Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

Honey I think you are reading MY mind!!

AW and I had the same convo when I was there this month. I want to get married in JA so bad and we talked about doing a nonlegal ceremony a few months after the interview. That would require us to be apart of little while longer after approval, but would give AW some time to handle loose ends with his family before coming to the states and me enough time to plan a wedding. We'll see what happens -- as you know I change my mind often :whistle:

Timeline
ladies, I know alot of us wants to slim down. why don't we have a three to five month slim down contest and motivate each other into excersizing and the one aho has lost the most gets some time of prise that we all agree upon.

Roxcie

That sounds likes an excellent idea. I need some sort of motivation to get moving and loose the weight.

Timeline
:rofl::rofl: Ok, Quana and Islandwoman, I'm start calling y'all R.Shelley. Y'all lusting after that likkle boy right there... but he is a cutie and they definitely didn't make the boys like that when I was growing up.

Please explain!! I can't help it!! No boys like that for me either.....

ked me up off the floor.. :whistle:

Aww, Island. I meant like a female R. Kelly -- someone who is lusting after young boys. That's what I call my friends when they talk about guys that are not even legal. I'm like "Watch it now, R. Shelly. You treading on tenderoni territory there." It's all in fun -- by no means do I consider y'all on the same level as R. Kelly. You just taking in the eye candy and that likkle bwoy right deh betta watch his fine self, he got grown ooman swooning.

I like that phrase - cute!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I told you guys i would be back, i cant stay away. I am all for the slim down contest or whatever we want to call it. I am going back to JA in october and would like to be a few pounds lighter, now if i could just figure out how to slim down and get a "booty" in the next two and half months, i would be straight.

Timeline
Surreal night.

Remember how I told you guys my hubby ran in high heels for Hannah Montana tickets for my daughter last year?

Tonight, my daughter and I was watching the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Best Worlds Concert Tour on the Disney Channel. They showed scenes from the high heel run. My husband came running by on the screen. It was so crazy.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would see my husband on the Disney Channel. Now, we have to go out and buy that stupid video.

If you want a good laugh, we found the whole race on YouTube. He's near the end. They will focus on a woman in the middle of one scene. He is two races after that. He actually wins that one so you'll see him come right by the camera. The race after that where he is really wobbly is freakin' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6PvCC8Rbw

OMG, that was funny as Hell...... I watched it 20 times

With the red shorts right?? Of course he would have to have shorts that match his short. :devil:

What a sport!! I bet when he was packing his bag to move to farrin he NEVER thought he would be running in high heels. :rofl: He's a movie star now! :star:

Timeline
Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

I'm not sure about the details of a NON-Legal ceremony but i'm guessing folks are saying "be careful" cause it probably has something to do with not wanting the embassy/ INS to think you got married in JA if your supposed to be doing a K-1. Not really sure, but yeah....I know what u mean about wanting to have some sort of ceremony or recognition in JA, even if it's not the "real" thing. LOL

We're doing the JP route here and then going back down later this year to celebrate with my family and his. We decided not to do anything big up here cause there really wouldn't be anybody at the ceremony on his behalf. Besides, I'll be ready for a vacation/ honeymoon by then!

Hello everyone

I am doing the non legal ceromony in Oct. If anybody have any do's or don'ts that they heard please share. To be on the safe side we are going to do it after the interview.

JSKI - do you have an interview date yet? Or are you just hoping they will be on the ball by then?

Timeline
Surreal night.

Remember how I told you guys my hubby ran in high heels for Hannah Montana tickets for my daughter last year?

Tonight, my daughter and I was watching the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Best Worlds Concert Tour on the Disney Channel. They showed scenes from the high heel run. My husband came running by on the screen. It was so crazy.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would see my husband on the Disney Channel. Now, we have to go out and buy that stupid video.

If you want a good laugh, we found the whole race on YouTube. He's near the end. They will focus on a woman in the middle of one scene. He is two races after that. He actually wins that one so you'll see him come right by the camera. The race after that where he is really wobbly is freakin' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6PvCC8Rbw

OMG, that was funny as Hell...... I watched it 20 times

With the red shorts right?? Of course he would have to have shorts that match his shirt. :devil:

What a sport!! I bet when he was packing his bag to move to farrin he NEVER thought he would be running in high heels. :rofl: He's a movie star now! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure about the details of a NON-Legal ceremony but i'm guessing folks are saying "be careful" cause it probably has something to do with not wanting the embassy/ INS to think you got married in JA if your supposed to be doing a K-1. Not really sure, but yeah....I know what u mean about wanting to have some sort of ceremony or recognition in JA, even if it's not the "real" thing. LOL

We're doing the JP route here and then going back down later this year to celebrate with my family and his. We decided not to do anything big up here cause there really wouldn't be anybody at the ceremony on his behalf. Besides, I'll be ready for a vacation/ honeymoon by then!

