Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Roxcie, you make it sound so sweet. When D is at work and it rains he is super busy, at the bar, cause everyone comes and hangs out. Today has been rainy and humid in michigan all day, there is nothing on TV and im moping around. i will snap myself out of it though.

Honeychild, I have had many a bad, depress and loney days too. But I just wants to remember the happy days. I am lonely as hell, before I got married I could count on picking up the phone and calling some old friends male or female just to hang out. I still hang out with them, but it seems everyone has a different agenda now. Honeychild I meet my husband here in the USA, and we hung out for five months before he went back to JA. We were good friends before I allow it to proceed to us being lovers. When he left here last Sept, that was when Irealized how much I loved him. I had to pull off of the highway from the airport, because I was crying so hard. He kept trying to call me while he was waiting to board the plane, I won't answer the phone. The only thing that made me answer the phone was he stated that he was going to leave the airport and be out of visa status. I knew this would cause major problems for him, so I answered the phone and tried to tell him I was okay.

Before I got back home, his brother who was still here in the USA, was on his way to my house. My now brother-in-law and his now wife, sat with me until Joe called me when he landed in JA. Then I told them to go home, because I needed to cry myself to sleep. So you see this being separated has and still is hard on me.

Be Bless

Roxcie

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

It is pretty slow on that end as well, takes about 2 weeks just for a letter from JA in my experience.

Ohhhh please...I am STILL waiting for my Valentine's day Card and CD from Ken!!!! Ken never signs his cards so I think a dyam JA post office teef opened it and took the card & CD and recycled it to his Girl for V-day! :lol: :lol:

Gill

Talking about mail;

At least your not getting mail from the embassy and our interview was over 3 weeks ago. Got another interview letter today. I sent them an e-mail when I got one on Monday.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Roxie and honey; ya'll making my cry and my SO is here.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WTH?? lawny there sending you interview stuff and the man is there in the states with you....LOL...that is kind of scary, wonder what the hell is going on in Kingston. Anyhoo, dont feel bad for me, im just a big baby, im probably on the verge of PMS'ing, and then everything is amplified, first im sad then i turn around and get mad at D for not answering the phone, though he is at work, and then i find something else to be mad about and then im sad cause i miss him, so i guess today im just having one of my bipolar feel sorry for myself episodes...LOL... He should be home from work shortly and i will get my " fix" and then i will be alright... :wacko:

Roxie and honey; ya'll making my cry and my SO is here.

Tre, my Hubby asked me to buy him some dress clothews, OH girl I am going to buy him a pink, light lavender and a charcoal gray shirt. At first he was no you won't know how to buy for me. I was have you ever seen me in anything you didn't like. He was NO, so I said trust me. Lord this is going to be so much fun. I love shopping for him. Now I get to buy something other than jeans. GQ GQ :devil::crying:

Roxcie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

D, is so dang picky Roxcie till i have days when i want to bust him in his head, his shirts gotta be starched till there standing up, he has this weird thing about keeping tags on clothes which drives me nuts, i usually " accidentally" pull them off when he isnt looking...lol...and then dont even get me started on the layering of clothing, to me JA is hot, i want to be cool and dress cool, but not D, doesnt matter, he may have on a long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and t shirt, socks, shorts underneath his jeans...makes me hot just thinking about it. But overall he looks very nice when he is together. I have to restrain myself from buying things for him...i agree though it is fun to shop,for them. He spoils me in his own ways though and makes me feel very loved and protected when we are together.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You will love this, Gill...........

I just told Andre our car was ready to pick up after I get off work today. 5 freakin' days they had this thing....UGH! Anyhow, I said, well, on the bright side, we didn't use any gas this week. There is that. He said....... ARE YOU READY?....

You can use the money we didn't spend on gas to buy yourself a birthday present.

Crabby or not, I held my tongue. No good would come from what I was/am thinking!

At least he remembered.

He didn't remember our anniversary, I am PISSED as hell with him.

Still haven't got anything from him for it.

Not even a damn card.

He only remembered cause I have been telling him all the time.

