Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

I started mine last night. We had apple martini's, dinner, and then ice cream for dessert.

I think I am busting out of here at around noon. Everyone is out at meetings all day. LOVE those kind of days. I want to go buy myself some caramel apple pistachio tea and I'm eyeing a giant Lucky Jeans Brand bag like Nancy Bottwin carries around in Weeds. I've been searching the internet all week to find the exact bag I want. Bet when I go to Macy's to find it, it won't be up to my expectations. We'll see. I am also eyeing those neon green Reboks.

My daughter and I are going school shopping for her (gasp! hiding bras and panties so no one else in the store can see us buying them---but not get arrested by security for shoplifting!) and we might all see a movie tomorrow. I want to see Mama Mia; but they are pushing for The Dark Knight.

There better be cake and presents sometime in there or someone dies in my house!

I thought about driving to visit my best friend this weekend but now with the car huffing and puffing it will be me the sofa and some ice cream. I had a slice of cake this week. I'm paying for it now at the gym..I'm trying to learn to love working out..but it's not there yet. I've lost 18lbs since starting this process in May..

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Bwoy I tell ya,

I had better luck understanding Patwah than what u ladies were chatting bout last night LOL

the only dance i recognized was "doing the butt"!! :wacko:

I do remember guess jeans and the earrings and the asymmetrical hairdos..

also when kid and play came out and we started wearing the overalls w/ one arm unhooked and kriss cross had us wearing our clothes "to the back w/ a lil slack, cus inside out is

wiggety wiggety wiggety WHACK!"

anybody??? HA!!!

I have to make my way up north sounds like ya'll have a lot of party places.. only thing I could remember from TX was the skating rink, but then again I was only like 12 or 13 then ;)

DHQ,

I enjoyed talking about old skool last night. It brought back so many memories. I was like some of the yardies are going to come on this morning and say ####### where they up to last night. You would have thought we were sippin on something. lol DC is famous for Go-Go music. There's this guy name Chuck Brown that has been playing Go-Go since MY MOM was young and he's still going strong. When I was in JA, Ray was like turn that ####### off. That made me just pump up the volume. LMAO I like messing with him. He thinks I'm off the hook. He just called me to say good-morning and to tell me he was at the beacj chillin and taking in some cool breeze. I pushed buttons in his ear because I can't stand to hear him tell me he's at the beach and I'm in this hell hole working my buns off. :angry:

Yeah girl.. i could tell ya'll was having a ball, sometimes I wish I had a time machine to go back to them good ole days. Man, if u had one now, u wouldn't have to worry about being able to afford a flight to join Ray on the beach, u could just take yourself to the last time u were there w/ him!! Can I borrow it when u find one??? :lol:

If she gets to take a time machine to get over I'm going to need to hold your Kayak and row real hard..I think I can make it.. :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:rofl: Y'all are crazy. I need some of those songs on my ipod. I recently took Damien to a caberet (sp) and it was all over when the old school go go came on.....I danced 10 pounds off.....Damien was looking like :blink:

sjb --

Girl, me and my girlfriends tried to explain go-go to my SO when I was down there for my birthday in April. He looked at us like we had 3-heads.

Alright ladies, logging off to go talk to AW. He's mad because I had to get off the phone with him abruptly. LL Cool J came on "So You Think You can Dance" and I needed uninterrupted time to take in all that man has to offer. :yes:

Have a good night.

What did you think? I was not all that impressed with him.

My husband made me log on and try to find where we could vote to keep Twitch on last night. He was so upset when the guy was crying.

After he dissed ballet, I explained how truly athletic they are. After he watched the performance, he was like, wow! how did she do all that? Anyone seen "White Knights" with Hines & Barishnokov (sp?) in it? There is scene where Barishnokov has on these skin tight blue jeans. He puts his leg straight up against his body and stretches out against the wall. I think it is one of the sexiest scenes ever cause the guy is just too limber. LOVE him, btw. Anyhow, I was explaining this to Andre....how he needs to really think about how hard the movements are they are making and notice how it really does tell the story if you pay attention. He ruined the whole beauty of it by trying to stretch his leg up against our wall!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! He was stretching his leg on the wall. I would have peed in my pants laughing. I so upset that Will got voted off. I cried. :crying:

Wakey Wakey, bo bakey banana fana fo fakey, mi my mo makey WAKEY!!

