Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am having a DAMN good day!!

I got a THIRD job offer :dance:

This one is work from home so I am DEFINITELY going to take it...and it a job doing...wait for it.........translating PATOIS to ENGLISH :lol:

I never knew such things existed!!!

They have to do a background check and get a reference from my old boss, but those are merely technicalities!

Hey English that is amazing news. I never knew that type of job existed either. Keep us posted and I hope you get the job that will bring you happiness!

Wakey

Ditto..I'm so happy for you JaEnglish. Can you translate me and Damien's next agrument :lol: ? I have no idea what he's saying when he's upset.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sooooooo..it looks like everytime I post anything any this forum the "close group of friends" ignore me. I think people either gel or they don't and for what ever reason I'm not in the jello mold.

I joined this site because I thought we all had something in common, loving a man or woman in Jamaica, and my sister Jawi told me everyone was cool people to lean on while I was going through the journey. In the beginning that was the case and now umm not so much.

I will continue to jump on the site for research purposes. I just wanted you to know if you see me lurking.

I thank everyone that has helped me with interview and paperwork details up to this point.

I pray for everyone's success that is going through and awaiting your interviews.

Take care Wakey!

Unfortuntely, I feel the same way. This thread has become very clicklish. I'm always ignored but I still post sometimes. Hopefully someone is listening.

I stay around because I've met some wonderful people this site and to learn about the visa process changes.

My life has also been an open book to those who are interested. I have no problem sharing our experience with the visa and adjustment process...the hardest part. It's rough being married especially when have a culture and age difference.

Good luck to you and Dwayne.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

English u know yuh wrong fi dat..right !! :P

Shem..u know what it is :)

ok...mek mi seh it..YES..mi tink it cliquish toooo.....but dat no involve mi cause oonuh know mi and my mad self :)

maybe after the baby when the hormones are back to normal mi tek back mi crown of REDISENT CHATTING QWEEN !!! :help:

as of now..everybody big up :hehe:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sooooooo..it looks like everytime I post anything any this forum the "close group of friends" ignore me. I think people either gel or they don't and for what ever reason I'm not in the jello mold.

I joined this site because I thought we all had something in common, loving a man or woman in Jamaica, and my sister Jawi told me everyone was cool people to lean on while I was going through the journey. In the beginning that was the case and now umm not so much.

I will continue to jump on the site for research purposes. I just wanted you to know if you see me lurking.

I thank everyone that has helped me with interview and paperwork details up to this point.

I pray for everyone's success that is going through and awaiting your interviews.

Take care Wakey!

Unfortuntely, I feel the same way. This thread has become very clicklish. I'm always ignored but I still post sometimes. Hopefully someone is listening.

I stay around because I've met some wonderful people this site and to learn about the visa process changes.

My life has also been an open book to those who are interested. I have no problem sharing our experience with the visa and adjustment process...the hardest part. It's rough being married especially when have a culture and age difference.

Good luck to you and Dwayne.

I can understand how you both feel, because I know that at times I have felt the same way - but at other times, not - I decided that it was more due to the fact that everyone here is such a chatterbox and not every post gets read all of the time - I still believe that if I need to reach out for help, someone will step up.

Wakey, hope you won't go far, or PM me, please!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Take care Wakey!

Unfortuntely, I feel the same way. I'm always ignored but I still post sometimes. Hopefully someone is listening.

I have been feeling like this for awhile myself. Though I don't post much anymore, I do drop in and check to see whats going on with with everyone, and to offer support when and if I can.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Sonny..no bodd wid it...what's on the shoppin list today

OK..MEK WI CALL NAME...who and who inna di clique....

mek wi mek a list..maybe dem ppl here no know seh dem a be cliquish :devil:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
See the latest article to be written about the visa peocess in Kingston

Visa woes

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...S_VISA_WOES.asp

Roxcie

It seems to me that they always come up with some kind of excuse about why it is taking so long to give out interview dates :angry: Stop making excuses and correct the problem :bonk:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Kimmy yuh nuh mi haffi problem wit deh shoppin ting... how bad is ie wen yuh tinkin bout shoppin at 0330 inna deh mawin on deh weh tuh wurk :whistle:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Kimmy yuh nuh mi haffi problem wit deh shoppin ting... how bad is ie wen yuh tinkin bout shoppin at 0330 inna deh mawin on deh weh tuh wurk :whistle:

:yes: ..and dats why yuh nuffi vex when hubby start shoppin cause a yuh him get it from..hehehe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, all I can say is I hope my name doesn't pop up on anybodies list besides the US Embassy.

I'm sorry Wakey for the other folks that feel like this place has changed and I hope you guy's don't leave us. Why can't we all just get along. :unsure: We are all here for just about the same reason. It really doesn't look good for newbies that come in here for help and see this type of stuff taking place. I know for me, i would be scared to post anything.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
See the latest article to be written about the visa peocess in Kingston

Visa woes

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...S_VISA_WOES.asp

Roxcie

OMG!! Is that really how the line is?

What the heck is this website they are talking about where you can schedule appointment dates? Does that pertain to us as K1 or that only vistor's visas? No wonder I can't get a date. It has been 1 month today since DS230 drop off. Just called 202 - nothing yet. Now I see why.......

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Mawnin Ladies,

Well today is a new day, and yes i admit i would hate to see anybody leave. I feel like it is very beneficial at times, and honestly who else can i talk to that is gonna understand why the hell im in love with a jamaican man and insist on slowly going broke flying to JA every three months...LOL...Nobody but you all on here and maybe one of my more supportive friends, but not even my best best friend from 7th grade understands, so you guys are all i got :yes: , so like sunnyja said cant we all just get along....

Okay, that is the social worker in me trying to make things better...LOL

In about 5 minutes im gonna be having one of my weekly episodes...so y'all be ready to lend a supportive ear...!!!!

Peace

Timeline
Well, all I can say is I hope my name doesn't pop up on anybodies list besides the US Embassy.

I'm sorry Wakey for the other folks that feel like this place has changed and I hope you guy's don't leave us. Why can't we all just get along. :unsure: We are all here for just about the same reason. It really doesn't look good for newbies that come in here for help and see this type of stuff taking place. I know for me, i would be scared to post anything.

We've learned the hard way about that, havent' we Sunny? Bashers are no fun.

All I can say guys, is this is a public board. We are all here for our own reasons and give and take what we need to on here. Some people do get along better then others and some have more to say then others. There are times when I come/came on here to talk visa only. Other times, I am sick of the process and I want to talk about anything but. Sometimes I am so mad at my husband, family, and/or the world and I want to vent so I don't go home and say something to him I will regret later. All of it helps me survive the day. Some days I read and comment on everything. Other days, I'm just not in the mood. It really has nothing to do with who's on or what's said...it's all about my mood.

I hope that those who are unhappy today can come back on another day and contribute. Even the littliest things can help someone down the line. You really just never know. No one else can really understand the process or the hardships it puts you through until they go through it. If we, who are going/have gone through it don't help those after us, who will? I know I do not want someone to struggle with this process because I will always remember how it went and how alone and scared I felt at times. If I can spare someone that, I want to do it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Kimmy's clique list :devil:

Kimmy- of course

Gilli

Lawns

Sonny

Yardie-miss yuh girlie

Phatty-

JG- :hehe:

Jax..where r u

Shauna-how's the munchkin

Jengs-don't kill mi :)

English- :blink:

Shem- :thumbs:

Wakey-don't go hunny :star:

woieeeeeeee..oonuh do nuh kill mi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.