Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jomo,

Let's not go there. I was so thinking the same thing, Like well, did you bother to check the police report before you left, but I didn't because he felt bad enough when he told me and I knew he had a lot on his mind so he probably wasn't thinking to check the form. Someone had broken into his store the night before and in the midst of all that he had to take a 3-4 hour bus trip to Kingston. But don't think for one minute I wasn't thinking that same thing...I wanted to say so bad, " well why didn't you check it before leaving the place".

I feel for you there.

My husband called me yesterday afternoon around 1 because after riding the bus home, he realized he had left his key at work. After finding out why he needed to take his key out of his pocket, I gave him several alternatives:

ride the bus back out to work, pick it up, and ride it back home

try to find our landlord's son, who was the next block over at his grandma's, and find our spare key at their house

wait for the landlord to come home around 4:30 (he happened to be really late yesterday)

wait for me to get a ride home around 5

ride the bus over here, get my key, ride back home

When, I got home, he was sitting on the porch all cranky. Today, he says, you didn't even say anything nice to me about being stuck on the back porch. Like it was my fault he took his key out of his pocket and left it at work.

I ended up not saying anything during the incident or today cause what I was thinking was better left to myself.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I should say I am sorry. I've been crabby lately. And, yes, I was trying to be nice.

Tonisha is my friend out of public view.....I did tell her to stop the capitals cause I couldnt' talk to her anymore without getting a headache.

Hee....hee.....Gill!

No prob Chica... I'd be crabby too and anxiously awaiting the 28th!!!! ;) Humph!

It's just funny how you get to know people once you've been around for awhile... I saw KC's caps and was like ...JG ain't gonna like this...how is she gonna get her point across...I was waiting for it... :pop::lol: :lol: Then when I saw your post it was like... :rofl: ...THAT'S MY JG ...always so delicate in her delivery! :no:

:lol: :lol:

Love you for being you Girl...don't change!

Gill

You will love this, Gill...........

I just told Andre our car was ready to pick up after I get off work today. 5 freakin' days they had this thing....UGH! Anyhow, I said, well, on the bright side, we didn't use any gas this week. There is that. He said....... ARE YOU READY?....

You can use the money we didn't spend on gas to buy yourself a birthday present.

Crabby or not, I held my tongue. No good would come from what I was/am thinking!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

You guys need to check out this post. It's so funny in an ironic kind of way

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139612

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
I should say I am sorry. I've been crabby lately. And, yes, I was trying to be nice.

Tonisha is my friend out of public view.....I did tell her to stop the capitals cause I couldnt' talk to her anymore without getting a headache.

Hee....hee.....Gill!

No prob Chica... I'd be crabby too and anxiously awaiting the 28th!!!! ;) Humph!

It's just funny how you get to know people once you've been around for awhile... I saw KC's caps and was like ...JG ain't gonna like this...how is she gonna get her point across...I was waiting for it... :pop::lol: :lol: Then when I saw your post it was like... :rofl: ...THAT'S MY JG ...always so delicate in her delivery! :no:

Gill

I just told Andre our car was ready to pick up after I get off work today. 5 freakin' days they had this thing....UGH! Anyhow, I said, well, on the bright side, we didn't use any gas this week. There is that. He said....... ARE YOU READY?....

You can use the money we didn't spend on gas to buy yourself a birthday present.

Crabby or not, I held my tongue. No good would come from what I was/am thinking!

NOW, JG ----

YOU'RE GOOD. I WOULD NOT HAVE LET THAT ONE SLIP....haaaaaaaaa Love you and the CAPS :rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Hee....hee.....Gill!

Gill

NOW, JG ----

YOU'RE GOOD. I WOULD NOT HAVE LET THAT ONE SLIP....haaaaaaaaa Love you and the CAPS :rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hee....hee.....Gill!

Gill

OMGOOOOOODNESS!!! Gurl, sometimes they just DON'T GET IT!!!! I 've found it doesn't matter the nationality...men are men!!

I hope you said "No, Honey...I put it in savings...cause you are gonna need every penny to bail me out of jail once I put you in the hospital!! :bonk::lol: :lol:

"Serenity NOW Serenity NOW!!!" :innocent:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Hi all,

Okay I have an issue. My SO went to Kingston to pick up his police record the other day. Well he informs me yesterday that they left a letter out of his name. It should be Jeromie but they spelled it Jerome. Although he goes by Jerome, Jeromie is on his birth certificate. Anyway, I called NVC and they stated that it may make a difference because the CO at the interview may think its someone else or an alias...OMG, it seems the closer we get to this interview date, the more issues arise. I told him to call Kingston and inform them of the error and see if anything can be done without having to make another 4 hour trip. (doubtful)

I swear its almost impossible to stay sane going thru this process. Then to make matters worse, I call about not receiving my rebate check yesterday only to find out that it was mailed out but went to an address that was on file for my 2007 taxes which was incorrect. Wouldn't you know it, my taxes were prepared by someone else thru Taxact and direct deposited into my account. I went to retreive my paperwork and never paid attention to the address. Well they typed in the correct city,state, and zip but wrong street address.(which is partially correct) So this means that the 2007 tax info I gave my SO has an incorrect address. I did include previous years tax info,W2's and paystubs which all display the correct address. Now i'm wondering if this will make a difference. You would think, with all the mistakes the embassy makes, but it will be just my luck.

