Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status:

Card mailed to applicant. On March 7, 2008, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

all i have to say is about freaking time......

Congratulations :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I discovered the WE channel last weekend. I watched "Women on Death Row" parts 1, 2, 3. The last case was a lady who raped and murdered a 6 year-old little girl. She also sexually assualted her daughter when she was an infant. Her daughter was taken away from her but she was never charged. Two years later she killed the 6 year-old. It was so sad....can't get it out of my mind.

I always watch murder shows...especially women like "Snapped" on the Oxygen channel. The shows on the WE channel are worst by far.

I watch those shows too.

It's really to bad that she was not charged for the assualt on her own baby as well.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Everyone have a great weekend...off to go shopping.

so jealous!! I want to go. Have a good weekend Michele!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status:

Card mailed to applicant. On March 7, 2008, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

all i have to say is about freaking time......

Congratulations :dance:

Ditto Nanny :thumbs:

Those meez.com are so cute!!

KK long time since you've been here, how are you?

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hi guys do u think any of ur SOs would object to being a stay at home dad if need be if its cheaper than daycare? By the way what are infant daycare costs like and the times in which u can drop them off and pick them up.

I can't say this loud enough but YES, most jamaican men do not like to be at home, looking after pickney, even if it's theres. they want to work be out the house.

yup that was his response when i asked him. My thoughts were that it may be cheaper for him stay home. Its just a thought. Now if he gets paid like 11.75 im estimating at 40 hours a week that would give about 350 maybe? and that will only just cover daycare and we need a lot more than that im trying figure what cost i will cut to afford daycare and any other expenses right now i have no extra to cover that so i been praying on it and trying find a cheaper place to live.

Daycare here can range from $80+a week. You can send your child partime or fulltime, looking for a cheaper place to live sound like an option. Even if his pay only goes to payday care, I'm thinking it's best to let him work for it. He might try find a position where he works a different shifts than you: you day, and he evening....or nights :blush: ..FT weekends in a hospital where he works two days, everyweek for partime benefits. Also I really hate to pull the G-D card, but I know what works for me: Pray about it and forget about it. I never would have thought my hubby would have a partime job makin about what I make with my nursing degree. They don't keep him very busy all the time but we have what we need. Everything has a way of workin itself out. I was all emotional in tears this morning when he seh got the the rent..put your check in the bank. :yes: he'll tek care of you, you jus have to believe it will happen. (F)

I was talking about this to Andre just last night. I think it is best for him to work too, even if it just covers the costs of daycare. My reasoning is more then just keeping him busy, though. It is hard enough to sometimes find a job at first. Think if he was here a year, two, three, four, whatever, and was watching the kids instead of working. When he goes to finally get a job and they see he hasn't worked in all that time, how much harder do you think it will be for him to land a job?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yaardies!! Any of you going to the Carnival in NY Labor Day weekend? My friends and I (there will probably be 4-5 of us) are planning to come up from NC. It will be our first time in NY AND our first time at CARNIVAL! :help::dance::D For those of you that have been or are in the area, where should we stay? We wanna do other stuff too while we're there...maybe catch a broadway show...we love to eat...We just need to plan ahead, because if we don't, we end up scrambling in the end, and everyone gets all razzled dazzled and exasperated! :blink::wacko::wacko:

Mrs Palmer;

When I lived in Brooklyn, I lived like 5 blocks from Eastern Parkway and went to the carnival every year and have been back once since I moved here. For the past couple of years it has not been a excited as previous years. People misbehave so much and carry weapons, that the police lock it down by 4 pm and most of the floats and bands can't even get on the parkway. I think it a disappointment that WE can't behave better in public and have to have babylon restrict us with batons. My daughter has been going every year since she was 2 years old, but I don't know if she will be going this year. I might try to go and bring Mike for the experience. I will let you know if I am.

Luv

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

English u buy di blasted bag don't it ?

no sah, mi nuh give een yet!! :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Do you think that voicing something like this puts you in the same category as those people who look at a Rasta and automatically assume he's smokes or something in that same vein?

I guess I can understand why people would categorize me with them, it's of course their choice.....Do I think I jump to unfounded conclusions by a PHOTO? Hell yes!!

I don't know the couple apart from what is said on the net, have no facts, so any conclusion I arrive at is inherently flawed.

However, if someone asked me my opinion, I would volunteer it, ensuring they realize I have no sound basis for it.

If they didn't ask, I wouldn't volunteer my opinion though.....

Can I send you a picture of every guy I start to date? LOL I would love to weed out the crappy ones without wasting a few dates on them!

