Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Michele ur right..I unlock my phone to use it when I go as well and cannot use it with digicel...

Roxcie...u better learn to lessen that 1 suitcase for shoes only..cause with the weight and baggage requirements changin...u soon only can carry one suitcase :)...i sued to do the same..until I started traveling with Kimora who does not get a bag..so picture me packing for myself and a 2 mths old for a 3 week trip in 1 suitcase

Hey, I am not quite clear what you'll are saying here. I had my husband razor unlocked, is was ATT phone, and it worked for him in JA. I brought my phone unlocked (Blackberry) and it works with my digicel chip. I know spirit and verzion phone do not have chips, (some of them do) so you can't use those. I would still buy a cheap unlock phone to use in JA, rather than keep bearing the international rates for calls I am making in JA to JA .

This site is having a sale on unlock phone for any one who may be intrested in purchasing unlock phones.

http://www.wirelesshut.com/

Roxcie

Thanks. We're looking for unlocked phones for our trip.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Ok,

So Ken & I are hear watching Oldies Videos and they had a block of OLD time New Edition Videos..."Cool It Down , Candy Girl & Earth Angel!!" Ken's like "Dem sound good...Is who Dem?" I'm like "NEW EDITION!!!!" :blink::huh: "Oh yeah...thats right you were like TWO when they came out!!!" :no::rofl::rofl: ... :blush:

Bless,

Gill

:rofl: That's funny. Damien knows every old song....even ones older than me. We were in a store yesterday and a Smoky Robinson song came on and he had the nerve to ask me "who dat??" Like I woudn't know Smoky :wacko:

We always have singing and lyrics contests to see who knows the words of songs. Needless to say, he usually wins except for Saturday nights....when we listen to a radio station that plays 80's music. He knows most of the songs. Then I teach him the dance moves....

Last night, he put on an old school dancehall cd and I had to name the artist :blink: If I didn't know the artist then I had to do a old dance move...it was funny as hell.

Filed: Timeline

Sunny, Sbj, Roxie, UnRuly, we need to do a MARYLAND link up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Definitely. Sunny and I said probably sometime in the fall.

We can't forget JAEnglish and JALOVE. Can't think of anyone else at this moment...

We can't forget JAEnglish and JALOVE. Can't think of anyone else at this moment...

Darn, that's right. For some reason, I keep thinking Ja'Enlgish is in Miami. Anytime you ready. I think my SO is starting to get bored, but I don't really go to dances and clubs. I guess he'll have to hang with my brothers.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning ladies! I agree with you all that communication is the key, and Gill I also believe that this distance can help to build a stronger relationship. When you remove the physical and only have the words, it is amazing the subjects that you can get into. DJ and I talk about so many things, I never know where the conversation is going to go when we get on the phone for a long time.

Last time I was in Jamaica with him, I had an absolute and total meltdown, and was a raving lunatic - it was over something so minor on his part, and to anyone else, I would have seemed like a crazy woman. He realized that it was the anniversary of my Dad's death (and I had PMS, lol) and handled me in that state better than anyone I have ever dated in my life).

DJ likes when I buy him clothes - oddly enough, the only thing he didn't like at first was a black shirt, because he doesn't wear black - I am the queen of black, lol. But, now he loves it. If you ladies have Burlington Coat Factory near you, I do really well in their men's clearance section - I have bought some great designer shirts for $4.99 or so -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
, he has this weird thing about keeping tags on clothes which drives me nuts, i usually " accidentally" pull them off when he isnt looking...lol...

LOL - DJ did that with a pair of sunglasses - he was wearing them with the sticker on the lens - I accidentally scratched it off :whistle:

Timeline

Darn, that's right. For some reason, I keep thinking Ja'Enlgish is in Miami. Anytime you ready. I think my SO is starting to get bored, but I don't really go to dances and clubs. I guess he'll have to hang with my brothers.

What about the gym? That's Damien's outlet. We moved to VA...down the street from his job. Yet, he still goes to Maryland to the gym...well at least until he comes back to JA. But he met some really good friends. Damien doesn't hang not much without me :wacko: or my family (most females).

His gym buddies invited him to a party last night. I encouraged him to go but he came back home 2 hours later...

