Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thanks Honey,

that's really nice..but I think Wakey would do better with it..my company has ainternational long distance plan..get a couple hours a month for like $20...but i know what ur talking about

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

ooops my bad, i thought you were the one wanting to know...LOL

Well wakey, the same goes for you, if you want it you can have it, it has been sitting on my table since it came in the mail and i havent even bothered to try it out...just a dang waste of money. :huh:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
alright Ms. Lawny and Mrs Young, im gonna need some Patois lessons soon, my SO's brother talks so dang fast till 95% of the time im only understanding every other word. My SO rarely speaks Patois too me, though i ask him too all the time and he appreciates that im really trying hard to learn, but does the understanding come in hearing it more or understanding it phonetically? :huh:

I can understand the spoken word but have a really hard time with it written.

JG -- you've always done well understanding what's written.

Too much written patois gives JG a headache... :yes:

Honey...your comprehension of patois will come in time!! Jawi876 wrote a wonderful story called "My name is Not Stella" it is written primarily in patois. Its posted on here..if you haven't already you should read it...it definately helped others.

You will get it...give it time! :luv:

Gill

P.S.- I love hearing Ken's accent when he is tipsy or 'Red' and em start chat some ish!! Its all slurry and rude! :rofl::o:lol:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Well, got a job finally.

It's as a school photographer taking photos of elementary age kids.

Not thrilled about it, low pay and a 35 mile journey, but at least it's SOMETHING....

Congratulations, this is just a stepping stone to something better. Just wait and see.

Roxcie

Yuh seet!!

I've been listing my sound tapes on Craigslist too, I have over 3000, smaddy MUSS wah some lol!!

Congrats Chica.hevery nickle mek a mukkle!!!!

That's great news!!!

Plus you're GREAT at photography!!!

Congratulations on getting the job JaEngy!! Remember, this is your FIRST step, not your FINAL step...betta job soon come for you ;)

Yes mi dear, will keep looking!

Congratulations, this is just a stepping stone to something better. Just wait and see.

Roxcie

Thank you :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

that is funny gill, D will say baby you hear me chat patois...lol... the minute i say yeah, he starts talking a mile a minute, I will usually yell " cut it out" and then he will start laughing. I have noticed that written patois is sometimes hard to follow because everyone writes it differently, there seems to be no method to how things are spelled, as long as it sounds like what you want it to sound like...LOL

alright Ms. Lawny and Mrs Young, im gonna need some Patois lessons soon, my SO's brother talks so dang fast till 95% of the time im only understanding every other word. My SO rarely speaks Patois too me, though i ask him too all the time and he appreciates that im really trying hard to learn, but does the understanding come in hearing it more or understanding it phonetically? :huh:

I can understand the spoken word but have a really hard time with it written.

JG -- you've always done well understanding what's written.

Too much written patois gives JG a headache... :yes:

Honey...your comprehension of patois will come in time!! Jawi876 wrote a wonderful story called "My name is Not Stella" it is written primarily in patois. Its posted on here..if you haven't already you should read it...it definately helped others.

You will get it...give it time! :luv:

Gill

P.S.- I love hearing Ken's accent when he is tipsy or 'Red' and em start chat some ish!! Its all slurry and rude! :rofl::o:lol:

Now this is what I asked my husband, how come when you speak Patois, your voice chnage to a higher pitch. He start laughing and said No I don't know. Then he proceeds to speak using his British accent. When he is angry it's his Jamaican accent.

Roxcie

and then there were two! why does everyone keep leaving? am i the only one who has no life, tonight? :rolleyes:

Honey remember it's 6:46 in Jamaica now, so phones must be ringing. :dance:

Roxcie

Timeline

LOL...shoot my SO is working the 2pm to 10 pm shift tonight, so i only got to talk to him briefly while he was on break and he knows if he calls when he gets off,im going to be delirious with sleep. I only started sleeping decent again, so he knows not to wake me up, or its a wrap.

Timeline

Im thinking about sending D a care package, of some sort, just because i need something to keep myself occupied. My oldest son is working a summer job, my youngest is on vacay with the grands, my best friend is on military leave and my other friend is on one of her ongoing every week crisises. I thought maybe putting together a cute little care package would be my next project, as i have never sent one to him. Anyone have any suggestions....LOL

Im thinking about sending D a care package, of some sort, just because i need something to keep myself occupied. My oldest son is working a summer job, my youngest is on vacay with the grands, my best friend is on military leave and my other friend is on one of her ongoing every week crisises. I thought maybe putting together a cute little care package would be my next project, as i have never sent one to him. Anyone have any suggestions....LOL

Now if i was to send a care package it would be panties and teners(boxers), my bath oil or soap and my favorite perfume. Again this would be the way I roll. Remember ME. :whistle:

Roxcie

Congrats JaEnglishGirl.

Thank you!!

How was Carnival?

By the time I got down there, the floats had all stopped...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Well it is funny, when i visited this last time i took alot of bath and body works shower gels and lotions and two loofah puffy things. I took chocolate amber and cucumber melon, by the end of the week, D was using more of my shower gel than i was and he liked the loofah thingy. I was thinking about getting him some cute boxers, the cheesy kind with the lips on them, maybe...LOL, and maybe a pair of my unmentionables :blush: im not really sure, i just want it to be a surprise, which will be difficult for me, cause when it comes to him i cant hold water...LOL... i may send him something in the mail, like a cd or a card, but the mail is so slow i usually wind up telling him before it arrives...LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.