Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Surreal night.

Remember how I told you guys my hubby ran in high heels for Hannah Montana tickets for my daughter last year?

Tonight, my daughter and I was watching the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Best Worlds Concert Tour on the Disney Channel. They showed scenes from the high heel run. My husband came running by on the screen. It was so crazy.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would see my husband on the Disney Channel. Now, we have to go out and buy that stupid video.

If you want a good laugh, we found the whole race on YouTube. He's near the end. They will focus on a woman in the middle of one scene. He is two races after that. He actually wins that one so you'll see him come right by the camera. The race after that where he is really wobbly is freakin' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6PvCC8Rbw

So funny!!!! That was nice of your hubby JG! I added it at the bottom :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

omg, JG I watched the video of Andre 20 times and never saw the man fall face first until today.... LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Surreal night.

Remember how I told you guys my hubby ran in high heels for Hannah Montana tickets for my daughter last year?

Tonight, my daughter and I was watching the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Best Worlds Concert Tour on the Disney Channel. They showed scenes from the high heel run. My husband came running by on the screen. It was so crazy.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would see my husband on the Disney Channel. Now, we have to go out and buy that stupid video.

If you want a good laugh, we found the whole race on YouTube. He's near the end. They will focus on a woman in the middle of one scene. He is two races after that. He actually wins that one so you'll see him come right by the camera. The race after that where he is really wobbly is freakin' hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6PvCC8Rbw

Omg that is too funny :rofl::rofl: That was nice of him :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
That video was great!! LOL...a Jamaican man in heels...priceless!! Seriously though, shows how dedicated he is to making his family happy. You're definitely a lucky one JG!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
u'll is a bunch a mess :lol: ...Wakey I will be running beside u..so u'll have company...fat no fit me :)..and mi only gai nweight inna mi titi dem and mi face...so picha dat :)

dat where mi weight go too. I can rest mi arm pon mi chest and sleep :jest: . Now they are going down some!

:rofl::rofl: Ok, Quana and Islandwoman, I'm start calling y'all R.Shelley. Y'all lusting after that likkle boy right there... but he is a cutie and they definitely didn't make the boys like that when I was growing up.

Please explain!! I can't help it!! No boys like that for me either.....

ked me up off the floor.. :whistle:

Aww, Island. I meant like a female R. Kelly -- someone who is lusting after young boys. That's what I call my friends when they talk about guys that are not even legal. I'm like "Watch it now, R. Shelly. You treading on tenderoni territory there." It's all in fun -- by no means do I consider y'all on the same level as R. Kelly. You just taking in the eye candy and that likkle bwoy right deh betta watch his fine self, he got grown ooman swooning.

I didn't get it either I was reading it over and over saying to myself WHAAT..Thanks for the explanation that is funny as he##%

Wakey,

I know last summer I had dropped like 33lbs. Man you couldn't tell me nothing. I had to go out and purchase new clothes. Man did I feel good. But I allowed stress with school and this visa process to start eating away at me and as soon as swimsuit season was over the pounds started creeping back. I haven't gained it all back but I'm well on my way unless I do something fast. Yeah I want him to be able to say WOW! when he sees me at the airport upon his arrival.

I did same thing last year before I got sick and afterwards I think I threw myself a pitty party and put my weight back on too. We can do it. We just have to stick with a plan. Don't stop Get it, Get it.

I need to get back on track myself and QUICK!! I lost 50 lbs over a period of 5 months. I have fallen off the beaten path and put back on a few lbs :(

I now have to get back to business and quick!!

SOnshyne, how did you manage that, because my SO is just to dang skinny for me and i dont want to look like here there BIG girl, when im next to him...LOL

I changed the way I eat, no more soda, candy, chips, cookies, fried foods ( :o NO FRIED CHICKEN??) that and the no soda thing was the biggest hurdle for me, but I did it!! The thing is you really need to eat 3 meals a day something I never did, I usually ate once a day.

