Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, got a job finally.

It's as a school photographer taking photos of elementary age kids.

Not thrilled about it, low pay and a 35 mile journey, but at least it's SOMETHING....

Congrats JAE :dance:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

goodbye have a good one!! nite

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trelawny- I'm so excited for you-I can't wait to hear about the wedding!

I'm a total patois dunce... it is the speed and tone of it that kills me. When they slow WAY, WAY down I'm like, "oh, yeah!" When I met my husband for the first time, he had to tell me his name like 6 times... sometimes I just freeze up when I hear the accent!

Melissa!!! Welcome back girl! Where are the wedding photos??

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Well, got a job finally.

It's as a school photographer taking photos of elementary age kids.

Not thrilled about it, low pay and a 35 mile journey, but at least it's SOMETHING....

Congrats JA!! And it is something you are REALLY good at.

Just make sure those kids comb their damn hair before you snap that photo.........

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Well it is funny, when i visited this last time i took alot of bath and body works shower gels and lotions and two loofah puffy things. I took chocolate amber and cucumber melon, by the end of the week, D was using more of my shower gel than i was and he liked the loofah thingy. I was thinking about getting him some cute boxers, the cheesy kind with the lips on them, maybe...LOL, and maybe a pair of my unmentionables :blush: im not really sure, i just want it to be a surprise, which will be difficult for me, cause when it comes to him i cant hold water...LOL... i may send him something in the mail, like a cd or a card, but the mail is so slow i usually wind up telling him before it arrives...LOL

Don't you think it is funny how our Jamaican men don't have a problem with using our shower and lotion stuff but men in the States won't go near it. I think it show true self confidence self that they don't let a smell define them!!

That is so true. Whenever I go to Ja, Mike always takes my underarm deodorant (good thing I always bring an extra one :whistle: ) and uses the razors that I bring. He asked me to bring him some sine they are triple blade and gives hima good shave. I just went ahead and bought him a Mack 3 with disposable blades that does the same thing.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

hey everybody!!!

I am back in the states. I got to spend a nice long 6 weeks on the island with my honey :)

It was much needed. We celebrated our one year :)

Sadly, still NO immigration news. MY attitude has changed about it though and we have just decided if this isnt the year then I will move there come summer. CRAZY.

anyway, Im about to pass out and I have training in the morning.

I havent read to catch up but I hope everyone is well and you have had a blessed summer!!!

-Shrewdie

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
hey everybody!!!

I am back in the states. I got to spend a nice long 6 weeks on the island with my honey :)

Sadly, still NO immigration news. MY attitude has changed about it though and we have just decided if this isnt the year then I will move there come summer. CRAZY.

I havent read to catch up but I hope everyone is well and you have had a blessed summer!!!

-Shrewdie

Hey girl, welcome back!! :dance: We all missed you. So sorry to hear that nothing is happening with your petition :angry: Seems to me that your file is lost somewhere. Now you have to start rasing he11 and have them become accountable for it. I hope all goes well for you, but keep the faith :thumbs:

Timeline

Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Your thoughts????? :whistle:

Timeline
Ok ladies, here I am again with one of those questions that make you go "huh?" :huh: I am at work and my patients are sleeping so here goes my wondering mind again. lol

Have you ever discussed your past relationships in detail with your SO and has your SO been curious enough to get detail info about your past? I know some people go into specific detail about everything that happened in their past and to me that tends to be a little tricky.

I told my ex-husband about an incident that happened to me in high school that I never told anyone else and it was used against me in ways you cannot even imagine when I least expected it. Until this day I am in shock about what he did but life goes on and I have dealt with it.

Mike has never questioned me about my past and I tell him what I choose to and what is significant for him to know. I feel that if it does not directly affect our current relationship, it is not necessary for him to know.

Claire i dont tell D, everything, but i have shared somethings in my past, so it helps him to better understand the person i am now, and why i am not accepting of certain things. I believe that sometimes telling certain things can work against you, i say that because when me and D were having this discussion about honesty, he relayed some things to me about things he did in his past, I appreciated his honesty at the time, but now i think i subconsciously think about some of the things he revealed.

hey everybody!!!

-Shrewdie

Shrewdie, WELCOME Back. I am glad that you had a wonderful time on the island with your honey. I do tend to agree with everyone else, now is the time for you to seriously make some noise with USCIS. I think you personally needs to set up an infopass and talk to someone face to face. Again welcome back.

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Claire, your past is what it is, the past. The past is for you to learn from not for other to critiique. I beleive my past is only to be shared if it is going to have some affect or impact on my future.

