Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
we wont even get started on how slow stuff is over there, D says when he goes in the post office, though they dont even ask him his name anymore, they just start digging for envelopes from the US for him. Initially when i was in the phase of saying we cant talk all the time, we have to write letters and get online .... :rolleyes: it is amusing to me now. i cant imagine not talking to D, everyday at least once or twice everyday now, expensive as it is, but heck after his accident when we didnt talk for a few days, here and there, i was going thru it.....LOL. And the mail is so slow in JA, that if i write a letter, odds are we will have already discussed what i wrote in the letter by the time it arrives. Ok, so me and D were looking at phones, he wants to replace his that got broke, the one he wants to buy is about $160 US , which he insists on saving for, cause it has all these dam bells and whistles on it... i keep telling him as long as it has a dial tone and rings, what do u need all that extra ####### on there for???? if were saving to file ppwk, then u need to buy the cheapest phone they got in the place, heck my razor is so raggedy but what do i care, it is just a phone, im not curing cancer with it, so we have been semi arguing about it.... For the life of me, i will never understand men. He says baby, it can do alot of stuff, though..Im telling him for $160!!!! please...the man can wrap his belt around his waist almost 2x, with his thin tail, he needs to invest that money in some food in my opinion.... :wacko:

For some reason, it's all about the phone.....a status symbol.

Andre wants an iPhone even though we don't have the internet or text messaging hooked up to our phones anymore. I keep saying, all it can do is ring and maybe you can take a picture. Do you really need all that extra stuff on it you can't even use? I might at well be talking to the wall.

He broke his phone a few weeks ago. I refuse to pay full price for a new one when our plan expires in November and he can upgrade then. (If you ask me, he intentionally broke it cause I said he had to wait till November then. He thought he could force my hand!). He's using my son's old one. He's been pouting ever since.

I've had the same Razr for 3 years.....no problems.

What is it with men and phones?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

D, wants me to try to find a Blackberry on Ebay( how the heck he knows about ebay is beyond me) but i told him i dont think you can chip certain phones. The guy at the gas station is from egypt, and though i cant hardly understand him, i love him to death...LOL...he says that with Verizon, sprint and some other brands you cant unlock them, but with an AT&T phone you can? i wasnt real clear in understanding him. Anyone know about this? even though i dont even know why im asking, i refuse to allow him to spend that kind of dyam money,cause if you can buy that phone then you can take care of some other stuff that is more important...like going to the dentist. You would rather cry and snot when your teeth are hurting, but will save up for god knows how long for a dyam phone... :huh::rolleyes:

Timeline

I thought if they were unlocked, you could use them with any chip.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Jg, i have no clue? i dont really understand the whole phone chip thing. I have seen them sold on ebay as GSM unlocked, but i dont know what the h#ll any of that means. Im not really up to supporting D's quest for a blackberry phone cause anyway, i wouldnt care if he had the kind of cell phone that used to be attached to the carrying case ( remember those? the really big ones)...LOL....i mean honestly what is he going to do with it...he doesnt have internet access, he sucks when it comes to emailing, cause he types with 2 fingers, ...LOL..

D, wants me to try to find a Blackberry on Ebay( how the heck he knows about ebay is beyond me) but i told him i dont think you can chip certain phones. The guy at the gas station is from egypt, and though i cant hardly understand him, i love him to death...LOL...he says that with Verizon, sprint and some other brands you cant unlock them, but with an AT&T phone you can? i wasnt real clear in understanding him. Anyone know about this? even though i dont even know why im asking, i refuse to allow him to spend that kind of dyam money,cause if you can buy that phone then you can take care of some other stuff that is more important...like going to the dentist. You would rather cry and snot when your teeth are hurting, but will save up for god knows how long for a dyam phone... :huh::rolleyes:

Honeychild, you can buy any phone unlock, I only buy unlock phones. Lock phones are only sold here in the USA, eveywhere else in the world they sell unlock phones. If I wanted to change my carrier, all I have to do is put their chip in. I have an unlock Blackberry pearl, and I switch between, T-mobile for my Blackberry service, Att for business, and digcel when I am visting in JA. This makes life so much easier. If you wish I can turn you on to some websites I use when I am looking for unlock phones. I will be researching to find the unlock ipod soon.

Be Bles

Roxcie

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Honeychild, you can buy any phone unlock, I only buy unlock phones. Lock phones are only sold here in the USA, eveywhere else in the world they sell unlock phones. If I wanted to change my carrier, all I have to do is put their chip in. I have an unlock Blackberry pearl, and I switch between, T-mobile for my Blackberry service, Att for business, and digcel when I am visting in JA. This makes life so much easier. If you wish I can turn you on to some websites I use when I am looking for unlock phones. I will be researching to find the unlock ipod soon.

Be Bles

Roxcie

Iphone, right? Otherwise, you are confusing me.

I use cellular blowout for unlocked phones.

I just looked.....an unlocked blackberry is $349.99. OUCH!!!

I have bought unlocked for people and taken them into JA for them. All they do is put in the chip and they are good to go. I had a few issues with using my unlocked Razr in the US. Had to call AT&T and get them to do something.

I thought this was interesting for the stats........

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...FEES_ONLINE.asp

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Be Bles

Roxcie

Iphone, right? Otherwise, you are confusing me.