Ty,

I really don't think it would be a huge problem...the issue is "the luck of the draw'!

Ken reminded me last night that they spelled his name wrong on the non-impedment to marriage and his police certificate! He is Keniel...they spelled it Keneil. Ken actually told the Police people and the guy said "Nuh boddah fuh worry yuhself bout dat Man...dem nah guh check hit! " granted he was right but still. And the Non-impedment ...we waited for 6 weeks to get it and we didn't have that type of time to file it again!

Now it's slight enough, but no one even caught it...I really think it depends on who is checking it and what mood they happen to be in that day!

Try not to stress...remember what I told you it WILL work out!!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It does seem like such a waste. The funny thing is he actually goes by Jerome. And that's how he spells it. Now on the birth certificate and passport its Jeromie..I guess what really has me worried is like you said, its the luck of the draw. I'm going to have him to call and inform them of the mistake and to see if he could get one same day if he comes up August 18th the day before his interview. He is going to go up a day early and stay over with relatives so it would be easier to pick it up then if he has to have it.

tymoore

Timeline
Hi all,

Okay I have an issue. My SO went to Kingston to pick up his police record the other day. Well he informs me yesterday that they left a letter out of his name. It should be Jeromie but they spelled it Jerome. Although he goes by Jerome, Jeromie is on his birth certificate. Anyway, I called NVC and they stated that it may make a difference because the CO at the interview may think its someone else or an alias...OMG, it seems the closer we get to this interview date, the more issues arise. I told him to call Kingston and inform them of the error and see if anything can be done without having to make another 4 hour trip. (doubtful)

I swear its almost impossible to stay sane going thru this process. Then to make matters worse, I call about not receiving my rebate check yesterday only to find out that it was mailed out but went to an address that was on file for my 2007 taxes which was incorrect. Wouldn't you know it, my taxes were prepared by someone else thru Taxact and direct deposited into my account. I went to retreive my paperwork and never paid attention to the address. Well they typed in the correct city,state, and zip but wrong street address.(which is partially correct) So this means that the 2007 tax info I gave my SO has an incorrect address. I did include previous years tax info,W2's and paystubs which all display the correct address. Now i'm wondering if this will make a difference. You would think, with all the mistakes the embassy makes, but it will be just my luck.

Ty,

I really don't think it would be a huge problem...the issue is "the luck of the draw'!

Ken reminded me last night that they spelled his name wrong on the non-impedment to marriage and his police certificate! He is Keniel...they spelled it Keneil. Ken actually told the Police people and the guy said "Nuh boddah fuh worry yuhself bout dat Man...dem nah guh check hit! " granted he was right but still. And the Non-impedment ...we waited for 6 weeks to get it and we didn't have that type of time to file it again!

Now it's slight enough, but no one even caught it...I really think it depends on who is checking it and what mood they happen to be in that day!

Try not to stress...remember what I told you it WILL work out!!

Bless,

Gill

I agree. But, again, you never know. If you have the time, I would waste the energy.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

It is pretty slow on that end as well, takes about 2 weeks just for a letter from JA in my experience.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

It is pretty slow on that end as well, takes about 2 weeks just for a letter from JA in my experience.

Thanks Honey!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Ohhhh please...I am STILL waiting for my Valentine's day Card and CD from Ken!!!! Ken never signs his cards so I think a dyam JA post office teef opened it and took the card & CD and recycled it to his Girl for V-day! :lol: :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

Hee....hee.....Gill!

It's just funny how you get to know people once you've been around for awhile... I saw KC's caps and was like ...JG ain't gonna like this...how is she gonna get her point across...I was waiting for it... :pop::lol::lol: Then when I saw your post it was like... :rofl: ...THAT'S MY JG ...always so delicate in her delivery! :no:

:lol::lol:

Gill

for real?????? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we wont even get started on how slow stuff is over there, D says when he goes in the post office, though they dont even ask him his name anymore, they just start digging for envelopes from the US for him. Initially when i was in the phase of saying we cant talk all the time, we have to write letters and get online .... :rolleyes: it is amusing to me now. i cant imagine not talking to D, everyday at least once or twice everyday now, expensive as it is, but heck after his accident when we didnt talk for a few days, here and there, i was going thru it.....LOL. And the mail is so slow in JA, that if i write a letter, odds are we will have already discussed what i wrote in the letter by the time it arrives. Ok, so me and D were looking at phones, he wants to replace his that got broke, the one he wants to buy is about $160 US , which he insists on saving for, cause it has all these dam bells and whistles on it... i keep telling him as long as it has a dial tone and rings, what do u need all that extra ####### on there for???? if were saving to file ppwk, then u need to buy the cheapest phone they got in the place, heck my razor is so raggedy but what do i care, it is just a phone, im not curing cancer with it, so we have been semi arguing about it.... For the life of me, i will never understand men. He says baby, it can do alot of stuff, though..Im telling him for $160!!!! please...the man can wrap his belt around his waist almost 2x, with his thin tail, he needs to invest that money in some food in my opinion.... :wacko:

Timeline

Yeah, Claire. One of these days he will learn to hold his tongue as well.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.