Andre will never forget our anniversary.....we married on is birthday.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

D, is so dang picky Roxcie till i have days when i want to bust him in his head, his shirts gotta be starched till there standing up, he has this weird thing about keeping tags on clothes which drives me nuts, i usually " accidentally" pull them off when he isnt looking...lol...and then dont even get me started on the layering of clothing, to me JA is hot, i want to be cool and dress cool, but not D, doesnt matter, he may have on a long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and t shirt, socks, shorts underneath his jeans...makes me hot just thinking about it. But overall he looks very nice when he is together. I have to restrain myself from buying things for him...i agree though it is fun to shop,for them. He spoils me in his own ways though and makes me feel very loved and protected when we are together.

Joe is picky about his clothes aswell. I just like buying special things for him, I don't buy alot, because he doesn't want people to get the wrong idea. So what, they already think it. That's another subject fpr another time. My husband says when he can afford to spoil me he will and he will spoil me more than i have done for him. :D Those were his word exactly. Well I am going to shut down now, get ready for the night and Sunday's church service.

Honey, I hope you and D have a wonderful night on the phone.

Good night

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

That hasn't changed for us. I can be 100 degrees here and he'll still have layers on.

I worked all day at our Lush super heros party. It was fun.

Came home and put some henna on my daughters hair. She looks all green and smells like creamed spinach now. 3 hours of listening to her crab before it's over.

Going to make myself some chai tea and watch some tv for a while. Till hubby comes home.

Seemed like an overly long day today.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Im trying gill, lord knows im trying....you know idle hands is the devils workshop. I am willing myself to not be depressed, i had a life before D and i need to remember that, but the distance and loneliness can get the best of me at times. Even now im waiting for him to get off work so we can talk....( shaking my head) i need to get a hobby...LOL :mellow:

Honey, I know what you mean, today has been a rainy day in JA so my husband and I have been on the phone all day long talking, Well I quess we have used up our 16 hours for the month. Ha Ha. :bonk: He won't get anymore international time until the 15th of the month. But I wouldn't have traded today for anything. We talked about anything and eveything. Remember those days when you were young and you and your girlfriends talked on the phone all day long, it was like that. We started at brunch, break at midday, took long naps and then called back for afternoon snack. I know this sounds crazy, but we are newlyweds. All of my friends seems to be out of town or busy this weekend and it is very HOT today. I bet you when he get here, my friends will want to hang out again. In my group of friends I was the only one not married, now that I am married, they are busy with other things. So I hung out today with my best friend, my husband. Hids friends yelling outside asking him whats keeping him holed up in the house. When he tells them he is on the phone with me, they are yelling to tell me hello, or good day.

Will see what tonight brings. Rooftop music in Jamaica. I can't wait for our phone call tonight. Ragae Music playing with the rain falling on the roof.

I am Bless today

Roxcie

Roxie, I did the exact same thing with Mike today. Can't tell how long we have not spoken for long time on the phone. With his schedule and mine, we just have time for a quick hello before bed, then he goes to church all day Saturday and on Sunday he does his laundry and prep for work monday morning. Because it was raining today, he stayed home and called me at a point when I was folding clothes and thinking that only if he were here we would be folding clothes together. I had to top up my phone card and I don't think I have any minutes left on it for the month. Anyway, it was great talking to him for such a long time. As you said we talked about every and any thing today. It was really different but good :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Thanks Roxcie.

Hey JG, what's up?

Hey, girlie. I'm good. You?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Im trying gill, lord knows im trying....you know idle hands is the devils workshop. I am willing myself to not be depressed, i had a life before D and i need to remember that, but the distance and loneliness can get the best of me at times. Even now im waiting for him to get off work so we can talk....( shaking my head) i need to get a hobby...LOL :mellow:

Honey, I know what you mean, today has been a rainy day in JA so my husband and I have been on the phone all day long talking, Well I quess we have used up our 16 hours for the month. Ha Ha. :bonk: He won't get anymore international time until the 15th of the month. But I wouldn't have traded today for anything. We talked about anything and eveything. Remember those days when you were young and you and your girlfriends talked on the phone all day long, it was like that. We started at brunch, break at midday, took long naps and then called back for afternoon snack. I know this sounds crazy, but we are newlyweds. All of my friends seems to be out of town or busy this weekend and it is very HOT today. I bet you when he get here, my friends will want to hang out again. In my group of friends I was the only one not married, now that I am married, they are busy with other things. So I hung out today with my best friend, my husband. Hids friends yelling outside asking him whats keeping him holed up in the house. When he tells them he is on the phone with me, they are yelling to tell me hello, or good day.

