Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I went to work the day after too. I'm still waiting for the honeymoon!

JG -- it will come :rofl: ... I wan to go to St. Barts for our honeymoon (but that's nowhere in the future).

Mexico is my choice. One of these days.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG -- it will come :rofl: ... I wan to go to St. Barts for our honeymoon (but that's nowhere in the future).

Hopefully we'll have one next year. I'm thinking maybe a cruise.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think by the time we pay for all the immigration fees to bring our SOs home we have blew what normal couples spend on wedding and honeymoon. It's worth it!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Ladies just a thought, why don't you'll plan a Honeymoon cruise for a future date, that all VJ's who wants to go can go on together and this way you can meet up with those you might not other wise meet. A future date can be 2 to 3 years from now. If you start the planning now with an possible venue for the cruise. Just a thought.

Roxcie

Timeline

Ladies just a thought, why don't you'll plan a Honeymoon cruise for a future date, that all VJ's who wants to go can go on together and this way you can meet up with those you might not other wise meet. A future date can be 2 to 3 years from now. If you start the planning now with an possible venue for the cruise. Just a thought.

Roxcie

Sounds great. I wish you all well.

I refuse to get on a big boat. I'm sort of a Titanic fanatic.

I think by the time we pay for all the immigration fees to bring our SOs home we have blew what normal couples spend on wedding and honeymoon. It's worth it!

I think that too. It's just that I went from travelling all the time to travelling just once a year and always domestic. It was a difficult transition.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Roxcie

Great idea Roxcie. I'm in!!

I think that too. It's just that I went from travelling all the time to travelling just once a year and always domestic. It was a difficult transition.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Ladies just a thought, why don't you'll plan a Honeymoon cruise for a future date, that way all VJ's who wants to go can go on this cruise together and can meet up with those who you might not other wise meet. A future date can be 1 to 3 years from now. If you start the planning now with an possible venue for the cruise you might get a lot of Vj's who would like to join in. Just a thought.

Roxcie

Timeline
Hola Fam,

Hahahaha...my bed was a virgin before Ken came and messed her up!! She squeaks now :angry: she never used to squeak before she got all this...'sleeping' :rofl:

and yes...My crazy mind did think about that before Kenny came up...we even discussed it! Ken loved the fact that she was a virgin..I think this proves that Ken & I are meant for each other... :wacko: we are both completely nuts! :lol:

Gill

Not crazy......I smile all the time thinking that my ex's new wife sleeps in my bed. :devil: I told him take the daymn thing when he moved out and I got a new one!

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl: ...dyam right! I saw my Ex MIL the other day at the mall and Ken was with me! (She never liked me...cause my family are 'foreginers'(Jamaican) :wacko: ...she told my Ex that I would put Dreadlocks into my boys hair before they were 2!!... :blink: I guess that I met her son when he had dreads means nothing :blink: )

Anyway, I made the introductions to Ken and she was like ..."THIS MAN IS YOUR HUSBAND...HE IS SO YOUNG!!! :o (Ken's 27...but looks younger) Gillian, he looks like he could be one of your students!" Ken looked at me and I was like... :(:unsure: ...My man stepped up and was like ..."Ohhh, but I am Young...Keniel Young and so is my wife...she is 'Forever Young' and I am one of her students...she teaches me something new everyday and... night!" and gave her a ;) and slapped my butt! I busted out in wan dutty laugh! She was like :o and walked away without another word!

That woman always made me feel less than and my Ex joined her in demoralizing me. When she said that about Ken...it took me right back to my 'trying to please the world' stage of my life! Ken was the first man that ever stood up for me to her! She's nothing but a bully and hurt because her husband left her for a 25 year old after 20 odd years of marriage! Now I can understand why! :D

Way to go Ken!!!! :thumbs:

for real.. him ave a brudda gil?? LOL

the nerve of your EX mil, her son don't even do for his kids and she gwaan sey sum'n so facety and rude!!!!! she need to go chat wid him bout his deadbeat ways instead of worrying about how young your husband is..

