Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dwayne's big thing is tea! He knows every tree, flower and bush and how it will affect the body. He doesn't really tell me what foods to eat. Most times at his house I eat what they eat anyway so there is no discussion I love his cooking. I do wonder how it will be when he arrives though and can't go to the back yard for some special tree bark for our tea. :whistle:

Has he told you about Worm tea? DJ and I had this lengthy conversation about how everyone has worms in them and this tea makes you shyt them out :blink: I told him I am lactose intolerant and allergic to lobster - If I want to spend hours on the toilet cleaning out, I am going to enjoy myself first!!!

:thumbs: u crazy girl..

but I have tried those teas b4.. heck I will try anything to dash weh dis belly, (except for continuous exercise :D )

I am not sure how I'll celebrate my last weekend of being gainfully unemployed lol!

how bout thinking of ways to spend your MONEY!!! (besides bills)

Good thing your child/ren are not school age or that would already be taken care of with school starting. UGHHHH!!!! :angry:

Oh they are!!

My son is in London for the summer, he'll be back on the 12th :)

School doesn't start until the 25th though...

oh ok..i didn't know u had older ones too.. ok so u are gonna be spending a fortune on back to school stuff along w/ the rest huh.. I know the retailers be marking their calendars boy..Xmas and back to school YAYYYY!!!! :angry:

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Wakey,

I was just reading your time line and your SO will be here on WEDNESDAY! How exciting is that! :dance:

What are your plans this weekend? Getting ready for him to be here? Let the count down begin!

yeah wakey.. this is ur last weekend girl.. are u cleaning like crazy or going to revel in your last weekend alone???

Timeline
I'm definitely too old for ATI in Negril....way over my head. Damien and his brothers are going for one night next weekend.

is it a concert too?? they are going for one night huh, but I guess the rest of the trip will encompass a couple of days right? u aren't going?

I only go to dancehall night (Thursday night) of sumfest, but this year Chris Brown was there I think< i could have sacrificed one more all nighter to see dat likkle rudebwoy!!!

I heard Keisha Cole performed well. It rained all night so my friends missed Lil Wayne. We missed Dancehall night last year but apparently it was the best in years....everyone talked about our entire trip. Haven't heard anything from this year.

u mean i missed Lil Wayne TOOO!!! BUMBACLAAT!!!

We'll be in JA but I'm not going to Negril for ATI. It's not a concert...just a huge party for the weekend. I believe Appleton sponsors it. You can buy a wristband to go to all the parties along the beach. Too wild for me.

Dang sounds like I would LOVE it.. must mark my calendar..

Damien is trying to get me to go but I can't hang. Besides his friends and brothers keep changing their heads. Something is telling me he ain't going either.

I used to love Reggae Sunsplash back in the day...aka..Sumfest. Ken is on a mission to go back next year. I told him Sweets you going without me...I'll be in JA. but I am too old to sleep pon a "Sumfest bed"...aka a big pissa cardboard :lol: watching a whole bunch of no-names ALL night ...waiting for the top acts to come on at 6 in the morning!! :lol::no: Not to mention..."I can't take too much of the 'Badman' music anymore!!" It's makes me violent! :bonk::bonk::lol:

I much prefer Rebel Salute...the vibes are nicer and it is just continuous with good top name acts and there is no bottles..hence...no bokkle flinging when dem don't like a performer or tripping over a whole bunch of debris when you walk! Not to mention the venue is BEAUTIFUL...in the baisin of the St. Elizabeth mountains.

I was very impressed by Rebel Salute and would recommend it to anyone!

Bless,

Gill

HAAA gil, u sound like RG, him nuh like badman music eidda, him sey ie disrespect fi ooman and too violent.. but errytime mi a hear it, mi cyaan sit still. mi see why dey call Beenie man di Sun God ca dey don't put him up pon di stage till di dyam sun come up!!

I remember when ya'll went to rebel salute, where and when is that again?? RG likes the light reggae and LOVES 80's music, Tina Turner, Madonna..

Gil, Movado ave a nice tune about Barack Obama, u heard it?? "WE NEED BARACK"!!! Bwoy the dancefloor is on fiyah when dat song come on down here!! Lightas are up and everybody trying to find a wall to beat pon..BULLET BULLET!!!

