Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone on here say a special prayer for a Yardie friend of mine. I dont' want to get into any details except to say she is really hurting. Please just ask God to comfort her.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Question

I saw somewhere on the VJ site that the 325 form should print out four copies and there are bar codes on each copy, because they are send off to different dept after they are received at USCIS. I have printed my copies of the 325 form and I donot see a bar code on any of the copies. Is this true?

Roxcie

I think it was the DS-230 they were probably referring to.

The 325 doesn't have a barcode.

Well that just sucks...seems like there is some bias out there somewhere against Jamaicans immigrating?? ( maybe im wrong) but the more i read and here, it kind of seems like it.

I think the cases before are what is creating any issues that are faced at the Jamaican embassy. It's not bias. It's protecting against all the different ways people try to illegally beat the system.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Honey....you scare me and you are not even in my face. He probably peed himself.

JG, Im harmless and my heart is always in a good place. I have had to learn thru years of work experience that if you allow people to see weakness in you, if you never challenge anything and dont stand up for yourself, they go for the jugular. I used to be so scared of offending, or losing my job, or being unliked, Now i dont give a rats #######... I do my job, and i do it well. I am the sole provider for two boys, i will not let another ignorant person feel as if they can say, do or treat me anyway they want. He was in the wrong, and everyone knew it, but no one wanted to say anything about it, because everyone thinks he is so cool, even my dyam supervisor... When I first started working directly with him, two years ago he used to also make sexual comments and racial comments, but everyone laughs it off, so yesterday i decided enough is enough!!!! He has called me oreo, offered to hook me up with his black friend who acts white, etc...it is never ending with this guy!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question

I saw somewhere on the VJ site that the 325 form should print out four copies and there are bar codes on each copy, because they are send off to different dept after they are received at USCIS. I have printed my copies of the 325 form and I donot see a bar code on any of the copies. Is this true?

Roxcie

Hey Roxicie,

It isn't a bar code but just a code on the lower left hand corner.

(1) Ident

(2) Rec. Br.

(3) C.

(4) Consulate

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Question

Roxcie

Hey Roxicie,

It isn't a bar code but just a code on the lower left hand corner.

(1) Ident

(2) Rec. Br.

(3) C.

(4) Consulate

Thanks for the information. I thought I was losing it for a while.

Roxcie

Question

Roxcie

I think it was the DS-230 they were probably referring to.

The 325 doesn't have a barcode.

Well that just sucks...seems like there is some bias out there somewhere against Jamaicans immigrating?? ( maybe im wrong) but the more i read and here, it kind of seems like it.

I think the cases before are what is creating any issues that are faced at the Jamaican embassy. It's not bias. It's protecting against all the different ways people try to illegally beat the system.

Thanks,

Roxcie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can someone on here say a special prayer for a Yardie friend of mine. I dont' want to get into any details except to say she is really hurting. Please just ask God to comfort her.

JG,...is that 'Yardie' friend... :unsure::( or just a Yardie Friend.

Regardless...she is always in my prayers and if not ...I just sent out a prayer for your friend!

Hope it helps.

(L),

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

JG, I was trying to respond to this earlier, buy I kept getting interrupted by co-worker to work. How dare anyone asks me to work.

My prayers go out to the Yardier who is needing comfort from GOd and friends.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Not the YARDIE on here, Gill.

I hope she sees this and knows we were thinking of her. I love you girlie. And, I do understand. When you can talk, please e-mail me again.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honey,

Your not alone. I normally manage to get to JA every 3-4 months and I'm experiencing everything you just mentioned. My SO just keeps telling me not to worry myself because he soon come. Hang in there I know its tuff...

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jengs,

I've been in your situation before. I used my severance package and then unemployment to get by during the summer of 2005 and I have to admit it was probably one of the best summers of my life. I took a break from school and flew out to California with my 2 daughters for about a month. Gave me time to clear my head. About 3 1/2 months later I was working again...Hold stedfast GOD has a plan for you..

JG, I will say a prayer for your friend..

Edited by TYMOORE

tymoore

Timeline
Honey....you scare me and you are not even in my face. He probably peed himself.

JG, Im harmless and my heart is always in a good place. I have had to learn thru years of work experience that if you allow people to see weakness in you, if you never challenge anything and dont stand up for yourself, they go for the jugular. I used to be so scared of offending, or losing my job, or being unliked, Now i dont give a rats #######... I do my job, and i do it well. I am the sole provider for two boys, i will not let another ignorant person feel as if they can say, do or treat me anyway they want. He was in the wrong, and everyone knew it, but no one wanted to say anything about it, because everyone thinks he is so cool, even my dyam supervisor... When I first started working directly with him, two years ago he used to also make sexual comments and racial comments, but everyone laughs it off, so yesterday i decided enough is enough!!!! He has called me oreo, offered to hook me up with his black friend who acts white, etc...it is never ending with this guy!!!!!

What does that mean???!!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Jengs,

I've been in your situation before. I used my severance package and then unemployment to get by during the summer of 2005 and I have to admit it was probably one of the best summers of my life. I took a break from school and flew out to California with my 2 daughters for about a month. Gave me time to clear my head. About 3 1/2 months later I was working again...Hold stedfast GOD has a plan for you..

JG, I will say a prayer for your friend..

When I lost my job and ended up with severence and time, I ended up in Jamaica... :devil:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.