:blink: Ok its Friday ya'll can tell right..

Glad to see u in good spirits girl, I rememba ya from when Jawi had us going w/ "Stella" and u were just THINKING about the idea of being w/ the love of your life.. LOOK AT YOU NOW.. Like I said I knew how u felt.. on top of the stresses of just being a woman and trying to make it is overwhelming, but u gwaan be aright!!!

SJB!!

RG told me bout that new song, I guess I have to hear it on the radio to get the real effect, but LL was cool.. he don't float my boat but I give him is props for staying in the game soooo dyam long and still making hits..

and I haven't seen that movie but that scene reminds me of that Jean Claude Van Damme movie where he was training and he had that machine stretch his legs 180 degrees..WHOO that man was sexy!

Timeline
Morning ladies,

I think it is definitely the hormones. I was pretty pissed with D unbeknownst to him two days ago, and just wanted to be as bitchy as possible. But he is so sweet, so i cant stay mad for long..Lol

My day has started F-ed up already, i took money out of the ATM but it didnt dispense the funds,( @ a gas station) so of course , when i call, the gas station says call the company, and the company says call the bank and the bank aint freaking open yet, so i can see what kind of day im going to have...WOO SAH WOO SAH... anyhoo i hope everyone has a great day

I think I have you beat. My car check engine light came on yesterday I figured I would get ti checked soon. Well it barely got me to work today and then I had to pray for it it take me around the corner to the repair shop. Please pray this isn't expensive. I too was Bit###in Dwayne out too. No reason at all just mad I am. Let me get it together and find my perspective.

Lord give us serentity the rest of this day. Amen

Amen!! my gyal if the enemy is messing w/ u this much u must be doing something right.. RIGHT!!

oh and my engine light came on a while back and it was just a sensor needing to be replaced, hopefully yours is something simple like this..

Timeline
Morning ladies,

I think it is definitely the hormones. I was pretty pissed with D unbeknownst to him two days ago, and just wanted to be as bitchy as possible. But he is so sweet, so i cant stay mad for long..Lol

My day has started F-ed up already, i took money out of the ATM but it didnt dispense the funds,( @ a gas station) so of course , when i call, the gas station says call the company, and the company says call the bank and the bank aint freaking open yet, so i can see what kind of day im going to have...WOO SAH WOO SAH... anyhoo i hope everyone has a great day

I think I have you beat. My car check engine light came on yesterday I figured I would get ti checked soon. Well it barely got me to work today and then I had to pray for it it take me around the corner to the repair shop. Please pray this isn't expensive. I too was Bit###in Dwayne out too. No reason at all just mad I am. Let me get it together and find my perspective.

Well, my car door that wouldn't close came in at just over $500. In the end, I was nearly doing flips cause he gave me a $100 discount cause he went to school with my Uncle. Small world.

I hope it is something minor for you Wake.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I started mine last night. We had apple martini's, dinner, and then ice cream for dessert.

I think I am busting out of here at around noon. Everyone is out at meetings all day. LOVE those kind of days. I want to go buy myself some caramel apple pistachio tea and I'm eyeing a giant Lucky Jeans Brand bag like Nancy Bottwin carries around in Weeds. I've been searching the internet all week to find the exact bag I want. Bet when I go to Macy's to find it, it won't be up to my expectations. We'll see. I am also eyeing those neon green Reboks.

My daughter and I are going school shopping for her (gasp! hiding bras and panties so no one else in the store can see us buying them---but not get arrested by security for shoplifting!) and we might all see a movie tomorrow. I want to see Mama Mia; but they are pushing for The Dark Knight.

There better be cake and presents sometime in there or someone dies in my house!

I thought about driving to visit my best friend this weekend but now with the car huffing and puffing it will be me the sofa and some ice cream. I had a slice of cake this week. I'm paying for it now at the gym..I'm trying to learn to love working out..but it's not there yet. I've lost 18lbs since starting this process in May..

