Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gilli...u know seh mi love the heat..it no bother mi at all...

and doant follow di one Lawny..she WILL NOT come to yuh baby shower :) ..she just love mek trouble :devil:

Ohhh LAWD..are you serious...I had my youngest Gavin in August and I was ready to move to bloody Antarctica by APRIL!!!!! Mi cyan't tek deh heat ...especially not when I'm PG!!! Glad fi hear seh yuh arright! ;)

Bless,

Gill

Wait deh KIMMY you see dat...I think Gill just type di word PG=PREGNANT...maybe I'm reading dat wrang. :rofl:

Luv ya

You two are too dyam much! You, Kimmi and Ken are all anxious to get me PG! :no: We are NOT 'PG' at this current time...but thanks for asking! Geez if and when it happens onnuh will be 3rd & 4th fuh knoa...right afta mi han Ken! But gotta tell ya I am not planning on it right now! I want to wait til we get our baby, KJ up here into this crazy mix before bringing yet another child into the mix!

Although Missa Young has different plans :lol::lol::lol: "Pickney is pickney...1,2,3,4.. it's all deh same...what's one more?" :huh::blink: 'If we were inna Yard...mi wouldda give yuh all 3 more pickney but now!' :blink: Yet another reason fi thank G-d for the ole U.S. of A!!

He has given up wearing 'boots' now. In his head "Married men doan wear nuh dyam boots" :wacko:So me and that ovulation calculator are best friends...during peak times tings LACKHOFF! :devil:

Lawny...you got NEXT!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl: I'm thinking if I know Marcel well enough...this time next year you'll be ready to pop...if yuh nuh ave wan by then! :devil::lol:

Bless,

Gill

Ovulation Calculator!! Does that really work well? Hmmm....I predicting we may be getting a little Ken-Ken and Gillie soon. :devil:

On a similar note. I have no clue when I ovulate. I am never on any sort of typical cycle, how does this work?

Haha Lita...you're funny...NOT!! :hehe:

Check it out...http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator

Love ya :luv: ,

Gill

Thanks Gill. I've been searching for something like this. I still ain't ready.....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Mrs. P,

That is funny, that is exactly what i do as well. Since returning from JA, i have been playing catch up, i have one guy who was psych admitted while i was in JA who is still there, one who is decompensating more and more every day and nine times out of ten will be hospitalilzed this weekend( god i hope they dont call me) and two are in the hospital for physical health problems ( as you know the mentally ill, tend to be more medically fragile) anyhoo, the two that are in the hospital have now contracted MRSA that resistant staph infection!!! and im supposed to go out and do hospital contacts... :blink: i dont even want to get close. I was telling my SO about how crazy the work is and that sometimes when everyone is declining how taxing it can be. While i was in JA last week, and me and my SO where on the street in Ochi, I saw a naked woman in a shower cap walking down the street, i asked my SO " Baby what's up with her, do my eyes decieve me or is she naked, he said yeah baby she is crazy and turned around and went back to talking with his brother as if, it was no big deal....LOL :wacko: I said well dyam obviously there is a job market here...maybe i should move to JA, cause obviously there is a need for my services....hahaha. And the funny thing is Mrs. P, no one on the street seemed the least bit fazed by her. WTH???? let someone walk down the streets naked in the states and see what happens!

Oh my God Honey, it's not funny but it is - I saw that same woman! DJ and his friends had the same reaction - we came back later and she was sitting on the curb - I was horrified, and they couldn't understand why - I told them - Hello, she could be getting bugs in her cooch! Never mind that she obviously needs help - they cracked up and kept walking!

LOL...not something you see everyday.

Good morning ladies,

i have absolutely no plans for today. Last saturday this time, i was in JA, with my SO, happy as can be. Today im laying in bed, bored and contemplating how many before days before i return to JA....LOL :mellow:

Honeychild, here is one of the unlock phone web sites that I use sometime http://www.wirelesshut.com/. They are having a great sale right now.

I also understanding how you are feeling right about now. My hubby and I decided that i would be coming back to JA for a little lover nest, the first weekend in Aug. Noone will know I am there, so we will spend all of our time together. Our situation is a little different, I meet my husband here in the USA, before he went back to JA before his visa expired we were living together. But we didn't get married here, we married after he went back and realize that he wanted to spent the rest of his life with me. You know how everone in JA has a nickname, so he decided to give me one, and it is "B" Trouble. so, since that is my name its nothing for me to call him at 4:00 am in the morning, and tell him I miss him. Then I tell him to move over because i am climbing in the bed with him, because he is usually half sleep, he starts to move over to make room for me, then it darns on him, I am talking to him over the phone. Then he goes into his mumbling of patois. (Ha Ha) Who does he remember when he wakes up fully/ TROUBLE.

Well let me now call his grandmother who is a pistol. She keeps a check on everyone.

Roxcie

Thanks Roxcie, i was just sitting here thinking about calling my SO, he is probably awake and up doing laundry. I miss him so much :wacko: but i hate how consumed i feel at times by wanting to talk to him and be with him. When i dated guys in the states, it was never like this, probably because i knew we would see one another or talk, and if a day went by that we didnt talk , no big deal, as i didnt want to appear clingy. With my SO being in JA, i dont feel i have that luxury( it that makes any sense). I was all set to make a quick weekend trip back next month, but he talked me back to my senses that i cant afford to do that( and he is right). ....( sighing...)

