tell D, when i retire i will move to JA, and we will spend 6 months on the island and 6 months in the states.

Roxcie, i thought if you married in JA it was a CR1? and how long has it been since you started the initial process?

Honeychild, we were married in Feb 2008, but I just mailed the i130 out yesterday. We initially thought my husband was going to return on his work visa to the USA to a job that was waiting for him, but when the company realized he had married a USA citizen, they didn't want to sponsor his visa. So now we are going to go the spouse visa route.

Roxcie

that is messed up

It is. But, again, the people who came before us who abused the system are to blame.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

bday-somes02.gif

Have a wonderful Birthday JG!

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Morning everyone! Honey have you considered flipping it and doing the small civil ceremony in the States and then going back to JA?

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Happy B'day JG...was it Saturday like my daddy's b'day?

Today.

They completely destroyed my office with confetti, balloons, flowers, streamers..................

GOOD MORNING LADIES, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG!!!!!

I got on VJ and read the many different posts about having a nonlegal ceremony, but for the life of me,i cant understand why any normal person( no offense) knowing the difficulty in this process, would go and take pictures of said event to a CO. Basically it is your word against theres, that this wasnt an official wedding. Honestly, once i get D over here, it might be a minute before we return. Now if he wants to go for a visit, great...but i might be JA'ed out...LOL.

I personally don't understand it either. It seems to be something that is very important in some other countries, though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Roxcie, i am so inpatient and me and D havent even filed yet!!! But the distance and seperation is already taking a toll on me. I tell D, when i retire i will move to JA, and we will spend 6 months on the island and 6 months in the states.

Roxcie, i thought if you married in JA it was a CR1? and how long has it been since you started the initial process?

Honeychild, we were married in Feb 2008, but I just mailed the i130 out yesterday. We initially thought my husband was going to return on his work visa to the USA to a job that was waiting for him, but when the company realized he had married a USA citizen, they didn't want to sponsor his visa. So now we are going to go the spouse visa route.

Roxcie

Oh NO Roxcie I'm sorry to hear they didn't want to sponsor him again. I'm sure you all are very frustrated at this point. I'm praying for you all

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline

Hello everyone

I am doing the non legal ceromony in Oct. If anybody have any do's or don'ts that they heard please share. To be on the safe side we are going to do it after the interview.

Hi, Jski.....when is your interview? so your going to do the interview, go to the states and then do what? go before a JP or have a legal wedding?

Everyone

I dont have an interview date yet? We planned for the ceromony at the end of Oct. I am hoping I have an interview before then :) To answer your question she will not be leaving soon after the interview. I read somewhere you have a month or two after you get the K1 visa to come up. I am trying to plan the ceromony after the interview, so if we get approved at least we have the visa in our hands and they cant take it away from us...LOL. Like many of you most of my SO family is still in yard so it was best we have something there. When she comes up I will do the city hall thing to make it legal. I am a little nervous though, I want it to be small and quiet but she keeps making it big, we are already up to four bridesmaid. She has already been to David's Bridal picking out dresses too :(

PS

Sunny she dropped of the DS230 friday 7/25

Great, so now you, Islandwoman and I are just playing the waiting game. I think we all dropped off our DS-230 2 weeks apart, so maybe we'll get the same interview date.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wakey, honestly these mini trips to JA every three months are semi wearing me out, not to mention sucking up my vacation time and seperating me from my kids for a week to ten days at a time. I so far have planned, October, the beginning of February and May. I was hoping for May, and that soon after we may be part ways thru the process, if we file in January as planned, where the last trip i will make to JA is for the interview at the Embassy, if i can help it. Plus i have all these major life changes coming up, im thinking about a potential move to Texas from Michigan, and i dont know if i want to do that in the midst of the visa filing process, just for sake of continuity with paperwork, then with the move is a possible job change, so im all conflicted lately?!!!! :wacko:

Timeline
ladies, I know alot of us wants to slim down. why don't we have a three to five month slim down contest and motivate each other into excersizing and the one aho has lost the most gets some time of prise that we all agree upon.

Roxcie

Count me in..

Morning everyone! Honey have you considered flipping it and doing the small civil ceremony in the States and then going back to JA?

Wakey

Hey Wakey;;

I hope I wasn't too harsh on you last week...just didn't want you to leave, besides, I want to see wedding pictures.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.