Roxcie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey welcome back Shrewgal, I'm so glad you have had a chance to enjoy your hubby... I wish I could stay on the island for 6 weeks, but with my job tha will never happen. I agree with everyone else, I think you need to go knock on the door at USCIS and get some questions answered. I'm glad you came back with a plan. That will help you get through the next few months. I sure hope you get some news soon, so that your husband can come over to the states.

Clairen:

Some of the things that have happened to me in the past I don't like to bring up. I like to keep the past behind me and just totally focus on the future. If my SO asks then I will share just for the purposes of being honest, but some of the things that have happened to me I just rather forget.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
I send him cards all the time, occasionally i will make CD's of songs that i think he will like and send them. I will give it some thought and try to figure out something neat to send him. :reading: i will just have to put a little effort into it, to make it creative.

I once sent Andre all kinds of touristy things from St. Louis. I figured he was coming here, he should get familiar with things.....post cards, key chains, magnets, a t-shirt, a hat.....whatever I could find interesting from here that I knew he would want to visit when he came. His favorite was anything 6 Flags with roller coasters on them.

Well it is funny, when i visited this last time i took alot of bath and body works shower gels and lotions and two loofah puffy things. I took chocolate amber and cucumber melon, by the end of the week, D was using more of my shower gel than i was and he liked the loofah thingy. I was thinking about getting him some cute boxers, the cheesy kind with the lips on them, maybe...LOL, and maybe a pair of my unmentionables :blush: im not really sure, i just want it to be a surprise, which will be difficult for me, cause when it comes to him i cant hold water...LOL... i may send him something in the mail, like a cd or a card, but the mail is so slow i usually wind up telling him before it arrives...LOL

Don't you think it is funny how our Jamaican men don't have a problem with using our shower and lotion stuff but men in the States won't go near it. I think it show true self confidence self that they don't let a smell define them!!

I work in a place that sells body products. Men make up a huge chunk of our business. I gave my ex some stuff for Christmas. He loved it and asked for more next holiday. And, hubby uses it every night.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
hey everybody!!!

-Shrewdie

Glad you are back safe and sound.

I just saw a thread yesterday.....apparently the 2/24 NOA1 date is the black hole. You might seek it out. There are many waiting like you.

Andre and I used to talk daily for hours.....this continues today, if we have the time. We have talked about everything and anything I can think of. So, my answer is yes. If it's come to mind, we've discussed it.

Hey welcome back Shrewgal, I'm so glad you have had a chance to enjoy your hubby... I wish I could stay on the island for 6 weeks, but with my job tha will never happen. I agree with everyone else, I think you need to go knock on the door at USCIS and get some questions answered. I'm glad you came back with a plan. That will help you get through the next few months. I sure hope you get some news soon, so that your husband can come over to the states.

Clairen:

Some of the things that have happened to me in the past I don't like to bring up. I like to keep the past behind me and just totally focus on the future. If my SO asks then I will share just for the purposes of being honest, but some of the things that have happened to me I just rather forget.

I understand that.

For me, it doesn't work though. I will never apologize to anyone for my past. Anything that has happened has made me who I am today and I am pretty proud of that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
I love, love , love when my SO speaks patois...it sounds so sexy to me, and then he tends to stammer a bit once he starts talking too fast which i think is even cuter. :blush:

Lawny, i cant wait to see your wedding pics, i am really excited for you. Are you planning on any type of honeymoon.

Honey -- Yes on the honeymoon (don't know where yet) NOT THAT WE NEED ONE :devil: , to my surprise my co-workers collected money for me. I've had a rough year since January. I haven't opened the envelope yet, but it's THICK. I have too much things on my desk that has to go out by 11am.

JG -- the thing on the PATWAH bible ticked me off. I went to a private school in Jamaica and the school was ran by a Catholic church from England and we were FORBIDDEN to speak PATWAH at any time on the school grounds. If they hear you, they would beat you. I went to school with kids from all over the world and the few Jamaicans that were at the school may be 50 in all, we were always getting in trouble (especially my little brother)...he would tell the teachers "mi naw chat unu fool fool language".

PATWAH is spoken and written differently thoroughout Jamaica. People in Mobay speak differerently from people in Kingston and other parts of Jamaica. When I was younger my cousins from Kingston would come visit and I thought they were comming from America, because I could not understand a damn thing they were say. On the other hand, since I'm country, they say we speak BUSH language. If I speak raw country PATWAH it's hard for other Jamaicans to understand...Americans would ask if I'm speaking SPANISH and I would just laugh.

Kimmy -- How is the baby?

I'll try and take a few pictures, but it's suppose to rain tomorrow, we'll see. I just want this over and become Mrs. Wynter. So, if I have a girl can I name her Wynter Wnyter? Don't kick me for that.

I'm so tempted to open to envelope now, but my mind is in work mode.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.