I love Movado.

I hear ya Gill. I can only do one night of the sumfest. I don't like crowds much but feel comfortable at the sumfest. When is the Rebel Salute?

I love Movado too, but he needs serious help on his stage presence! Rebel Salute is in Jan - But bring winter clothes, we froze our azzes off! Great show though! I would definitely go again!

Do you know the dates? What part is JA is it in?

We saw Movado here last January...I loved his performance. I like his voice.

GANGSTA FA LIFE.. whew that is my man.. girl u gwaan mek me go dancing tonite.. mash up ti place a bit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bwoy I tell ya,

I had better luck understanding Patwah than what u ladies were chatting bout last night LOL

the only dance i recognized was "doing the butt"!! :wacko:

I do remember guess jeans and the earrings and the asymmetrical hairdos..

also when kid and play came out and we started wearing the overalls w/ one arm unhooked and kriss cross had us wearing our clothes "to the back w/ a lil slack, cus inside out is

wiggety wiggety wiggety WHACK!"

anybody??? HA!!!

I have to make my way up north sounds like ya'll have a lot of party places.. only thing I could remember from TX was the skating rink, but then again I was only like 12 or 13 then ;)

[/size]

Tr

Trust me quana, aint nothing going on up North, except snow and cold weather. I am actually hoping to move to TX, if and when my SO gets here and we get situated. I am eyeing Arlington...LOL. One thing i can say is that Detroit, which is 45 minutes from me never sleeps, there is always something to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:idea:
Wakey,

My friend just emailed me to say she joined my gym last night. I'm so excited now I will have a workout partner. That gives me more motivation and someone to push me. Although my SO feels I don't need to loose anything, I feel otherwise. I'm on a mission to drop a few lbs and tone up over the next few months. Especially since I made some chocolate fudge brownies the other night and I've been eating off them the past few days trying to satisfy my chocolate craving. I feel guilty...I have to really push myself to workout...Its like a chore for me, not fun....

You know you are going to start liking the results and so will he will pounds start coming off- Go for it!. Dwayne said the same thing when I told him I wanted to lose. I had to let him know this is for me and my health not him (well not so much) When he saw me at the airport this last time you should have seen his eyes. Don't get me wrong he has always looked at me like I was a piece of dessert but it motivates me to keep running.

When I don't feel like working out I remind myself that it improves the bedroom life and my stamina, stamina..I chant to myself run faster Bi%%%

:idea: HA.. nice motivation wakey!! ooohhhh ya soo bad chile..

I'm going to be even worse when I get to my ideal size. I already warned my co-workers I would be coming to work in a g-string and high heels like the ladies showing what round it is in a boxin match.. :devil:

Well a girl can dream can't she.. :blush:

:star: yes ma'am.. i need to get to work myself so I can be fit and fine when I finally do go back to JA!

Does Dwayne encourage u to eat well..RG trips me out w/ that, not to the point of annoyance, but he is always giving me likkle pointers.. If i am eating late which i RARELY do he be like "baby, u shouldn't be eating at this time of night".

and he always comments on what this or that food can do for u..

I could be snacking on Z food, and he is like "u know that is good for your immune system" and I tell him I feel like A food, and he is like " that's good for the prostate"

its too cute. I wonder if that is one of the classes they take in JA "Foods for the Body" :lol:

Dwayne's big thing is tea! He knows every tree, flower and bush and how it will affect the body. He doesn't really tell me what foods to eat. Most times at his house I eat what they eat anyway so there is no discussion I love his cooking. I do wonder how it will be when he arrives though and can't go to the back yard for some special tree bark for our tea. :whistle:

Wakey, you got me over here cracking the hell up. I too have been on a quest to lose and finally have lost 15 ibs since May as well, i decided to do the FAT smash diet, which really isnt a diet but a lifestyle change, i gave up bread and sugars and eat only veggies and fruits and occassionally chicken, no red meat, no pork. When I went to JA in July, D was like baby, they have a KFC, since you like chicken... I said babe, im not eating that genetically engineered, stuff they passing off as chicken!! I also run every Tuesday with a group and will be running my second 10 mile race this year, all because i realize if i dont get up off my ###, im might not live to see my kids grow up , so that is my motivation, not to mention i was surprised at the energy :devil: i had when i went to JA this last time :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has he told you about Worm tea? DJ and I had this lengthy conversation about how everyone has worms in them and this tea makes you shyt them out :blink: I told him I am lactose intolerant and allergic to lobster - If I want to spend hours on the toilet cleaning out, I am going to enjoy myself first!!!

