Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

I was thinking the same thing last week. To share it all or share a little. So far it's been enough for him to know me but I've decided some stuff is meant to be taken to the grave. :devil:

He has told me stuff too but I must admit in my low points when self-esteem isn't at the highest I will play scenarios in my mind that I know I shouldn't. I really don't want to know honestly. :crying:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways guys, thanks for entertaining me. I am about to go get some sleep as I worked a 23-hour shift last night. Not very busy but the night shift takes a toll on me and I won't recover till tomorrow.

Later, y'all.

Good Day Claire, I will be working from home today, so I will be here for awhile. I won't be having those all day interruptions.

Roxcie

Morning all, hope at least some of you have had some progress on your case. Just wanted to say that I have returned to my old, calm and resolute self and have decided to face whatever comes. i can't believe I was stressing like that the other day,lol. Thank you all for your presence on here, it helps so many people in so many unnoticed way.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Timeline
I know how you feel, Tre. I worked the day of my wedding. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think you should name her Summer Wynter.

How about Summer Dawn Wynter

Roxcie

JG/Roxie;

My sister also suggested Summer Wynter...I was like heck no. He wants a girl child sooooo BAD. I have a pregnancy book in the house from when I was pregnant with my son. Yesterday when I got home he HIGHLIGHTS in bright PINK the sections to shows what position to have sex in if you want to get a girl...I was :rofl: and LMAO! I told him I'm going to start sleeping in my son's room during my peak OVULATION days (like that's fool proof).

OMG..I want a girl can I gets some pictures??!! :devil::blush:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
Morning all, hope at least some of you have had some progress on your case. Just wanted to say that I have returned to my old, calm and resolute self and have decided to face whatever comes. i can't believe I was stressing like that the other day,lol. Thank you all for your presence on here, it helps so many people in so many unnoticed way.

Hi KimCorene I'm being nosey but what is this F-1 petion you have in your timeline.

Wakey

Hi KimCorene I'm being nosey but what is this F-1 petion you have in your timeline.

Wakey

I meant J-1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know how you feel, Tre. I worked the day of my wedding. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I worked on my wedding day too, well half the day.

Congrats Lawny :dance:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Hello KIMCORENE,

Yes, this can be very stressful at times, but it is good to be able to vent or cry with those who have gone before you down this road, or thise who are on the same visa bus you are on. I was thinking the other day, we ladies have this venue here to assist us on dbad/good days. What do our SO have for those good/bad days. I personally think we ( all VJ participates) should all use one long distance carrier, buy their stock and pay ourselves back.

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I meant J-1

Wakey, a J1 is an exchange worker visa - there is a requirement that someone who has held a J1 has to be out of the country for a certain period before filing for a different visa to adjust status.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I meant J-1

Wakey, a J1 is an exchange worker visa - there is a requirement that someone who has held a J1 has to be out of the country for a certain period before filing for a different visa to adjust status.

Oh..thanks

Filed: Timeline

Shyne I was going to come to work after the ceremony and my SO was like, "HECK no, we have work to do" I just laughed.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Shyne I was going to come to work after the ceremony and my SO was like, "HECK no, we have work to do" I just laughed.

I know that's right you need to be hanging from a chandelier after the ceremony not be stressed by butt heads at work!

Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

There are some things that need to be left "in" the past. I told a ex something as well and a few months later we were in a heated arguement and he threw it in my face :wow: You talk about a stab to the heart and a slap to the face!! That hurt more than the inifo I shared with him. That was a lesson learnt the hard way. Some things are just better left un-said.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

I know that's right you need to be hanging from a chandelier after the ceremony not be stressed by butt heads at work!

:rofl::rofl: Thats what I'm talking about :yes:

Lawny I came to work before the ceremony only because I started work at 400am. We got married at 10am and by 12.... :devil:;)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I went to work the day after too. I'm still waiting for the honeymoon!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
I went to work the day after too. I'm still waiting for the honeymoon!

JG -- it will come :rofl: ... I wan to go to St. Barts for our honeymoon (but that's nowhere in the future).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.