Hola Fam,

Hahahaha...my bed was a virgin before Ken came and messed her up!! She squeaks now :angry: she never used to squeak before she got all this...'sleeping' :rofl:

and yes...My crazy mind did think about that before Kenny came up...we even discussed it! Ken loved the fact that she was a virgin..I think this proves that Ken & I are meant for each other... :wacko: we are both completely nuts! :lol:

Gill

Not crazy......I smile all the time thinking that my ex's new wife sleeps in my bed. :devil: I told him take the daymn thing when he moved out and I got a new one!

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl: ...dyam right! I saw my Ex MIL the other day at the mall and Ken was with me! (She never liked me...cause my family are 'foreginers'(Jamaican) :wacko: ...she told my Ex that I would put Dreadlocks into my boys hair before they were 2!!... :blink: I guess that I met her son when he had dreads means nothing :blink: )

Anyway, I made the introductions to Ken and she was like ..."THIS MAN IS YOUR HUSBAND...HE IS SO YOUNG!!! :o (Ken's 27...but looks younger) Gillian, he looks like he could be one of your students!" Ken looked at me and I was like... :(:unsure: ...My man stepped up and was like ..."Ohhh, but I am Young...Keniel Young and so is my wife...she is 'Forever Young' and I am one of her students...she teaches me something new everyday and... night!" and gave her a ;) and slapped my butt! I busted out in wan dutty laugh! She was like :o and walked away without another word!

That woman always made me feel less than and my Ex joined her in demoralizing me. When she said that about Ken...it took me right back to my 'trying to please the world' stage of my life! Ken was the first man that ever stood up for me to her! She's nothing but a bully and hurt because her husband left her for a 25 year old after 20 odd years of marriage! Now I can understand why! :D

Way to go Ken!!!! :thumbs:

for real.. him ave a brudda gil?? LOL

the nerve of your EX mil, her son don't even do for his kids and she gwaan sey sum'n so facety and rude!!!!! she need to go chat wid him bout his deadbeat ways instead of worrying about how young your husband is..

For those of you who are in the DC/MD area, a major storm is passing thru. Knocked out my electric a minute ago. Winds are blowing hard.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
hey everybody!!!

I am back in the states. I got to spend a nice long 6 weeks on the island with my honey :)

It was much needed. We celebrated our one year :)

Sadly, still NO immigration news. MY attitude has changed about it though and we have just decided if this isnt the year then I will move there come summer. CRAZY.

anyway, Im about to pass out and I have training in the morning.

I havent read to catch up but I hope everyone is well and you have had a blessed summer!!!

-Shrewdie

Good to hear from u shrewdie!!! Glad u had a wonderful trip and I am soo glad u both have peace with how this whole process is going for you as long as u and your spouse have each other, everything will be alright. What a feeling when u can smile in the face of adversity and still stick together through it all.. I wish nothing but blessings babygirl..

Timeline

I'm home today also and hanging out with my girlfriend from Cali..... It's thrundering here, but no rain yet. I'm trying to go out and get something good to eat.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Clairey

I don't discuss past relationships..only brings bitter to ur mouths..unless it's something relevant to a situation that's happening....

welcome back Shrewdie...

Lawny..baby is good, all is well so far thanks

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Now I'm excited!!

I got the job I wanted!!!!!!!

It's $5 an hour MORE than the other one, hours are better and it's a 20 minute drive!!!! Sooooo excited!! :dance: :dance:

Clairey

I don't discuss past relationships..only brings bitter to ur mouths..unless it's something relevant to a situation that's happening....

welcome back Shrewdie...

Lawny..baby is good, all is well so far thanks

Seet deh, a dat mi seh tuh!!

If it's RELEVANT I will mention it, otherwise I won't volunteer stuff....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
I love, love , love when my SO speaks patois...it sounds so sexy to me, and then he tends to stammer a bit once he starts talking too fast which i think is even cuter. :blush:

Lawny, i cant wait to see your wedding pics, i am really excited for you. Are you planning on any type of honeymoon.

Honey -- Yes on the honeymoon (don't know where yet) NOT THAT WE NEED ONE :devil: , to my surprise my co-workers collected money for me. I've had a rough year since January. I haven't opened the envelope yet, but it's THICK. I have too much things on my desk that has to go out by 11am.