I use cellular blowout for unlocked phones.

I just looked.....an unlocked blackberry is $349.99. OUCH!!!

I have bought unlocked for people and taken them into JA for them. All they do is put in the chip and they are good to go. I had a few issues with using my unlocked Razr in the US. Had to call AT&T and get them to do something.

I thought this was interesting for the stats........

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/2...FEES_ONLINE.asp

Yes, Iphone, sorry to confuse you.

Roxcie

Timeline

Good Afternoon..

i am finally caught up.. my oldest had her appendix removed monday and is at home doing fine..

u guys have had me laughing as usual.. Glad to c everyone doing well.

on the phone honey..AT&T will easily allow u to call in to have the phone unlocked.. my blackberry was under my husband but it was mine.. (i paid the bill) so when we separated and I was ready to sell it, I just called and had them unlock it so that it could be used under any phone svc..

Timeline

I am so freakin' bored today. Everyone other person on my floor either went home early or didn't come in at all today. As luck would have it, the day I could sneak out without anyone knowing, I'm stuck here till my ride comes after 4.

I've been searching the web for Jah Cure video. Even that has lost it's fun now.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Be Bles

Roxcie, that would be cool any info you can provide would be good, i will probably just forward it to him or print it out and mail it to him and let him decide what he wants.

JG,

Okay help me understand, i have Verizon right now and intend to keep it, but if i went into an AT&T carrier of cellphones or a mall kiosk, and bought a blackberry pearl with no service on it, then when i went to JA he could just put a digicell chip in and get it working?

Timeline
I am so freakin' bored today. Everyone other person on my floor either went home early or didn't come in at all today. As luck would have it, the day I could sneak out without anyone knowing, I'm stuck here till my ride comes after 4.

I've been searching the web for Jah Cure video. Even that has lost it's fun now.

I feel ya JG..this day is going by like molasses.. if I hadn't dragged my heels getting in today, i might be leaving in a few min..C'est la vie!!!

Timeline

Be Bles

Roxcie

Roxcie --

Thanks for the breakdown. My SO has tried to explain this to me time and time again about the chip and the phone... and changing the chip in the phone to different providers...yada, yada, yada. It was like he was speaking Greek, but I think I understand more since you mentioned the difference between lock and unlocked phones. Hell, I never new our phones were locked, but it makes sense now.

Thanks, girl! :thumbs:

Be Bles

Roxcie, that would be cool any info you can provide would be good, i will probably just forward it to him or print it out and mail it to him and let him decide what he wants.

JG,

Okay help me understand, i have Verizon right now and intend to keep it, but if i went into an AT&T carrier of cellphones or a mall kiosk, and bought a blackberry pearl with no service on it, then when i went to JA he could just put a digicell chip in and get it working?

Honeychild, as long as ATT unlock the phone for you, you can put any carriers sim cad in it. Remember you will need to have them to unlock it for you.

Be Bless

Roxcie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hennybody ketch dis yah story...

JamaicaStar.com 07/16/2008

NOISY GAY MEN EVICTED

A group of boisterous homosexuals who had been disturbing the community of Chevy Chase in Havendale, St Andrew, were evicted on Monday after residents complained to both police and the owner of the property about the men's behaviour.

The residents said the men had moved into the normally quiet community and had made their lives a living hell with their partying and raucous behaviour.

The residents said the house was leased by a man who appeared to be gay last week. The lease agreement was supposed to take effect this week. But, the men moved in and started partying and disturbing the community almost immediately. The men were evicted after residents complained to the owner who called the police to help in their eviction.

Extremely loud music

Residents said gay parties were hosted on the weekend at the address, harnessing large homosexual and lesbian crowds that disrupted the sleep of others with extremely loud music that continued up to 3 a.m. in some cases.

One Chevy Chase resident who spoke with THE STAR said the entire community had been disturbed, to say to the least. "I have children and I live close to the house. You should hear some of the things these people yell at the top of their voices when they are talking or are arguing, especially the gay men, its some real sketel behaviour." He continued: "It is so disgusting it makes you want to throw up, the things they say are too graphic to mention. It's bad enough that these people are gay but to be a gay sketel is even worse."

The resident also told The Star that just last Saturday, he had to call the Constant Spring police to come and end one of the many blaring gay parties which was being held.

Big rowdy party

"I was awoken by the blaring music about 3 a.m. When I checked, I saw that they were having a big rowdy party, I mean cars were just letting off men non-stop. Some of them were wearing heels, stocking, wigs, shorts, dress and even belly-skin tops," he said. " So I called the police, who came and eventually shut off the party."

The resident said he also believes that the house was being used as a sex shop for gays as he had witnessed non-stop trafficking of men round the clock since it was rented and have overheard several jaw-dropping quarrels and conversations among the men that would suggest this as well.

When The Star contacted the Constant Spring police the police confirmed that they did, in fact, respond to a disturbing the peace call in the community as the residents had related.

"There was a party with loud music where a large group of persons were being entertained. It is assumed that these people were gay based on their dress, mannerisms and acknowledgement from they themselves," the lawman said. "We turned off the music and dispersed them peacefully." The policeman also confirmed that some of the gay men at the party were indeed dressed as women, sporting lipstick, stockings and brassieres.

Lawd mi laff till mi drap pon "gay sketel"

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.