I truly understand all that you have expressed, the quick trip back for me will be at his expense, totally. He said we need to talk, I will talk and you will listern. He says I am hard head, but that is not true I am logical. Well for him to say he qill talk is a plus in its self. He do not like to explain things in detail, where I am a detail person. This should be very interesting. Ha HA. We are learning to communicate better, its better we work on it now before we live together and then come to realize that we have a communication problem. We will take advance of our seperation to work on issues that might cause us major problems when we start living in the same house. Honeychild, this relationship I have with my husband is alot different than what I have had with previous ex. I was the same way, I never felt the need to cling, if I heard or saw them I was fine. But with my husband its like I can't get enough of him. With mu husband we can sit in a room together and don't speak and we are but okay with it.

He had to experience one of my PMS monents. I told him the other day, I needed space. He texted me back and said "YOU are my wifey, what space. That made me laugh so hard. :lol::yes: I texted him back and sid and YES you are my husband. So I quess the space request was denied. See being single for so long, i didn't have to request space, just didn't answer my cell phone. Can't do that anymore. These are the small things I am getting use to.

Roxcie

Timeline

exactly roxcie, there were times when we were together and would just be together in a room, me watching TV, him doing something else, who knows and it was fine. I havent lived with a man in about 6 years or so, so i believe that it will be a major adjustment on both of our parts, but right now we are focusing on being totally honest with one another. I dont like the fact that he drinks, now i am a social drinker, and when i was in JA, i was quite social...lol...but he always drinks red stripe, no big deal, most men drink beer, well D is a bartender. I have yet to see him drunk or his personality change when he is drinking but i still dont like it. So anyway, he called me and said baby, i know i said i wouldnt drink today, but some guest came to my bar and had me make them a special drink and then insisted i have one with them. Im like fool, they are on vacation, you are at work, when your butt is unemployed dont say shyt,now i know you have to smooze your guests and when they are drinking and have a good time you want to keep the good vibes rolling, but ROXCIE then he goes on to say baby, i had six shots with them!!!!! he said well im being honest i know you dont like it, but im telling you so dont be mad. :blink:

exactly roxcie, there were times when we were together and would just be together in a room, me watching TV, him doing something else, who knows and it was fine. I havent lived with a man in about 6 years or so, so i believe that it will be a major adjustment on both of our parts, but right now we are focusing on being totally honest with one another. I dont like the fact that he drinks, now i am a social drinker, and when i was in JA, i was quite social...lol...but he always drinks red stripe, no big deal, most men drink beer, well D is a bartender. I have yet to see him drunk or his personality change when he is drinking but i still dont like it. So anyway, he called me and said baby, i know i said i wouldnt drink today, but some guest came to my bar and had me make them a special drink and then insisted i have one with them. Im like fool, they are on vacation, you are at work, when your butt is unemployed dont say shyt,now i know you have to smooze your guests and when they are drinking and have a good time you want to keep the good vibes rolling, but ROXCIE then he goes on to say baby, i had six shots with them!!!!! he said well im being honest i know you dont like it, but im telling you so dont be mad. :blink:

OR how about this is the Jamaica way. My sister-inlaw who married my brother-in-law, after he can her last month on a work visa. She calls me and say everytime something isn't right... her SO tells her its the Jamaica way. :dance: I have to tell her that is not true, and he knows this stuff he is spilling out is not right. The good thing about this is my brother-in-law and his wife is going thru the adjustment first, so I know what mistakes not to make or what I might expect from my husband. But I really can't say that my husband and his brother are like day and night. Like when I was there last, every evening when my husband came in from work he brought me mangos, or pinapples or something special to drink. I cam e to realize that the fruit was in place of flowers. Before he left for work he would make me coffee. When I was visiting he only worked in the morning, so we had a lot of time together. I'm sitting here now wondering, if I could have gotten him to paint my toenails. Now ladies we know that is a special treat, if your man is willing to paint your toenails.

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL, Roxcie, I HATE that line!

You are too funny with the toenails - My nails are the one area that I am high maintenance in - I get frequent manicures and pedicures. Last trip, DJ stepped on my toe and chipped the polish somehow - He said that he would fix them - Between using the remover to take off the polish, and then repainting them, my entire foot had a pinkish red tinge with red stripes! I guess it's the thought that counts, but never again! :wacko: He can paint the house, etc.... no more toes!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

LOL, Roxcie, I HATE that line!

You are too funny with the toenails - My nails are the one area that I am high maintenance in - I get frequent manicures and pedicures. Last trip, DJ stepped on my toe and chipped the polish somehow - He said that he would fix them - Between using the remover to take off the polish, and then repainting them, my entire foot had a pinkish red tinge with red stripes! I guess it's the thought that counts, but never again! :wacko: He can paint the house, etc.... no more toes!