Hello everyone

I am doing the non legal ceromony in Oct. If anybody have any do's or don'ts that they heard please share. To be on the safe side we are going to do it after the interview.

JSKI - do you have an interview date yet? Or are you just hoping they will be on the ball by then?

I DON'T lol I don't think Jski's fiance has dropped off the DS-230 yet. Remember they had to reschedule..

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I told you guys i would be back, i cant stay away. I am all for the slim down contest or whatever we want to call it. I am going back to JA in october and would like to be a few pounds lighter, now if i could just figure out how to slim down and get a "booty" in the next two and half months, i would be straight.

:lol: When you figure it out let me know :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Question for you Vets.....or anyone who might know,

Once we file for AOS, how long does it usually take to get the AP back to travel???

I know AOS can take anywhere from a couple months to a year, but doesn't the AP/ EAD usually come back much faster than the AOS? We wanted to travel in mid-November and are sending the AOS/AP/EAD out in August. Will that give us enough time to receive it?

Any info would be helpful! :)

I found this Nish....

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Advance_Parole

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Hello everyone

Hi, Jski.....when is your interview? so your going to do the interview, go to the states and then do what? go before a JP or have a legal wedding?

Everyone

I dont have an interview date yet? We planned for the ceromony at the end of Oct. I am hoping I have an interview before then :) To answer your question she will not be leaving soon after the interview. I read somewhere you have a month or two after you get the K1 visa to come up. I am trying to plan the ceromony after the interview, so if we get approved at least we have the visa in our hands and they cant take it away from us...LOL. Like many of you most of my SO family is still in yard so it was best we have something there. When she comes up I will do the city hall thing to make it legal. I am a little nervous though, I want it to be small and quiet but she keeps making it big, we are already up to four bridesmaid. She has already been to David's Bridal picking out dresses too :(

PS

Sunny she dropped of the DS230 friday 7/25

Timeline
Everyone

I dont have an interview date yet? We planned for the ceromony at the end of Oct. I am hoping I have an interview before then :) To answer your question she will not be leaving soon after the interview. I read somewhere you have a month or two after you get the K1 visa to come up. I am trying to plan the ceromony after the interview, so if we get approved at least we have the visa in our hands and they cant take it away from us...LOL. Like many of you most of my SO family is still in yard so it was best we have something there. When she comes up I will do the city hall thing to make it legal. I am a little nervous though, I want it to be small and quiet but she keeps making it big, we are already up to four bridesmaid. She has already been to David's Bridal picking out dresses too :(

PS

Sunny she dropped of the DS230 friday 7/25

She actually has 6 months to enter the US after she gets the visa so you're good. Hopefully Kingston will get moving with interview dates soon. We dropped ours on 6/26 and still don't have a date yet.

Good luck with a "small" wedding in JA. Jamacians love a party, you know!! :lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JG! I truly hope you received some nice blessings over the weekend. (F)

Timeline
omg, JG I watched the video of Andre 20 times and never saw the man fall face first until today.... LMAO

They all wanted to win those tickets for their little girls. In a strange, mens' super competitive way, it was sweet.

That video was great!! LOL...a Jamaican man in heels...priceless!! Seriously though, shows how dedicated he is to making his family happy. You're definitely a lucky one JG!

He hasn't, nor will he ever tell anyone in Jamaica, though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Question for you Vets.....or anyone who might know,

Once we file for AOS, how long does it usually take to get the AP back to travel???

I know AOS can take anywhere from a couple months to a year, but doesn't the AP/ EAD usually come back much faster than the AOS? We wanted to travel in mid-November and are sending the AOS/AP/EAD out in August. Will that give us enough time to receive it?

Any info would be helpful! :)

It should. But, I've seen so many wierd things happen on here. My suggestion is to never make any concrete plans until you have what you need in hand.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.