Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny, Sbj, Roxie, UnRuly, we need to do a MARYLAND link up.

Girl, I'm down. Let's do it.

Lawny, you ready for Wednesday?!! I'm so happy for you. I've been following your journey on VJ and so glad Marcel is here and the DAY is finally here for, as you and Gil put it, you get to marry your best friend.

:dance: ... that's me dancing at your reception... :dance:

Yeah, this all happened so fast. I wish you guy's all the luck in the world as you marry your bestfriend. Lawny, send me a PM with your address....

Anytime your ready. I'm in.. Maybe we can all do happy hour or brunch somewhere. I was suppose to meet SJB some time ago. lol Our schedules are just so crazy. Let me know when and I'm there.

Roxcie,

I've been to Colony South before, but just for lunch. I know exactly what room your talking about because that's where we ate.

Where is everyone located. PM me if you don't want to post.

I'm in Bowie.

I'm in Clinton. across from Colony South.

Ok, so that's why you do the Colony South thing. lol I'm in Lake Arbor or near MVA.

I know exactly where you are. Yes, the CS thing works for me, because it is not too crowded durning happy hour. Also I hate going to a place for social drinks and I can't hear myself talk. Tre, I know some of my brother-in-laws friends play soccer in Landover on Sundays.

Roxcie

Well, I'll have to try it out... I normally go into DC for happy hour and I hear there are a couple nice places in the Blvd at Cap Centre.

I work by the waterfront in DC, so I do some of the clubs down there for happy hour, but on weekends, especially Fridays, I will meet my GF at CS since we both live in this area. Sunny, you know how bad the traffic is in this area, so once I get home I am not up for going back down town. But the subway is quite close so I could hop on it and travel back down. What's in the Blvd that happening? If you are at the Blvd, look up the store HoneyComb Hideout. Hint HInt.. Family owned.

Roxcie

I work by the waterfront to. lol I drive to work everyday. They have jazz at Stonefish Grill, and then they have the new place that Lavar Arrington opened called Sideline up. I've seen Honeycomb, but never went in, so I'll have to check it out.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I'm willing to go to the New Harbor. They have this new speed boat ride called Seadog that looks lots loads of fun. VCheck it out. http://www.seadogcruises.com/dc/

Ok girls, I'm outta here. Heading with my mom shopping. I'll check you guy's later. Have a great day.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Happy Sunday everyone! I know I probably won't get many responses to this question but thought I check anyway. Does anyone know where some futbul locations are in the ATL area? I've been searching the old yardie threads and haven't seen anything.

Lawny I'm supper excited for your big day Wednesday. You've finnally reached the big day.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny, you ready for Wednesday?!! I'm so happy for you. I've been following your journey on VJ and so glad Marcel is here and the DAY is finally here for, as you and Gil put it, you get to marry your best friend.

Yeah, this all happened so fast. I wish you guy's all the luck in the world as you marry your bestfriend. Lawny, send me a PM with your address....

Anytime your ready. I'm in.. Maybe we can all do happy hour or brunch somewhere. I was suppose to meet SJB some time ago. lol Our schedules are just so crazy. Let me know when and I'm there.

Roxcie,

I've been to Colony South before, but just for lunch. I know exactly what room your talking about because that's where we ate.

I'm in Bowie.

Ok, so that's why you do the Colony South thing. lol I'm in Lake Arbor or near MVA.

I know exactly where you are. Yes, the CS thing works for me, because it is not too crowded durning happy hour. Also I hate going to a place for social drinks and I can't hear myself talk. Tre, I know some of my brother-in-laws friends play soccer in Landover on Sundays.

Roxcie

Well, I'll have to try it out... I normally go into DC for happy hour and I hear there are a couple nice places in the Blvd at Cap Centre.

