Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

Claire, your past is what it is, the past. The past is for you to learn from not for other to critiique. I beleive my past is only to be shared if it is going to have some affect or impact on my future.

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

I believe that too. Marcel only wanted to know about my ex (my son's father), since that will be his stepson. I told him everything he wanted to know. He's never asked about anything else. My friend told me when her fiance came up in Janaury...she had to get rid of all her old furniture, bed and coach and I was like (maybe the bed), but why the coach (he didn't want to lay his head where another man's head had been)...my hands in the air. She had to change her home and cell numbers, refused to drive in the car (after he found out it was her ex's car) given to her at the divorce settlement. To me these are petty things. The list goes on. They're now in counseling. I mean, 'ish...it's bad enough you have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster with all the immigration mess and with them adjusting. Thank God I'm blessed. So, far so, good.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jg, that is a good idea, i have sent D, postcards of various places i have visited, usually with a short note saying these are the places i hope we can explore once your here with me, i had thought about putting together a box of things from Michigan. But i think Michigan sucks...LOL... ( well i do) i am actually hoping that once D is here and settled, we will relocate to the South. But i want it to be very creative and something that would make him laugh, so maybe i will get started. Anyone else have suggestions, feel free to throw them my way....

Lawny, i cant believe your working the day before your wedding!!! i would be a hot mess, anxious and everything else!!!! But im very happy for you, congratulations again.... are you feeling better today???

Shrewdie, welcome back, im with sunnyja i would love to be able to stay in JA for that amount of time, but it would never happen unless i was off of work for any extended amount of time, like a medical leave or stress leave( hey :huh::whistle: that's an idea) :devil:

Anyhoo, hopes everyone has a good day!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

#######? I dare some man to tell me I have to throw away all my stuff cause he won't sit on it. He'd be on the floor and my furniture would stay put.

Claire, your past is what it is, the past. The past is for you to learn from not for other to critiique. I beleive my past is only to be shared if it is going to have some affect or impact on my future.

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

I believe that too. Marcel only wanted to know about my ex (my son's father), since that will be his stepson. I told him everything he wanted to know. He's never asked about anything else. My friend told me when her fiance came up in Janaury...she had to get rid of all her old furniture, bed and coach and I was like (maybe the bed), but why the coach (he didn't want to lay his head where another man's head had been)...my hands in the air. She had to change her home and cell numbers, refused to drive in the car (after he found out it was her ex's car) given to her at the divorce settlement. To me these are petty things. The list goes on. They're now in counseling. I mean, 'ish...it's bad enough you have to deal with the emotional rollercoaster with all the immigration mess and with them adjusting. Thank God I'm blessed. So, far so, good.

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

#######? I dare some man to tell me I have to throw away all my stuff cause he won't sit on it. He'd be on the floor and my furniture would stay put.

That man needs to grow up.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Roxcie

Hey Roxie;

Good morning to you Tre,

The signs were there we choose to ignore them. I'm sorry to hear that they are now at this stage of their relationship. Relationships are to be a work in progress. Every day a hurtle is placed in front of you by outside forces. Why do we throw our own road blocks when society already has that responsibility.

Roxcie

Jg, that is a good idea, i have sent D, postcards of various places i have visited, usually with a short note saying these are the places i hope we can explore once your here with me, i had thought about putting together a box of things from Michigan. But i think Michigan sucks...LOL... ( well i do) i am actually hoping that once D is here and settled, we will relocate to the South. But i want it to be very creative and something that would make him laugh, so maybe i will get started. Anyone else have suggestions, feel free to throw them my way....

Lawny, i cant believe your working the day before your wedding!!! i would be a hot mess, anxious and everything else!!!! But im very happy for you, congratulations again.... are you feeling better today???

Shrewdie, welcome back, im with sunnyja i would love to be able to stay in JA for that amount of time, but it would never happen unless i was off of work for any extended amount of time, like a medical leave or stress leave( hey :huh::whistle: that's an idea) :devil:

Anyhoo, hopes everyone has a good day!!!!

Yes, I'm working the day before my wedding, because out budget year closed June 30th and of course, I was in Jamaica and the FRIGGED up everything :angry: So, for the past 2 weeks I've been trying to fix everything. I feel a little better today, but I would like for people to be ACCOUNTABLE when the mess up. When I make a mistake, I OWN up to it (no worries). Everyone makes mistakes, but just take responsibility for it. I work with highly paid profesisonal that don't have no rass common sense. I can feel a headache comming on. I'm about to heat up my ackee and salt fiish with fry dumpling and let someone say something to me.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Congrats JAEng - a job is a start of something new - use it to move on to bigger and better things! Have you ever thought of advertising your services on Craigslist? Or better yet - create a calendar with that cute boy of yours and market it!

Welcome back, Shrewdie, glad to hear it went well!

When you guys are sending things down, how are you sending them, and how do you deal with customs?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I know how you feel, Tre. I worked the day of my wedding. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think you should name her Summer Wynter.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yes, I'm working the day before my wedding, because out budget year closed June 30th and of course, I was in Jamaica and the FRIGGED up everything :angry: So, for the past 2 weeks I've been trying to fix everything. I feel a little better today, but I would like for people to be ACCOUNTABLE when the mess up. When I make a mistake, I OWN up to it (no worries). Everyone makes mistakes, but just take responsibility for it. I work with highly paid profesisonal that don't have no rass common sense. I can feel a headache comming on. I'm about to heat up my ackee and salt fiish with fry dumpling and let someone say something to me.

Sounds like you have my job! I work with one person in particular who can't make a decision, take an action, etc.. without me holding her hand - and if she does, she screws it up - How the hell did she make it through law school?

Name who? Did I miss something here?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I know how you feel, Tre. I worked the day of my wedding. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

How about Summer Dawn Wynter

Roxcie

My 1st wedding cake just arrived...the 2nd is comming from Florida (don't ask)...my aunt made it and shipped it.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:rofl::rofl: good one JG. Only you girl are so creative. :lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

How about Summer Dawn Wynter

Roxcie

JG/Roxie;

My sister also suggested Summer Wynter...I was like heck no. He wants a girl child sooooo BAD. I have a pregnancy book in the house from when I was pregnant with my son. Yesterday when I got home he HIGHLIGHTS in bright PINK the sections to shows what position to have sex in if you want to get a girl...I was :rofl: and LMAO! I told him I'm going to start sleeping in my son's room during my peak OVULATION days (like that's fool proof).

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
My 1st wedding cake just arrived...the 2nd is comming from Florida (don't ask)...my aunt made it and shipped it.

If I send you my address, can you ship me a piece? :devil: Now, I'm craving cake.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Anyways guys, thanks for entertaining me. I am about to go get some sleep as I worked a 23-hour shift last night. Not very busy but the night shift takes a toll on me and I won't recover till tomorrow.

Later, y'all.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Anyways guys, thanks for entertaining me. I am about to go get some sleep as I worked a 23-hour shift last night. Not very busy but the night shift takes a toll on me and I won't recover till tomorrow.

Later, y'all.

Sleep well Claire...wow 23 hours I use to work like that. I stopped when I had my son. My body would not cooperate.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.