Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
VENT alert!! And a bit of TMI

Yesterday, my MIL came and took the baby to church.

I fed him around 9-9.30am, she took him at 10.30am. Sent a bottle of water and a bottle of expressed milk. Church finishes at 2pm, she called me at 3.30pm to ask if I wanted her to bring over some dinner, which would take another hour. I was like fine.

She brought him back at 5.30pm.

He immediately wanted to nurse, drained both breasts.

After that, he nursed again in hour, and an hour after that. He went to sleep about 8pm, but must have woken up and nursed every hour throughout the night.

So this morning I asked her how much he had drunk when he was with her, because of how many times he had nurse during the night.

She said he had drunk NOTHING!!!!!!

In EIGHT hours, NO LIQUID??????????

He's TEN frigging months old, I would have a problem with my SEVEN YEAR OLD not drinking for a DAY!!

So I told her basically that it was not acceptable, he needed have been nursed.

She started going on about she didn't agree, any liquid would have done.

So I said, but he DIDN'T have ANY LIQUID at all!!

She said she tried him with the water and the milk, but he didn't take it, which is typical of him.

But in my opinion, SHE SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT HIM HOME THEN!!!!

Then she made a comment about him being almost 11 months old and still breastfeeding and then went on to say I did it for my own benefit!!!

I said PARDON ME??????

What BENEFIT is this??

Sore nipples??

Waking in the night to feed him??

Unable to go on a diet??

I was so angry I said to her that both me and her SON had decided that the baby was going to be breastfed until he was a year old and NOTHING was going to change that.

I also said to her that I could understand if she was going on about me feeding FORMULA to the baby but BREASTMILK????

So she said she was busy and hung up.

Am I wrong for being angry????

I agree with you!! I would have died in 8 hrs with no drink. Poor baby! She should've brought him home if he wouldn't take anything else, especially when she knows he doesn't like the bottle.

Stick to your guns - you are doing the best that you can for your son by giving him this jumpstart.

Dang sounds like she wants to control your life even by restricting your son's ability to breast feed. Tell her to take way herself you know what your baby needs and aren't asking her for help or advice so back off!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am most definitely going to stick to my guns.

I would have got into it with my HUSBAND let alone anyone else if they kept being snarky about breastfeeding.

He's still sleeping, but he'll be having something to say when he wakes up.

I phoned and spoke to my FIL and basically told him as well that it's ridiculous that the baby had nothing, which he agreed.

He felt bad because he was at the house, but it wasn't like he knew anything.

I know she loves the baby to death, but dammit, she should KNOW better!

I fed him around 9-9.30am, she took him at 10.30am. Sent a bottle of water and a bottle of expressed milk. Church finishes at 2pm, she called me at 3.30pm to ask if I wanted her to bring over some dinner, which would take another hour. I was like fine.

After that, he nursed again in hour, and an hour after that. He went to sleep about 8pm, but must have woken up and nursed every hour throughout the night.

So this morning I asked her how much he had drunk when he was with her, because of how many times he had nurse during the night.

He's TEN frigging months old, I would have a problem with my SEVEN YEAR OLD not drinking for a DAY!!

She said she tried him with the water and the milk, but he didn't take it, which is typical of him.

Then she made a comment about him being almost 11 months old and still breastfeeding and then went on to say I did it for my own benefit!!!

I said PARDON ME??????

What BENEFIT is this??

Sore nipples??

Unable to go on a diet??

I was so angry I said to her that both me and her SON had decided that the baby was going to be breastfed until he was a year old and NOTHING was going to change that.

I also said to her that I could understand if she was going on about me feeding FORMULA to the baby but BREASTMILK????

I agree with you!! I would have died in 8 hrs with no drink. Poor baby! She should've brought him home if he wouldn't take anything else, especially when she knows he doesn't like the bottle.

Stick to your guns - you are doing the best that you can for your son by giving him this jumpstart.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay...I'm in a slump a couple of days before my wedding and I'm trying not to show my feelings to my SO (has nothing to do with my marriage) just a lot going on in my life and at work, I just can't seem to catch up...I just feel like I'm falling backwards...will some one catch me please?

You know we will girlfriend!!! (L)

Is there a full moon right now that's making us feel off???!! Mi nah no....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

$1.50 cheesecake? Like you can get around that place on a normal day. What a nightmare that will be.

Maybe the full moon theory is on target. I'm feeling it as well. I wanted to kill someone this weekend. Luckily, it passed.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I said PARDON ME??????

What BENEFIT is this??

Sore nipples??

Unable to go on a diet??

As a mother who is still nusing (my son is almost 7 months) and plans on doing so (or at least expressing milk) until my son is 1 year old I agree with you. Hubby feels that I should breastfeed until about 18 months but we came to a compromise.