:rofl: OMG the first time he told me that everyone has worms in them I thought I'd die laughing. He went on to say how they are the crumbles you hear in your belly when you don't eat. That is why first thing in the morning you must drink tea; it makes the worms run from the heat!!!

I told my sis and we laughed and laughed but he is sooo serious!! So now, I just accept dat mi hav di worms in mi belly! :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Wakey,

I was just reading your time line and your SO will be here on WEDNESDAY! How exciting is that! :dance:

What are your plans this weekend? Getting ready for him to be here? Let the count down begin!

yeah wakey.. this is ur last weekend girl.. are u cleaning like crazy or going to revel in your last weekend alone???

I've been cleaning for 2-3 weeks. This weekend I'm gonna put a spit shine on every dam# thing. My mama said dang chile he ain't used to a little dust!! lol.. I've never been big on dusting so it's good to see the real color of my furniture

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
:idea:
Wakey,

My friend just emailed me to say she joined my gym last night. I'm so excited now I will have a workout partner. That gives me more motivation and someone to push me. Although my SO feels I don't need to loose anything, I feel otherwise. I'm on a mission to drop a few lbs and tone up over the next few months. Especially since I made some chocolate fudge brownies the other night and I've been eating off them the past few days trying to satisfy my chocolate craving. I feel guilty...I have to really push myself to workout...Its like a chore for me, not fun....

You know you are going to start liking the results and so will he will pounds start coming off- Go for it!. Dwayne said the same thing when I told him I wanted to lose. I had to let him know this is for me and my health not him (well not so much) When he saw me at the airport this last time you should have seen his eyes. Don't get me wrong he has always looked at me like I was a piece of dessert but it motivates me to keep running.

When I don't feel like working out I remind myself that it improves the bedroom life and my stamina, stamina..I chant to myself run faster Bi%%%

:idea: HA.. nice motivation wakey!! ooohhhh ya soo bad chile..

I'm going to be even worse when I get to my ideal size. I already warned my co-workers I would be coming to work in a g-string and high heels like the ladies showing what round it is in a boxin match.. :devil:

Well a girl can dream can't she.. :blush:

:star: yes ma'am.. i need to get to work myself so I can be fit and fine when I finally do go back to JA!

Does Dwayne encourage u to eat well..RG trips me out w/ that, not to the point of annoyance, but he is always giving me likkle pointers.. If i am eating late which i RARELY do he be like "baby, u shouldn't be eating at this time of night".

and he always comments on what this or that food can do for u..

I could be snacking on Z food, and he is like "u know that is good for your immune system" and I tell him I feel like A food, and he is like " that's good for the prostate"

its too cute. I wonder if that is one of the classes they take in JA "Foods for the Body" :lol:

Wakey, you got me over here cracking the hell up. I too have been on a quest to lose and finally have lost 15 ibs since May as well, i decided to do the FAT smash diet, which really isnt a diet but a lifestyle change, i gave up bread and sugars and eat only veggies and fruits and occassionally chicken, no red meat, no pork. When I went to JA in July, D was like baby, they have a KFC, since you like chicken... I said babe, im not eating that genetically engineered, stuff they passing off as chicken!! I also run every Tuesday with a group and will be running my second 10 mile race this year, all because i realize if i dont get up off my ###, im might not live to see my kids grow up , so that is my motivation, not to mention i was surprised at the energy :devil: i had when i went to JA this last time :whistle:

Wow 10 miles and I'm crying running 2.5 three times a week. You better go girl!! I don't know about giving up the chicken though..

You are so right I was able to keep up with him whenever wherever. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hate to work out. I would rather poke myself in the eye with a fork then run.

This mental picture had me rooooolllllllliiiinnnnnnn :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Sometimes typos can make things totally hilarious.... :ot2:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
JG I need a good laugh so if you can, will you tell us the emergency room story?

