13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
See the latest article to be written about the visa peocess in Kingston

Visa woes

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...S_VISA_WOES.asp

Roxcie

OMG!! Is that really how the line is?

What the heck is this website they are talking about where you can schedule appointment dates? Does that pertain to us as K1 or that only vistor's visas? No wonder I can't get a date. It has been 1 month today since DS230 drop off. Just called 202 - nothing yet. Now I see why.......

That's what I want to know too.....is it visitor visa's is that the travel agent angle?

That line looks like the picture they took on the work visa open appointment days.

Kimmy's clique list :devil:

Kimmy- of course

Gilli

Lawns

Sonny

Yardie-miss yuh girlie

Phatty-

JG- :hehe:

Jax..where r u

Shauna-how's the munchkin

Jengs-don't kill mi :)

English- :blink:

Shem- :thumbs:

Wakey-don't go hunny :star:

woieeeeeeee..oonuh do nuh kill mi

Kimmy..... :bonk:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all... well as far as the clique thing goes... I can understand both sides of this! I'm not on here everyday- maybe once or twice a week, but when I do come on, it is usually when I'm really low or really need some help. I think the ladies that seem like the solid group are that because they are on here a lot and a lot of time has gone into getting to know each other! Yes, sometimes I post and don’t get any responses and it does feel like I’m being ignored, but I just try to take it as people not having any knowledge about what I’m asking!

It’s like the playground- if you want to be part of the group, play by their rules- become a part of their conversation and then you’ll get your time.

There are a lot of great people on here, I’ve not met with any straight negativity or meanness and I appreciate you all for that.

I’m always around for PMs and I LOVE making new friends… so if you need someone to talk to… anyone, I’ve got a ton of free time until my baby gets here!

CR1 Visa Journey

Met in Tryall 6/23/07

Married in Tryall 6/14/08

USCIS

06-28-2008: submitted I-130

07-09-2008: Check Cashed

07-11-2008: NOA1

07-16-2008 submitted I-129

07-28-2008 NOA1 for I-129

08-01-2008 I-129 touched!

08-03-2008 I-129 touched again!

09-05-2008 I-130 touched.... please, please, please... oh, please let them approve it.

09-06-2008: NOA2!!!!!!!

NVC

10-03-2008: Package forwarded to NVC

11-01-2008: COA mailed

10-23-2008: Paid AOS Bill (online)

11-03-2008: Paid IV Bill (online)

11-06-2008: Mailed I-864 and DS230 packets

11-18-2008: Case Complete

02-26-2009: Medical Exam

03-10-2009: Interview

03-27-2009: POE- Miami

??-??-2009: Social Security #

??-??-2009: Green Card

Timeline
Sonny..no bodd wid it...what's on the shoppin list today

OK..MEK WI CALL NAME...who and who inna di clique....

mek wi mek a list..maybe dem ppl here no know seh dem a be cliquish :devil:

Kimmy yuh nuh mi haffi problem wit deh shoppin ting... how bad is ie wen yuh tinkin bout shoppin at 0330 inna deh mawin on deh weh tuh wurk :whistle:

:yes: ..and dats why yuh nuffi vex when hubby start shoppin cause a yuh him get it from..hehehe

:lol: you know you wrong for that :rofl:

Shoppin nuh man ting yuh nuh :no: Not

Not for my husband at least. He don't know how to shop proper. On the 4th of July I decided to bake a 7up cake. I asked him to bring me a "bottle" of 7up from the store.... What does he do? He buys a case of 24 cans!! Chat bout im cyaan find wan bokkle :huh:

Last week im go tuh deh store an come tuh yard wit 2 big tube of tooth paste and 2 large bokkle mout wash chat bout waan fe yuh waan fuh me and then said " his & hers" yuh nuh :huh::whistle::bonk:

I had just brought those things for the house a couple days before.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Kimmy yuh nuh mi haffi problem wit deh shoppin ting... how bad is ie wen yuh tinkin bout shoppin at 0330 inna deh mawin on deh weh tuh wurk :whistle:

:yes: ..and dats why yuh nuffi vex when hubby start shoppin cause a yuh him get it from..hehehe

Not for my husband at least. He don't know how to shop proper. On the 4th of July I decided to bake a 7up cake. I asked him to bring me a "bottle" of 7up from the store.... What does he do? He buys a case of 24 cans!! Chat bout im cyaan find wan bokkle :huh:

Last week im go tuh deh store an come tuh yard wit 2 big tube of tooth paste and 2 large bokkle mout wash chat bout waan fe yuh waan fuh me and then said " his & hers" yuh nuh :huh::whistle::bonk:

hahahahahahaa...a doan blame him....yuh ask fi seven up yuh get 7 UP ! :)

ok..onuh tell mi if mi a be cliquish..ok ! :)

Edited by Hotlegz

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

hahahahahahaa...a doan blame him....yuh ask fi seven up yuh get 7 UP ! :)

ok..onuh tell mi if mi a be cliquish..ok ! :)

Yeah but mi ask fe waan nuh 24.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hi all... well as far as the clique thing goes... I can understand both sides of this! I'm not on here everyday- maybe once or twice a week, but when I do come on, it is usually when I'm really low or really need some help. I think the ladies that seem like the solid group are that because they are on here a lot and a lot of time has gone into getting to know each other! Yes, sometimes I post and don’t get any responses and it does feel like I’m being ignored, but I just try to take it as people not having any knowledge about what I’m asking!

It’s like the playground- if you want to be part of the group, play by their rules- become a part of their conversation and then you’ll get your time.

There are a lot of great people on here, I’ve not met with any straight negativity or meanness and I appreciate you all for that.

