Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Well it is funny, when i visited this last time i took alot of bath and body works shower gels and lotions and two loofah puffy things. I took chocolate amber and cucumber melon, by the end of the week, D was using more of my shower gel than i was and he liked the loofah thingy. I was thinking about getting him some cute boxers, the cheesy kind with the lips on them, maybe...LOL, and maybe a pair of my unmentionables :blush: im not really sure, i just want it to be a surprise, which will be difficult for me, cause when it comes to him i cant hold water...LOL... i may send him something in the mail, like a cd or a card, but the mail is so slow i usually wind up telling him before it arrives...LOL

Whatever you send will be special. I send card, small notes, text messags, small things I find in the stores. I like to laugh with my husband, so he never knows what I might be sending. I even send a box of vegetable seeds one time, he was like what was he suppose to do with them. I said plant a container garden. That went over like a belly flop, but his neighbor loved the seeds, so she planted a garden and now she gives him vegetables from out of it. When I was there at the beginning of the month, she requsted more seeds from me. I always like doing the un expected thing. It keeps him on his toes.

Roxcie

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I send him cards all the time, occasionally i will make CD's of songs that i think he will like and send them. I will give it some thought and try to figure out something neat to send him. :reading: i will just have to put a little effort into it, to make it creative.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats JaEnglishGirl.

Thank you!!

How was Carnival?

By the time I got down there, the floats had all stopped...

It was nice. Much hotter than last year. I never made it into my costume....too busy running around making sure the show was on the ride on time. Couple of my girls got sick so I played nurse and made sure everyone else wasn't dehyrated.

It will not be in Bannaker park next year....probably won't on Georgia Avenue either :angry: .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ooops my bad, i thought you were the one wanting to know...LOL

Well wakey, the same goes for you, if you want it you can have it, it has been sitting on my table since it came in the mail and i havent even bothered to try it out...just a dang waste of money. :huh:

MAN Honey I'm so glad I checked with you all because I surely don't want a new phone number! I thought it would an extra phone in the house. RASS!!

Thanks for the kind offer though..back to the research for other options now. lol

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Well it is funny, when i visited this last time i took alot of bath and body works shower gels and lotions and two loofah puffy things. I took chocolate amber and cucumber melon, by the end of the week, D was using more of my shower gel than i was and he liked the loofah thingy. I was thinking about getting him some cute boxers, the cheesy kind with the lips on them, maybe...LOL, and maybe a pair of my unmentionables :blush: im not really sure, i just want it to be a surprise, which will be difficult for me, cause when it comes to him i cant hold water...LOL... i may send him something in the mail, like a cd or a card, but the mail is so slow i usually wind up telling him before it arrives...LOL

Don't you think it is funny how our Jamaican men don't have a problem with using our shower and lotion stuff but men in the States won't go near it. I think it show true self confidence self that they don't let a smell define them!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline

I kept saying " Baby you cant go nowhere with me smelling like chocolate or cucumber melon, and then he found i had orange ginger also and that was pretty much a wrap, matter of fact i left it with him when i left...LOL...i didnt take any perfume with me when i visited because i was certain that TSA was gonna make me throw it out, so whenever we would go out D would spray me and him down with his Curve cologne. I said well dang, there will definitely no question that im with him...sheesh...lol

Timeline
I kept saying " Baby you cant go nowhere with me smelling like chocolate or cucumber melon, and then he found i had orange ginger also and that was pretty much a wrap, matter of fact i left it with him when i left...LOL...i didnt take any perfume with me when i visited because i was certain that TSA was gonna make me throw it out, so whenever we would go out D would spray me and him down with his Curve cologne. I said well dang, there will definitely no question that im with him...sheesh...lol

Same thing with Dwayne he sprays us both down in perfume before we go out. He keeps every bottle I bring with me. :rofl:

Timeline

Good night everyone. I need to get my mind ready for work tomorrow.

post-37934-1216689302_thumb.jpg

post-37934-1216689573_thumb.jpg

post-37934-1216689582_thumb.jpg

post-37934-1216689593_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Congrats JaEng.... I'm glad you found something. :thumbs:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay...I'm in a slump a couple of days before my wedding and I'm trying not to show my feelings to my SO (has nothing to do with my marriage) just a lot going on in my life and at work, I just can't seem to catch up...I just feel like I'm falling backwards...will some one catch me please?

AWWWWW Tre, We are all here for you, darling. Hope by now you are feeling better.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
VENT alert!! And a bit of TMI

Yesterday, my MIL came and took the baby to church.

I fed him around 9-9.30am, she took him at 10.30am. Sent a bottle of water and a bottle of expressed milk. Church finishes at 2pm, she called me at 3.30pm to ask if I wanted her to bring over some dinner, which would take another hour. I was like fine.

