Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Honey, that only works if you are both in JA - Otherwise, you have to do it through the two links I posted. Registering for Webflex was a bit of a pain, because you have to verify who you are - once that is done, using it is really easy.

Honeychild, the eztop.com works very well. I have used that to add minutes to my hubands phone, again i don't know why he doesn't have a monthly plan. Soon it will be a moot point.

I will be visiting JA for about 3 weeks in November and I will be there for my B-Day. I just convinced my hubby to give a small social party on my B-day. We are going to give it on the roof top and invite no more than 15 people. These are to be fifteen of his best friends. I told him that I wanted to have an event inwhich his friends can get to know me, more than the Hi and goodbye settings that I have meet them in. I am so looking forward to this. I am hoping that this will be at least seven couples. I told him I didn't want it t be just 15 males. I know some of them have wives, G-friends or Baby M. I wants them to get to known me in a setting that I can be comfortable in, The last time I was there his friends and us went to a dance together but we didn't communciate much. So I am hoping that this will be a time which I can really get to know some of his friends better.

Roxcie

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ROxcie, i think that is a good idea. Especially so they know ,hey this is Joes wife, get used to seeing her. I met D's brothers, and it was cool, after the accident, his one brother gave me his phone number as an alternative, if there is an emergency with D and i cant contact him. I thought that was sweet. I also went out with D and his supervisor at his job, he was really anxious for me to meet him. He is an older guy and D really looks up to him for mentoring, i suppose..as him and his own dad dont have much of a relationship. I would really like to meet D's mom, but she lives in Kingston where he is originally from. I know Kingston is a long trip and somewhat dangerous. Honestly i am in no hurry to go there, but i want to meet her. I dont know what his situation/home is like there and i dont want him to be uncomfortable or embarassed around me period. He suggested letting me talk to her on the phone one time, but her patois is so heavy i dont want to offend her if i cant understand everything she is saying. I guess we will figure it out soon enough, when i go in october.

Timeline

Okay, so today was a good day. Much better than yesterday... i attended church and a wedding. An older lady in our church got remarried after her first husband died four years ago. It was so sweet, i actually had to stop myself from bawling....mainly because the bride and groom were in the early 60's and 70's. Made me realize that it is never too late to take a first, or even a second chance at love...which is truly befitting for many of us here on VJ, who have already experienced previous relationships which may have not worked out. They were so happy, just beaming at one another like two high school kids in love. I CANNOT wait until the day i can be with D, and we can experience that same kind of happiness together..*sigh) :goofy:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Ladies;

Question of the day????? :whistle:

I have seen this discused somewhere on another thread but wanted the yardie version/opinion!!!

The question is:--how does you or your SO feel about sleeping on the same mattress as your ex did? Was it a cause for concern? I was laying in bed last night thinking about this as I was rolling restlessly from side to side on my bed. I have not had anyone but myself sleep in this new bed that I bought over two years ago and was wondering how Mike would feel if he had to come sleep in a bed that another man slept in. It really does not matter to me but you all know how Ja men are particular and fussy.

Let me know your opinion on this. :blush:

No issues. I don't even think Andre thinks about it.

We did just finally buy a new bed this past spring. He'd been sleeping in the old one 2 years now. Same mattresses, though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Honey, that only works if you are both in JA - Otherwise, you have to do it through the two links I posted. Registering for Webflex was a bit of a pain, because you have to verify who you are - once that is done, using it is really easy.

I did this too Sus.... It took over a week for them to verify my information and then it worked perfect. The only thing now is I somehow deleted my credit card account and it will not let me add it back in so I'm not able to send mins. I'm not going back through that again to set it back up. It's a pain.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ...:)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I think it's not even a thought cause in Andre's house, with all those kids running around, they would usually sleep more then one to a bed. Sometimes it was so crowded you couldn't move. It's just nice to sleep with just 2 of us in the bed.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Happy Sunday everyone! I know I probably won't get many responses to this question but thought I check anyway. Does anyone know where some futbul locations are in the ATL area? I've been searching the old yardie threads and haven't seen anything.

Lawny I'm supper excited for your big day Wednesday. You've finnally reached the big day.

Awakening,

I know that you can definitely find soccer locations in Stone Mountain. I will ask around. There is a new soccer park in Atlanta (off of Camp Creek Parkway & Welcome All Road). It is about 15 minutes from the airport.

Mrs. Scott

Thanks so much Mrs. Scott. You are awesome!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Sunday everyone! I know I probably won't get many responses to this question but thought I check anyway. Does anyone know where some futbul locations are in the ATL area? I've been searching the old yardie threads and haven't seen anything.

Lawny I'm supper excited for your big day Wednesday. You've finnally reached the big day.

Awakening - contact MorbantBayGirl....she lives in Atlanta. Her husband plays futbul.

Edited by sjb1221

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ...:)

I never thought about it. Makes sense though. We recently moved...started over with new stuff except our mattress for our bedroom. Damien wants to buy a new one....maybe that's why...

In JA, Damien lived in a bachelor pad with 4 of his friends. I only stayed there for two nights. If those walls could talk...

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline
I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ... :)

Girl you are just like a friend of mine. Wherever she goes she takes her own linen and we don't even use the towels in the hotels, no matter how "clean" they look. :lol:

The bed and mattress is "virgin". :lol: Never did the "horizontal mumbo jumbo" :no: in it and I have had them for almost three years :P

I understand what ur saying Claire..My thoughts run wild and the fact that this is the MATTRESS they/you used to share MOMENTS just makes my skin itch...our bed is brand new for both of us...i wouldn't sleep on a mattress that I know used to be THE BED..i told my husband many times he laughs but..i wouldn't be able to sleep..call me crazy...it's a pet peeve (sp)..and this is also a reason why I do not like to stay in hotels...I bring sheets and pillow cases to put over theirs ... :)

I never thought about it. Makes sense though. We recently moved...started over with new stuff except our mattress for our bedroom. Damien wants to buy a new one....maybe that's why...

In JA, Damien lived in a bachelor pad with 4 of his friends. I only stayed there for two nights. If those walls could talk...

:lol::lol::lol:

All this mattress talk is making me feel like Lawny....'hat like fiyah' :rofl::rofl:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Awakening - contact MorbantBayGirl....she lives in Atlanta. Her husband plays futbul.

I will thanks again!!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Clairey..I'm phobic in sooo many ways it's not even funny...but my husband is worse I though i was the clean freak..yeah ok. While he lived in JA I got to his house but never sleep there..he refused cause mi a farriner :) and dis and dat can happen at anytime..so we'll hang for the day or fi a dance and then head back to my granny yaad..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Nice resort opening Fall 2008 in Negril. Check it out. Grand opening rates look pretty good.

http://www.moondanceresorts.com/cliffs/cliffs_home.htm

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Other Timeline
Morning Ladies;

Question of the day????? :whistle:

I have seen this discused somewhere on another thread but wanted the yardie version/opinion!!!

The question is:--how does you or your SO feel about sleeping on the same mattress as your ex did? Was it a cause for concern? I was laying in bed last night thinking about this as I was rolling restlessly from side to side on my bed. I have not had anyone but myself sleep in this new bed that I bought over two years ago and was wondering how Mike would feel if he had to come sleep in a bed that another man slept in. It really does not matter to me but you all know how Ja men are particular and fussy.

Let me know your opinion on this. :blush:

No issues. I don't even think Andre thinks about it.

We did just finally buy a new bed this past spring. He'd been sleeping in the old one 2 years now. Same mattresses, though.

I had issues...I bought a new bed.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.