I am still laughing about him putting his leg up on the wall. He probably thought he was really doing something.

yeah dillon.. he got all intimidated when his wifey chat bout dis BARISHNOKOV and his fancy pants flexibility, him sey "whateva him can do, I can do betta..WATCH ME" :lol:

JG it was a demonstration of his love :rofl::rofl::rofl:

More like "me Tarzan...you Jane....oooohhhhhAAAOOoOOOAAAAHHH!" Too funny....too cute.

I once mentioned that 50 cents body looked hot in a video that A and I were watching as I walked into the bathroom to shower. I came back out to grab something...and A was doing push-ups with his feet on the edge of the bed.

I asked him what he was doing...and he responded...50 is my new inspiration...my arms and chest used to look like that baby remember? I just don't have anybody to work out with because my brother is lazy. I mean yes...he has a bangin body...but over the years it was getting a little pudgy and soft in spots. I had never seen his lazy butt exercise until I said something about 50. LOL

Why is that when you are in love...you gain weight like crazy? Whatever hormone causes that sh*T needs to be sucked from my body. :angry:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline
:rofl: OMG the first time he told me that everyone has worms in them I thought I'd die laughing. He went on to say how they are the crumbles you hear in your belly when you don't eat. That is why first thing in the morning you must drink tea; it makes the worms run from the heat!!!

I told my sis and we laughed and laughed but he is sooo serious!! So now, I just accept dat mi hav di worms in mi belly! :thumbs:

I had the same reaction when we had the conversation - It ended when his tea kicked in :blink:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Do you know the dates? What part is JA is it in?

We saw Movado here last January...I loved his performance. I like his voice.

It's in St. Elizabeth at Port Kaisers - Usually around January 15th or so - Tony Rebel puts it together, so watch his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/tonyrebel

Here is a video from it in 2007 - http://www.travelistic.com/video/show/2547

It was awesome - Jah Cure came on right as the sun was rising up in the sky behind him -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I had the same reaction when we had the conversation - It ended when his tea kicked in :blink:

:rofl: di belly move fast wi di special teas :o:D:rofl:

Timeline

Wakey...you are not telling the full story. Ya'll (yes I went Southern) get this...you really don't have a choice with Dwane...you protest...he blows on a spoon of tea or food or both and shoves in your open mouth...all the while saying "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know." Then he stands back and waits for the taste to explode in your mouth before he gives a slllllllooooowwww grin and nods :yes:

We would wake up to him standing over us with boiling hot tea...blowing and forcing us to take a sip while it's still hot. "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know."

My first time hanging out with him...I absolutely REFUSED to eat anything involving conch. A would get so upset because I wouldn't eat from his plate or bowl or cup of conch (I like his nerve...with his picky #######)....well anyway...Dwane and his cousin get soup...and I casually ask what kind it was...he stops midway from his open mouth and shoves the spoon full of soup into my mouth. "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know."

:yes::yes:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Wakey...you are not telling the full story. Ya'll (yes I went Southern) get this...you really don't have a choice with Dwane...you protest...he blows on a spoon of tea or food or both and shoves in your open mouth...all the while saying "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know." Then he stands back and waits for the taste to explode in your mouth before he gives a slllllllooooowwww grin and nods :yes:

We would wake up to him standing over us with boiling hot tea...blowing and forcing us to take a sip while it's still hot. "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know."

My first time hanging out with him...I absolutely REFUSED to eat anything involving conch. A would get so upset because I wouldn't eat from his plate or bowl or cup of conch (I like his nerve...with his picky #######)....well anyway...Dwane and his cousin get soup...and I casually ask what kind it was...he stops midway from his open mouth and shoves the spoon full of soup into my mouth. "I know...I know...you'll like it. I know."

:yes::yes:

Ladies, it's so nice to hear of the good times you both had in JA together. Wake, I am happy for you that your SO will be here soon. This process takes a lot from you. It makes you question whether loving someone from far is worth it. Friday and Saturday nights gets to be the most difficult to get through. Oh don't mind me. I just talked to Joe and he was listerning to music and I'm mad because I want to be ther but I can't. So I will go back and take another nap. I guess when i asked God to give me a good man to love me, I didn't ask him to put him in the same country or state; my mistake.

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.