I’m always around for PMs and I LOVE making new friends… so if you need someone to talk to… anyone, I’ve got a ton of free time until my baby gets here!

Good morning Yardies..

I was kind of relieved to see these posts today, not to cause drama, but it makes me feel good that I am not the only one that had felt this way. When my daugh had her operation esp, i kind of felt ignored. So to know that ALOT of people feel like this sometimes makes me KNOW that its not intentional. Like another person said, maybe sometimes my posts get lost in the mix because of how much we all CHAT so dyam much LOL..

i used to think that maybe I rubbed somebody wrong or maybe my whole "divorce" issue or maybe me trying to talk in patwah and I don't know what the heck I be saying LOL :blush: WHO KNOWS, but I chose to keep posting cuz I love to chat and my love for Jamaica and its culture has taken over so u guys are stuck w/ me!!! :dance::dance: I get in where I fit in and say what i wanna say and its all GOOD if nobody feels the need to respond. Mi still luv ya nuff!! so don't feel in any ways pressured to reply to me becuz of dis OK?? :D

Timeline

Case in point..........I dont' know what you are talking about ....your daughter's operation, Dance. Sometimes there is just too much to read and you do end up skipping over things. Plus, I don't just hang on this thread. I am all over anything I find interesting at the moment.

Sorry I missed it. I hope it went well.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I am having a DAMN good day!!

I got a THIRD job offer :dance:

This one is work from home so I am DEFINITELY going to take it...and it a job doing...wait for it.........translating PATOIS to ENGLISH :lol:

I never knew such things existed!!!

They have to do a background check and get a reference from my old boss, but those are merely technicalities!

Congrats girl!!!! :dance::dance:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy- of course

Gilli

Lawns

Sonny

Yardie-miss yuh girlie

Phatty-

Jax..where r u

Kimmi...3 words...HOT DYAM MESS!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Mi love yuh hennyweh! Hits deh dyam hormones!

Gilli

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Case in point..........I dont' know what you are talking about ....your daughter's operation, Dance. Sometimes there is just too much to read and you do end up skipping over things. Plus, I don't just hang on this thread. I am all over anything I find interesting at the moment.

yeah girl.. Lately w/ the FL trips and my babies surgery even I get lost and have to read 20 posts b4 i feel comfortable responding cuz I am SOOOO far behind LOL ... You guys are the bomb and just listening to u (reading) u go back and forth brings some levity to a BORING day.

my oldest had her appendix removed last week, I had been out for about 1 week nursing her, but she is doing well now.. Thanks..

Timeline

Sorry Quanna, I too must have missed that post about your daughter's surgery. I am happy to hear that she is doing better. :thumbs:

I sometimes feel the same like Wakey, but I just chalk it up to what I post not being interesting or it just being missed. I just laugh and move on because I enjoy being on here and have learned so much from you all. Not just about visa issues but about relationships in general. :yes:

Kimmie, me nuh like nuh clique, me prefer just being me.. :rofl: Me luv yuh same way... (L)

Anyway, good morning everyone. Hope you all have a great and productive day :)(L)(F)

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy- of course

Gilli

Lawns

Sonny

Yardie-miss yuh girlie

Phatty-

Jax..where r u

LMAO, Kill you for wha..... Do U girlie....

yeah girl.. Lately w/ the FL trips and my babies surgery even I get lost and have to read 20 posts b4 i feel comfortable responding cuz I am SOOOO far behind LOL ... You guys are the bomb and just listening to u (reading) u go back and forth brings some levity to a BORING day.

my oldest had her appendix removed last week, I had been out for about 1 week nursing her, but she is doing well now.. Thanks..

Well, you know I'm all over the place because I don't even remember reading about this. I'm glad your daughter is doing well DHQ...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

TO EACH ITS OWN

We all have a right to express our views. In many instances; it will be against ours and in some; with us. To hear them out is 'decency' but to let them get to you is 'weakness'.

EACH ONE OF US GIVE A UNIQUE VALUE TO THIS SITE

BE BLESS (L)

Roxcie

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TO EACH ITS OWN

We all have a right to express our views. In many instances; it will be against ours and in some; with us. To hear them out is 'decency' but to let them get to you is 'weakness'.

EACH ONE OF US GIVE A UNIQUE VALUE TO THIS SITEBE BLESS (L)

Roxcie

Amen and as usual i am clueless as to what is going on, but I saw the words clique and Kimmy is calling up my name in her tings. hey gyal leggo mi name. haha is what u dragging me into now :whistle:

anyhoo, last week i got laid off from my job, i was having such a bad day that by the time they called me into the office I was like whatever, I handled myself very proffessionally (apparently they expected me to go off) it was jenelle's first b-day and they gave me the letter and I looked at my boss and said i was looking for him so i could leave early, read the package came in the next day and told them i didn't like the package and what i wanted and i got more severance than i asked for. so i am VERY happy, it pays to live good but of course mr jengs keeps leaving a list to do in the morning and keeps calling me asking what i'm doing.

anyhoo i'm off to bring him his lunch and get my do done. later ladies I'm going to have to read up later.

congrats ms. english on the job offers! hug that baby for me.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

hEY Jengy girl...sorry to hear..but mi glad u got a better package that u thought..i really hope something comes about son for you...

and BTW yuh know mi neva ago stop call yuh name :) love yuh long time..and try mek sure di do gets done :)

OK!! all jokes aside...mi list is not real it is just fi play play..cause every month or so this topic comes up and mi just affi amuse miself....if yuh ask mi wah what posted yesterday mi couldn't tell yuh..if it no concern my situation ..i honestly cannot read too much on the PC screen so I print alot of the stuff then read...but whateva it no dat serious..lets just be merry

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.