Will see what tonight brings. Rooftop music in Jamaica. I can't wait for our phone call tonight. Ragae Music playing with the rain falling on the roof.

I am Bless today

Roxcie

Roxie, I did the exact same thing with Mike today. Can't tell how long we have not spoken for long time on the phone. With his schedule and mine, we just have time for a quick hello before bed, then he goes to church all day Saturday and on Sunday he does his laundry and prep for work monday morning. Because it was raining today, he stayed home and called me at a point when I was folding clothes and thinking that only if he were here we would be folding clothes together. I had to top up my phone card and I don't think I have any minutes left on it for the month. Anyway, it was great talking to him for such a long time. As you said we talked about every and any thing today. It was really different but good :thumbs:

All I can do is laugh at this......If I could only get my husband to fold laundry! :whistle:

Andre and I used to talk for hours when seperated. It was always nice and I hoped it wouldn't stop. Now, we sit on the back porch and talk like that. Usually it is the stupidest stuff....yet, special all the same.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I can do is laugh at this......If I could only get my husband to fold laundry! :whistle:

Andre and I used to talk for hours when seperated. It was always nice and I hoped it wouldn't stop. Now, we sit on the back porch and talk like that. Usually it is the stupidest stuff....yet, special all the same.

Yup, I remember those days were I would use back to back 4 hour phone cards and just 'Chat!' In a way, I think it was so much better than a traditional relationship...because when you are talking separately over the phone... sex doesn't really get in the way...maybe phone sex... :devil: ...but that's still talking! :lol: You talk about EVERYTHING under the sun and really get to know your partner! Ken and I would have the most random of conversations on those days...but I loved them all the same!

Like JG, Now Ken loves to chat on our back porch...I can hang with him for a while until the bugs come out and spoil everything! (I HATE INSECTS!!) So then we continue the convo in our bedroom...just whispering in the dark! I live for those moments these days! We are both so darn busy...him working 7 days a week now and 10-12 hour shifts...I miss my best friend! :crying: He came home early yesterday! Me and the boys were like... :D So we had family game/movie night! IT WAS GREAT!!

Ladies, don't forget G-d does EVERYTHING for a reason. Our plans are not always his...sit tight your day is coming...keep the faith! :thumbs:

Bless,Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Yup, I remember those days were I would use back to back 4 hour phone cards and just 'Chat!' In a way, I think it was so much better than a traditional relationship...because when you are talking separately over the phone... sex doesn't really get in the way...maybe phone sex... :devil: ...but that's still talking! :lol: You talk about EVERYTHING under the sun and really get to know your partner! Ken and I would have the most random of conversations on those days...but I loved them all the same!

Like JG, Now Ken loves to chat on our back porch...I can hang with him for a while until the bugs come out and spoil everything! (I HATE INSECTS!!) So then we continue the convo in our bedroom...just whispering in the dark! I live for those moments these days! We are both so darn busy...him working 7 days a week now and 10-12 hour shifts...I miss my best friend! :crying: He came home early yesterday! Me and the boys were like... :D So we had family game/movie night! IT WAS GREAT!!

Ladies, don't forget G-d does EVERYTHING for a reason. Our plans are not always his...sit tight your day is coming...keep the faith! :thumbs:

Bless,Gill

I agree Gill;

Keep the faith and try your best to stay focus on what your goals are for the both of you. I can't believe I'll be married on Wednesday. Yesterday we talked and talked for hours about what we like or disliked about each other. Can't find anything yet, we've lived together for a month, if we count the 2 weeks I spent in Jamaica before he got here. I can't believe I'm IN LOVE with my best friend. I pray and hope that he will never change, but only time will tell. He cooks, cleans, does laundry and IRONS, if I leave a grocery list -- he follows all my instructions, helps with my son and gives me some "ME time" and damn if I didn't need some "ME time" :devil: The other day he helped my neighbor bring some furniture into their apt. on the 3rd floor and they guy offered him $100 (my SO refused to take the money. Yesterday the neighbor left a note on my car to call his wife and I did. He wants my SO to help her husband out at their car dealership for a few months while his brother is on business in Morocco.

Gill/JG;

You're both right COMMUNICATION is the key. I think that's why we don't argue much and he has this thing about NEVER going to bed with a heavy heart or being mad at each other. He says we have to talk it out until we resolve whatever is wrong.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.