She brought him back at 5.30pm.

He immediately wanted to nurse, drained both breasts.

After that, he nursed again in hour, and an hour after that. He went to sleep about 8pm, but must have woken up and nursed every hour throughout the night.

So this morning I asked her how much he had drunk when he was with her, because of how many times he had nurse during the night.

She said he had drunk NOTHING!!!!!!

In EIGHT hours, NO LIQUID??????????

He's TEN frigging months old, I would have a problem with my SEVEN YEAR OLD not drinking for a DAY!!

So I told her basically that it was not acceptable, he needed have been nursed.

She started going on about she didn't agree, any liquid would have done.

So I said, but he DIDN'T have ANY LIQUID at all!!

She said she tried him with the water and the milk, but he didn't take it, which is typical of him.

But in my opinion, SHE SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT HIM HOME THEN!!!!

Then she made a comment about him being almost 11 months old and still breastfeeding and then went on to say I did it for my own benefit!!!

I said PARDON ME??????

What BENEFIT is this??

Sore nipples??

Waking in the night to feed him??

Unable to go on a diet??

I was so angry I said to her that both me and her SON had decided that the baby was going to be breastfed until he was a year old and NOTHING was going to change that.

I also said to her that I could understand if she was going on about me feeding FORMULA to the baby but BREASTMILK????

So she said she was busy and hung up.

Am I wrong for being angry????

As a mother who is still nusing (my son is almost 7 months) and plans on doing so (or at least expressing milk) until my son is 1 year old I agree with you. Hubby feels that I should breastfeed until about 18 months but we came to a compromise.

MIL had some nerve to say it is for your benefit. My grandmother told me that after six months my son needs to be on formula :blink: and I said why - she says that at that age he is too old to be nursed. Now mind you I am the only one in my family that decided to nurse my son so how can she tell me when I need to stop? I pump at work and nurse him at home.

And in regard to the diet - AMEN to that! I too want to diet but can't do so until I stop breastfeeding.

Your son should have had something to drink - even if it was just water. Dehydration is no fun at all, especially for little ones.

I agree I would be angry. That is not right. I have been nursing now for 3 months and want to make it to 6 months. My dad thinks it is silly and thinks I should switch to formula when I go back to work. My mother stuck up for me. She was the only one to nurse on my dads side. I am the only one of my cousins who has nursed and I am the youngest. My DH wants me to go for a year but who knows if I will have enough supply. And I hear you on the diet part. Wouldn't that be nice.

The only thing I saw werid about nursing was the lady on the Tyra Banks show nursing her 2 daughters until they were 8. That is the 3rd grade. But there is nothing wrong on whatever way you feed your baby. You have to give them liquids. Dang I couldn't survive without liquids more than 4 hours during the day.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hola Fam,

Hahahaha...my bed was a virgin before Ken came and messed her up!! She squeaks now :angry: she never used to squeak before she got all this...'sleeping' :rofl:

and yes...My crazy mind did think about that before Kenny came up...we even discussed it! Ken loved the fact that she was a virgin..I think this proves that Ken & I are meant for each other... :wacko: we are both completely nuts! :lol:

Gill

Not crazy......I smile all the time thinking that my ex's new wife sleeps in my bed. :devil: I told him take the daymn thing when he moved out and I got a new one!

HAHAHAHAHA :rofl: ...dyam right! I saw my Ex MIL the other day at the mall and Ken was with me! (She never liked me...cause my family are 'foreginers'(Jamaican) :wacko: ...she told my Ex that I would put Dreadlocks into my boys hair before they were 2!!... :blink: I guess that I met her son when he had dreads means nothing :blink: )

Anyway, I made the introductions to Ken and she was like ..."THIS MAN IS YOUR HUSBAND...HE IS SO YOUNG!!! :o (Ken's 27...but looks younger) Gillian, he looks like he could be one of your students!" Ken looked at me and I was like... :(:unsure: ...My man stepped up and was like ..."Ohhh, but I am Young...Keniel Young and so is my wife...she is 'Forever Young' and I am one of her students...she teaches me something new everyday and... night!" and gave her a ;) and slapped my butt! I busted out in wan dutty laugh! She was like :o and walked away without another word!

That woman always made me feel less than and my Ex joined her in demoralizing me. When she said that about Ken...it took me right back to my 'trying to please the world' stage of my life! Ken was the first man that ever stood up for me to her! She's nothing but a bully and hurt because her husband left her for a 25 year old after 20 odd years of marriage! Now I can understand why! :D

Way to go Ken!!!! :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.