Also watch your sodium intake as well as calories and sugars.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Question 4 anyone who has gone to the Carnival in NY: Are the events like the Steel Band Panorama, Dimanche Gras, and Gal Farm that I see posted on the wiadc website free to the public? I know there are events and concerts that you have 2 pay for, but the website doesn't say what (if any) of the events are free. Just wanna know how to budget my money for this trip. Also, will anyone up here be staying in NJ at that time?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
u'll is a bunch a mess :lol: ...Wakey I will be running beside u..so u'll have company...fat no fit me :)..and mi only gai nweight inna mi titi dem and mi face...so picha dat :)

dat where mi weight go too. I can rest mi arm pon mi chest and sleep :jest: . Now they are going down some!

:rofl::rofl: Ok, Quana and Islandwoman, I'm start calling y'all R.Shelley. Y'all lusting after that likkle boy right there... but he is a cutie and they definitely didn't make the boys like that when I was growing up.

Aww, Island. I meant like a female R. Kelly -- someone who is lusting after young boys. That's what I call my friends when they talk about guys that are not even legal. I'm like "Watch it now, R. Shelly. You treading on tenderoni territory there." It's all in fun -- by no means do I consider y'all on the same level as R. Kelly. You just taking in the eye candy and that likkle bwoy right deh betta watch his fine self, he got grown ooman swooning.

I didn't get it either I was reading it over and over saying to myself WHAAT..Thanks for the explanation that is funny as he##%

Wakey,

I know last summer I had dropped like 33lbs. Man you couldn't tell me nothing. I had to go out and purchase new clothes. Man did I feel good. But I allowed stress with school and this visa process to start eating away at me and as soon as swimsuit season was over the pounds started creeping back. I haven't gained it all back but I'm well on my way unless I do something fast. Yeah I want him to be able to say WOW! when he sees me at the airport upon his arrival.

I did same thing last year before I got sick and afterwards I think I threw myself a pitty party and put my weight back on too. We can do it. We just have to stick with a plan. Don't stop Get it, Get it.

I need to get back on track myself and QUICK!! I lost 50 lbs over a period of 5 months. I have fallen off the beaten path and put back on a few lbs :(

SOnshyne, how did you manage that, because my SO is just to dang skinny for me and i dont want to look like here there BIG girl, when im next to him...LOL

I changed the way I eat, no more soda, candy, chips, cookies, fried foods ( :o NO FRIED CHICKEN??) that and the no soda thing was the biggest hurdle for me, but I did it!! The thing is you really need to eat 3 meals a day something I never did, I usually ate once a day.

I lost about 45lbs six years ago and kept it off by making sure I actually EAT 3-4 meals a day & exercise. I used to be about 215lbs back then and it took me a good 6 months to get down to where I am now at 160lbs. Granted, I'm not "thin" but it felt good trying on wedding dresses in size 12! LOLLLLLL

Another big help is going from "regular" sodas to diet and trying ur best not to constantly overeat. I have a stair climber at my house which really helped during those boring winter months, while trying to get through the Visa process. :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Wakey,

I lost about 45lbs six years ago and kept it off by making sure I actually EAT 3-4 meals a day & exercise. I used to be about 215lbs back then and it took me a good 6 months to get down to where I am now at 160lbs. Granted, I'm not "thin" but it felt good trying on wedding dresses in size 12! LOLLLLLL

Another big help is going from "regular" sodas to diet and trying ur best not to constantly overeat. I have a stair climber at my house which really helped during those boring winter months, while trying to get through the Visa process. :lol:

Wow Nish, It's almost that time girl. Getting nervous? Did you find a dress that you liked?

ROC

Timeline
Sales tax free weekend next weekend here. Same for you guys?

Our schools don't start til 9/2/08...The closest we get to tax-free weekend is NYC does it the week after Labor day! My cheap a$$ county doesn't do tax-free anything!! :angry:

Gill

There's never been tax on clothes in pittsburgh so I guess i've been lucky not to deal with that! My sister's been trying to get me to move further east to Jersey or NY but it's hard to leave when everything's higher over there!