MIL had some nerve to say it is for your benefit. My grandmother told me that after six months my son needs to be on formula :blink: and I said why - she says that at that age he is too old to be nursed. Now mind you I am the only one in my family that decided to nurse my son so how can she tell me when I need to stop? I pump at work and nurse him at home.

And in regard to the diet - AMEN to that! I too want to diet but can't do so until I stop breastfeeding.

Your son should have had something to drink - even if it was just water. Dehydration is no fun at all, especially for little ones.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

LMAO Honey - I am between two laptops - Mine is dying, and my new one didn't come in yet - So I stole my admins (she's on vacation) and am half working on that one, and running my email on the dying one - Fun day!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On the topic of breastfeeding...I am all for breastfeeding..but when is the breast milk not substantial anymore..many studies have shown that u get the same nutrition from the formula..some may ague bonding and immunity and such

I know a lady who breastfed her kids until they were about 4..that is just ridiculous..her last is now on it...i think that's nasty and just out of control....what is this child getting from u at this point ?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
On the topic of breastfeeding...I am all for breastfeeding..but when is the breast milk not substantial anymore..many studies have shown that u get the same nutrition from the formula..some may ague bonding and immunity and such

I know a lady who breastfed her kids until they were about 4..that is just ridiculous..her last is now on it...i think that's nasty and just out of control....what is this child getting from u at this point ?

A child gets something from you during all aspects of their lives. You just have to pick and choose what is best for them and actually works for you.

4 is an outrage. That is beyond me.

I always get so mad when I see that Suri Cruise girl walking around with a bottle. She's much too old for that. But, then again, Tom Cruise never called and asked me. If I had his phone number, I would call and tell him what I think.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG..i agree ur child gets something from u at some point...but what I'm saying is what are the benefits of the breastmilk at a certain age? maybe I should be doing some research :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

My sister breastfed all of my nephews until about 18 months - From 5 months on, they were eating solid food, and the last 6 months or so just nursing at night - maybe it was comfort for them to go to sleep, whatever - But they are all healthy, intelligent, athletic, happy boys.

Age 4, however, is a bit too old in my mind!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

4 years old......that's nothing try age 8...saw that on dateline a few years ago. I almost threw up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ... :)

Girl you are just like a friend of mine. Wherever she goes she takes her own linen and we don't even use the towels in the hotels, no matter how "clean" they look. :lol:

The bed and mattress is "virgin". :lol: Never did the "horizontal mumbo jumbo" :no: in it and I have had them for almost three years :P

I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ... :)

I never thought about it. Makes sense though. We recently moved...started over with new stuff except our mattress for our bedroom. Damien wants to buy a new one....maybe that's why...

In JA, Damien lived in a bachelor pad with 4 of his friends. I only stayed there for two nights. If those walls could talk...

:lol::lol::lol:

All this mattress talk is making me feel like Lawny....'hat like fiyah' :rofl::rofl:

Hola Fam,

Hahahaha...my bed was a virgin before Ken came and messed her up!! She squeaks now :angry: she never used to squeak before she got all this...'sleeping' :rofl:

and yes...My crazy mind did think about that before Kenny came up...we even discussed it! Ken loved the fact that she was a virgin..I think this proves that Ken & I are meant for each other... :wacko: we are both completely nuts! :lol:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
JG..i agree ur child gets something from u at some point...but what I'm saying is what are the benefits of the breastmilk at a certain age? maybe I should be doing some research :)

Here you go, Kimmy..... http://www.4woman.gov/Breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=227

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Girl you are just like a friend of mine. Wherever she goes she takes her own linen and we don't even use the towels in the hotels, no matter how "clean" they look. :lol:

The bed and mattress is "virgin". :lol: Never did the "horizontal mumbo jumbo" :no: in it and I have had them for almost three years :P

I never thought about it. Makes sense though. We recently moved...started over with new stuff except our mattress for our bedroom. Damien wants to buy a new one....maybe that's why...

In JA, Damien lived in a bachelor pad with 4 of his friends. I only stayed there for two nights. If those walls could talk...

:lol::lol::lol:

All this mattress talk is making me feel like Lawny....'hat like fiyah' :rofl::rofl:

Hola Fam,

Hahahaha...my bed was a virgin before Ken came and messed her up!! She squeaks now :angry: she never used to squeak before she got all this...'sleeping' :rofl:

and yes...My crazy mind did think about that before Kenny came up...we even discussed it! Ken loved the fact that she was a virgin..I think this proves that Ken & I are meant for each other... :wacko: we are both completely nuts! :lol:

Gill

Haaaaaaaaaa Gill;

You sure are crazy. Well, I'm sure the neigbors downstairs just love me (TMI)....

Forgot to share this with you guys. My friend had to return for a second interview at the embassy last week and she said that she was surprised at the amount of people that were applying at the Kingston Embassy that were from other countries. I noticed that also at my interview. I think the people were from Gambia and the other family was from Dominican Republic

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.