I had an evil thought of WHO you should send the pictures too; but I'm not going to say it. You know, Classy!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yaardies!! Any of you going to the Carnival in NY Labor Day weekend? My friends and I (there will probably be 4-5 of us) are planning to come up from NC. It will be our first time in NY AND our first time at CARNIVAL! :help::dance::D For those of you that have been or are in the area, where should we stay? We wanna do other stuff too while we're there...maybe catch a broadway show...we love to eat...We just need to plan ahead, because if we don't, we end up scrambling in the end, and everyone gets all razzled dazzled and exasperated! :blink::wacko::wacko:

We plan on being there. Maybe we can meet up.

I haven't been since 2005...it was a LOT of fun but find somewhere to stay early on cause the traffic doesn't move once it kicks off! :lol:

I stayed with some friends in Brooklyn so it wasn't too bad.....Shemonya....I'll meet u there :yes:

Well, it would definitely be cool if we could all meet up somewhere. Shemonya are you and Damien planning on staying with family/friends, or do you all plan to stay in a hotel?

Don't leave me out!!!! My girlfriend from Panama goes every year, so maybe I'll go this time...

Is it anything like Panama's? I have a friend who went to Panama Carnival a few years ago and she said it was just plain CRAZY! OMG, the stories she told..........

I was in D.C. June 28th & 29th last year. I think Carnival was before that last year cause I remember thinking we just missed it. I will be in D.C. sometime this June, I think; but I already told them if it was around the 29th, I wasn't going. That is our 2nd anniversary and I am going to be here.

Everyone say it with me....WOOSAI!! :thumbs: [/color]

That's not the word I was thinking.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

but wait deh...unu naw chat...unu just reach a 74...but a wah di fadah...nutin naw gwaan tideh...

YA'LL MUST BE AT HOME MAKING BABIES (all this RAIN) mi no wrang unu.....I'm so jealous.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Claire......

Has he voiced any objections before? About moving to the US, I mean?

Do you think he had an argument or something with his father that could make him hesitant to move?

He could just be scared. It is a big step for anyone.

I think at the very least, you need to have some good sit down, heart to hearts with him to find out what the problem is.

I absolutely think you are in the most perfect situation. With those of us on K-1's & K-3's we are given little time to live together and make that smooth transition from living apart to marrying and being together almost all the time at first. Someone I know was saying she wished they gave us 4 months before the K-1 expired. I said 6 would be even better. The transition is just so sudden and difficult to work with.

Anyhow, I think you are the luckiest girl I have heard of in a long time. Yes, use the time to see how it all flows. That is a brilliant thing to do.

And, no, since his father is directly involved in this one, I think it was appropriate to discuss with him. I am almost thinking you should've said all that to Mike first though. I think I would definately discuss it before he finds out from his father.

JG, thank you for your openmindednes and great advice. I am happy that you have not voiced what I was thinking. That he might have someone there with him at nights why it's been difficult for him to talk to me.

Initially, when we talked about him coming and the progress of the visa petitoni, I got so excited, but he was like nonchalant and stated that he is not in a hurry to leave JA. He also said that he had a good job and lives in a good home and is among his family that he grew up with. The only good thing that he said was that he wanted to be with me and that makes hime want to move. He wanted to drag thing out a bit longer so maybe he is apprehensive about leaving, uprooting the life that he is used to,to try to adapt to a whole new country, lifestyle and living with a womna after not having done so in years.

Whenever I try to talk to him about the changes that are about to happen, he clams up. His step-mom suggested the same thing that you did. when he comes to Florida, I should come visit him and sit down and talk about the changes and how it is going to affect him and hoe it is making him feel.

Thank you also for saying I am fortunate to be in this situation, cause I feel the same. I want to take that time to get to know him at a closer distance before I make the big step to live with him.

Thank you once again, you smart woman you.

Claire :luv::luv:

Stress of this whole process has a funny way of making you doubt yourself all the time. If you really do think like that, you need to talk to him about it. Only he can help you get over that feeling.

If you really belive in your relationship and this man, you will know that you are being foolish for doubting him. If you still doubt, you need to work through all those feelings as to why you feel like that, what you are seeing and feeling to make yourself feel like that, and if you need to worry about it and eventually do something about it.

I don't belive in putting up with a bunch a ####### for a man who is not worth it. But, I also don't believe in needlessly punishing a good man for my own insecurities. You seem like a beautiful person, Claire, and I believe that entitles you to everything you ever dreamed of. Do what you need to do to achieve that.

Well guys; I have been logged on all morning but have not been able to catch up with the goings on (I will later). Here is my issue----

Bear with me, this is gonna be long.....sigh :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mike and I were introduced back in March 8 2007 by my sis-in-law. I went to Ja to meet him in April and then again in October. After we met for the first time, it was an instant connection and we found that we had a lot in common in regards to what our expectations are in a relationship. We grew up a couple of miles apart from each other, we are the same age--he is older by 2 months. He is a Seventh-Day Adventist. I was born one. We were both married and are now divorced. We are both educated and have great conversations.