I will be in NY labor day weekend though... :thumbs:

JG.....I gotta check out Dre in them high heels. I know that was too funny!

Wakey.....Hope ur SO gets here safe and sound on Wednesday. Best Wishes!

K-1 Timeline

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Wow Nish, It's almost that time girl. Getting nervous? Did you find a dress that you liked?

Yeah Mich....we're having it on 8/11, after I moved the date like 3 times. :bonk::lol:

I was really planning on wearing a black & white sundress since it was at our local JP's office but my sister talked me into going to the $99 sale at David's Bridal and I found one. LOLLL Not sure if i'm using it for the JP or for when we renew vows in November back in JA, but for that price it didn't really matter. :lol: It was originally $599 and my mom said...why not?

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Yeah Mich....we're having it on 8/11, after I moved the date like 3 times. :bonk::lol:

I was really planning on wearing a black & white sundress since it was at our local JP's office but my sister talked me into going to the $99 sale at David's Bridal and I found one. LOLLL Not sure if i'm using it for the JP or for when we renew vows in November back in JA, but for that price it didn't really matter. :lol: It was originally $599 and my mom said...why not?

I went looking last weekend? At our David's bridal they only had one $99 dress and it was awful so I guess I missed out. lol The dress I tried on was $349 and it's perfect, but I still don't know what I want to do. Either a small wedding on a boat or just go to JP and head back to JA later like I planned... Well see...I gotta get my baby here first. lol

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Timeline

I went looking last weekend? At our David's bridal they only had one $99 dress and it was awful so I guess I missed out. lol The dress I tried on was $349 and it's perfect, but I still don't know what I want to do. Either a small wedding on a boat or just go to JP and head back to JA later like I planned... Well see...I gotta get my baby here first. lol

LOLLLL...yeah we gotta get him here soon, too!

I got lucky with our $99 sale cause they still had about 4-5 dresses left in every size. Granted, they were very elegant, yet simple dresses but still served the purpose. I picked one that was strapless - kinda fitted at the top and then it's fuller from the waist down. I only tried on two so I'm glad it already fit. LOLLL

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Question for you Vets.....or anyone who might know,

Once we file for AOS, how long does it usually take to get the AP back to travel???

I know AOS can take anywhere from a couple months to a year, but doesn't the AP/ EAD usually come back much faster than the AOS? We wanted to travel in mid-November and are sending the AOS/AP/EAD out in August. Will that give us enough time to receive it?

Any info would be helpful! :)

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

Timeline

LOLLLL...yeah we gotta get him here soon, too!

I got lucky with our $99 sale cause they still had about 4-5 dresses left in every size. Granted, they were very elegant, yet simple dresses but still served the purpose. I picked one that was strapless - kinda fitted at the top and then it's fuller from the waist down. I only tried on two so I'm glad it already fit. LOLLL

Maybe I'll be down there picking up Ray while you guy's are down there in Nov.....lol I'm sure the dress you got is stunning.

I don't know the answer to your AOS question, so I guess one of the vets will be around soon to answer. sorry, I'm a newbie in that aera.

ROC

Timeline

Y'all must be reading my mind today, i was just talking to my friend about this same subject earlier. I really have my heart on getting married in JA, but of course with the visa process, since we are planning on doing the K1 that cant happen. We have discussed having a NONLEGAL ceremony on the beach in May( which is what i want, i want to have my friends fly down to be there) and then just going the justice of the peace route when he actually gets here. I have heard others mention that you have to be careful with the nonlegal ceremony route( im not sure why) im thinking that if you showed pictures( that the Embassy, may think it is a legal marriage and deny yoU????? Im just grasping at straws here) Can anyone clarify for me? ( i mean obviously, i wouldnt be stupid enough to present those photos at my interview, so im just wondering.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.