JG -- the thing on the PATWAH bible ticked me off. I went to a private school in Jamaica and the school was ran by a Catholic church from England and we were FORBIDDEN to speak PATWAH at any time on the school grounds. If they hear you, they would beat you. I went to school with kids from all over the world and the few Jamaicans that were at the school may be 50 in all, we were always getting in trouble (especially my little brother)...he would tell the teachers "mi naw chat unu fool fool language".

PATWAH is spoken and written differently thoroughout Jamaica. People in Mobay speak differerently from people in Kingston and other parts of Jamaica. When I was younger my cousins from Kingston would come visit and I thought they were comming from America, because I could not understand a damn thing they were say. On the other hand, since I'm country, they say we speak BUSH language. If I speak raw country PATWAH it's hard for other Jamaicans to understand...Americans would ask if I'm speaking SPANISH and I would just laugh.

Kimmy -- How is the baby?

I'll try and take a few pictures, but it's suppose to rain tomorrow, we'll see. I just want this over and become Mrs. Wynter. So, if I have a girl can I name her Wynter Wnyter? Don't kick me for that.

I'm so tempted to open to envelope now, but my mind is in work mode.

Awww Tre.. I am so proud of your coworkers.. they might actually get to see an email from u that is not cussing somebody out huh :rofl::rofl:

Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

#######? I dare some man to tell me I have to throw away all my stuff cause he won't sit on it. He'd be on the floor and my furniture would stay put.

Claire, your past is what it is, the past. The past is for you to learn from not for other to critiique. I beleive my past is only to be shared if it is going to have some affect or impact on my future.

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

I believe that too. Marcel only wanted to know about my ex (my son's father), since that will be his stepson. I told him everything he wanted to know. He's never asked about anything else. My friend told me when her fiance came up in Janaury...she had to get rid of all her old furniture, bed and coach and I was like (maybe the bed), but why the coach (he didn't want to lay his head where another man's head had been)...my hands in the air. She had to change her home and cell numbers, refused to drive in the car (after he found out it was her ex's car) given to her at the divorce settlement. To me these are petty things. The list goes on. They're now in counseling. I mean, 'ish...it's bad enough you have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster with all the immigration mess and with them adjusting. Thank God I'm blessed. So, far so, good.

Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

Claire, your past is what it is, the past. The past is for you to learn from not for other to critiique. I beleive my past is only to be shared if it is going to have some affect or impact on my future.

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

I believe that too. Marcel only wanted to know about my ex (my son's father), since that will be his stepson. I told him everything he wanted to know. He's never asked about anything else. My friend told me when her fiance came up in Janaury...she had to get rid of all her old furniture, bed and coach and I was like (maybe the bed), but why the coach (he didn't want to lay his head where another man's head had been)...my hands in the air. She had to change her home and cell numbers, refused to drive in the car (after he found out it was her ex's car) given to her at the divorce settlement. To me these are petty things. The list goes on. They're now in counseling. I mean, 'ish...it's bad enough you have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster with all the immigration mess and with them adjusting. Thank God I'm blessed. So, far so, good.

#######? I dare some man to tell me I have to throw away all my stuff cause he won't sit on it. He'd be on the floor and my furniture would stay put.

That man needs to grow up.

AMEN jg!!!!!!! that is just pure foolishness and I would not be the one replacing that stuff either so I hope he brought some extra money along w/ him for all this new stuff!!

its funny u brought this topic up claire.. RG and I had a bit of a blow up a couple of days ago.. for some reason we were talking bout past..and somehow he voiced to me his opinion about women and multiple partners. he said women are different from men and should live more virtous lives ??????????

so of course we go back and forth about how this is such double standard and he tells me about a former girlfriend and how he NEVER looked at her the same becuz she told him that she had had alot of partners. His rass asks how many (big mistake) and she told him the truth that she had had 20 by the age of 25. He said he couldn't help feeling uncomfortable being around her becuz it was always in the back of his mind. he said she would have been better off keeping that to herself.. I was hot, I was like what does that have to do w/ the way she felt about u and how dare u make her feel bad becuz of something she had courage enough to share w/ you!!

See I am learning, I've only had a REAL relationship w/ my ex and I thought it was a good thing to talk about any and everything, but as I mature I see that is not always the case. Some things are better left unsaid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.