Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

morning ladies,

The weather is still drizzly and crappy here in michigan. My first inclination was to lay in the bed all morning, but then that would only lead to me being bored and mopey all day so im going to get up and prepare myself for church. ;) i talked to D, last night and felt much better. It is amazing the difference in hearing his voice makes me feel sometimes. He then decided to fuss a little about us going thru these phone cards so fast, as we intended to make them last by limiting the amount of time we talk. He says " baby im putting my foot down" we cannot talk for hours on end, we are using up our time, so we have to limit ourselves...I just started laughing, im like look at D trying to be all authoritative :hehe:

Anyhoo, i hope everyone has a good day today. Be blessed ladies.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning ladies,

The weather is still drizzly and crappy here in michigan. My first inclination was to lay in the bed all morning, but then that would only lead to me being bored and mopey all day so im going to get up and prepare myself for church. ;) i talked to D, last night and felt much better. It is amazing the difference in hearing his voice makes me feel sometimes. He then decided to fuss a little about us going thru these phone cards so fast, as we intended to make them last by limiting the amount of time we talk. He says " baby im putting my foot down" we cannot talk for hours on end, we are using up our time, so we have to limit ourselves...I just started laughing, im like look at D trying to be all authoritative :hehe:

Anyhoo, i hope everyone has a good day today. Be blessed ladies.

Honeychild, have D top look into getting the international calls added to his digicel. They have somthing like for 20.00 a month he can call the USA for 16 hours. I will ask my hubby about it and try to post what information I can glen out of him.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Honeychild, have D top look into getting the international calls added to his digicel. They have somthing like for 20.00 a month he can call the USA for 16 hours. I will ask my hubby about it and try to post what information I can glen out of him.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Did they extend this? Last I heard the promo was going to expire in July - It is $1200 JA (when you include the tax) for the 16 hrs, but once you use it up you still have the rate of 8 cents a minute for the rest of the month. I think you hit #134 to enroll, you have to have enough credit on the phone to do it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Be Bless

Roxcie

Did they extend this? Last I heard the promo was going to expire in July - It is $1200 JA (when you include the tax) for the 16 hrs, but once you use it up you still have the rate of 8 cents a minute for the rest of the month. I think you hit #134 to enroll, you have to have enough credit on the phone to do it.

I really don't know, I will talk with Joe today about it. I use Rebtel, when I call. I like the fact that I have assigned local numbers to his JA number. This way I can call him from my office phone at work.

Its HOT here in the DC/MD area, so most of the action for today will be inside.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

D, already enrolled in it before and that was what we were using, it expired while i was there visiting and then with him being off of work for his injuries he didnt have the extra money to do it, so i just started using ringyard again, which i like. He gets paid this Thursday i think, so he said he will add it to his phone then, in the meantime because i like to talk and talk, we wind up going thru about 60minutes a day, and he is saying we need to limit these conversations when i am using ringyard credit to about 20 minutes. IM LIKE D,im just getting warmed up talking good in 20 mins. " He goes baby im not gonna argue" :bonk: so i understand his reasoning, but i dont necessarily like it.

Filed: Timeline

We also had the 16-hour plan, but Marcel would buy 2 or 3 chips. So, it ended up being $55/a month. Can't beat that.

Honey;

We had to learn to limit our conversations. At night, we would talk for 2 to 3 hours. I missed him, but the distance made me appreciate our relationship more.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Honey, I add credit online to DJ's phone through the Digicel site if he doesn't have it - that way, he has enough to enroll in the plan when it is about to expire. It costs about $15.00, and is cheaper than what I would pay through Ringyard.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Sunny. What are you doing today?

Hey girl,

I'm hanging with mommy today. I decided to hang out with her this weekend because she says I'm always on the run. What you up to?

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Honey, I add credit online to DJ's phone through the Digicel site if he doesn't have it - that way, he has enough to enroll in the plan when it is about to expire. It costs about $15.00, and is cheaper than what I would pay through Ringyard.

I signed up for the free 30 text messages thru his phone too. Go to digicel and sign him up. I send Joe text messages from on-line from his phone to his phone. They are his small daily surprises. I always want him to feel like he is part of my daily life, just because an body of water separate us he is still onmy mind all day long. When I go back down to JA, I am going to see how I can program his phone to show my picture when a text is received from me.