What about the gym? That's Damien's outlet. We moved to VA...down the street from his job. Yet, he still goes to Maryland to the gym...well at least until he comes back to JA. But he met some really good friends. Damien doesn't hang not much without me :wacko: or my family (most females).

His gym buddies invited him to a party last night. I encouraged him to go but he came back home 2 hours later...

See, Marcel is the same way. At his farewell party in Jamaica I told him he could stay with his friends since it was in Montego Bay and I we were staying at my dad's house in Trelawny 32 miles away. I didn't want him driving that far that late at night. I was shocked when he drove into the driveway at 4am. He says he could not sleep without me, so he got up and drove to my dad's house. He joined the gym 2 weeks ago...but I think he's missing going out.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Roxie, I did the exact same thing with Mike today. Can't tell how long we have not spoken for long time on the phone. With his schedule and mine, we just have time for a quick hello before bed, then he goes to church all day Saturday and on Sunday he does his laundry and prep for work monday morning. Because it was raining today, he stayed home and called me at a point when I was folding clothes and thinking that only if he were here we would be folding clothes together. I had to top up my phone card and I don't think I have any minutes left on it for the month. Anyway, it was great talking to him for such a long time. As you said we talked about every and any thing today. It was really different but good :thumbs:

All I can do is laugh at this......If I could only get my husband to fold laundry! :whistle:

Andre and I used to talk for hours when seperated. It was always nice and I hoped it wouldn't stop. Now, we sit on the back porch and talk like that. Usually it is the stupidest stuff....yet, special all the same.

Yup, I remember those days were I would use back to back 4 hour phone cards and just 'Chat!' In a way, I think it was so much better than a traditional relationship...because when you are talking separately over the phone... sex doesn't really get in the way...maybe phone sex... :devil: ...but that's still talking! :lol: You talk about EVERYTHING under the sun and really get to know your partner! Ken and I would have the most random of conversations on those days...but I loved them all the same!

Like JG, Now Ken loves to chat on our back porch...I can hang with him for a while until the bugs come out and spoil everything! (I HATE INSECTS!!) So then we continue the convo in our bedroom...just whispering in the dark! I live for those moments these days! We are both so darn busy...him working 7 days a week now and 10-12 hour shifts...I miss my best friend! :crying: He came home early yesterday! Me and the boys were like... :D So we had family game/movie night! IT WAS GREAT!!

Ladies, don't forget G-d does EVERYTHING for a reason. Our plans are not always his...sit tight your day is coming...keep the faith! :thumbs:

Bless,Gill

Believe it or not..... almost 4 years later, I sometimes miss those long distance calls :luv:

Don't get me wrong....we talk alot here too but those phone calls were so special. They were the best.

Good morning everyone, Tre I am onboard for a Maryland link up. Ladies thanks for the words of encouragements. Here we are at Sunday again, the work week to start all over again. Church is definitely on the list. Everthing else is up for grab.

Roxcie

Timeline

See, Marcel is the same way. At his farewell party in Jamaica I told him he could stay with his friends since it was in Montego Bay and I we were staying at my dad's house in Trelawny 32 miles away. I didn't want him driving that far that late at night. I was shocked when he drove into the driveway at 4am. He says he could not sleep without me, so he got up and drove to my dad's house. He joined the gym 2 weeks ago...but I think he's missing going out.

Not much going on these days....Crossroads doesn't have many dancehall artists anymore. The owner gotten into some trouble from what I heard. We haven't been out awhile.

Timeline

Good morning everyone, Tre I am onboard for a Maryland link up. Ladies thanks for the words of encouragements. Here we are at Sunday again, the work week to start all over again. Church is definitely on the list. Everthing else is up for grab.

Roxcie

I would be onboard for a Maryland linkup too!

Not much going on these days....Crossroads doesn't have many dancehall artists anymore. The owner gotten into some trouble from what I heard. We haven't been out awhile.

Ladies, I visit a little spot called Colony South, its on Branch Ave. There is a small bar next door to their five star resturant. On Fridays and Saturday night they have a live band. It's a place you can still talk and hear music with your friends. Also they serve food, so its a nice little club. The drinks and the food are very reasonable priced. There is a five dollar cover charge after 7:00 pm. So we try to get there at 6:45, because we leave before midnight.

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.