I work by the waterfront in DC, so I do some of the clubs down there for happy hour, but on weekends, especially Fridays, I will meet my GF at CS since we both live in this area. Sunny, you know how bad the traffic is in this area, so once I get home I am not up for going back down town. But the subway is quite close so I could hop on it and travel back down. What's in the Blvd that happening? If you are at the Blvd, look up the store HoneyComb Hideout. Hint HInt.. Family owned.

Roxcie

Roxcie -- I know one of the owners of HoneyComb -- an old college friend. What a small world!

Re: Colony South - I grew up in Clinton. I remember when Colony South wasn't there (okay, I'm dating myself now). My mom still lives there so I'm very familiar with the area -- although its changing so much lately. I love Colony South's brunch -- OMG I can taste the waffles now.

I'm down for whatever the group decides. I haven't been out lately because the plantation has me working overtime, so I'm not one to ask about the latest spot to hang out outside of the couch in my living room (so sad).

Timeline

Morning Ladies;

Question of the day????? :whistle:

I have seen this discused somewhere on another thread but wanted the yardie version/opinion!!!

The question is:--how does you or your SO feel about sleeping on the same mattress as your ex did? Was it a cause for concern? I was laying in bed last night thinking about this as I was rolling restlessly from side to side on my bed. I have not had anyone but myself sleep in this new bed that I bought over two years ago and was wondering how Mike would feel if he had to come sleep in a bed that another man slept in. It really does not matter to me but you all know how Ja men are particular and fussy.

Let me know your opinion on this. :blush:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Roxcie,

I'm in Bowie.

Roxcie

Roxcie

Roxcie -- I know one of the owners of HoneyComb -- an old college friend. What a small world!

Re: Colony South - I grew up in Clinton. I remember when Colony South wasn't there (okay, I'm dating myself now). My mom still lives there so I'm very familiar with the area -- although its changing so much lately. I love Colony South's brunch -- OMG I can taste the waffles now.

I'm down for whatever the group decides. I haven't been out lately because the plantation has me working overtime, so I'm not one to ask about the latest spot to hang out outside of the couch in my living room (so sad).

I say small world...

Roxcie

Anytime yuh ready!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I'm in Waldorf....

Roxcie,

I'm in Bowie.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

I see you IrieCat!!

Give poor Louis a break girl :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline
Happy Sunday everyone! I know I probably won't get many responses to this question but thought I check anyway. Does anyone know where some futbul locations are in the ATL area? I've been searching the old yardie threads and haven't seen anything.

Lawny I'm supper excited for your big day Wednesday. You've finnally reached the big day.

Awakening,

I know that you can definitely find soccer locations in Stone Mountain. I will ask around. There is a new soccer park in Atlanta (off of Camp Creek Parkway & Welcome All Road). It is about 15 minutes from the airport.

Mrs. Scott

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was reading about you adding money to the phone online where do you go to do that.I go to digicel site and it does not give me that option. Thank you for your help in advance.

Honey, I add credit online to DJ's phone through the Digicel site if he doesn't have it - that way, he has enough to enroll in the plan when it is about to expire. It costs about $15.00, and is cheaper than what I would pay through Ringyard.

Timeline

It's called Webflex, Mrs. W - the link is here:

https://webflex.digicelgroup.com/login.aspx

You have to register, and you have to use Internet explorer, it doesn't work with firefox.

Other people have used ezetop = https://www.ezetop.com/

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mrs. W,

I have never tried to add credit to D's phone, but i saw this on the digicell site.

Dial *128*1876 the receiver's number* the amount you want to send# and press send

e.g *128*18761234567*175# (to send $175 to 1234567)

In that one simple step, credit is sent directly from your Digicel to any friend's or family's Digicel prepaid phone.

Both Digicel prepaid and postpaid customers can send credit with Credit U, but only Digicel prepaid customers can receive credit this way.

Sus has more experience with this than i do, so im going to check out what she is talking about also. Good Luck to you hope it helps

Timeline

Honey, that only works if you are both in JA - Otherwise, you have to do it through the two links I posted. Registering for Webflex was a bit of a pain, because you have to verify who you are - once that is done, using it is really easy.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.