When I visited him, I did what anyone in a relationship would do, brought him gifts (it was around his birthday) and when I got back home and he lost his job after hurricaine Dean, I helped him out financially.

After I met him I found that he was everything I wanted in a life partner. I started to look into this VJ and found this site that offered a wealth of information. As we continued to get to know each other, I told him that I wanted us to be together for the rest of our lives and he told me he wanted the same thing. When I mentioned to him about the ways we could go about achieving that in regards to the fiance visa, he told me that his father had filed a petition for him way back in 2000 and he has not heard anything about it. He went as far as to give me copies of his petition and his father's number and asked that I followup on it for him. That made me really happy because the process was already in place.

After I contacted his father and got his info I called USCIS got his NVC case number, I started to followup and was asked by him after explanation from me, to be his agent. Since then I have taken care of all correspondence to and from NVC and all fees have been paid by me.

I do not know if you all remember how stressed out I was earlier this year, about the DS-230 and police report? Well, we have finally gotten over the hurdle of having case complete.

Well, I called him last night to tell him the good news and he was all nonchalant and not too responsive to me. I asked him if everthing was alright and he said everthing was. I then said what was the matter then and he said "I want to go to sleep". I was very perturbed and pissed off because I find that very unusual a reaction for a situation like this.

Lately, as I stated in some post before, we have not been talking that much. He is hot and cold towards me. when I call him during the day at work, everything is alright and we have a graet conversation. When I call him at night (I try not to call him after 9:30pm--he goes to bed then) he is not too eager to talk to me and I find that disturbing.

I know what all has been said here on VJ and in the past few pages of posts--but I am here wondering what the heck is going on.

I called his father and step-mom last night and told them how I felt and told them that if and when he get the visa, I do not want him to come to my home. They should have him come to Florida and stay a while with them and I will see how things are and waht happens then. I want to wait to see if this behavior is just out of fraustration or what and will things change after he is here.

What do you all think about this and am I wrong in telling his father what I did?

Your thoughts and reaction to this would be really appreciated.

:luv: Sorry for the long post, I have no-one else to share things like this with and I am counting on my VJ sistas to give a listening ear and shoulder to lean on :luv:

Well, I feel like there could be several things going on here. I know he hasn't said anything yet...but is it possible that he could be going through some family issue or something at work? I know when my husband begins to feel really burdened with frustrations with his family or work, then he can be a bit ornery. And unfortunately, he doesn't let me know right away. I've learned to ask what is wrong, and he will say "everyting's alright", even though I know it's not. But I've learned that he will come to me in his own time, when he's able to talk about what's going on with him. I allow him to have his "man period" every now and then, because I know that I am not always the kindest or best to him when I'm having a hard time, and he gives me the time and space that I need when I need it. We've really gotten good at knowing "when to push and when not to push". If you have a gut instinct that something else may be going on, then by all means...GO WITH YOUR GUT!! I think it's good that he actually has somewhere else to go when he gets here instead of coming directly to your home, but my question is, how far are you from Florida? If/when he does come, do you think that you not allowing him to come to your home will create even more stress and tension? In the end though I think you should do what you feel is best for you and your relationship. And remember that it will all work out the way it is supposed to. I do believe that you should have this conversation with him though and let him know your intentions so there will be NO SURPRISES...and who knows...maybe that will open the door to conversation regarding the difficulties that you have been experiencing lately. Good luck. And I'm here for you!! (L)(L)

Thank you Mrs. Palmer. I sometimes think he is fraustrated and also scared. He got married to this women 10 years ago and she moved to Canada with all promises to file for him and till today, he is still in JA and divirced. I sometimes think he is apprehensive about starting life with someone new not knowing what to expect.

His father lives in Daytona Beach and I live in North Carolina. Couple hours by plane and as I have stated before, they have invited me to come and vist when he gets there so we can have a sit down, whether with him alone or with them in attendance. :thumbs::thumbs:

A couple hours by plane for you or him and FREE NATION-WIDE LONG DISTANCE telephone! That, in itself is a thing of beauty!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thanks Nan--- I've tried them all. I'll use Zyrtec and Claritin, but they make me hyper. I'll just suffer again for 8 weeks. I pray it won't be as bad. As soon as I come into the house I have to take a shower. And I wear a mask when I'm outside. (joke)...when I wear my mask, people always let me go ahead of them in the line.