The last time I was there I left my favorite bottle of perfume (expensive too), his neice told me that when every she sees him, he smells like the perfume I used to wear. Lucky for him, the smell can be worn by both men and woman.

Roxcie :thumbs:

Timeline
Im trying gill, lord knows im trying....you know idle hands is the devils workshop. I am willing myself to not be depressed, i had a life before D and i need to remember that, but the distance and loneliness can get the best of me at times. Even now im waiting for him to get off work so we can talk....( shaking my head) i need to get a hobby...LOL :mellow:

Honey, I know what you mean, today has been a rainy day in JA so my husband and I have been on the phone all day long talking, Well I quess we have used up our 16 hours for the month. Ha Ha. :bonk: He won't get anymore international time until the 15th of the month. But I wouldn't have traded today for anything. We talked about anything and eveything. Remember those days when you were young and you and your girlfriends talked on the phone all day long, it was like that. We started at brunch, break at midday, took long naps and then called back for afternoon snack. I know this sounds crazy, but we are newlyweds. All of my friends seems to be out of town or busy this weekend and it is very HOT today. I bet you when he get here, my friends will want to hang out again. In my group of friends I was the only one not married, now that I am married, they are busy with other things. So I hung out today with my best friend, my husband. Hids friends yelling outside asking him whats keeping him holed up in the house. When he tells them he is on the phone with me, they are yelling to tell me hello, or good day.

Will see what tonight brings. Rooftop music in Jamaica. I can't wait for our phone call tonight. Ragae Music playing with the rain falling on the roof.

I am Bless today

Roxcie

Aww, Roxcie... that's so sweet...."rooftop music". That's what me and AW did last night -- I love it when it rains cause I can imagine what it's like in the countryside. All breezy and cool. That's when I really want to be beside AW singing old songs and holding each other.

Timeline
, he has this weird thing about keeping tags on clothes which drives me nuts, i usually " accidentally" pull them off when he isnt looking...lol...

LOL - DJ did that with a pair of sunglasses - he was wearing them with the sticker on the lens - I accidentally scratched it off :whistle:

Ray doesn't like me to take the stickers off his baseball caps. He says girl this is the way we do it in JA. lol Seem s like that's the way the guys do it here to.

ROC

Timeline
Sunny, Sbj, Roxie, UnRuly, we need to do a MARYLAND link up.

Girl, I'm down. Let's do it.

Lawny, you ready for Wednesday?!! I'm so happy for you. I've been following your journey on VJ and so glad Marcel is here and the DAY is finally here for, as you and Gil put it, you get to marry your best friend.

:dance: ... that's me dancing at your reception... :dance:

Timeline

Anytime your ready. I'm in.. Maybe we can all do happy hour or brunch somewhere. I was suppose to meet SJB some time ago. lol Our schedules are just so crazy. Let me know when and I'm there.

Roxcie,

I've been to Colony South before, but just for lunch. I know exactly what room your talking about because that's where we ate.

Where is everyone located. PM me if you don't want to post.

I'm in Bowie.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Anytime your ready. I'm in.. Maybe we can all do happy hour or brunch somewhere. I was suppose to meet SJB some time ago. lol Our schedules are just so crazy. Let me know when and I'm there.

Roxcie,

I've been to Colony South before, but just for lunch. I know exactly what room your talking about because that's where we ate.

I'm in Bowie.

I'm in Clinton. across from Colony South.

Timeline

Girl, I'm down. Let's do it.

Lawny, you ready for Wednesday?!! I'm so happy for you. I've been following your journey on VJ and so glad Marcel is here and the DAY is finally here for, as you and Gil put it, you get to marry your best friend.

:dance: ... that's me dancing at your reception... :dance:

Yeah, this all happened so fast. I wish you guy's all the luck in the world as you marry your bestfriend. Lawny, send me a PM with your address....

Roxcie,

I'm in Bowie.

I'm in Clinton. across from Colony South.

Ok, so that's why you do the Colony South thing. lol I'm in Lake Arbor or near MVA.

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.