WHAA?? Congrats on the weight loss girl!! I can never lose more than 5 or 6 lbs.. u must post a pic or 2..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:rofl: Y'all are crazy. I need some of those songs on my ipod. I recently took Damien to a caberet (sp) and it was all over when the old school go go came on.....I danced 10 pounds off.....Damien was looking like :blink:

sjb --

Girl, me and my girlfriends tried to explain go-go to my SO when I was down there for my birthday in April. He looked at us like we had 3-heads.

Alright ladies, logging off to go talk to AW. He's mad because I had to get off the phone with him abruptly. LL Cool J came on "So You Think You can Dance" and I needed uninterrupted time to take in all that man has to offer. :yes:

Have a good night.

My husband made me log on and try to find where we could vote to keep Twitch on last night. He was so upset when the guy was crying.

After he dissed ballet, I explained how truly athletic they are. After he watched the performance, he was like, wow! how did she do all that? Anyone seen "White Knights" with Hines & Barishnokov (sp?) in it? There is scene where Barishnokov has on these skin tight blue jeans. He puts his leg straight up against his body and stretches out against the wall. I think it is one of the sexiest scenes ever cause the guy is just too limber. LOVE him, btw. Anyhow, I was explaining this to Andre....how he needs to really think about how hard the movements are they are making and notice how it really does tell the story if you pay attention. He ruined the whole beauty of it by trying to stretch his leg up against our wall!

Okay JG...this really has me laughing so hard. I don't even know him but I can picture it.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I hate to work out. I would rather poke myself in the eye with a fork then run. But, I always manage to force myself into it. It's like working.....something you just have to make yourself do it!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

sjb --

Have a good night.

Okay JG...this really has me laughing so hard. I don't even know him but I can picture it.

He is so uncoordinated, I am always scared he will end up hurting himself. I always have a back-up plan so if I have to take him to the emergency room (again!), I have a less comical story to explain what happened.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning ladies,

Amen!! my gyal if the enemy is messing w/ u this much u must be doing something right.. RIGHT!!

oh and my engine light came on a while back and it was just a sensor needing to be replaced, hopefully yours is something simple like this..

you sound like my pastor with the doing something right statment. AMEN! AMEN AMEN..

I pray it's just a sensor. I believe the Lord will provide either way.

Timeline

sjb --

Have a good night.

NO WAY.. tell andre he is not no freaking Barishnokov AND if he break a leg, he better NOT think u gonna be his inhome nurse after not gettting no BDAY present!! :bonk::rofl:

Timeline

WHAA?? Congrats on the weight loss girl!! I can never lose more than 5 or 6 lbs.. u must post a pic or 2..

My friend I work out with is like Jillian on biggest loser she is a little bitty size 8 woman with the 6 pack...I HATE her but love her. She really pushes me. I can't lose weight unless I work out so I've just decided it's what I must do for life.

I too would rather be eyeless than go to gym I hate running the most..hate it hate it hate it..but my thighs have less humps and bumps now so I guess it's doing what it's suppossed to.

Well talk to you all later I'm going to lunch

Wakey

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG I need a good laugh so if you can, will you tell us the emergency room story? I just re-read your post and you said less comical story....sorry but I would love to hear it anyways.

I am still laughing about him putting his leg up on the wall. He probably thought he was really doing something.

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Sunny,

I feel you. I talked to my SO just a bit ago and he was half asleep. I'm like why are you sleeping so late, well he likes to get up at the crack of dawn some mornings and go down to the beach for a swim. He swam this morning so now he's tired. He tried to get me to do it when i was there and I refused, telling him don't even think about waking me up to go swim anywhere. Heck I'm usually awakened every morning at dawn by the crowing roosters in the area. They always seem to like to have crowing contests when I'm visiting..It drives me insane and he just laughs at me.

tymoore

Timeline
JG I need a good laugh so if you can, will you tell us the emergency room story?

I am still laughing about him putting his leg up on the wall. He probably thought he was really doing something.

yeah dillon.. he got all intimidated when his wifey chat bout dis BARISHNOKOV and his fancy pants flexibility, him sey "whateva him can do, I can do betta..WATCH ME" :lol:

JG it was a demonstration of his love :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.