I too am high maintenance with my toe-nails. My husband says I am too high maintenance with shoes, i will wear three different pair of shoes a day. When I travel I used to have just one suitcase for shoe. LOL, I have gotten much better now. I try to limit my shoes on a trip, but I am always looking for shoes when I travel. I spend money on shoes and bras and panties. I can be having a lousy day, I just smile when I remember what I might be wearing under my clothes. My husband gets a HOOT :thumbs: out of it. I could have on all blabk, but my undies copuld be bright shocking hot pink or red or leopard skin stripe. This alos helps my confident when I am in a meeting and I am the only person of color and the rest are WM's who think I have nothing of importance to say. Well off to the gym I must go.

Roxcie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am the same way with my underwear - bra and panties must match! I am getting better with shoes, but I have far too many! Barbados is a dangerous place for me with shoes = there is one shop that has gorgeous shoes from Europe, and I think I bought 11 pairs one trip! I had to squeeze some into my friend's suitcase, lol

I am heading to the gym too - Then back home to spend the rest of the day working. :cry:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

OR how about "this is the Jamaica way". My sister-inlaw who married my brother-in-law, (after he can her last month on a work visa), calls me and say everytime something isn't right... her SO tells her its the Jamaica way. :dance: I tells her that is not true, and he knows the stuff he is spilling out is not right. The good thing about this is my brother-in-law and his wife is going thru the adjustment period first, so I will know what mistakes not to make or what I might expect from my husband. But I really can say that my husband and his brother are like day and night. Like when I was there last, every evening when my husband came in from work he brought me mangos, or pineapples or something special to drink. I came to realize that the fruit and drinks were in place of flowers. Before he left for work he would make me coffee. When I was visiting he only worked in the morning, so we had a lot of time together. I'm sitting here now wondering, if I could have gotten him to paint my toenails. Now ladies we know that is a special treat, if your man is willing to paint your toenails.

Roxcie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
D, wants me to try to find a Blackberry on Ebay( how the heck he knows about ebay is beyond me) but i told him i dont think you can chip certain phones. The guy at the gas station is from egypt, and though i cant hardly understand him, i love him to death...LOL...he says that with Verizon, sprint and some other brands you cant unlock them, but with an AT&T phone you can? i wasnt real clear in understanding him. Anyone know about this? even though i dont even know why im asking, i refuse to allow him to spend that kind of dyam money,cause if you can buy that phone then you can take care of some other stuff that is more important...like going to the dentist. You would rather cry and snot when your teeth are hurting, but will save up for god knows how long for a dyam phone... :huh::rolleyes:

Verizon phones don't use a chip - they can't be unlocked and used - I know that AT&T ones can - but I have Verizon service, so I researched this out because I had gotten a new phone (won it through work) and was going to bring the old down for a friend -

They can be unlocked, but just not for Digicel. Once unlocked, you can only use them on B-Mobile or Miphone. I had the chocolate phone unlocked in April.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Michele ur right..I unlock my phone to use it when I go as well and cannot use it with digicel...

Roxcie...u better learn to lessen that 1 suitcase for shoes only..cause with the weight and baggage requirements changin...u soon only can carry one suitcase :)...i sued to do the same..until I started traveling with Kimora who does not get a bag..so picture me packing for myself and a 2 mths old for a 3 week trip in 1 suitcase

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Michele ur right..I unlock my phone to use it when I go as well and cannot use it with digicel...

Roxcie...u better learn to lessen that 1 suitcase for shoes only..cause with the weight and baggage requirements changin...u soon only can carry one suitcase :)...i sued to do the same..until I started traveling with Kimora who does not get a bag..so picture me packing for myself and a 2 mths old for a 3 week trip in 1 suitcase

You are so right, I hate the fact that I now have to pay for luggage. So I will have to learn to do with one suitcase. I don't know how you are going to be able to pack a 50lb limit suitcase for a three week trip. Now what I am planning on doing the next time I go down, I will leave some of my clothes (summer) since I live in a seasonal area of the USA. When I go back in November for the 3 weeks, I won't have to bring as much for myself, then I can bring along some other items for gifts. Note, I generally have the 50ib limit because my flight always have a layover in Florida. Air Jamaica, is the only one not charging for bags yet, but their tickets are too high, plus I like flying out out Ronald Regan in DC, this way I can get the subway home if no one is available to pick me up.

Roxcie

Hey, I am not quite clear what you'll are saying here. I had my husband razor unlocked, is was ATT phone, and it worked for him in JA. I brought my phone unlocked (Blackberry) and it works with my digicel chip. I know spirit and verzion phone do not have chips, (some of them do) so you can't use those. I would still buy a cheap unlock phone to use in JA, rather than keep bearing the international rates for calls I am making in JA to JA .

This site is having a sale on unlock phone for any one who may be intrested in purchasing unlock phones.

http://www.wirelesshut.com/

Roxcie

Timeline

Hmmm...I have ATT too Roxcie..and I had a LG and had it unlocked and it wouldn't work with digicel....but i had bought my husband a phone back in the day and he had unlocked down there and it works with digicel....it's something with the band u have to pick the correct band...I just got a Palm centro and I'm about to ask to have it unlocked too

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.