Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Baby girl and I are doing well, hard to believe I just started my third trimester, time is going fast. My SO and I are still having problems..(sigh) and our file is still at VSC with no end in sight.. just have to keep praying I guess but trying to mentally prepare for the worst :(

Seems like there is a lot going on, haven't had a chance to read everything but did want to say congrats to lawny on your wedding day, I am excited for you!

good to hear from u mommy.. continue to be the strong woman that u are girl.. u will make it through :thumbs:

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm upset today. :( Why is it friggin taking so long for the embassy to document receipt of the DS-230. It was dropped off on the 10th. I sent an e-mail today to the embassy asking for confirmation of receipt so I hope I hear something sometime soon....

Lawny, Sending good luck wishes to you and Marcel for tomorrow. Be sure to post a pic or two so that we can see how beautiful things were.

Mommy2b: Good to see you. I've been thinking about you and I'm glad you and the baby are doing well. Hang in there with your SO. I hope that things work out for you guy's.

Everyone else, What's upppppppppp! I hope things are going well. :lol:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. Baby girl and I are doing well, hard to believe I just started my third trimester, time is going fast. My SO and I are still having problems..(sigh) and our file is still at VSC with no end in sight.. just have to keep praying I guess but trying to mentally prepare for the worst :(

Seems like there is a lot going on, haven't had a chance to read everything but did want to say congrats to lawny on your wedding day, I am excited for you!

Mommy2b;

It's wonderful to hear from you. Please keep in touch with us, we're all supporting you and your beautiful baby. "Order her steps, Dear God"

Good Luck Tomorrow Lawny!!! :dance::dance: Hope the wedding is wonderful. Don't stress, I know you'll do fine!

Congrats to everyone with upcoming interviews, trips planned to JA and other good news. I've been MIA recently cause I just went back to work after being off 2 months! (LOL) Things are still going well for me and Dave....He's still working and loving the adjustment. We finally settled on Aug. 11th for the wedding and November (hopefully LOL) for a trip back to JA if AOS goes smooth.

We're also going to NY over Labor Day weekend to see my sister and her BF, so PM me if any of you are heading that way and want to link up! :)

TTYL

T

Yeah I told you as it is my daughter's birthday, it HAS to be good luck for you.

Thanks JG...I'm hoping it's a good day cause we already have the appointment at the JP! :lol:

We went around and around with different dates. We were initially gonna use 7/23 like Lawny cause that's the day me and Dave met last year too, but August ended up being better for us.

O.k.....I gotta AOS question for you all. I know it can take up to a few months to get the AOS/ EAD/ AP back once you're married. Do we need to have the both the AOS and the AP back in order for Dave to travel or is the AP good enough???

I think I already know the answer but just curious LOL. We were hoping to get back to JA in November but that might be cutting it close, Huh? :wacko:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
I'm upset today. :( Why is it friggin taking so long for the embassy to document receipt of the DS-230. It was dropped off on the 10th. I sent an e-mail today to the embassy asking for confirmation of receipt so I hope I hear something sometime soon....

Lawny, Sending good luck wishes to you and Marcel for tomorrow. Be sure to post a pic or two so that we can see how beautiful things were.

Mommy2b: Good to see you. I've been thinking about you and I'm glad you and the baby are doing well. Hang in there with your SO. I hope that things work out for you guy's.

Mich...I know it seems like things take forever at the embassy, but I'm sure you'll here something soon. Sometimes they like to "wait" till they've rec'd a bunch of them for the month and then they email everyone with Interview times. That's how it went for me, Gill and a bunch of others so Hang In There! Dave got lucky cause he dropped his DS230 off at the end of February and they scheduled the Interview only a few days later via email.

Lawny....Glad ur co-workers gave u that "big" gift...sounds like u might wanna use it for AOS! :lol::P

Mommy2B....I haven't been on here much but glad u and the baby are doing well. Hope it smooths out with the SO and he's able to be here with you in the future.

Claire....I laughed when I read your posts about "what to share with the SO's about ur past relationships" cause i'm sure that type of stuff comes up all the time. I've been lucky that Dave could care less about my previous relationships, even though he knows about a few. He doesn't have any kids and was pretty open about his past from the beginning.

JG.....I'm with you...I wish he would of asked me to throw away my furniture or some other craziness cause another man has been in my house. LOLLLLL

:)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline

Mich...I know it seems like things take forever at the embassy, but I'm sure you'll here something soon. Sometimes they like to "wait" till they've rec'd a bunch of them for the month and then they email everyone with Interview times. That's how it went for me, Gill and a bunch of others so Hang In There! Dave got lucky cause he dropped his DS230 off at the end of February and they scheduled the Interview only a few days later via email.

Lawny....Glad ur co-workers gave u that "big" gift...sounds like u might wanna use it for AOS! :lol::P

Mommy2B....I haven't been on here much but glad u and the baby are doing well. Hope it smooths out with the SO and he's able to be here with you in the future.

Claire....I laughed when I read your posts about "what to share with the SO's about ur past relationships" cause i'm sure that type of stuff comes up all the time. I've been lucky that Dave could care less about my previous relationships, even though he knows about a few. He doesn't have any kids and was pretty open about his past from the beginning.