Every time a new rx comes out for allergies my allergy doctor has me try them to get some relief. But none of them work for me. The only thing that works for me is Benedryl but that really makes me tired (the same ingredient in OTC sleep preparations). During the day I take the childrens chewables which is 1/2 strength and that helps. There are corticosteriods that do work but I won't take them unless I'm in a life and death situation-just my preference. Allergies are no joke :crying:

I have a lot of allergies, clariten works for me, the funny thing was it was cheaper for me, when i could get it by prescription

See.... I told some people that.

I used to pay $45 a month in co-pay for my prescription Zyrtec. Got to be where I had to stop taking it cause of the cost. Last month, I did a happy dance when I realized it was now over the counter. Spent like $15 for 45 days worth at Walmart. I'm currently sniffle free!!!!!

Good morning,

everyone, it doesn't look like it's raining yet up here.

Gill is probably going to see Movado tomorrow at a fraction of the price she would have paid here!!

Nanny don't get me started on the pedophile and rape thing. i think all pedophiles should be charged with muder, for murdering a child's innocence...and I don't see a dyamn thing wrong with chemical castration.

Yuh dyam right Jengs! Dem want $45.00 at Club Amazura tonight! Dem cyan kiss mi claat! Mi a see em pon deh gully side! ;):lol::lol: ( I crack myself UP sometimes :blink::yes: )

Bless,Gill

OK, mr jengles almost drop dung when he saw a flyer for an artist and the prices we have to pay, mi would rather pay that $1000 j.a. anytime

Fuh REAL!!! :yes::yes: Ken was trying to tell me how much something 'should' cost up here yesterday...I HAD TO LAUGH!! He was SO OFF!!!

Thanks,

Gill

Girl been there, i had to explain how no the cable bill is not $10 U.S. I think that's why people in j.a think we have so much money because they think our bills are the same as theirs

For Real!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Thanks Nan--- I've tried them all. I'll use Zyrtec and Claritin, but they make me hyper. I'll just suffer again for 8 weeks. I pray it won't be as bad. As soon as I come into the house I have to take a shower. And I wear a mask when I'm outside. (joke)...when I wear my mask, people always let me go ahead of them in the line.

Every time a new rx comes out for allergies my allergy doctor has me try them to get some relief. But none of them work for me. The only thing that works for me is Benedryl but that really makes me tired (the same ingredient in OTC sleep preparations). During the day I take the childrens chewables which is 1/2 strength and that helps. There are corticosteriods that do work but I won't take them unless I'm in a life and death situation-just my preference. Allergies are no joke :crying:

I have a lot of allergies, clariten works for me, the funny thing was it was cheaper for me, when i could get it by prescription

See.... I told some people that.

I used to pay $45 a month in co-pay for my prescription Zyrtec. Got to be where I had to stop taking it cause of the cost. Last month, I did a happy dance when I realized it was now over the counter. Spent like $15 for 45 days worth at Walmart. I'm currently sniffle free!!!!!

Good morning,

everyone, it doesn't look like it's raining yet up here.

Gill is probably going to see Movado tomorrow at a fraction of the price she would have paid here!!

Nanny don't get me started on the pedophile and rape thing. i think all pedophiles should be charged with muder, for murdering a child's innocence...and I don't see a dyamn thing wrong with chemical castration.

Yuh dyam right Jengs! Dem want $45.00 at Club Amazura tonight! Dem cyan kiss mi claat! Mi a see em pon deh gully side! ;):lol::lol: ( I crack myself UP sometimes :blink::yes: )

Bless,Gill

OK, mr jengles almost drop dung when he saw a flyer for an artist and the prices we have to pay, mi would rather pay that $1000 j.a. anytime

Fuh REAL!!! :yes::yes: Ken was trying to tell me how much something 'should' cost up here yesterday...I HAD TO LAUGH!! He was SO OFF!!!

Thanks,

Gill

Girl been there, i had to explain how no the cable bill is not $10 U.S. I think that's why people in j.a think we have so much money because they think our bills are the same as theirs

For Real!

Yes JG--

My grandmother's phone bill is $6.74 US a month. But it this way. If paid ALL of my grandmother's utilities for year...it would not equal to one month of mines. I'm going to try Zyrtec again...it makes me a little hyper, but it does work.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Yes JG--

My grandmother's phone bill is $6.74 US a month. But it this way. If paid ALL of my grandmother's utilities for year...it would not equal to one month of mines. I'm going to try Zyrtec again...it makes me a little hyper, but it does work.

Sometimes I wish I could take all the good things of everywhere in the world and make a utopia. It's so unfair sometimes.

I'm glad Zyrtec does not effect me like that. I take mine right before bed.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

JENGS.......wah u a hid fah...how u so quiet

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.