JG.....I'm with you...I wish he would of asked me to throw away my furniture or some other craziness cause another man has been in my house. LOLLLLL

Agreed...I bet if you call the dyam embassy next week Wednesday - Friday, they will have a Early September Interview Date for you! Hang in there Sweets...it's coming!! I know...it's so annoying hearing that over and over again...but trust me ...it's the truth! :luv:

M2B...it is SOOOOO darn good to hear from you! We were worried about you Chica! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay in touch with us regardless of how things go with you and your Fiance! So glad to hear that you and Baby Girl are doing well! I pray that that continues!

Don't forget PRAY Chica...Anything and Everything is possible through him! :luv:

Stay well and blessed,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Thanks Nish,

I just felt the need to vent today. lol I'm normally patient, but it's getting harder and harder day by day. I TOTALLY understand how Marlita and the rest of the folks that have been waiting much longer than I have feel. It's all good..... lol I'll just stop checking so often. Thanks for the information because I just assumed that they normally document receipt about a week after drop off. I think everythings moving slow at the embassy right now, so I'll just take a chill pill and relax my mind.

ROC

Timeline

Agreed...I bet if you call the dyam embassy next week Wednesday - Friday, they will have a Early September Interview Date for you! Hang in there Sweets...it's coming!! I know...it's so annoying hearing that over and over again...but trust me ...it's the truth! :luv:

M2B...it is SOOOOO darn good to hear from you! We were worried about you Chica! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay in touch with us regardless of how things go with you and your Fiance! So glad to hear that you and Baby Girl are doing well! I pray that that continues!

Don't forget PRAY Chica...Anything and Everything is possible through him! :luv:

Stay well and blessed,

Gill

Thanks Gill, sometimes just having support from the folks here helps to keep us alive. lol I'll just sit back and be patient...... I haven't called the embassy before or are you speaking of the 202#. Help a sistah out. Thanks a bunch... Sometimes when I think about it only being 4 months from the date we filed, I'm like chill out girl....

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I swear it must be a full moon phase, cause im feeling the need to vent as well... crazy ####### people at my job getting on my nerves, got me all anxious and stuff. I called my SO to whine a little and he is too busy horseplaying with his dyam brothers to be of much use( lending a listening ear) so now i am more mad. :angry:

Maybe it is just PMS, who knows... im going to look for some ice cream or something to calm my nerves....or better yet, i think im going to break out the appleton :yes:

Timeline
I swear it must be a full moon phase, cause im feeling the need to vent as well... crazy ####### people at my job getting on my nerves, got me all anxious and stuff. I called my SO to whine a little and he is too busy horseplaying with his dyam brothers to be of much use( lending a listening ear) so now i am more mad. :angry:

Maybe it is just PMS, who knows... im going to look for some ice cream or something to calm my nerves....or better yet, i think im going to break out the appleton :yes:

Honey, just take it one day at a time like I'm going to do..... I try not to let co-workers get to me because they really don't mean anything to me (their just co-workers). Now what I won't tell you is not to break out the Appleton. That's always a good idea.

ROC

Filed: Timeline

Mommy2b;

It's wonderful to hear from you. Please keep in touch with us, we're all supporting you and your beautiful baby. "Order her steps, Dear God"

Good Luck Tomorrow Lawny!!! :dance::dance: Hope the wedding is wonderful. Don't stress, I know you'll do fine!

Congrats to everyone with upcoming interviews, trips planned to JA and other good news.

:thumbs: ditto!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:ot:

Whaaa de rasss???!!!

Jamaicans could be sought for Iraq and Afghanistan

Finding it difficult to recruit enough soldiers to meet its international commitments, the British Army is reported to be thinking about signing up Jamaicans to fill the posts.

Looking for soldiers within countries with historical and or current British ties, the British military has been facing a hard time getting and retaining soldiers with its engagements in Iraq and continued efforts in Afghanistan against the Taliban.

Already employing around 1200 soldiers from foreign, including commonwealth countries, the British army already has about 600 soldiers in its ranks.

The Brits continue to consider sending a selection team to Jamaica, a former colony of Britain that remains a member of the Commonwealth.

www.yardflex.com

:ot2:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

TNW......AP is fine for travelling all by itself. But, he has a job now, right? Better file EAD immediately too or you are going to have employment issues.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thanks Gill, sometimes just having support from the folks here helps to keep us alive. lol I'll just sit back and be patient...... I haven't called the embassy before or are you speaking of the 202#. Help a sistah out. Thanks a bunch... Sometimes when I think about it only being 4 months from the date we filed, I'm like chill out girl....

Yes Chica, the 202# (202-663-1225) :luv:

If they have the DS-230, you WILL get an interview date in September!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
:ot:

Whaaa de rasss???!!!

Jamaicans could be sought for Iraq and Afghanistan

Finding it difficult to recruit enough soldiers to meet its international commitments, the British Army is reported to be thinking about signing up Jamaicans to fill the posts.

Looking for soldiers within countries with historical and or current British ties, the British military has been facing a hard time getting and retaining soldiers with its engagements in Iraq and continued efforts in Afghanistan against the Taliban.

Already employing around 1200 soldiers from foreign, including commonwealth countries, the British army already has about 600 soldiers in its ranks.

The Brits continue to consider sending a selection team to Jamaica, a former colony of Britain that remains a member of the Commonwealth.

www.yardflex.com

:ot2:

THAT'S INSANE!!! So you're not good enough to migrate here anymore...BUT onnuh can go over to Afghanistan and die for us! Kiss my Black, Gold and Green Batty!!! That's something that should NOT be outsourced by J'Cans!

Dyam nerve!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.